• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 ┇ 2024 ┇ Plan N for Next Season™

2024 F1 Canadian GP in Memes:​

yG2DvTZ.jpeg

lAEFXxl.png

DbSqM51.jpeg

dJSjnrL.jpeg

emlOMB7.jpeg

xlM6PzN.png

qlXpkwo.png

ZmxyJPM.png
thdGQrA.png

cCcp5Cj.jpeg

qlCAKNM.jpeg

Ljv88fQ.jpeg

TZrRwqb.jpeg

AlniCfw.jpeg

RlhOGcw.jpeg

5KCZXYm.jpeg

VFDKAk2.jpeg

RiUjd4E.jpeg

mRHoUsq.png

87jp72H.jpeg

e0tSqdj.jpeg

wMy9A1K.jpeg

l2rFGY6.jpeg

pA08qn6.jpeg

Pg0U9uK.jpeg

45f6GGp.jpeg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

He better not bring his drama to Ferrari next season.. they’ve got enough of that already
There was already some talk about increasing diversity in Ferrari. ;) I'm pretty sure Ferrari will allow him to do what he wants as long as he stays with them.

twilo99

Especially after their stocks went up after the announcement Hamilton was joining.

The stock went up because they posted their financials that day or the day before and they exceeded expectations.

Hamilton will indeed help sell an enormous amount of Ferrari merchandise.. 90% of Mercedes hats and shirts you see in the grandstands today will be red next year.

twilo99

If McLaren wins on Sunday I would consider the MCL38 a proper WDC/WCC title contender.

Barcelona shows most strengths and weakness of a modern F1 car, so if you have one that goes well around here, you will be winning races for sure.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeah, McClaren need to sort their damn strategies out. I sat in disbelief watching Lando continue to circle round for another six laps after Max had come in. Should have covered him off, and then we would have had at least a battle at the end.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yeah, McClaren need to sort their damn strategies out. I sat in disbelief watching Lando continue to circle round for another six laps after Max had come in. Should have covered him off, and then we would have had at least a battle at the end.

While merc was dominating redbull spent years perfecting its pitstop and strategy teams to take advantage of a few bad Mercedes days a season to steal a few wins. You not only need to beat a driver who is robotic consistent and rarely makes big mistakes. You have to beat the best pit stop crew and strategy team. McLaren has the fastest car now they need to catch the rest of the team up to the car. Any mistakes made max and redbull will be there to steal wins.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
While merc was dominating redbull spent years perfecting its pitstop and strategy teams to take advantage of a few bad Mercedes days a season to steal a few wins. You not only need to beat a driver who is robotic consistent and rarely makes big mistakes. You have to beat the best pit stop crew and strategy team. McLaren has the fastest car now they need to catch the rest of the team up to the car. Any mistakes made max and redbull will be there to steal wins.

Doesn't help that they've spring boarded from a mid-field team back to a top team in a matter of a very few races. Inexperience at the top end. Which is a weird thing to say about McClaren... but then it's not the same team that were winning championships years ago.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Lando choked a bit there. Too concerned with not damaging his car for qualifying. If he wants to get properly on terms with Max, he's going to have to be more aggressive.

He saw Max defending that corner twice on the last two laps and then just completely ignored it all and left the door open. Really poor if he wants to compete.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
He saw Max defending that corner twice on the last two laps and then just completely ignored it all and left the door open. Really poor if he wants to compete.

Lando suffers from a lack of both aggression and guts. It's something a lot of the drivers are like these days. Part of Max's dominance is that he can be, and is, an absolute bastard when needed, like his shitbag dad. Hamilton can be ruthless too, but he's in a shitbox car. Drivers like Lando need to take more chances, risk more crashes, and get their fucking elbows out properly. The drivers are too chummy with one another, and Max is taking advantage of that.

midnightAI

Lando suffers from a lack of both aggression and guts. It's something a lot of the drivers are like these days. Part of Max's dominance is that he can be, and is, an absolute bastard when needed, like his shitbag dad. Hamilton can be ruthless too, but he's in a shitbox car. Drivers like Lando need to take more chances, risk more crashes, and get their fucking elbows out properly. The drivers are too chummy with one another, and Max is taking advantage of that.
This post didnt age too well

DJ12

Pressures on and crashtapen is back in full effect, who would've thought the petulant child only went away as he was in by far the best car and didn't have to worry about winning.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Pressures on and crashtapen is back in full effect, who would've thought the petulant child only went away as he was in by far the best car and didn't have to worry about winning.

Yep. And if the others actually push the petulant little cunt, he'll continue to do this kind of thing, and they'll have a chance against him.

Phobos Base

Gold Member
Yep. And if the others actually push the petulant little cunt, he'll continue to do this kind of thing, and they'll have a chance against him.

Oh I'm sure that 10 second penalty which meant he kept the same finishing position will totally make him change his ways.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh I'm sure that 10 second penalty which meant he kept the same finishing position will totally make him change his ways.

Oh, he won't change. But they might. And the more he does that kind of shit, the less the stewards will be able to avoid it - even though I'm sure they'll try. He'll pick up more penalties, and get more petulant, and that's a weakness that can be exploited.

midnightAI

What? It's aged perfectly. Max proved he's a shitbag once again. And Lando only got to see that because he actually did get more aggressive. Exactly what I said he should do.
I was saying it because you said he wasn't aggressive enough towards max, he was now more aggressive and max took him out which isn't a surprise. I was more alluding to the fact that he isn't aggressive enough and then the very same day he becomes more aggressive.

In my opinion he should be stripped of all the points today as he has gained more points by taking out his opponent. It wasn't long ago Verstappen fans were criticising Hamilton of doing the same thing, will be interesting to hear from them today (even though this behaviour isn't new)

People expect max to just let others pass and give them a chance to win cause he is bored of it or something that’s not him at all he could be 300 points ahead in the championship and he would still drive to his limit every time and that’s why he is the absolute best driver on the planet rn

FunkMiller

Gold Member
People expect max to just let others pass and give them a chance to win cause he is bored of it or something that’s not him at all he could be 300 points ahead in the championship and he would still drive to his limit every time and that’s why he is the absolute best driver on the planet rn

Nobody expects him to do that, but he does have to obey the rules. The problem is when he clearly and cynical breaks them. Which he did today.

twilo99

This is the trend now, the lighter the MCL38 gets, the pace difference to the RB20 diminishes:

Norris is loosing the races in the first stint basically

I just watched the highlights and … I see that Russell won, I think I’m going to be sick. 🤢

Need to watch the incident between Lando and Max again, but damn, how unfortunate.

Top Bottom