• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Looks like Mercedes philosophy of less is better worked this time

Who knows, really? Track layout plays hugely in their favour. We will know better in Canada, IMO.

It seems Mercedes is well set for Monaco - they were dominating that last sector

Toto: ROS did better setup changes in qualifying, HAM fought understeering in last laps.

Understeering should help in the race, though, no?

Goldrusher

Quite a lot of people on stands
It's free.

Visuel_ePrix2015_web42.jpg

Business

Making them go through that bottleneck is asking for trouble in the first lap. Disappointing.

heh, that fanboost thing is really cringe worthy.

Dilly

Banned
Urgh, so frustrated watching GP2 at the moment. Vandoorne had to wrestle through the field on mediums with DRS not working for the whole field, and now DRS works again with him being chased down by Rossi on softs.

Fucking bullshit.

Mastah

Urgh, so frustrated watching GP2 at the moment. Vandoorne had to wrestle through the field on mediums with DRS not working for the whole field, and now DRS works again with him being chased down by Rossi on softs.

Fucking bullshit.

And he still won. Stoffel is mega, the best driver in GP2 by a mile.

Dilly

Banned
And he still won. Stoffel is mega, the best driver in GP2 by a mile.

Yup! Got goosebumps, probably because he's Belgian though, hah!

Wasn't on the best strategy, overtook all of the midfield without DRS and kept up the pace so both Rossi and Evans destroyed their softs.

MA BOY!

Hammer24

Banned
Bit more flesh to the FER rumor:
Rivola threw a Party for/with VET, that the Management deems private, but he paid the Drinks in excess of 32000 Euro with FER money.

Pimpwerx

Good pole for Nico. He was simply too quick these two days. Good for Lewis to be on the front row, but it'll require a good start and good race pace to earn the win tomorrow. Not sure I'm watching this one live. It's usually processional. I'll probably watch it on delay now that I've subbed to the app. PEACE.

Aiii

So not worth it

Fucking bullshit.

To be fair, Vandoorne got lucky as well, if Rossi hadn't had that fight with Evans he wouldn't have won, in fact, Stoffel probably would have ended in third.

Still, great race at the end there.

John_B

It seemed like many did not improve on their second run in Q3. Did the track change for the worse?

I'm excited to see the first proper fight between Rosberg and Hamilton this season. I doubt Rosberg can keep Hamilton from reaching DRS for large parts of the race. Seems like a big test for Rosberg.

Good pole for Nico. He was simply too quick these two days. Good for Lewis to be on the front row, but it'll require a good start and good race pace to earn the win tomorrow. Not sure I'm watching this one live. It's usually processional. I'll probably watch it on delay now that I've subbed to the app. PEACE.

Lewis seems to be much more comfortable on the hards than on the mediums.

It seemed like many did not improve on their second run in Q3. Did the track change for the worse?

I'm excited to see the first proper fight between Rosberg and Hamilton this season. I doubt Rosberg can keep Hamilton from reaching DRS for large parts of the race. Seems like a big test for Rosberg.

It will be hard for Lewis to do anything. His best shot is at the start (longest run to the first corner of the season) or through the pits, but it will depend on how quick the Ferraris are behind.

Rosberg seemed much faster than Lewis on Friday in long stints so don't think that Rosberg will be easy meat at all.

DRS is fairly shitty at Spain usually isn't it?

Kimi supposedly lost one set of tires because tire blankets burned them.

Explains why he did the first of his Q3 runs on used tyres unlike anyone else then.

DD

I'm going to watch the Formula E race now. Interesting to see that Di Grassi and Piquet Jr. are so close in the race for the championship. They hate each other, so things might get even more interesting from now on, specially because Piquet is honouring his name and started talking shit towards Di Grassi. :D

Aiii

So not worth it
So, I've only been playing a few hours and I'm playing on Normal with some driving aids (steering wheel, btw): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NtKYGfb40

Got a 1:57.692 at Spa, fair enough, WR is at 1:45.068 and this lap ranks me 167, you can see the lap is far from perfect (but as said, I've only played for a few hours and most of that was in karts, I did maybe 20 laps in time trial for F1, if that. Still, only 7.1 seconds slower than Rosberg's fastest race lap last year. :'D

Regardless, game is tons of fun. Don't buy F1 2015 guys, get Project Cars!

Risgroo

So, I've only been playing a few hours and I'm playing on Normal with some driving aids (steering wheel, btw): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NtKYGfb40

Got a 1:57.692 at Spa, fair enough, WR is at 1:45.068 and this lap ranks me 167, you can see the lap is far from perfect (but as said, I've only played for a few hours and most of that was in karts, I did maybe 20 laps in time trial for F1, if that. Still, only 7.1 seconds slower than Rosberg's fastest race lap last year. :'D

Racing line? -10000000 respect points.
:p

Aiii

So not worth it
You will notice I ignore it, it's rather shit in braking points tbh, completely useless. The game gives you the options on boot, easy mode, normal mode and hard mode. I picked normal mode, which includes the racing line. I haven't actually checked out all the options, first to get driving basics down, then manual gears and then I'll switch to expert.

Fox Mulder

Forza 6 and pcars will make it a great year alone, a solid f1 game would be icing on top.

Risgroo

You will notice I ignore it, it's rather shit in braking points tbh, completely useless. The game gives you the options on boot, easy mode, normal mode and hard mode. I picked normal mode, which includes the racing line. I haven't actually checked out all the options, first to get driving basics down, then manual gears and then I'll switch to expert.
Yeah, I usually just turn off all the assists right away and spend 20 hours crashing into everything before I get gud. Probably a lot less frustrating to do it gradually :D

Top Bottom