• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

untitled-19vzu20.gif

Great shot there

Pimpwerx

Great win. I know the best race car is the one that fails at the finish line, but the penultimate lap is pushing it. Sucks for Nico, but that worked better for Lewis. Vettel in 5th also helps. Every little bit counts if the races are going to be this close.

Good race by Kimi. He's been fast all weekend. With more luck he'd have the win. With more luck, he wouldn't be Kimi. PEACE.

hamchan

Man, Nico had to overtake Vettel 3 times this race and then he still lost out to Raikkonen. That and Ricciardo just barely surviving made this a pretty fun race.

Brake failure isn't a choke is it?
Please, please do not give this man even more excuses for himself. Now we have to wait at least one more race for him to have to come to terms with his status.

He was still slower than Lewis, ignoring the brake problems. But, again, who needs reality when you have excuses?!

If Vettel didn't have a technical problem of any sorts, then he had a really terrible evening. Even finished on Alonso's old favorite position.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis is in a monster form right now, stable as a granite rock.

Both German top drivers were choking today like crazy, Vettel started and Rosberg followed the suit. I think that Vettel damaged his floor at that excursion, because he should be able to pass Bottas easily, but that wasn't the case.

Hasney

Please, please do not give this man even more excuses for himself. Now we have to wait at least one more race for him to have to come to terms with his status.

He was still slower than Lewis, ignoring the brake problems. But, again, who needs reality when you have excuses?!

They're talking about "choking" against Raikonnen, which he didn't due to the brakes. Specifically that moment, nothing more.

They're talking about "choking" against Raikonnen, which he didn't due to the brakes. Specifically that moment, nothing more.
Actually I'm going to question the brakes being the critical problem at the pass.
He followed Kimi to turn 4 and braked hard right alongside him and almost got him back. Obviously the brakes still worked at 100% for some time. If Nico went into turn 4 knowing his brakes were screwed at full speed like that he's stupidly reckless and could have caused a serious incident.

I chuckled when Lewis said that Ferrari gave them a run for their money. I'm sure he only meant Nico.

"You're never happy when you finish second". Heh. I wonder what Nico's face looked like, when he said that.

first thing Raikkonen did was drinking the champagne ... ha!

And it's not even champagne!

dalin80

Banned
An odd amount of pretending that Rosberg did some good overtakes... very odd.

And the brake problem didn't cost Rosberg, kimi was about to get him anyway.

Xun

Pretty fun race I thought.

I started to nod off in sections of it, but that had nothing to do with the quality of the race.

I drank too much last night.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
@NobleF1
Toto Wolff reveals end of race drama: "Both cars lost brake-by-wire one and a half laps from the end, and that leaves you unable to defend."

That explains Rosberg's braking problem, and Hamilton's ""BBU4" (?) radio message.

McNum

@NobleF1
Toto Wolff reveals end of race drama: "Both cars lost brake-by-wire one and a half laps from the end, and that leaves you unable to defend."

That explains Rosberg's braking problem, and Hamilton's ""BBU4" (?) radio message.
"BBW Fault" sounds more likely.

Kind of amazing, if the race had been one or two laps longer, the results would have been different. Mercedes were quite lucky the faults happened that late in the race.

Hasney

@NobleF1

BBW4. Probably not the number of big beautiful women he wanted for the celebration and Brake By Wire code yeah.

EDIT: McNum saying fault makes more sense.

"BBW Fault" sounds more likely.

Kind of amazing, if the race had been one or two laps longer, the results would have been different. Mercedes were quite lucky the faults happened that late in the race.

Fault happened because of the lapped cars at the end. Brakes overheated because it was hard to cool them whilst following other cars.

duckroll

At least we know for sure now that both Ferraris are capable of being serious threats to the Mercedes. Makes the rest of the season much more enticing.

Top Bottom