• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladenic

Inthezone, how are you so sure "Where Have You Been" ain't gonna flop like Talk that Talk (which deserved more success for being SO good) and Birthday Cake (I'm glad this flopped because it fucking sucks and I hate "Breezy"). I'm gonna laugh if either Kelly's "Dark Side" or Kesha's new banger cockblocks Rihanna.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Inthezone, how are you so sure "Where Have You Been" ain't gonna flop like Talk that Talk (which deserved more success for being SO good) and Birthday Cake (I'm glad this flopped because it fucking sucks and I hate "Breezy"). I'm gonna laugh if either Kelly's "Dark Side" or Kesha's new banger cockblocks Rihanna.

'Talk That Talk'

'deserved success'

'so good'

x5ne8o9p9h.gif

c'mon guys, loud only came out like three weeks ago i swear

it's not like madonna stans where you've had time to forget what a good album by your fave sounds like

Bladenic

Alright, maybe I exaggerated a tad, but I found Talk that Talk a lot more listenable and catchy with a WAY better guest rapper than the mess known as Birthday Cake.

royalan

They're both mediocre songs. But at least Watch n Learn is the sort of mediocre we haven't heard on the radio in a while, unlike Where Have You Been.

Agreed.

I love the baseline in Watch n' Learn. I could see myself busting a "dutty wine" to it up in the club.

DYBPG.gif

And, personally, I think Rihanna is at her most creative and interesting when she's doing her unique brand of Island Pop, and featuring her trademark pronounced island patois. It's the one thing about her that can't really be duplicated by anyone else right now. Because, let's face it, nobody was ever checking for that other Barbadian export that tried it:

AHB80.jpg

Mau ®

I dont see how Birthday Cake flopped when it wasnt a proper single. The fact that it reached 65M on radio (and still gaining) and it's selling consistently on itunes (where its only 1 :29 long song) and that it outperformed Marry The Night despite zero promo, video and her label opposing it speaks a lot if the track had gotten actual support.

It'll be summer soon. Everybody needs a hot banger from Rih.

DMeisterJ

Banned

Because it's already blowing up on airplay before the official release.

And BC is #29 on the Hot 100 without a digital release, or being an official single. And no video. Hardly a flop. It's a serious missed opportunity by her management though.

Bladenic

Yeah just checked up on Cake and it would probably go top 5/10 with digital... I'm glad it won't since I detest it. Talk that Talk deserved more success though.

And I noticed Where Have You Been isn't officially released till May, so yeah that'll probably be a big hit. As long as it doesn't stop my fave Kelly Godson from ascending to the top of the charts I'm fine with it being a hit since I like it.

Edit: Just gonna throw this on here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex_on_the_Distant_Horizon

No way will this be released in May, but I hope everyone's faves are ready because the animal is coming back to slay everyone.

tumblr_lpk64kRXin1qkwe37o8_500.gif

Edit: Just gonna throw this on here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spandex_on_the_Distant_Horizon

No way will this be released in May, but I hope everyone's faves are ready because the animal is coming back to slay everyone.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpk64kRXin1qkwe37o8_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wait, I missed this post.

[B]SPANDEX ON THE DISTANT HORIZON?[/B]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iNIXB.gif

This is up there with The Shanertance and Heartstrings & Synagogue Vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom