• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
What octopus decided to LIVE on her HEAD.

HEW is it tbh

Rhenna

YpEM8.jpg

Thanks for the warm (and not so warm) welcome ya'll! :)

Gaybert? Really? Yuck. Get out.

No. Really.

Ugly Lambert is the most heinous thing to be produced by America since... Well shit, he IS the worst of all time.
tumblr_m70ki00b4i1qcpbfy.gif

Trespassing is a great album, and I will stand by that for as long as I live.

DMeisterJ

Banned
So, hi Pop GAF! *waves* Until last night, I didn't even know this thread existed. I thought I would come and post here since I like pop music. Maybe I could even add some new faves to my catalog due to this thread, who knows. Anyways, I should tell ya'll about my musical taste I guess. My ultimate fave is Kelly Clarkson, no one can compare in my eyes, no one. Lady GaGa would be my second fave, because like Kelly, she is flawless. Others I dig are Ke$ha, Florence + The Machine, and Adam Lambert. I have others I like to listen to as well, but I don't want to bore ya'll with a list. So, my question, will I be accepted here?

Belly Lardson has stans?

I mean, I know Crumpet likes her, but I wasn't sure she had more than one person who enjoyed her music. I don't see Rihanna or Britney or Adele on the list, so no, you won't be accepted by me, at least.

ib1ulRRX5JtYFJ.gif

Nemesis_

Prefer her LOUD ERA look tbh

21513-1010.png

I can't stand Kelly Clarkson. Her music has always come across as music for fat girls who can't get boyfriends or hard lesbians who need anthemic power anthems to lift themselves back up and assure them they don't need men.

Belly Lardson has stans?

I mean, I know Crumpet likes her, but I wasn't sure she had more than one person who enjoyed her music. I don't see Rihanna or Britney or Adele on the list, so no, you won't be accepted by me, at least.
Kelly has lost weight recently, and she is looking hot now. She only had one era where she gained weight, but even then she wasn't ugly. I like Rihanna, but I don't have her albums. I mostly like listening to her on radio. I have both Baby One More Time and Circus, so I like Britney. I also think her Femme Fatale singles were flawless. Adele... eh, no comment.

I had your back up until here, provide receipts for this claim please not one track is good
This ain't good. I haven't been in here long, and I'm already making enemies.

Cuckoo, Never Close Our Eyes, Kickin In, Pop That Lock, Broken English, Chokehold, Runnin', and Nirvana are great tracks, IMO.

Cuckoo, Never Close Our Eyes, Kickin In, Pop That Lock, Broken English, Chokehold, Runnin', and Nirvana are great tracks, IMO.

Leave your dignity at the door my friend, there is no such thing as "IMO" ITT. Just a lot of blanket statements and fat jokes. The occasional enlightening post about new music will also rear its head, like a unicorn in a Medieval tapestry.

botty

Banned

You haven't made enemies yet. That only happens when you shade someone... so who do you dislike? ;)

SaintZ

So, hi Pop GAF! *waves* Until last night, I didn't even know this thread existed. I thought I would come and post here since I like pop music. Maybe I could even add some new faves to my catalog due to this thread, who knows. Anyways, I should tell ya'll about my musical taste I guess. My ultimate fave is Kelly Clarkson, no one can compare in my eyes, no one. Lady GaGa would be my second fave, because like Kelly, she is flawless. Others I dig are Ke$ha, Florence + The Machine, and Adam Lambert. I have others I like to listen to as well, but I don't want to bore ya'll with a list. So, my question, will I be accepted here?
KSg9M.gif

OMG, Gerl! Glad you decided you check the thread. But be careful, hun. This thread is like walking on a minefield :p

Bladenic

Thanks for the warm (and not so warm) welcome ya'll! :)

tumblr_m70ki00b4i1qcpbfy.gif

Trespassing is a great album, and I will stand by that for as long as I live.

Don't worry. I still welcome you. Besides Lambert all your other faves are good and Kelly is one of my faves too.

And can we ban Demo HewDatTho from this thread? An ugly talentless extreme flop with some clear mental issues at only 19 does not deserve to even be mentioned among the bottom of the barrel faves, much less the talented faves. Get her out. I know Marius thinks X-Factor is gonna do something for her career but... IT WON'T. Idol didn't do much to J.Lo's music career and she was already well known and AI has higher ratings than X-Factor. So yeah, let her die quietly.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
And can we ban Demo HewDatTho from this thread? An ugly talentless extreme flop with some clear mental issues at only 19 does not deserve to even be mentioned among the bottom of the barrel faves, much less the talented faves. Get her out. I know Marius thinks X-Factor is gonna do something for her career but... IT WON'T. Idol didn't do much to J.Lo's music career and she was already well known and AI has higher ratings than X-Factor. So yeah, let her die quietly.

iJaq59XhX66u1.gif

Nemesis_

Oh good Lord from the heavens, when did you start stanning for The Mummy starring Every Gay Man (and probably woman) in the World?

I don't understand the weird NON SENSICAL shade.

I dont' STAN for Madonna per se as much as DONKEY PUNCH or PHONOMEZER do but I am not ignorant enough to not be able to recognise her ICONICITY and INFLUENCE that she has had on today's pop musicians.

Sure, she's not at her best right now, I agree, but we can't just FORGET everything else.

Don't worry. I still welcome you. Besides Lambert all your other faves are good and Kelly is one of my faves too.
OMG. :) Yeah, all of Kelly's albums are great to me. Stronger is such a fantastic album, and I seriously can't wait to hear what she is going to put out next.

LAST IN LINE, what do you think of XTINCTA/XSPINCTA/XLEAKA ?
Bionic mostly sucks sans 'You Lost Me', but Christina does have a great voice and she has released some amazing songs.

Hurt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCykGDEp7M

Flawless.

Welp, the honeymoon period is well and truly over.
Sad that it had to end so soon.

Bladenic

I dont' STAN for Madonna per se as much as DONKEY PUNCH or PHONOMEZER do but I am not ignorant enough to not be able to recognise her ICONICITY and INFLUENCE that she has had on today's pop musicians.

Sure, she's not at her best right now, I agree, but we can't just FORGET everything else.

I'm not forgetting anything, I don't like one single thing of hers. Except Ray of Light (the song). Hung Up is decent and 4 Minutes is in the so bad it's catchy category.

There are hundreds of actors, artists, etc. who do not deserve their success and elude me as to how they got so famous/popular. Madonna easily tops that list.

Edit: who's Yuna? I saw her somewhere else too. I immediately thought of FFX Yuna lol.

royalan

DAYUM. Tell us how you really feel.

But I agree. X-Factor is just delaying the inevitable. Demi Lovato is never gonna happen.

Bionic mostly sucks sans 'You Lost Me', but
Christina does have a great voice and she has released some amazing songs.

Hurt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwCykGDEp7M

Flawless.

Another flawless addition to Pop-GAF. Welcome. <3<3<3<3

royalan

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ib5dLF101rnfwpxo1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s4uvk8og1rr5ecjo1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsw5dkzZXx1qafhoco1_500.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt2xcur01p1qj25yfo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

If it's any consolation, she's definitely an improvement over Nicole Flopzinger, and I think the X-Factor stint will at the very least lead to another album that'll actually drop in the US.

Unlike, Nicole, who did an entire season of X-Factor and only managed this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LovHI.jpg

Bladenic

So moving on from this nasty Adam Lambert, Madonna, and Demo talk to talk about some other artists.

Anyone ever listened to She and Him? Listening to their first album, I'm liking it quite a bit surprisingly. I'm already a Zooey stan so this helps her out even more.

I've listended to Medulla for about 6 times now. And the only OK tracks are Vokuro and Who is it :')
The rest is just...terrible imo.

Vespertine eventually CLICKED and I absolutely love it now. But Medulla? Ehhhh bah.

On my 3rd Volta session. Definitely better than Medulla so far. Moblin can come at me. I will be ready.
iBtP1.gif
Eh, at least you picked some good songs to enjoy off of Medúlla. I maintain that I think it's nearly as good as Vespertine/Homogenic, it just takes some time to absorb, like a lot of her stuff. My problem with Volta is not that it's a bad album, but that it sounds like a stuffy, aimless mess most of the time. There are some great songs on there.

Kelly has lost weight recently, and she is looking hot now. She only had one era where she gained weight, but even then she wasn't ugly. I like Rihanna, but I don't have her albums. I mostly like listening to her on radio. I have both Baby One More Time and Circus, so I like Britney. I also think her Femme Fatale singles were flawless. Adele... eh, no comment.

:(

Bladenic

Kimbra-Two Way Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SH0pVVBmN0

So gorgeous...

But those scenes with her walking between the moving cars were just embarrassing.

Video is okay I guess. My favorite tracks from the album were Good Intent, Cameo Lover, Settle Down, and Warrior. Two Way Street is good but not anything special (though that kind of applies to her album on the whole).

I like She and Him! :) Always up for some throwback 60s/Motown-sounding groups.

"Ridin' In My Car" always puts a smile on my face.

And I love their cover of "You Really Gotta Hold On Me"

Yay :) yeah it's like the perfect sunny California alternative pop type music. So nice. And Zooey has such a sweet voice.

How's the second album compared to the first? Because I def. plan on getting the 2nd one too.

HiResDes

I'm not forgetting anything, I don't like one single thing of hers. Except Ray of Light (the song). Hung Up is decent and 4 Minutes is in the so bad it's catchy category.

There are hundreds of actors, artists, etc. who do not deserve their success and elude me as to how they got so famous/popular. Madonna easily tops that list.

Edit: who's Yuna? I saw her somewhere else too. I immediately thought of FFX Yuna lol.

0gd8u.gif

<3<3<3

blinking.jpg

If that is not STANNING I don't know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom