• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

That was a great album.

That it was, and I love Mariah
DON'T COME FOR ME MUMU

But facts are facts, and Memoirs made a louder FLOPPING noise than that sound you hear coming from your parents bedroom at night. Mariah is not in the position to be punching anybody.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Ummmm....so I guess we're pretending that this flop didn't happen:

SWkka.png

Sorry, DMJ, but Mariah and her stans have a lot more to worry about than who she's going to "punch out the game." Like staying afloat.

igfr8zeMh0BtU.gif

What kind of OUTWARDS POINTING BREASTS.

Artemisia

Banned
Esta Noche continues to slay my life

"I ENTICE, I SUPPLY WHAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND CAN'T PROVIDE"

UrbanMediaKings.comTwerk.gif

"THAT TIGHT GRIP TWAT I GOT THAT SLIP AND SLIDE"

UrbanMediaKings.comTwerk.gif

Oh my god, LOL.

And ya'll say Battleshipsus was bad.

I thought even Rih stans could admit that was a bad movie though.

Bladenic

Lol yeah people seem to forget that Memoirs was a bigger flop than GLITTER. E=MC^2 wasn't exactly much better. It matched Charmbracelet... so yay for that lol and it had a #1 so I guess it gets a semi-pass.

Also sorry for the Gaybert moniker, not trying to be offensive. I had something in my mind when I coined but we'll just forget it exists.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
A few pages back now, but DEAD @ mention of Slinkee Minx. I'll just snowball on top of that - Swoop, and possibly GF4. All viable options.

Mariah Carey's 'Fantasy' used to be my jam when I was younger. When the video would come on television, I would stop everything and have my eyes glued to the television.

LOL this #1 album tea is so freaking old, tired, expired, evaporated, ETC.

Gaybert's new PoS debuted with like what? 70k? If that. Nobody gives a damn about #1. It's sales. Go take your shit receipts elsewhere. Ugly Lambert will remain an incredibly dark and flop blemish on today's musical industry. Nobody wants him.

PREACH
qVRg2.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
Mariah up until 2005 gave me so much life.

Mariah after then has been hit or miss. This Darkchild/Mariah thing is about to punch the lessors out of the game tho.

I used to really like Paula Abdul as well. 'Opposites Attract' was my favorite song and video of hers. *sigh* I miss when you could watch a lot of music videos on television, and now you have to catch them all early in the morning. :/ At least there is YouTube now.

botty

Banned
I CAN'T CONTAIN ALL THESE FEELINGS I HAVE

iUY9k.gif

I know right. It's been a long year.

tumblr_lp0vaaVAI71qmotp8o1_500.gif

I used to really like Paula Abdul as well. 'Opposites Attract' was my favorite song and video of hers. *sigh* I miss when you could watch a lot of music videos on television, and now you have to catch them all early in the morning. :/ At least there is YouTube now.

How do you feel about the 80s?

Sai-kun

Banned
Also, an update from ♥MERNA+THEDERMONDS♥

2kZEd.png

what the fuck kind of shit tweeting is this? i know joke accounts and what not, but this literally isn't even funny.

p.s. this stupid dolan crap with all these popstars is...hardly even funny. it's just shitty typing with the occasional duck face. what's with all the dumb shops.

G-Fex

what the fuck kind of shit tweeting is this? i know joke accounts and what not, but this literally isn't even funny.

p.s. this stupid dolan crap with all these popstars is...hardly even funny. it's just shitty typing with the occasional duck face. what's with all the dumb shops.

I feel the same way

royalan

I agree....#STANDARDS

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

Nem is sick, leave ha alone

Aguila

#ICONIC
Ok, I want to mention some 2012 music that may have been overlooked (at least, since I've started reading) in this thread from not-so-big pop/electro/dance people.

There's Kerli's single, Zero Gravity.
tumblr_m70rgqa4hz1rn7u9yo3_500.gif

Also, Grimes who I just recently discovered; I can barely understand what she says but I like her in Oblivion and Nightmusic nonetheless.
tumblr_m1rkua380r1qa53f4o1_r1_500.gif

And Morgan Page: In the Air and Video

Finally, I would like to thank pop-gaf for introducing me to Icona Pop, Azealia Banks, and Marina and the Diamonds.
Oh! and currently I'm addicted to every song on Florence's Ceremonials album
tumblr_m4qv3zxkqP1r81pin.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
All the Marina stans need to calm the fuck down tbh.

;_;

sorry, it's just a really stupid thing for anyone to tweet, because it's literally not even funny. I wasn't trying to be mad at you or anything, just at the dumb twitter account.

I do think this dolan crap is dumb though

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Glambert kinda needs to worry keeping his own career out of flop territory...

Trespassing is GOOD (not great). Also his mini-tour with Queen seems to be getting generally positive reviews.

I do agree that he probably wouldn't make the best judge - singers are just too kind to other singers. They really need producers. Although it would be interesting to have have him and Mariah judge...you know...judges that can actually REALLY sing instead of these pop-stars who can't carry a tune.

G-Fex

sorry, it's just a really stupid thing for anyone to tweet, because it's literally not even funny. I wasn't trying to be mad at you or anything, just at the dumb twitter account.

I do think this dolan crap is dumb though

I can't believe it even got it's own thread here

Trigger

Dolan is shit and unfunny.

Trespassing is GOOD (not great). Also his mini-tour with Queen seems to be getting generally positive reviews.

I do agree that he probably wouldn't make the best judge - singers are just too kind to other singers. They really need producers. Although it would be interesting to have have him and Mariah judge...you know...judges that can actually REALLY sing instead of these pop-stars who can't carry a tune.

The angle with a Lambert judging panel decision would probably be more about having young exciting people and not old, faded stars no one cares about. I don't think talent matters if current judges are anything to go by.

Dolan is shit and unfunny.

The angle with a Lambert judging panel decision would probably be more about having young exciting people and not old, faded stars no one cares about. I don't think talent matters if current judges are anything to go by.

lol @ Vilebert being a young, exciting person that people care about

royalan

Not necessarily true that singers wouldn't be mean to other singers.

It's not really what area of the industry you hail from (singer, producer, promoter, etc.), it's picking people who are badass and confident enough to criticize - sometimes harshly - without fear of being seen as "the bitch."

IzUUS.gif

No matter who they choose, they'll get the same old thing if the people they choose care more about their image than giving an honest and/or straight-up critique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom