• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

170je.png

Aww poor haters. Guess they will just have to continue DEALING.

tumblr_m72jawnxrC1qc3ck9o1_500.gif

Mau ®

Much like his fave, ITZ doesn't understand the meaning of RIHtiring.

Hi sis. *.*

Hi Koo *.*

But I thought we all knew new music was coming this year? Wasn't it said she was working with some notable producers?

Last time she said it would be out in 2013. But lately she's been up in the studio a lot. I dunno.

I hope its 2013 tbh. There's already too many artists coming for that FALL 2012 slot.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
she is going to perform on iHeart thingy, unless they release another single from TTT you can guarantee is going to be the new lead single

Mau ®

You didnt say hi tbh.

m1G2q.gif

*.*

she is going to perform on iHeart thingy, unless they release another single from TTT you can guarantee is going to be the new lead single

Yeah I just thought of that. Though the iheart festival is just a part of scheduled festival gigs she's lined up. For all we know thats going to be it.

But I am aware there may be a new single by this time next month lol

I dont like how this thing is shaping up tbh. RedOne, Guetta and Neyo?
okIAQ.gif

I mean, there's also Labrynth involved, as well as Chase & Status, Calvin and Stargate but still... it could go either way. Im not here for another TTT mess.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
lol @ Vilebert being a young, exciting person that people care about

Search "Gaga" and "2008" and that was pretty much the gaf consensus as well. Not predicting anything like that but just sayin.

re:AI don't see him being the critical judge that show needs.

Koodo

Banned
Visions is my favorite album of the year so far. I don't understand what she's saying either, but the production work is so dreamy.

Symphonia IX reminds me of TETRISPHERE. *.*

Artemisia

Banned
Last time she said it would be out in 2013. But lately she's been up in the studio a lot. I dunno.

I hope its 2013 tbh. There's already too many artists coming for that FALL 2012 slot.

As much as I shade her, it's so baffling how she still doesn't have a number 1 album.

How does she keep getting blocked year after year? Ridiculous.

She sure does

nFfL9.png

That's her being polite. She just got through calling her Classy for the MDNA drug reference. Anyone who follows Cher regularly knows she's just being nice now. #uncouth

And yeah she's a genius for what she does best - playing the media. Well used to be anyway.M again you'll notice Cher is not being specific here either. :lol

Is this what people call "playing the media" now?

Let's be honest. She does twitter non-stop because she has nothing else happening in her life. I was gonna make fun of her last album but Wikipedia says her last studio album was released in 2001. Does anyone know the name? I didn't think so.

Of course she's on team Gaga, who else other than the Impostor has bestowed any insincere praise upon her in the last 10 years? #teamxtincta

Is this what people call "playing the media" now?

Let's be honest. She does twitter non-stop because she has nothing else happening in her life. I was gonna make fun of her last album but Wikipedia says her last studio album was released in 2001. Does anyone know the name? I didn't think so.

Of course she's on team Gaga, who else other than the Impostor has bestowed any insincere praise upon her in the last 10 years? #teamxtincta

Shading Cher is so beneath you. But she's too EPIC to require anyone's stanning so carry on embarrassing yourself.

Alright guys, I said I would do this before OT2, so I guess now is the time for me to leave.

Everyone knows how to find me outside of the thread if you want to keep in touch; I'm always around!

Please guys, stay curious.

#lastpost

h4m2l.gif

Show me the lies sis. It's no shade if it's true.

Nothing to do with lies. She's done it all. You think it's shameful to have "nothing else happening in her life" or no cd in recent years? She's already done what Madge has proven incapable of. Success in every decade without fail.

Girl retired for all intents and purposes after achieving everything, and you think you can call her out? Sorry. It only makes you look sad.

That you see that as some sort of failure speaks volumes on why POP GAF can't see the forest for the trees. No wonder people are jetting. It's all become so petty and soulless.

Coming at Cher...now I've seen it all.

Nothing to do with lies. She's done it all. You think it's shameful to have "nothing else happening in her life" or no cd in recent years? She's already done what Madge has proven incapable of. Success in every decade without fail.

Girl retired for all intents and purposes after achieving everything, and you think you can call her out? Sorry. It only makes you look sad.

That you see that as some sort of failure speaks volumes on why POP GAF can't see the forest for the trees. No wonder people are jetting. It's all become so petty and soulless.

Coming at Cher...now I've seen it all.

Where did I say "shameful"? You like to get awfully personal when it comes to STANNING. I didn't say anything that wasn't true.

Cher has been coming for Madonna since the 80s. This is nothing new. She was in the business then and sadly for her Madonna eclipsed anything she ever did in the industry. She can say whatever she will but let's not pretend she's some kind of authority. Much less over Madonna. She's only doing like many have done. Throwing pebbles from the lower tiers at someone that is well above her in stature.

So in my view, she is the ones that looks sad. And you look desperately pressed.

Where did I say "shameful"? You like to get awfully personal when it comes to STANNING. I didn't say anything that wasn't true.

Cher has been coming for Madonna since the 80s. This is nothing new. She was in the business then and sadly for her Madonna eclipsed anything she ever did in the industry. She can say whatever she will but let's not pretend she's some kind of authority. Much less over Madonna. She's only doing like many have done. Throw pebbles from the lower tiers at someone that is well above her in stature.

So in my view, she is the ones that looks sad. And you look desperately pressed.

You're the one the brought up her lack of cd and her lack of things in her life. I guess that was to show how awesome she is? You don't need to use the word shameful to imply it. Where's the personal? False claims to elevate yourself.

And then you just said Cher is lower tiers. See? This is why I said what I said. Someone honestly typed this bullshit. Holy shit. I don't think you know what pressed means. But that's what happens when you learn from a wiki.

No wonder POP GAF is in ruins. Lower tier indeed. Petty and soulless.

Mumei

You're the one the brought up her lack of cd and her lack of things in her life. I guess that was to show how awesome she is? You don't need to use the word shameful to imply it. Where's the personal? False claims to elevate yourself.

And then you just said Cher is lower tiers. See? This is why I said what I said. Someone honestly typed this bullshit. Holy shit. I don't think you know what pressed means. But that's what happens when you learn from a wiki.

No wonder POP GAF is in ruins. Lower tier indeed. Petty and soulless.

krypt? This is not that serious.

And he said not say Cher is "lower tiers" in some absolute sense; he was saying she was lower tier relative to Madonna. Which she is.

You got personal by making a blanket statement over the quality of posts on the thread. A thread where 90% of the posts are tongue in cheek and not to be taken seriously.

Your argument seems to be that some artists (the ones you happen to endorse and personally enjoy) are beyond reproach where as others (the ones you happen to dislike, no longer enjoy) can be chastised and criticized as you see fit.

You have done both for different artists. So why is it that when other people do it to your "faves" you say it's "sad" and "bullshit" and when you do it is ok. That is getting personal.

I don't see how you can say this or that is "bullshit" when the subject at hand is purely subjective in appreciation ie. you personal enjoyment of a pop artist.

Kyon

Banned
I don't wanna get into it but to be fair Krypto you drag Madonna who is the Queen of Pop, just as disrespectful to shade her, she's influenced pop music more than cher has though Cher has done her fair share too and she's a legend also.... Idek what the fight is about lol ignore me

EDIT: Basically what Mumu and Rocket said before this post

Nemesis_

LAWD

Madonna is being sued for a sample of music used in her 1990 hit 'Vogue'.

Record company VMG Salsoul have accused the 53-year-old singer of using horns and strings from Salsoul Orchestra's 1977 hit 'Chicago Bus Stop (Ooh, I Love It)' and never paying for them, and in a lawsuit have alleged she has illegally profited from the instrumentals.

According to TMZ.com, the company claims it has had to wait so long to take the issue to court because the sample is not obvious and was only isolated thanks to new technology.

VMG Salsoul is suing for copyright infringement and is demanding unspecified damages.

The company stated: ''The unauthorized sampling was deliberately hidden by [Madonna] within 'Vogue' so as to avoid detection. It was only when VMG specifically looked for the sample, with the technology available to it in 2011, that the sampling could be confirmed.''

The suit also mentions Richard 'Shep' Pettibone, who was hired to work on the original hit and 'Vogue', with the company claiming he intentionally disguised the sample.

It is not unknown for Madonna to sample songs in her music, most famously with her hit 'Hung Up', which used the hook from 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' by ABBA.

She is currently on a world tour promoting her 'MDNA' album.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/310265-madonna-sued-over-vogue-sample/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So when I made my list I was kinda just going off a-typical mainstream pop rather than the legitimately wide spectrum of what could be considered 'pop music'. So here's my 'list' of favourites, ranked in no particular order.

- Lada Gaga
- Bjork
- Tori Amos
- Michael Jackson
- Florence and the Machine
- Whitney Houston
- Sarah Blasko

That will do for now.

Nemesis_

I am here for Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, Flo and .....Sarah Blasko?

mcvlS.gif

Not one I would have expected to hear! Not sure how big Blasko will be here though Eat, I am fairly certain she has been unable to find international success. The Overture & the Underscore and What the Sea Wants, the Sea Will Have are both great albums though, they really helped me through my studies. ;_; Her voice just helps me concentrate for some reason.

Perhaps it's time to EDUCATE the LESSORS.

tumblr_lo93k5PHqM1qhaleao1_500.gif

Nice to see another Gaga fan, tbh. Not enough people stanning for the QUEN.

DykHf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom