• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can try

but you will fail.

qfjgO.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
You've probably heard the original at some point. It was licensed to basically every company on earth for use in commercials and film trailers.

Robyn's is better, though. And her version comes up on top when you search for it on YouTube.
Yeah, I just listened to it. I prefer Robyn's version.

That marianas trench picture was fucking perfection. And I knew what was coming at the bottom.

Mau ®

PS inthezone I wouldn't mind your workout routine and shirtless pics finding their way into my PM inbox just for the record xoxoxoxo

godelsmetric said:
i'd totally creep on inthezone too but i haven't been drinking

You fellas think I'm gonna be that easy after you've been blatantly shading Rihanna AND Britney. You have some nerve!

tumblr_lxn9dxUk1m1r6wo3zo1_500.gif

Admit the amazingness of We Found Love and some files may appear on yer inboxes

Mau ®

Where is Rihanus among the highest selling digital singles?

#oops

Poor Rihanus wasn't even the biggest hitmaker in 2011. And 2012? Well... Where Have The Hits Been?

Awww cute Koodoo. But We Found Love was the longest running #1 of the year. And she also has 11 #1's. All your faves combined can't do it. You did try though. But trying isnt enough.

621.gif

And about WHYB... it's been getting 1M updates without being sent to radio or any promo. Be prepared to stay at home and avoid the world. Cuz Rihanna is about to take over your miserable summer.

i think the reason i like gaga now more than madonna now is that gaga genuinely seems like she's having a lot of fun as a popstar and madonna seems like she's doing it because it's not as though she's got anything else to do (please don't direct any more films madonna)

Gaga is still hungry for it and cares like fyar.

Madonna believes her press and is trying to play current hit catch up, and has last year's music strained through a shit filter. She hasn't been hungry since her brain cracked and she forgot she was from Michigan, and put on her Brit royalty airs.

She stopped caring.

You fellas think I'm gonna be that easy after you've been blatantly shading Rihanna AND Britney. You have some nerve!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxn9dxUk1m1r6wo3zo1_500.gif

Admit the amazingness of We Found Love and some files may appear on yer inboxes

One massive, GIF-filled Rih stan post?

I can manage that.

As long as you keep your end of the bargain.

iAZAc09oyQWQE.gif

wasn't kidding about the workout routine, though, I'm truly interested

well, ok, and these "files"

Koodo

Banned
Awww cute Koodoo. But We Found Love was the longest running #1 of the year. And she also has 11 #1's. All your faves combined can't do it. You did try though. But trying isnt enough.
That's cute, but what do those chart positions mean if she can't even lodge a spot in the highest selling digital singles? Let's not discuss album or ticket sales, obviously.

And excluding the failure judging The Voice, I'm not sure anyone else has tried as much as Rihanus for so... little.

pdyvl.gif

And about WHYB... it's been getting 1M updates without being sent to radio or any promo. Be prepared to stay at home and avoid the world. Cuz Rihanna is about to take over your miserable summer.
Much like You Da One, and what happened there?

#oop

Better watch out for Carly Rae Jepsen dear.

Madonna believes her press and is trying to play current hit catch up

And Caca doesn't?

A bit of it does sound quite a lot like ‘Express Yourself’, though, doesn’t it?

“I don’t think… I swear to you. I am not stupid enough to put out a record and be that moronic.”

The reference seemed so obvious that it had to be intentional because, as you say, you’re not stupid…

“No. Listen to me. Why the fuck…? I’m a songwriter. I’ve written loads of music. Why would I try to put out a song and think I’m getting one over on everybody? That’s retarded. What a completely ridiculous thing to even question me about. I will look you in your eyes and tell you that I am not dumb enough or moronic enough to think that you are dumb enough or moronic enough not to see that I would have stolen a melody. If you put the songs next to each other, side by side, the only similarities are the chord progression. It’s the same one that’s been in disco music for the last 50 years. Just because I’m the first fucking artist in 25 years to think of putting it on Top 40 radio, it doesn’t mean I’m a plagiarist, it means that I’m fucking smart. Sorry.”

The criticism did seem to take the wind out of the song’s sails.

“There’s a lot of people who want to see me fail. The minute they see something to shoot at, they shoot, and the bigger I become the bigger target I am. Nobody in this room at any point looked around and said ‘Oh my God, it’s ‘Express Yourself’. ‘ Not once. Listen. I swear to you. I can only be honest with you about it.”

What will people say about ‘Judas’?

“I dunno… I think they will really love it. (Starting to well up) I just don’t want my fans… I don’t know. This is exhausting. I just don’t wanna perpetuate that shit. I’m sure you want to address it but it’s just so ridiculous. I was just fucking shellshocked by it. It’s so funny to hear you say, ‘It must have been a homage’, I’m like, NO. When I homage, I fucking homage with a big sign saying I’ve done it. Why would I not do that now? (Sighs) I just like… I just have to say… (Starts crying) I feel like honestly that God sent me those lyrics and that melody. When you feel a message to give to the world and people are shooting arrows at it… there’s no way for something that pure to be wrong. (Reaches for Marilyn Monroe lighter) I need a cigarette.”

Where are your receipts?

ibvLQO4VdGniCY.gif

I noticed you couldn't say Madonna cares.

It patently obvious even the few stans of her current shlock at least have one foot in reality.

Right now Gaga can believe her press as she's still making relevant music. Madge seems like she has a team of people with horrible taste leading her down the charts. ;)

Kyon

Banned
ITZ sis i want some shirtless pics in my inbox tbh Rih and Brit are my faves so naturally and by default i deserve it more
ibbAuJx0CfBem7.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
That's a huge forehead.

And I'll agree - that was a pretty shit explanation of why I found the image funny, wasn't it? :p

And re; Madonna not caring - like most artists, once she pushed out a few kids she stopped giving a fuck.

Right now Gaga can believe her press as she's still making relevant music. Madge seems like she has a team of people with horrible taste leading her down the charts. ;)

Yes, artist at her peak releases "Marry The Night" at the peak of her success, misses the top20 in her largest market.

Doesn't scream RELEVANT to me. At least Rihanus charts where it matters.

Caca stans still living in 2009, as if Bad Romance were released yesterday.

I think the incredibly underperforming Born This Way is indication enough that interest is already on the DECLINE.

I want in on this shirtless deal. I won't shade Rihanna for a week in exchange.

Bullshit

Dis elementary sense of humor....

vAn4T.png

/judging you so hard.

HOLY SHIT

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Obviously.
nXjWp.gif

Mad-onna has become a questionable gay icon after she endorsed Perra's Ur So Gay. How incredibly repulsive.

Dont get me started on Perra
Ur So Gay
It's not what good girls do, not how they should behave

but now she all "I love the gays, firework" buy my albums. FILTH

Yes, artist at her peak releases "Marry The Night" at the peak of her success, misses the top20 in her largest market.

Doesn't scream RELEVANT to me. At least Rihanus charts where it matters.

Caca stans still living in 2009, as if Bad Romance were released yesterday.

I think the incredibly underperforming Born This Way is indication enough that interest is already on the DECLINE.

Charts mean shit to me. Her music is what matters and BTW has affected lives in a meaningful way. Please don't try to deny that.

MDNA is pointless, self-aggrandizing pap, that means nothing to anyone.

So talk up tour sales, and past glories all you want. Madonna has forsaken the people who loved her most.

Deal with that.

And re; Madonna not caring - like most artists, once she pushed out a few kids she stopped giving a fuck.

True. The Holy Spearit being the only exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom