• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
I think the incredibly underperforming Born This Way is indication enough that interest is already on the DECLINE.
Why is her tour ATTENDANCE not DECLINING then?

Might want to contact your local Economics department because your prayers are showing DIMINISHING RETURNS.

Is that a challenge?

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

It's easier to talk about Madonna's past (ie last month) glories than Caca's recent ones.

Talk about what you like. But the more you pretend that Madonna matters and Gaga doesn't the closer you get to Cynosure madness.

Madonna has unfortunately gone the nostalgia act route of the Rolling Stones. I'm not sure she's coming back to us.

Is that a challenge?

itk33YoF6ZyxI.gif

ibaoCRZSkbuHpx.gif

Indeed.

Guess I'll be stanning HARD for QUEEN RIHANNA this week.

tumblr_m2i09rt72z1ro1dyeo1_500.gif

Talk about what you like. But the more you pretend that Madonna matters and Gaga doesn't the closer you get to Cynosure madness.

Madonna has unfortunately gone the nostalgia act route of the Rolling Stones. I'm not sure she's coming back to us.

Keep up the bizarre conspiracy theories dear, they're entertaining at the very least.

iLhk9mKVQUy8x.gif

Charts mean shit to me. Her music is what matters and BTW has affected lives in a meaningful way. Please don't try to deny that.

MDNA is pointless, self-aggrandizing pap, that means nothing to anyone.

So talk up tour sales, and past glories all you want. Madonna has forsaken the people who loved her most.

Deal with that.

I may be the odd gay guy but I never took to an artist because he/she/it made me feel like I belonged, gave me a sense of self-worth and used my demographic to further their career. I can do all that on my own like many before me and after. I was just there for their music. Everything else is just gravy really.

Mumei

I may be the odd gay guy but I never took to an artist because he/she/it made me feel like I belonged, gave me a sense of self-worth and used my demographic to further their career. I was just there for their music. Everything else is just gravy really.

I agree.

I would drop an artist if they started acting like a bigot, and I'd probably have some respect for an artist whose music I don't like but who seems like a decent enough person. But I don't take to an artist unless I like their music.

I may be the odd gay guy but I never took to an artist because he/she/it made me feel like I belonged, gave me a sense of self-worth and used my demographic to further their career. I can do all that on my own like many before me and after. I was just there for their music. Everything else is just gravy really.

And more power to you. But there are plenty of gay kids and adults that are getting real meaning and empowerment from this. I talk to them all the time being in the Orlando Gay Chorus and hearing them tell me (we're doing some of her music).

Some cynics believe that Gaga is just exploiting an audience. And I say even if she is (she's not) the end effect is real and palpable. She is changing hearts and minds.

That's what art is.

Madonna had a period of that as well with Express Yourself and the Erotica sex is good era. With HIV rampant and sex being demonized, someone needed to step up and provide a counterpoint. And she cared and she did.

That's what art is.

I didn't want to SAY but something IRKS me about drippy homosexuals that need constant affirmations by some distant woman that THEY'RE PAYING.

Madonna included, although I have moments of INSPIRATION by some of them, I wouldn't cling to their ideals like a security blanket.

You know what else changes lives? CANCER.

I didn't want to SAY but something IRKS me about drippy homosexuals that need constant affirmations by some distant woman that THEY'RE PAYING.

Madonna included, although I have moments of INSPIRATION by some of them, I wouldn't cling to their ideals like a security blanket.

You know what else changes lives? CANCER.

This attitude doesn't surprise me at all. Discounting real people and real feelings.

Sorry to inject realness into PopGAF superficiality.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
And more power to you. But there are plenty of gay kids and adults that are getting real meaning and empowerment from this. I talk to them all the time being in the Orlando Gay Chorus and hearing them tell me.

Some cynics believe that Gaga is just exploiting an audience. And I say even if she is (she's not) the end effect is real and palpable. She is changing hearts and minds.

That's what art is.

This, Born This Way has change so many lives
and Gaga will continue to do so, there is no denying that

Right track baby, I was born this way

iz0HuOr8KUffF.gif

Kyon

Banned
You know what we should do? Stan for people we normally drag for like a week lolz people do it on twitter alot, its fun. That would be interesting

And more power to you. But there are plenty of gay kids and adults that are getting real meaning and empowerment from this. I talk to them all the time being in the Orlando Gay Chorus and hearing them tell me (we're doing some of her music).

That's what art is.

Madonna had a period of that as well with Express Yourself and the Erotica sex is good era. With HIV rampant and sex being demonized, someone needed to step up and provide a counterpoint. And she cared and she did.

That's what art is.

I must see video of you performing :eek:

royalan

That's what art is.

To be fair, Christina Aguilera did it first, with the Beautiful song and video. Minor shout out to her stand against slut-shaming with "Can't Hold Us Down". Both, in my opinion, much better songs lyrically than "Born This Way" and imparted a message without conking me over the head and yelling "I'M A RICH GIRL FROM YONKERS PREACHING TO YOU ABOUT HOW TO LIVE YOUR LIFE!!"

And they're all just sucking on Janet Jackson's supple Rhythm Nation titties.

5H8xa.gif

Looking into her eyes is like piercing straight into a well of TALENT and GRACE.

Are we worthy of such a MAGNIFICENT ANGEL? My ears think not!

wrhyX.jpg

I wonder if Alexandros of Antioch knew that such a DIVINE INSPIRATION would be walking the Earth in flesh and blood and we painstakingly sculpted the Venus de Milo?

I wonder if Mozart had foresight that MODERN MUSIC would reach its ZENITH with We Found Love as he was composing his REQUIEM?

tumblr_m22e9kjUpr1rqtsm6o1_500.gif

We're lucky. We know.

Koodo

Banned
PRAISE HER BARBADIAN LIGHT!

People say good things come from small, insignificant places, and how! Her Rihyal Highness The Bajan Queen has shown us what it means to FIND LOVE.

Talk That Testament 1:1 states:

Where Have You Been, my loyal servants? Rejoice under the Symphonies of the Caribbean and you, too, may Cheer (Drinks To That)

The Immaculate Joy that only SHE can deliver is spellbinding and powerful enough to send mere mortals into a temporary state of AMNESIA. What IS my name? I have no clue, but the answer lies within HER LIGHT.

We can ONLY PRAY, and PRAY for HER LOVE, HER FORGIVENESS. PRAY for the UNMITIGATED WARMTH and CARESS that comes out of HER VERY GENEROUS BOSOM.

Peace, my friends, Peace. That is all HER RIHTEOUSNESS asks for!

tumblr_m2jutd1zC21qiet8go2_250.jpg

Bleß

royalan

PRAISE HER BARBADIAN LIGHT!

People say good things come from small, insignificant places, and how! Her Rihyal Highness The Bajan Queen has shown us what it means to FIND LOVE.

Talk That Testament 1:1 states:

Where Have You Been, my loyal servants? Rejoice under the Symphonies of the Caribbean and you, too, may Cheer (Drinks To That)

The Immaculate Joy that only SHE can deliver is spellbinding and powerful enough to send mere mortals into a temporary state of AMNESIA. What IS my name? I have no clue, but the answer lies within HER LIGHT.

We can ONLY PRAY, and PRAY for HER LOVE, HER FORGIVENESS. PRAY for the UNMITIGATED WARMTH and CARESS that comes out of HER VERY GENEROUS BOSOM.

Peace, my friends, Peace. That is all HER RIHTEOUSNESS asks for!

tumblr_m2jutd1zC21qiet8go2_250.jpg

Bleß

DAMN...
How big IS it!?

lol

Did he even say the deal was on? Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here.

Besides, all y'all be jumping on the bandwagon. I was the originator of the "sell your taste for pics of hot guys" trend.

uh1V5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom