• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

iGaiPgKRRfrPc.gif

I cant bring myself to shade Gaga

Why would you sis? I was shading 1D

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
It's not the twink part that bothers me (I am one!); it's the boy-ish immaturity.

yeah, thats why I dont look at their interviews or stuff, I just look at some of their pictures and jam to What Makes You Beautiful

some artist I would rather not know how they act like Lana Del Ray
I dont know how she acts so I would rather remain ignorant and just listen to the music

Nemesis_

yeah, thats why I dont look at their interviews or stuff, I just look at some of their pictures and jam to What Makes You Beautiful

some artist I would rather not know how they act like Lana Del Ray
I dont know how she acts so I would rather remain ignorant and just listen to the music

It annoys me that she's obviously told to act MYSTERIOUS and MOODY.

I was surprised to hear her speak the first time I did

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Why would you sis? I was shading 1D

they stan for our fave

One Direction: "Lady Gaga Inspires Us"
One Direction say Lady Gaga has inspired them to work even harder to earn chart success, after both acts performed on The X Factor results show last night (14th November).

The former X Factor stars returned to the show on Sunday for a performance of their new single 'Gotta Be You', and admit that singing on the same stage as Gaga was an important moment for the band.

"We are stepping it up for Lady Gaga as she always puts in an incredible performance," Harry Styles told The Star. "That's the level you have to be at.

"Especially going back to X Factor we felt we had to show everyone what we could do a year on."

The boys said they were hoping to talk with the 'Born This Way' singer after the show after working with Gaga's producer RedOne on their debut album.

"RedOne will be a talking point," Harry explained. "He's told us what she's like to work with, how professional and hard working she is."

Harry added: "And more importantly, that she's a really nice girl."

the admiration
ibq99hIp27rzcw.gif

It annoys me that she's obviously told to act MYSTERIOUS and MOODY.

I was surprised to hear her speak the first time I did

lalalalala, I cant hear you
tumblr_lz7ev7UbLS1qkmlgao3_250.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
All due respect if they did say that, but those 'quotes' come off like being written by a PR department :p

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I would think you'd prefer to hear his comments rather than her live vocals.

I havent even youtube her SNL performance because I really enjoyed her album and dont want anything to ruin in it and all I hear is that she seems fake, so I would rather tune it out
tumblr_m1v5k0OPGU1rt1sw0o2_250.gif

these gifs are giving me life though

Mumei

I havent even youtube her SNL performance because I really enjoyed her album and dont want anything to ruin in it and all I hear is that she seems fake, so I would rather tune it out
tumblr_m1v5k0OPGU1rt1sw0o2_250.gif

these gifs are giving me life though

I've only heard her sing (badly) live, but I saw this in my subscriptions feed on Youtube with some positive comments.

Edit: That performance Crumpet just linked to is the one I was speaking of.

Mumei

She markets herself to the pop fans, and they will never understand her vocals. Its raw, and emotional. She has a Dusty, Nancy and Amy voice with all the pain and jazz in her voice. She is amazing but the pop mainstream world will never understand the beautiful that is Lana Del Rey.
the727cuban 12 hours ago

............................................................................................

I despise LDR fans now. This is a Dusty voice, not that dreck.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
You fellas think I'm gonna be that easy after you've been blatantly shading Rihanna AND Britney. You have some nerve!

tumblr_lxn9dxUk1m1r6wo3zo1_500.gif

Admit the amazingness of We Found Love and some files may appear on yer inboxes

babe, you mad? i love godney.

we found love is completely amaze

too shameless? i don't care

[edit]oh, just read the last page. Looks like my shame is still intact.

So Rih.

Yes, Moblin?​

You've been quite the talk of the town lately, haven't you?

I suppose, though not always for the best reasons.​

Can I make a request?

Fine, but I'm warning you: I don't have time for haters.​

Alright, alright, I just want to tell your story.

Sure!​

i1dYF8izRveqn.gif

Let's begin!

i0vKVLBMbLgzX.gif

You're movin' much to fast
Baby love doesn't grow in a day
Just get it right the first time
Make this feeling last

In 2005, the great and holy Rihsus descended from the Barbadian clouds on which angels reside and delivered unto the lessors the flaw-free Music of the Sun, a celebration of her heavenly homeland, filled with Caribbean beats and flawless dancehall melodies. The megasmash Pon de Replay quickly ascended to the heights of pop music, sending up a warning flare to your faves.

ibeAcIGhShzM7Z.gif

It's funny how things could change
But still remain the same
Isn't life just a crazy game
Baby here I go again​

It wasn't long before the lessors were on their heels, reeling from the massive success of A Girl Like Me, an album free from any flaw whatsoever. It wasn't long before the flawlessness spawned the global smash SOS, which proceeded to slay your faves left and right until it was at the top of the game, where it stayed.

'Cause a girl like me
Is just a lil' different from all the rest
And a girl likes me
Never gonna settle for Second Best​

itS7LFx26JiNY.gif
^^NOTE THE LACK OF FLAWS^^​

I'm not like any other girl you know
So let me erase your fears​

But Queen Robyn Rihanna Fenty was not yet satisfied with global multiplatinum success. She was out for global domination, and Good Girl Gone Bad was about to drop. Featuring songs that had literally no flaws - none at all - Rihsus continued her reign and didn't stop until she had slayed your faves yet again with a series of global smashes, including the flawless pop anthem for all time Umbrella, which was recognized for its Greatness and earned Rih her first of several Grammys.

When the war has took it's part
When the world has dealt it's cards
If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart

Could your faves?

inJ7joJbYBDCC.gif

Spoiler alert:
No.

Your eyes steady talking
And your tryna fight it
But some things baby are not worth hiding
And we can find heaven,
If we go look together

With a career as effortless and brilliant as Rih's, you'd think she would be comfortable taking some time off from her flawlessness. But the Bajan Queen set out to prove the haters wrong, releasing the criminally underrated pop classic Rated R. Your faves wish they could have created such a masterpiece. Instead, they're busy fighting over the crumbs of Queen Rih's success. Let it be known that decades from now, the brilliant milestone Rated R will be properly recognized for its greatness. Until then, haters are left pressed as Rihsus continued her Platinum Reign.

ibxl8AZTkadQJb.gif

The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova
The wait is ova

smh @ you thinking your faves could handle what was coming next. If there was any doubt as to Rih's place in the history of music, Loud succeeded in silencing the haters. Hit after hit after hit, your ears could not handle the pop majesty that Loud would become. Filled with flaw-free dance mega-anthems like S&M and Only Girl (In the World), the lessors remained pressed as Rih once again took control over music, slaying dance clubs and radio stations worldwide. Your wallet wishes it had the money you dropped on her megahits, and your legs regret the countless hours you spent dancing to Her Majesty's holy choruses.

iq6mDoM6pitLC.gif

And every minute you start switching up
And you say things like, ' You don't give a fuck!'
Then I say, 'I'm through with you.' Take my heart from you.
And you come running after me, and, baby, I'm back with you.

Seriously, COULD YOUR FAVES?

iODes4oYWQ1rh.gif

Hit after hit, there isn't enough Platinum in the world to craft trophy records for her mantle. Lessors can cry while Rihsus continues her reign unabated.

ib19fzvBn727UL.gif

I'm blowing you away

Finally, in late 2011 She decided that our ears were finally ready for the aesthetic powerhouse that is Talk That Talk. Just as the lessors were hoping to catch their breaths, Queen Rih delivered a stirring string of even more hits, including the genius We Found Love, megasmash of 2011 and eternal hit of mankind. If the world ends and there is life beyond this planet, we can take comfort in knowing that We Found Love is an interstellar smash.

Your faves WISH they had a discography as successful and magnificent as Rih's. But as she's shown time and time again, her #reign will not let up. Watch as she continues to kick the lessors down several notches.

ik6yQk6NfJoIs.gif

It's your turn now, it's your turn now
It's your turn now, it's your turn now
Watch n' learn now, watch n' learn how
Watch n' learn now, eh eh eh eh

THIS IS THE MUSIC WE DREAM ABOUT

YOUR FAVES HAVE BEEN THOROUGHLY SLAIN

ib1b005jHJ2ru9.gif

Farewell, somebody's gonna miss you
Farewell, somebody's gonna wish that
You were here, that somebody's me

LOL and you thought your faves stood a chance, Rihsus has no time for you

ibfKNeaBrwmPIE.gif

And yet at the end of the day

despite everything she's been through

haters left and right

etc

she slays you with a smile

iGnu455gcvVlh.gif

i2i75omfFFBXj.gif

Delio

You'll be pleased to know that I actually watched that first video you linked to. You'll be less happy to know that I wasn't particularly entertained by their child-like antics. I can't take them seriously as adults because they exactly like ten year old boys.

You know It doesn't bother me at all. Some people embrace their old age rather early it seems. I'm sure the tidal wave of youth will sweep you away with the old bags of pop.

tumblr_m28iiyUjNz1r3zat8.gif

Agreed.

I'll never understand the sexual appeal of people who purposely act like infants.

And there goes the entire K-Pop industry...

I seem to recall some of your favs having a cute phase. Maybe that's way to long ago?

I recall reading that. Why would you remind me of it? =(

It's not the twink part that bothers me (I am one!); it's the boy-ish immaturity.

It's okay. You can sit in your rocking chair and listen to oldies.
tumblr_m2im84vyIq1rt8djuo1_250.gif

Mau ®

THE BAJAN QUEEN PERFORMED AT COACHELLA HER SMASH HIT "WE FOUND LOVE" AND THE FUTURE SUMMER HIT "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN"

normal_008.jpg

Katy Perry was present at the glorious event. Watch as she gazes at her superior:

normal_007.jpg

normal_0011.jpg

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the thing about we found love is that it shouldn't work because it's so repetitive but it does work because ??? (magic)

it's like bounce in that regard
only not as good

Mumei

You fellas think I'm gonna be that easy after you've been blatantly shading Rihanna AND Britney. You have some nerve!

Admit the amazingness of We Found Love and some files may appear on yer inboxes

Oh, inthezone. I haven't shaded Britney at all.

im4R51KwhncS9.jpg

Rihanna, on the other hand...

You know It doesn't bother me at all. Some people embrace their old age rather early it seems. I'm sure the tidal wave of youth will sweep you away with the old bags of pop.

It's okay. You can sit in your rocking chair and listen to oldies.

How old are you, anyway?

I do like recent music. I just prefer the talented over the talent-less - which naturally precludes the flash-in-the-pan children you're stanning for - and there aren't any popular singers around today that have the same combination of natural gifts / talent and ability that my faves do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom