• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

twilo99

Gold Member

Y'all think this needs a thread of its own ?

The first proper YT video of a full opening of the Constellation edition and all that it has inside.

If you are into collecting plastic, they've gone above & beyond for you!

I kinda of get it tho

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Sometimes I feel horrible about this but I've thought about my cancer coming back and Todd laying his hands on me & making it all better 😃❤️
5gjwmz.png

Hugare

This is probably going to be Fallout in space, and that would be better than most games on the market.

People truly believing in Todd's quotes have never played a Bethesda game before, 'cause the guy is know for lying over and over again. You guys are just setting yourself for disappointment.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This is probably going to be Fallout in space, and that would be better than most games on the market.

People truly believing in Todd's quotes have never played a Bethesda game before, 'cause the guy is know for lying over and over again. You guys are just setting yourself for disappointment.

They have been calling it Skyrim in space for years, and that's all many of us want.

Fess

87 meta prediction.
Yeah something like that.
Metascore: 84-93, I’ll go with 89

I expect those who like Bethesda RPGs and sci-fi and space and open world games in general to give it a 9, with some 8s and 10s for different reasons.

Then there are those who don’t really like Bethesda RPGs or space or even open world games in general, not the best choice of reviewer I guess but it happens and they will go lower, 7s.

It’ll be one of the noisiest game releases ever.

Fess

I’ll rather be excited with risk of disappointment than never let myself feel any excitement at all.

I’m 47, been gaming for over 40 years, I’m eternally grateful that I can still feel this much for upcoming games.

Not being excited at all at this point is like being a kid before Christmas thinking all the presents will be bad anyway so who cares.

Hugare

I’ll rather be excited with risk of disappointment than never let myself feel any excitement at all.

I’m 47, been gaming for over 40 years, I’m eternally grateful that I can still feel this much for upcoming games.

Not being excited at all at this point is like being a kid before Christmas thinking all the presents will be bad anyway so who cares.
That's fine when you are mature enough to deal with it

Unfortunately, most "gamers" aren't. Death threats, review bombing and law suits are common in gaming.

See the discourse about the whole planet landing thing already. And the game is not even out yet.

I'll be playing it day one, expecting Fallout in space and nothing more. If they surprise me, good.

But I dont believe one word Bethesda says

Great video to understand why (very entertaining too)

adamsapple

This shit is so funny. I'm really looking forward to ship customization.
giphy.gif

I hope they have the thing that a bunch of games do where you can export a code or something for your ship creations, so other people can import it as well.

See the discourse about the whole planet landing thing already. And the game is not even out yet.

It's an entirely silly discourse. No one walks 40 minutes in a straight line on a zone, a zone that is bigger than skyrim's map mind you.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

I hope they have the thing that a bunch of games do where you can export a code or something for your ship creations, so other people can import it as well.

It's an entirely silly discourse. No one walks 40 minutes in a straight line on a zone, a zone that is bigger than skyrim's map mind you.
Ya, I've walked, drove and flew some fairly far distances (on planets and space) a couple of times in Elite Dangerous and it is boring as hell and takes an insane amount of time. In Elite Dangerous, you can only drive so far before your land rover runs out of power and you have to call in your ship to come rescue you or take the hit and buy a new land rover. Even in a space ship, it would take hours and hours to travel around a planet in atmosphere. Going into orbit and back down to a new location on a planet is the only way to realistically travel in a game that respects the gamers time and keeps the game fun.

MMaRsu

That's fine when you are mature enough to deal with it

Unfortunately, most "gamers" aren't. Death threats, review bombing and law suits are common in gaming.

I'll be playing it day one, expecting Fallout in space and nothing more. If they surprise me, good.

But I dont believe one word Bethesda says

Great video to understand why (very entertaining too)

We've all watched that ancient video. However, its important to note Todd Howard did not direct Fallout 76, and his team did some work on it, but mostly were focussed on Starfield.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The entire skill tree has leaked and without going into any details... I think that skills look fantastic. This is the kind of leak I'm okay with. I will be studying it so I can plan my build in advance.

Montauk

Ya, I've walked, drove and flew some fairly far distances (on planets and space) a couple of times in Elite Dangerous and it is boring as hell and takes an insane amount of time. In Elite Dangerous, you can only drive so far before your land rover runs out of power and you have to call in your ship to come rescue you or take the hit and buy a new land rover. Even in a space ship, it would take hours and hours to travel around a planet in atmosphere. Going into orbit and back down to a new location on a planet is the only way to realistically travel in a game that respects the gamers time and keeps the game fun.

Fun? FUN?

What about immersion? Pfft.

Fess

I googled how long it would take to walk around the Earth, would apparently take 300+ days, if you walk non-stop.
Sounds like fun right? 😆

The concerns for this game gets weirder every day. I think people need to go play some other space RPGs to see what we’re actually used to. Like Mass Effect or The Outer Worlds.

adamsapple

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Speaking with several sources under the condition of anonymity who are currently under embargo and couldn't speak publically about the game, McVicker's comment is the same sentiment given by everyone I've spoken to. Five individuals, who have a varying amount of time put in the game have all said that the amount of bugs they've experienced can be counted on one hand. In fact, most said one or two at most, with everyone I spoke to having put dozens of hours into the game. In addition, it was also said that almost all the bugs that were found have already been listed to be fixed in the Starfield Day 1 patch

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
For me, that is August 31, 8 PM ET. Thursday is going to be one hell of a long day.
Yep, that's correct. It's a simultaneous global release, so it's 5pm PST(my time here on the west coast in the US), or 8pm EST. The Xbox GP PC app on PC has the exact countdown timer. In 2h20m we'll be exactly 4 days from launch.🚀
Starfield-Global-Release-Times-4K.jpg

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I recently watched the gameplay deep dive in 4K again. I know there's leaks with more specifics on the game, skills, etc., but there's still a lot to learn from watching the official vid. Every game, especially big games with a lot of hype, will have it's haters. However, their assertion that people are hyped based off some comments from Todd, or whatever, are wrong. Everything I needed to get hyped about the game was in the official vids. I can see it for myself.

This starts at the character creation segment. Skills will be a big deal, but traits have the potential for really unique and dynamic scenarios.

Top Bottom