• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Starfield is massive, and growing.

GymWolf

Gold Member
chair table GIF by South Park
Forbes articles are why aliens ignore our planet.

GymWolf

Gold Member
No VATS or equivalent system as far I can tell. I’m really going to miss it especially if I go for melee - the slow motion, the ragdolls, the sense of feedback, the heads exploding…

I understand they didn’t want to make it look like Fallout too much though.
Ragdoll and sense of feedback are not related to the vats system tho, at best you can say that the rallenty effect make you enjoy it more.

saintjules

Gold Member
Dfs Starfield impressions (timestamped)

Interesting that the jitter and what not that's been happening in Starfield's trailer was from the capturing only and not in the game itself.

Makes me wonder what other games suffered from the capturing in their trailers and if that is a potential deal-breaker for players when purchasing x game.

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:

Fess

Interesting that the jitter and what not Thays been happening in Starfield's trailer was from the capturing only and not in the game itself.

Makes me wonder what other games suffered from the capturing in their trailers and if that is a potentiwl dealbreaker for players when purchasing x game.
Where does the ”jitter” come from though? I’m thinking it’s from framerate fluctuations but when DF saw it they had VRR and that can’t be shown on video.

saintjules

Gold Member
Where does the ”jitter” come from though? I’m thinking it’s from framerate fluctuations but when DF saw it they had VRR and that can’t be shown on video.

Yeah not sure where and it doesn't seem DF talked about it specifically.

Could be hiccups in rendering the footage? But then it's either not checked by the dev or they found it to not be an issue for the viewer and didn't care - straight upload to youtube.

darrylgorn

SINGLE PLAYER BABY! Which means I won't need to worry about hardasses trashing or stealing my spaceship. > : U
Ah okay. I'd prefer to have splitscreen coop anyway but figured they weren't going to even try that either way.. The next few months should help clarify how interesting the world actually is and performance, etc.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ah okay. I'd prefer to have splitscreen coop anyway but figured they weren't going to even try that either way.. The next few months should help clarify how interesting the world actually is and performance, etc.
It's just like every Bethesda game. They have all been singleplayer RPGS.

Only exceptions are the MMOs I think. Oh and Wolfenstein Youngblood.

yurinka

In Amazon.com I see:
-Top 9: Gamepass Ultimate (1 month) in top 9
-Top 25: Gamepass Ultimate (3 months) in top 25
-Top 45: Starfield standard edition in top 45
-Top 65: premium edition update

I have no idea if these numbers are huge or small for top AAA games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Now be honest folks.

For those kings that will get to play early, would you pay another $20 to unlock it right now?
Futile question for most people i think :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I'm not sure if i'm gonna pay for the early access because i have to finish ac6 first.

When does the EA start? friday?

Last edited:
People are absolutely going to make a sport of shitting on this game, don't kid yourself.

Not saying it'll deserve it, but that's how it goes, the more hype = the more hate.

Games only get universal acclaim when they come out of nowhere and surprise people, if it's hyped at all it's going to get a backlash, especially as much hype as with this.

MMaRsu

I think its really stupid that streamers get to play this when the embargo unlocks, so before regular early access.

angry jason terry GIF

clarky

Gold Member
Sat here watching interstellar. Watched event horizon a week ago and on season 3 of the expanse...this game has done something to me.

I'm so hyped. More than any game this entire generation. It feels like such a journey and we are almost there!
Did interstellar and life last night. 2001 tonight.

As for the bolded I'm right with you, not been this excited for a game in a long while.

Raven117

People are absolutely going to make a sport of shitting on this game, don't kid yourself.

Not saying it'll deserve it, but that's how it goes, the more hype = the more hate.

Games only get universal acclaim when they come out of nowhere and surprise people, if it's hyped at all it's going to get a backlash, especially as much hype as with this.
Oh come on, dunking on Todd Howard specifically is absolutely a sport and it’s the best part of most Bethesda games (regardless of whether the game is great or not)

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
That's just not true. Baldur's gate 3 for example is the polar opposite of coming out of nowhere. Same for TOTK.

Last edited:

XXL

It's an exclusive game.

One group will treat it like the 2nd coming, other will act like it's trash, they will all infect any conversation surrounding it by normal people.

Montauk

High profile game that may be criticised is more likely to be criticised than low profile game.

Curious!

Why are you guys setting up narratives to justify getting upset later?

People are gonna criticise the game! I’m getting upset about it now, in anticipation for some reason!

CrustyBritches

Gold Member

I'm making a character that looks like me. Traits are optional, but I'm definitely doing all 3. I usually do the "paragon" or righteous/noble approach the first playthrough, but this time I'm starting off with the "renegade"/chotic rude asshole playthrough.
the dark knight joker GIF

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm making a character that looks like me. Traits are optional, but I'm definitely doing all 3. I usually do the "paragon" or righteous/noble approach the first playthrough, but this time I'm starting off with the "renegade"/chotic rude asshole playthrough.
the dark knight joker GIF

I'm gonna go with the adoring fan just for the lolz.

Top Bottom