• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

flyover

OgTheClever said:
You control the character who controls the horse, rather than controlling the horse directly maybe?
That's exactly it. You are, at all times, controlling Wander. It takes some getting used to, but that's one of the things I like about it.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
mattp said:
am i the only one who wishes they didn't write ico in all caps?
makes people think it's an acronym or for some reason seems to be part of the reason so many people pronounce it "eye co" instead of "eeco"

it's especially bad because usually you see ICO and SOTC, so of course ico looks like an acronym

yeah, i dont really know where i'm going with this, i guess i'm ocd about weird shit

I'm sure there are other OCDers who care about the capitalization of game titles.

People pronounce it "eye-co" because it's similar to the word "Icon." I can't immediately think of a word in English starting with "I" that makes an "ee" sound, though there may indeed be some. "Irresponsible" and "irrelevant" are close, I guess. Anyway, "ee-co" is a Japanese pronunciation and there's no reason to assume most English speakers will intuitively read it that way.

SykoTech said:
They kind of make it seem like there won't be too much brand new footage of TLG to go around. :/

Is the footage exclusive to the North American release (I think Euroland is getting it as free DLC)? I hope the Japanese CE gets the footage too.

SykoTech

Leshita said:
Is the footage exclusive to the North American release (I think Euroland is getting it as free DLC)? I hope the Japanese CE gets the footage too.

I wouldn't know. I don't think I've heard anything about it being NA exclusive though.

shawnlreed

Looks like Enterbrain in Japan is releasing a new guide book for Ico this week as well.
I'll post up some scans & impressions when it comes in.

6166963613_cd58b3f333.jpg

Man

Someone needs to gif the couple of seconds in the Making-of teaser showing the catbird trampling the bridge and the boy falling.

I broke when the Yesasia option came up. That was $130 too.

I figured that that's about £80, and I paid that much for both of them originally anyway, and this is a limited box, with a 100 page art book, and its the HD remasters. Also, I took this into account; They are two of my favourite games of all time, ever. That made it worth it :)

Someone at my work just paid £100 for the Gears 3 Epic edition which came with a bunch of stuff and a game that nobody will care about in two years when '4 is out. Ico/SotC will be played for years and years to come...

KennyLinder said:
NCSX.COM have their stock in tomorrow, new orders welcome at $129.99 + shipping.
t6FXc.jpg

AmiAmi was selling it for 5700 yen. I know the conversion rate isn't that bad.

NCSX stuffing their pockets on Johnny-come-latelies.

Kaiken said:
Ico vs SOTC poll?

Ico > SOTC

I will not hold the poll.

Loved and greatly appreciated both!
Pretty sure it'll be overwhelmingly Ico, but SotC is no slouch either.

Too bad polls aren't allowed here (on second thought, that's probably a good thing.)

Salaadin

I said in a another thread that ICO is the better game but SOTC has more replayability. Both are amazing in their own way.

Kaiken

Banned
Salaadin said:
I said in a another thread that ICO is the better game but SOTC has more replayability. Both are amazing in their own way.

+1 to that.

Not sure if this was mentioned but will Ico have the non-hieroglyphic subtitles (english) during the first playthrough?

Salaadin

Kaiken said:
+1 to that.

Not sure if this was mentioned but will Ico have the non-hieroglyphic subtitles (english) during the first playthrough?

I think I read that ICO HD is exactly like it was when released in Europe where everyone except Yorda is translated until you beat it.
Unlike NA where she was never translated, ever.

Kaiken

Banned
Salaadin said:
I think I read that ICO HD is exactly like it was when released in Europe where everyone except Yorda is translated until you beat it.
Unlike NA where she was never translated, ever.

Can't wait for the better understanding. Never went back to look it up either.

Also in the Euro/JP version couldn't you get a mace or a lightsaber or something? Will that be in this one too?

What about the
watermelon
ending?

StuBurns

Banned
One thing about the
watermelon
is the trophies suggest it's a new game + thing, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't originally.

krae_man

Those eat all the fruit and kill every lizard trophies are going to be the death of me. Those are going to take FOREVER.

krae_man said:
Those eat all the fruit and kill every lizard trophies are going to be the death of me. Those are going to take FOREVER.

I never got into the time attack modes, but I'm sure there are extra items that can help you locate them, which wouldn't make it so tedious.

panty

KennyLinder said:
NCSX.COM have their stock in tomorrow, new orders welcome at $129.99 + shipping.
$130 + shipping? Are you fucking kidding me :D

Holy shit, hopefully no one buys from them.

Danielsan

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Just got my game informer issue and this collection is GOTM. *Bow* indeed. Classics beating out new shit.
Like they should. I don't think anything from this gen comes close to these games.

augmental

Who ordered this from newegg? Hopefully it will actually go out on the 27th. I have never ordered from them before but they had it on sale for 29.99.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
augmental said:
Who ordered this from newegg? Hopefully it will actually go out on the 27th. I have never ordered from them before but they had it on sale for 29.99.

I did. I ordered GOW Origins collection too, and it shipped the day before release day and arrived on release day (though I live pretty close to their distribution center). I'm hoping the same will happen with ICO/SOTC.

augmental said:
I did too, hoping for the best here.

Top Bottom