• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

tha_devil

tha_devil

PantyPhantom said:
$130 + shipping? Are you fucking kidding me :D

Holy shit, hopefully no one buys from them.
Japanese games are always really expensive since the yen is so high.

The limited box doesnt seem worth it for me, you have 2 seperate boxes a nice outer box and some booklet (its japanese text right) would have loved an artbook.

StuBurns said:
tha_devil, when you double post, your avatar isn't quite as effective.

that is gold :D but true indeed ^^ btw. are there any news for an european release? Havent heard anything. I am thinking about importing but dont know if its worth it : /

StuBurns

Banned
RaGMasTeR90 said:
that is gold :D but true indeed ^^ btw. are there any news for an european release? Havent heard anything. I am thinking about importing but dont know if its worth it : /
It's the same time in Europe. No need to import.

tha_devil

StuBurns said:
tha_devil, when you double post, your avatar isn't quite as effective.
I know :) i hoped some1 would have posted after me when i quoted again :D

Anyways, my avatar does suck. So no problem there XD

StuBurns said:
It's the same time in Europe. No need to import.

WHAAAT? really? checks amazon ... september 30th for germany... thats a saturday but who cares! amazing day 1 purchase!

thx StuBurns :)

Edit: Damn the stupid USK logo is taking up all the ICO artwork on the package ... fuck that hopefully its switchable ...

51hLi0cXotL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BuddyC

tha_devil said:
I ordered the resident evil hd e-capcom edition from them (my first experience) and it was great. Very well packaged, with tracking number and they mark the value down.
Good to hear. Thanks!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
tha_devil said:
I ordered the resident evil hd e-capcom edition from them (my first experience) and it was great. Very well packaged, with tracking number and they mark the value down.
The 15th Anniversary Edition?

tha_devil said:

The limited box doesnt seem worth it for me, you have 2 seperate boxes a nice outer box and some booklet (its japanese text right) would have loved an artbook.

I think its an art book. It's 100 pages...

tha_devil

RaGMasTeR90 said:
WHAAAT? really? checks amazon ... september 30th for germany... thats a saturday but who cares! amazing day 1 purchase!

thx StuBurns :)

Edit: Damn the stupid USK logo is taking up all the ICO artwork on the package ... fuck that hopefully its switchable ...

51hLi0cXotL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Cover is reversible, with clean original box art of ico and sotc. Confirmed by playstation blog.

6129170965_e8b28437da.jpg

KennyLinder said:
I think its an art book. It's 100 pages...
I read somewhere it would be all text from ueda about creating the game etc.

Can someone confirm this please.

Yoshichan said:
The 15th Anniversary Edition?
Yes sir, see my september pickup post :) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31165004&postcount=1369

colinp

Banned
Just picked up the limited box from a shop in northern Japan. This city has a population of ~107,000, and there were three or four other pre-orders and then seven boxes of the thing beneath those. I don't think it will be that hard to find. I paid 6,174 yen, the equivalent of about $80 in today's American monopoly money.

The box is gorgeous, as is the little art book (fuckin' awesome, lots of pencil sketches an interview and shots of the teams library and office, etc...). The manual for ICO is cool but the manual for Wander is incredibly cool. I want to check whether it supports english so if I have time (not sure, bit busy tonight) I'll try to take a few pictures to share.

colinp

Banned
Oh and each game, since they're different from the US and it has the display box, has a different scene as the reversible cover. They're black and white and pretty cool, but I'm not sure why you'd keep it out of the box...

panty

tha_devil said:

Yes, I know they are quite expensive but $130 is a ripoff. I paid a few coins over $100 for the LE from PA.

Ratrat

colinp said:
Oh and each game, since they're different from the US and it has the display box, has a different scene as the reversible cover. They're black and white and pretty cool, but I'm not sure why you'd keep it out of the box...
I plead for photographical evidence of said reversible covers.

colinp

Banned
Wander has Japanese option menu and...... the text is all Japanese in the game, too. ざんねん。

I figure ICO is the same.. At times it looks like a PS2 game but my god is it sharp and that framerate... SILKY SMOOTH! I don't give two shits if it's 30 or 60, it is miles above the PS2.

That intro is so great! Damn is this a great soundtrack.

We'll see about pics, gotta take a shower first. ;)

jett

D-Member
colinp said:
Just picked up the limited box from a shop in northern Japan. This city has a population of ~107,000, and there were three or four other pre-orders and then seven boxes of the thing beneath those. I don't think it will be that hard to find. I paid 6,174 yen, the equivalent of about $80 in today's American monopoly money.

The box is gorgeous, as is the little art book (fuckin' awesome, lots of pencil sketches an interview and shots of the teams library and office, etc...). The manual for ICO is cool but the manual for Wander is incredibly cool. I want to check whether it supports english so if I have time (not sure, bit busy tonight) I'll try to take a few pictures to share.

I demand immediate ripping and uploading of the bonus videos.

plz. :|

colinp

Banned
Are they confirmed on the Japanese discs though? There are TWO discs, after all.. ANyway, I don't have the equipment to rip with, sorry, but I'll check to see if they're on either disc.

For Wanda it looks like there is nothing extra (it takes you directly to the game menu when you load it up, and on the XMB there are no other options), let me throw in ICO...

NateDrake

Pretty sure the new footage is part of one of the interviews/documentaries the collection contains. So it may need to be unlocked

colinp

Banned
ICO doesn't have anything on the disc either. There is a download code but I think it is for a custom theme and avatar for each game ONLY (at least that's what it says on the slip..).

Looks like you'll have to wait for the NA release for the video. Shame they decided not to include it with the Japanese release... Not sure why, unless it's hidden on the disc or something...?

In the art book at the very end there are six pages with seven pictures from Last Guardian.

NateDrake

colinp said:
ICO doesn't have anything on the disc either. There is a download code but I think it is for a custom theme and avatar for each game ONLY (at least that's what it says on the slip..).

Looks like you'll have to wait for the NA release for the video. Shame they decided not to include it with the Japanese release... Not sure why, unless it's hidden on the disc or something...?

In the art book at the very end there are six pages with seven pictures from Last Guardian.
Are they new images? Can you scan them if new?

colinp

Banned
NateDrake said:
Pretty sure the new footage is part of one of the interviews/documentaries the collection contains. So it may need to be unlocked

Possibly, though there is no main menu like the NA release (as seen on the GiantBomb quick look) so I am not sure where they would be unlocked to.

colinp

Banned
NateDrake said:
Are they new images? Can you scan them if new?

I have no idea whether they are new or old and, sorry, I don't want to bend my book to scan them. I don't think they show anything particularly new, anyway.

colinp said:

So it is confirmed to be an art book and not mostly text? :)
Cannot wait to get mine, it was shipped earlier today... really should've chosen the EMS option for shipping, the wait... argh.
I guess it is certain that it only contains the Japanese subtitle option too.

In any case, I have already decided to import the American version later on for the interviews and the double-sided cover (assuming Canada gets gypped again).

Just ordered the Limited Box from http://www.nin-nin-game.com , thanks for the tip.

I actually had an order on PA months and months and months ago but they canceled it because there was a problem with my credit card.

Didn't think I'd get a second chance even if the order came out to around $140. That's a LOT cheaper than it's going to be on Ebay.
Anyone wanna take guesses how much it's gonna be average Ebay?

$300 USD?
$500?
Keep going most likely.

For actual use, the Limited Box isn't worth it, but for a collector it's a real gem to any collection. Great for display too.

Do things like this usually go up a month or two after release? I can only recall MGS3 Subsistence being instantly rare upon release and was very much in demand on eBay, but this boxset does not seem to be as rare as MGS3:S.

colinp

Banned
Pictures incoming:

Reversible covers + Box + Ico Manual + Wander Manual

Fold out picture that is in the "art book", both by Fumito Ueda. The one on the right of the girl and baby is the back image (much smaller) of the "art book."

Pencil sketches from the "art book."

More pencil sketches from the "art book."

Great Last Guardian pic from the "art book."

More pencil sketches from the "art book."

The art book DOES have a lot of Japanese text, especially toward the end with the interview and cultural history (?) and stuf. But, yes, the first 60 or so pages are art work and photographs (with some Japanese text thrown in for good measure). Last forty pages have pictures as well as a timeline, interview and the like.

StuBurns

Banned
Ratrat said:
Do the horns look longer to anyone else?

Thanks, colinp!
They grow it seems, we've seen them very short. And since the initial reveal they've changed colour, they seem to be game mechanic of some sort.

Top Bottom