• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

colinp

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Definition was spelt Difinition I think....

I don't see it say Definition or Difinition anywhere so I guess they got rid of it.

I'm looking on the "obi" slip cover thingy too and I don't see it either.

The box is really clean text wise, just ICO / WANDER AND THE COLOSSUS / LIMITED BOX and the two titles in Japanese as well.

StuBurns

Banned
Regarding the horns, these are from the last batch of screens:

1304194812002530000.jpg

1304194819016411000.jpg

Certainly looks like they'll be changing over the course of the game.

I imagine the length of Trico's horns are an indication of his strength i.e. the longer the horns, the further he can jump and longer he can hold on to things.

Yep I would imagine its something like that. Similar to how in SotC (Major spoiler ahead)...

Wanda got darker and darker and more fucked up looking as the game went on. Super cool.

Danielsan

I really don't care to speculate too much, but I suspect that Trico's horns might just indicate his maturity which will probably end up relevant to the story, not gameplay. Considering horn play a significant role in the universe I'm curious to see whether it takes to route that I suspect it to.

KennyLinder said:
Yep I would imagine its something like that. Similar to how in SotC (Major spoiler ahead)...

Wanda got darker and darker and more fucked up looking as the game went on. Super cool.
This was such an incredible little touch.
After each battle you felt bad for slaying the colossus, but you also saw Wander's life getting sapped away.

Those pics! :|

I have said this already but I'll say it again: really regretting going with registered airmail over EMS now after remembering that the price would have been the same (I am paranoid over my customs fees experiences with EMS). The wait is going to be painful.

goonergaz

OMG - I just ordered it...Mrs will go nuts! :D

Ho hum, I have spare LE PS2 versions I can flog to help fund...just hope there's no real difference between the 2 LEs :S

Salaadin

ScOULaris said:
Only five days to go! Here's a tribute that I made a few years back for both games. Seems appropriate to share this now that we are getting them in a collection.

Team Ico Tribute

Ive seen all (most of?) of your tributes before and loved them. Very nice and well done. I might have choked during a few of them but ill never admit it.

;_;

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
KennyLinder said:
Thank you, awesome. Is image #34 the release date ledge he's struggling to hold on to? :)
This shot of yours deserves a direct full screen showing, it looks so damn good.

DSC_0034.jpg

If you want me rehost send me a PM.

And that looks to be in engine too.

Yoboman

ScOULaris said:
Only five days to go! Here's a tribute that I made a few years back for both games. Seems appropriate to share this now that we are getting them in a collection.

Team Ico Tribute
Good work. Hoppipola is a cheap atttempt at evoking some emotion though! Like saying I have to cut up some onions while watching the video

ScOULaris

Salaadin said:
Ive seen all (most of?) of your tributes before and loved them. Very nice and well done. I might have choked during a few of them but ill never admit it.

;_;
I wish I still had time to make the occasional music video. I have a feeling that the eventual release of TLG will inspire me to get back into it, though.

Then again, the idea of making a new video with 720p footage from the HD Collection is pretty tempting as well.

Yoboman said:
Good work. Hoppipola is a cheap atttempt at evoking some emotion though! Like saying I have to cut up some onions while watching the video
In my defense, I made that video before Hoppipola started showing up everywhere. I think it fits the feeling of the games in a reflective, nostalgic way, which is what I was going for when I made that video.

My Yesasia order is AWAITING STOCK even though I ordered it when it was put back into stock again. I seem to recall them using that message when the order is fine but not quite ready to ship out.

colinp said:
Pictures incoming:

Reversible covers + Box + Ico Manual + Wander Manual

Fold out picture that is in the "art book", both by Fumito Ueda. The one on the right of the girl and baby is the back image (much smaller) of the "art book."

Pencil sketches from the "art book."

More pencil sketches from the "art book."

Great Last Guardian pic from the "art book."

More pencil sketches from the "art book."

The art book DOES have a lot of Japanese text, especially toward the end with the interview and cultural history (?) and stuf. But, yes, the first 60 or so pages are art work and photographs (with some Japanese text thrown in for good measure). Last forty pages have pictures as well as a timeline, interview and the like.

Oh man this looks great. Don't you have a scanner??

Zing

Banned
I just re-watched some The Last Guardian footage and what the hell is with the shaky-cam? I have never played anything on the PS3. Is shaky-cam a standard thing in current games?

colinp

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
This shot of yours deserves a direct full screen showing, it looks so damn good.

If you want me rehost send me a PM.

And that looks to be in engine too.

My host can handle it, thanks for the offer though.

The question is can GAF handle my giant thumb?!

krae_man

Philanthropist said:
I never got into the time attack modes, but I'm sure there are extra items that can help you locate them, which wouldn't make it so tedious.

Back on the PS2 I beat all the time attacks on both normal and hard, I'm aware of the fruit and lizard locator abilities.

You are underestimating the size of the map and how many lizards and fruit trees there are.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
StuBurns said:
The blood soaked feathers are insane.
I never even realized that's what the color in them comes for, and I kept that image with the creature sleeping as a wallpaper for the last few months :(

Phatcorns

Does anyone know if there are any good deals for this game for the US? If not, I'm just going to use my Gears 3 game credit and get it off Amazon.

goonergaz

raviolico said:
so...will both titles show up on PSN as full digital downloads - like the GoW's?

Don't think so, when I checked on the Sony site it listed GoW pack as BR & Download but this as just BR - real shame, I would have bought all 3 versions!

Top Bottom