• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

AgentChris said:
8g9UK.jpg
cute kid

new intern at team ico?

Famassu

Started ICO last night, played it for about an hour before going to bed. I think I'm advancing a bit faster than the first time I played ICO, and this even though I've pretty much forgotten every puzzle in the game.

All I've got to say about it is... man they did a good job with the HDfying. ICO looks real gooooooooood, and goes ahead to prove that the graphical style is more important than just graphical prowess. Of course ICO & SOTC were quite impressive looking PS2 games, but they have aged quite well thanks to their great visual design.

One of the only negatives you can still say about this game is that the controls are somewhat clumsy, but luckily not too so.

PantyPhantom said:
Just received,

Play-Asia.com Order #2352xxx shipped!

Come on come on!
Same. What an awesome thing to wake up to. Checked every chance I had yesterday for that email. Now I wake up with it and the rest of my day today will be relaxing and full of smiles.

onken

Famassu said:
One of the only negatives you can still say about this game is that the controls are somewhat clumsy, but luckily not too so.

Yeah I just jumped off a rope by accident and got put back a good 10 minutes worth of progress, grr.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Same. What an awesome thing to wake up to. Checked every chance I had yesterday for that email. Now I wake up with it and the rest of my day today will be relaxing and full of smiles.

same. it's weird, but, once the damn thing finally ships, it's like some burden's been removed or something :) ...

this, followed by dark souls? 1-2 punch of the gen...

FreeMufasa

I hope this makes ICO (PS2) come down in price. All I need really.

EDIT: Just looked. Damn, it's happened already/ £30 new, £9 used as opposed to £100 new and £60 used a few years ago.

FreeMufasa said:
I hope this makes ICO (PS2) come down in price. All I need really.

EDIT: Just looked. Damn, it's happened already/ £30 new, £9 used as opposed to £100 new and £60 used a few years ago.
I'll never forget when I happened to be Christmas shopping years back at a time I had wanted Ico but didn't want to shell out for the ridiculous prices. No one had it used and I just stopped looking and asking.

But yeah, that shopping trip, I see a brand new copy of Ico in SEARS of all places. Thanks to them having a shitty "gaming" section, I scored the game for cheap.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not so much time left... until I get my hands on this gem... been waiting for so long, I can't believe it ;_;

Neptune

My limited edition from Play-Asia shipped this morning, too. I don't know how efficient UPS are over the weekend, but I'm hoping to have it delivered sometime on Monday or Tuesday.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Printed screenshots always look a little bit better than direct grabs, but HOLY SHIT.

I hope they haven't opted to run at 20fps to achieve this.
I hope they haven't decided to run the game in sub-hd like the last released trailer clearly suggested.

It wouldn't surprise me though. Much like SotC with PS2, this game looks like it's doing some things that shouldn't be possible on today's consoles. Something's probably got to give.

onken said:
Been playing these all afternoon, mind is blown from the awesome.

e~ stealth brag

2vwa1d5.jpg

Awesome box! I have a poor promo set with also the god of war collection... but i really want something like this. Is still avaible or is a LE or something? How i can buy import software nowadays?

thelurkinghorror said:
Awesome box! I have a poor promo set with also the god of war collection... but i really want something like this. Is still avaible or is a LE or something? How i can buy import software nowadays?
The previous page or the one before linked to a site that was selling them. Hurry.

thelurkinghorror said:
Try ncsx.com. Fair warning, they dramatically raised the price on the thing to take advantage of desperate consumers though.

denomes

shadyspace said:
Anybody in this thread who actually likes Ico more than Shadow? I like Ico more in concept and Shadow more in practice imo.

This is basically my feeling as well. ICO's combat drags it down slightly, but I prefer its concept and narrative delivery slightly over SOTC.

StuBurns

Banned
Spanish Wrath said:
Am I the only one all over the internet who finds both games boring as hell?

Specially Ico.
No, you're just the only person who would bother coming into this thread to ask that.

StuBurns said:
No, you're just the only person who would bother coming into this thread to ask that.

No, really, I mean it. I've tried to play both several times and I don't get the point of the games.

Don't amuse me at all.

PooBone

Zefah said:
I couldn't play SoTC due to the horrible framerate issues. I've also never played but the first 30 minutes or so of ICO. I think I'll pick this up.
I worked at a video rental store years ago and we had Ico on the shelf. Based on internet recommendation, I took it home for free 4 or 5 times, and every single time I would quit out of lack of interest or boredom within the first hour. I started that game over several times but when I finally got a decent way into it, I was completely hooked and fell in love. Wonderful game. I bought a magazine with a Shadow of the Colossus demo and then bought that game day one since I knew who the dev team was.

Top Bottom