• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

mattp

did anyone preorder from newegg on the 30 dollar deal? how are they w/ shipping new game releases?
i love them for hardware but i've never ordered a game from them at launch

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Low framerate helping the game ♥ ♥ ♥

BWahhahahaha

StuBurns

Banned
Stop talking about framerate, start posting the new TLG footage, I can see some of you have copies now, I demand the video.

RomanticHeroX said:
Slowdown 100% improved the SotC experience. Maybe not when you're just wandering around, but absolutely during the fights.

Your statement 100% contradicts.

There were multiple times I got knocked on the ground and it seemed like eternity until I could regain control with all the slowdown.

StuBurns said:
Stop talking about framerate, start posting the new TLG footage, I can see some of you have copies now, I demand the video.

I was thinking that it would possibly have to be unlocked by completing both games or something along those lines...

StuBurns

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
I was thinking that it would possibly have to be unlocked by completing both games or something along those lines...
Euro ones apparently just have it from PSN with a voucher in the box.

Oh dayum. Yeah Im with StuBurns on this. Post that shit asap. Need to see new footage of the first game that will undoubtedly make me cry buckets

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
mattp said:
did anyone preorder from newegg on the 30 dollar deal? how are they w/ shipping new game releases?
i love them for hardware but i've never ordered a game from them at launch

My GOW Origins shipped the day before release. I chose free 3-day shipping, but I got it on release day because I live near their distribution center. I am hoping Team Ico Collection will also ship the day before release.

Fezan

TheLastFantasy said:
q1eMA.jpg

Downside? I've got it for an equivalent of $50.
this looks like jeddah city to me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Max said:
Did you intentionally line up the curve of the logo with your steering wheel
WHAT THE FUCK! :lol

My mind is blown to pieces, hahahah!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
shadyspace said:
I'm actually a bit worried about SotC improved frame rate. As crazy as it sounds, I feel like the hampered frame rate added to the ambiance of the original.

Then play it in 3D. In that mode it's supposedly as bad framerate-wise as the original (even worse in some spots). Or play in the "1080p" (960x1080) mode, which has some slowdown but runs better than the original.

Personally, I'll be playing it at 720p, locked to 30 fps.

goonergaz

someone needs to explain to nin-nin that when a customer pays for the fastest possible delivery it'd be nice if they posted it within a couple of days!!

lol @ the steering wheel comment...how freaky is that!?

RooMHM

krYlon said:
So why are you here if it's not "worth" your attention?

I honestly don't get why people get offended when others like something they don't.

It's like someone made a personal insult toward you.

Anyway, people let's not get into the whole "you don't get it", "no, you're up your own ass" argument.
Those kind of threads are all over the internet.
I was just making the complete opposite stupid comment about these games. What I said really reflects my opinion but I accept those who think the games are good (not those who think they are godly)...

Cartman86

Banned
iKeepPlaying said:
It's /ˈiːkoʊ/ where the "I" sounds like the one in "Illusion".

I say illusion like I say ill. Is that what your saying?

I've heard Ico pronounced Eyeco and Eco. Both sound fine to me. I imagine the correct pronunciation is Eco based on the Japanese.

Grayman

Futureshop emailed me that this shipped today. I thought I was supposed to get a sale price though. Oh well as long as my 60 dollar games are 40 bucks.

Item(s)shipped Quantity Price
ICO & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection (PlayStation 3) 1 $39.99

jett

D-Member
LiquidMetal14 said:
That seals it as the best HD collection by far. New stuff like this, take notes devs. And do it right. Not with frame rate hitches and quick cash in style antics!

New stuff? Almost all of that footage comes from the japanese and european versions of SotC. :p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
iKeepPlaying said:
Yup, that's how it is. Of course, just the "I" part.

If you say "illusion" like a person says "ill," then you're telling people to pronounce it "icko."
The "i" in illusion or ill is not a long "i".

Max said:
Icko then?

o.o

Always thought it was eyeko

It's definitely "eeko" but English speakers are reasonable to assume it's "eye-co".

Top Bottom