• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
New stuff? Almost all of that footage comes from the japanese and european versions of SotC. :p
You ain't gotta take it out on me for not logging onto PSN in 25 days!

And at least we're seeing this footage in a more polished state. The roundtable should be nice too. As well as the hopefully new TLG footage.

jett

D-Member
LiquidMetal14 said:
You ain't gotta take it out on me for not logging onto PSN in 25 days!

And at least we're seeing this footage in a more polished state. The roundtable should be nice too. As well as the hopefully new TLG footage.

My PS3 is dead mayne. :|

Famassu

Maaaan, SOTC at 30fps was :O :O :O :O :O

Just for reference, I played the first few colossi on PS2 while I was visiting my cousin today, who I had given the original copy once I heard about this collection. The difference is really huge. It's funny because you've kind of gotten used to the framerate to slow down once you exit the shrine and now that it doesn't it feels kinda weird at first. A good kind of weird, but still weird.

SOTC really was ahead of its time, it's hard to believe this game was done on PS2 (even with the framerate, or slideshow, it had). I got to the fourth colossi and it's simply awesome, especially with some of the close calls I had when moving around on the particular colossi and not being quite as careful as I should've, leading to situations where the main character flies in the air for a tad too long and barely gets a grip off the hair or part of the colossi.

Famassu said:
Maaaan, SOTC at 30fps was :O :O :O :O :O

Just for reference, I played the first few colossi on PS2 while I was visiting my cousin today, who I had given the original copy once I heard about this collection. The difference is really huge. It's funny because you've kind of gotten used to the framerate to slow down once you exit the shrine and now that it doesn't it feels kinda weird at first. A good kind of weird, but still weird.

SOTC really was ahead of its time, it's hard to believe this game was done on PS2 (even with the framerate, or slideshow, it had). I got to the fourth colossi and it's simply awesome, especially with some of the close calls I had when moving around on the particular colossi and not being quite as careful as I should've, leading to situations where the main character flies in the air for a tad too long and barely gets a grip off the hair or part of the colossi.
Love war stories like this.

Any others want to share while we wait for release and shipments?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SotC probably feels like it's more than 30 because of the new, ps3 quality motion blur that's added. I think the game now has the motion blur like what was in GoW3 or UC2 for example.

GorillaJu

Picked up the combo limited box today. So pricey! But I've been praying for these games on ps3 for years. Would pay whatever it costs really

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whaat it's out. aaaaaugh no moneys.

Never played Ico and don't own SotC despite playing it twice, I must have this :p

GorillaJu

leng jai said:
Pics of the Japanese LE people? Mine won't be here till tuesday.
Here's mine.

dmLnI.jpg

mattp

hey_it's_that_dog said:
My GOW Origins shipped the day before release. I chose free 3-day shipping, but I got it on release day because I live near their distribution center. I am hoping Team Ico Collection will also ship the day before release.
yeah they have a warehouse less than an hour from me in nj, so i'm hoping they get it out quick.

mc_razza

Neo Member
I've been pronouncing it the way it's supposed to be pronounced in Japan: "eee"-co. It is a Japanese game after all.

And thank you so so much, colinp, for posting the photos of the artbook! :)

frequency

Grayman said:
Futureshop emailed me that this shipped today. I thought I was supposed to get a sale price though. Oh well as long as my 60 dollar games are 40 bucks.

Item(s)shipped Quantity Price
ICO & Shadow Of The Colossus Collection (PlayStation 3) 1 $39.99
I ordered it in the E3 sale thingy too. That's too bad. I was hoping it would be $20 off the actual price.

But uh... what the hell? They shipped it to you before release date? Do they ship things earlier for certain parts of the country?
Being in Manitoba, no one (FS/BB, Amazon, or GameStop) ship to me until 2-5 days after release date.

Ok I'm officially nuts. I've spent a portion of my day cleaning my tv, tweaking my video settings, and playing SotC ps2 zeroing in on things to compare in preparation for the collection.

Come on shipment or release day (whichever comes first).

LProtag

I'm still debating if this should be a day one purchase for me or not. I mean, it's not like they're completely new games but they're games I love...

I wonder if the price will go down at all, but then I also worry that it'll all sell out somehow, haha.

Johnas

InsertNameHere said:
I'm still debating if this should be a day one purchase for me or not. I mean, it's not like they're completely new games but they're games I love...

I wonder if the price will go down at all, but then I also worry that it'll all sell out somehow, haha.

Both games for $40. $20 a game. Significantly improved over their PS2 counterparts, for which you may or may not have paid around $50 each (I bought Ico for $30, and SotC for $50).

Do it.

leng jai said:
Well its time to learn how to make a japanese account then.
Hai guys I have an idea

How about one person makes a JP account and then we all just pass the user name and password via PM to download the theme? Pretty smart, eh?!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
mc_razza said:
I've been pronouncing it the way it's supposed to be pronounced in Japan: "eee"-co. It is a Japanese game after all.

And thank you so so much, colinp, for posting the photos of the artbook! :)

So I guess you pronounce Toyota and Mazda and stuff like that with a Japanese accent, huh?

Top Bottom