• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

Cruzader

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Hai guys I have an idea

How about one person makes a JP account and then we all just pass the user name and password via PM to download the theme? Pretty smart, eh?!
Yup I agree and this time make sure that dude who calls dibbs DOES NOT get first dibbs. Netguy47 or something. That guy is a DLC whore. DAMN IT!

Sign me up!!

leng jai

Cruzader said:
Yup I agree and this time make sure that dude who calls dibbs DOES NOT get first dibbs. Netguy47 or something. That guy is a DLC whore. DAMN IT!

Sign me up!!

So who knows how to make a jap account?

netguy503

Cruzader said:

Sign me up!!

Seriously? 47? How'd you get that number? Anyway, if you want to be the first one to take the lead and create waiting lists for sharing content. Go right ahead. No one does, so I do. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, sign me up too please. :)

GeoramA

Neuromancer said:
Is the theme a free download I assume?
In the US version, yeah you get the 2 dynamic themes free of charge. Along with the behind the scenes and the new footage of The Last Guardian.

Cruzader

Banned
netguy503 said:
Seriously? 47? How'd you get that number? Anyway, if you want to be the first one to take the lead and create waiting lists for sharing content. Go right ahead. No one does, so I do. It's as simple as that.

Anyway, sign me up too please. :)
AHAHAHA! Damn I didnt you know you were in here or if your "DLC sensing abilities" brought you here. Im joshing around man, dont take me serious. But yea, be like #100 on the list...LOL

@leng jai: I think Kassatsu has a link on how to make a JPN account on his weekly PSN store threads.

Ok here: http://www.psnstores.com/2010/10/japanese-psn-account-tutorial/

feel

maskrider said:
DSC_0031small.jpg
HOLY SHIT at the SOTC one. <3

Having booted up the ps2 version of shadow had me wondering if the saves will work the same.

Because my Agro has had the Ico "I" mark for quite some time thanks to reading the Ico save file. Will be odd seeing him(her?) with the default marking.

netguy503

Cruzader said:
AHAHAHA! Damn I didnt you know you were in here or if your "DLC sensing abilities" brought you here. Im joshing around man, dont take me serious. But yea, be like #100 on the list...LOL

@leng jai: I think Kassatsu has a link on how to make a JPN account on his weekly PSN store threads.

Ok here: http://www.psnstores.com/2010/10/japanese-psn-account-tutorial/

Well, I did order this collection (and the GOW collection) from Newegg so I thought I'd read here to see if any orders from there had shipped yet/impressions. So I'm just quietly observing for the moment. :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Darkgran said:
This will be my first time playing these games. So excited!!

Nice OT

Same, only owned a PS2 for about 2 months back around when MGS2 demo was released with Zone of Enders. Looking forward to this.

Smokey

Honestly don't care for ICO, but then again I didn't really give it a chance.

SOTC on the other hand is one of my favorite games of all time. Charging my glasses right now to play this gem in 3D on the 55'' screen. This and BF3 beta on Tuesday oh my god.

Teknoman

Smokey said:
Honestly don't care for ICO, but then again I didn't really give it a chance.

SOTC on the other hand is one of my favorite games of all time. Charging my glasses right now to play this gem in 3D on the 55'' screen. This and BF3 beta on Tuesday oh my god.

Gotta give it a chance.

Been playing through the ICO remake today and I am so fucking pissed with the camera. Was it this bad in the original? Is SOTC better?

I just checked my tracking number for my Ico Collection... it's in Vancouver already, awaiting customs clearance. They better not take abnormally long to clear the package for no reason. I will kiss the mailman if I can get it by early next week!
not really

goonergaz

couple of things - the avatars will be locked to your JP account, so (IMHO) I'm not going to bother - the themes will be on the disk of the UK version (which I'm still getting) - I may as well not use the code unless there's something else?

The other ting is people keep asking about the games being on PSN - they are not coming to PSN (not yet anyway)

I was thinking back to SotC and I think it's going to take a long time to get Platinum, a REAL long time.

Playthroughs:

1. Normal
2. Hard
3. Normal TT
4. Hard TT

Now comes the hard part. The game doesn't Game+ health/stamina upgrades over difficulties (IIRC) so the upgrades you got on on the first play through of the game count for nothing. Personally I would suggest after finishing it on Hard, go back to a normal difficulty save and start collecting all the Lizards and Fruit on that, it will make the next bit easier...

Further to this, I still don't think it's enough.
In the original US/Japanese version of the game it only took one full run through the game and a few lizard/fruits to be able to climb the temple. We all know (or all should know :) ) that this was only achieved by exploiting the diagonal jump glitch which didn't take off any stamina.
This was fixed for PAL version.

I am pretty sure it took a few runs through the game beyond all the lizards/fruits to fully max both stamina and strength, and the full stamina bar is required for the spoiled bit. Might be wrong though. Anyone remember for sure...

Thoraxes

Interesting, I hope i'll be able to get this cheaper with Target's buy 1 get one 50% off sale when it launches. I just need it to be included, otherwise it's off to Best-Buy for me.

hey_it's_that_dog said:
So I guess you pronounce Toyota and Mazda and stuff like that with a Japanese accent, huh?

Hmmm, yes? Same way I pronounce Chrysler and Dodge with the correct english pronunciation. If I know a language and know the way it's pronounced that's the way I'll say it.

It IS "ee-co".

That said, it is much easier for us spanish speakers to read and speak japanese correctly.

goonergaz

It's 'ee-co' on pulse too and that's a company rep who must surely have been told how to say it 'correctly' - I've always said eye-co but now have changed to ee-co.

Famassu

KennyLinder said:
I am pretty sure it took a few runs through the game beyond all the lizards/fruits to fully max both stamina and strength, and the full stamina bar is required for the spoiled bit. Might be wrong though. Anyone remember for sure...
I don't think it is. There's a spot along the way where you can safely fill up your stamina meter.

goonergaz

Famassu said:
I don't think it is. There's a spot along the way where you can safely fill up your stamina meter.

I tried but just failed to reach it, I think however if you do the game and the some TT that might be enough...I don't care, the longer I play these games the better! :)

Ratrat

I could be wrong but isn't the pronunciation by Yorda audible in the game? Either way its &#12452;&#12467; so, yeah.

Famassu said:

I think there is a glitch or something I saw in a youtube video long ago, but I'm afraid the PAL version didn't allow me to do it and I never got to climb it fully. But I will this time, whatever it takes.

goonergaz

Philanthropist said:
I think there is a glitch or something I saw in a youtube video long ago, but I'm afraid the PAL version didn't allow me to do it and I never got to climb it fully. But I will this time, whatever it takes.

I 2nd that!

Mush

I never managed to complete my Time Attack run. That dang last Colossus!

/shakes fist

(I also have never made it to the top of the secret garden either. Forgive me, everyone!).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mush said:
(I also have never made it to the top of the secret garden either. Forgive me, everyone!).
I forgive you... but you've got a second chance with this version!

I'm going to lend my friend SOTC next week when I receive the my HD package since I am going to replay Ico first. This will be his first time ever playing the game and he is not much of a gamer so I am really intrigued in what he'll think of them (will lend him Ico afterwards). :)

Trevelyon

Haven't played SotC since 2007 and that was just to see how it upscaled on my PS3 OG Phat, and ICO...gawd has to be closing in on a decade at this point, Jesus Christ! I think I've given these games a wide enough berth at this point that I'll probably be nostalgia tripping hard and rediscovering awesome things again.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shawsie64 said:
This will be the first time i've ever played these games :)
Wow... enjoy, sir!

An-Det

This will be my first time playing through Ico. I did the first few Colossi many years ago and enjoyed it, but shit happened and I never got back to it. I can't wait to finally do so.

Thoraxes said:
Interesting, I hope i'll be able to get this cheaper with Target's buy 1 get one 50% off sale when it launches. I just need it to be included, otherwise it's off to Best-Buy for me.

That's what I'm doing, comboing it with the God of War Origins Collection.

Shawsie64 said:
This will be the first time i've ever played these games :)

Every other word would be spoil, either from the games or for appreciation of games based on too much hype.

So enjoy. And please, come back to post some feedback as much a possible

yggdrasil

Figured I'd link this 1:32 speed run walkthrough for the folks attempting (or complaining about) the <2hr speed run trophy. This is from the Japanese version of the PS2 game, so the resolution is poor, but there's no super-jumping (which I didn't even know about before today, having never played the PAL version).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lol at people who try to spin "eye-co" as an American pronunciation... Its not American.. You've just been wrong all this time.

Come on, let's share our experiences and forget the pronunciation again.

*DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED SHADOW BEFORE*

I remember the first time I got to the
sand snake
colossus, I had no idea that I had to
shoot an arrow at its eye
. I spent a very long time trying to get it to "come at me bro" and
smash into the surrounding wall or center rock structures
but nothing! I forget what made me finally realize but that stands out as one of my biggest "ooooooh, I got it!" moments.

Part of the experience is figuring each colossus out. Seriously, do not look up how to tackle them at all.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So whoever is on the fence, Best Buy is having a deal

I don't have making thread privileges so I'll put this here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat252800050012&slref=10&slloc=01

Save $20 on two select PS3 collections

Get caught up on these classic PlayStation hits. Buy any two of these collections and you'll save $20.

Follow these steps:

Select a PS3 collection below by clicking the box to its right.
Select a second collection.
Click the Add to Cart button.

Items may ship separately. Three items per order. See offer details.

1. ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - PlayStation 3
2. Resistance Dual Pack Greatest Hits - PlayStation 3
3. Uncharted Greatest Hits Dual Pack - PlayStation 3
4. God of War: Origins Collection - PlayStation 3

It's a buy 1 get 1 50% off

Top Bottom