• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

A tweak which takes all of 3 seconds is not exactly a problem, but it's a shame that performance would even need to be mentioned at all considering.

Game is in the mail, here's hoping for SotC without headaches.

anddo0

mattp said:
Thank you for shopping at Newegg.com.

Your tracking number has been generated and your package/order will ship out today

Got the same email. What a pleasant surprise. I've never received a game from them day 1.. No wonder they've been offering these deals. I regret skipping out on Uncharted 3 etc...

Lothars

Kayo-kun said:
I've watched the review and gameplay videos on both games, but still can't get hyped. I am a huge fan of the RPG/adventure genre too, but I still can't find interest in the game since it looks dated and somewhat boring from what I've seen. I know that I should be ashamed for writing this and that I'm a horrible gamer... :p

Maybe the reason for this is because the amount of great games coming out which makes my brain go into economic mode and try to discredit the game to not buy it lol.
I would recommend to play them even if you don't get it right away but the remakes seem like they were made with care and especially since you have never played them I think you would like them.

Futureman

I noticed my brother left his PS3 at my dad's house...

Wonder if I borrow the PS3 if I could get ICO/SotC through Qwickster (Netflix DVDs)?

edit: Ahh, not available yet. When is Qwikster supposed to go live?

Bit-Bit

Will be at Wal-Mart tonight to try and get the game early. Then I'll have Tuesday and Wednesday to beat it before I start the Battlefield 3 beta. This week is gonna be sooooooo awesome.

anddo0 said:
Got the same email. What a pleasant surprise. I've never received a game from them day 1.. No wonder they've been offering these deals. I regret skipping out on Uncharted 3 etc...

Same got this e-mail, and headed to Amazon and managed to cancel my order there, would've been so confused w/ 2 copies :lol

goonergaz

_dementia said:
It happened with the GoW collection, so maybe down the road. I don't think it's day and date with retail though.

As I said previously, on the Sony site it lists GoW as BR & Download but Ico/SotC as BR (no mention of download) so (unfortunately) I'd say no...but maybe one day :(

GQman2121

Banned
Reminder NA GAF:

Best Buy is offering this and either the Uncharted/Resistance Combo packs or the God of War Origins for $60 total. So $20 savings.

Target is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off. Pretty much the same deal as BB, but more titles to select from depending on what you're interested in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheExodu5 said:
How long are these games?

I'm wondering what I will play through this week given that I want to start up Dark Souls next Tuesday.
You'll definitely be able to complete one of the games.

Salaadin

TheExodu5 said:
How long are these games?

I'm wondering what I will play through this week given that I want to start up Dark Souls next Tuesday.

ICO 6-7 hours
SOTC 11-13 hours

Obviously, playstyles do matter. Some people can beat SOTC in WAY less time but they probably dont get the same enjoyment from it.

Reveirg

If anyone's eager (like me) to play ico/sotc HD, some retailers broke the street date in Canada... I'm not sure if it's against the rules to mention which one though so I'll refrain from doing so for now.

I just need to clear the last chapter of Bayonetta and I'm beginning my playthrough of Ico tonight!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Reveirg said:
If anyone's eager (like me) to play ico/sotc HD, some retailers broke the street date in Canada... I'm not sure if it's against the rules to mention which one though so I'll refrain from doing so for now.

I just need to clear the last chapter of Bayonetta and I'm beginning my playthrough of Ico tonight!
It is absolutely OK to do that as far as I know. I'd say encouraged even! No really, I don't think mods here care about that. But if you're still worried, please PM me. I was looking today at Best Buy and Future Shop, and they didn't have it on display.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Reveirg said:

Tell us!!!!

Reveirg said:

Any word on if the Canadian release has the reversibile cover art?

Reveirg

Leshita said:
Any word on if the Canadian release has the reversibile cover art?

It doesn't. =/

And the cover art is even uglier because it has both french and english even for the title (La collection/ The Collection, Remastered in high definition / maintenant en haute définition)

I'm french-speaking and I wish I had received the US version, which is -slightly- better... Oh well...

Reveirg said:
It doesn't. =/

And the cover art is even uglier because it has both french and english even for the title (La collection/ The Collection, Remastered in high definition / maintenant en haute définition)

I'm french-speaking and I wish I had received the US version, which was a -bit- better... Oh well...

Expected, was going to order the English version at Best Buy with the sale, but I guess I will wait until Black Friday or something and import it from the US. :/

Zwei

w00-h00! got the shipping email from Amazon:

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this completes your order. Your order is being shipped and cannot be changed by you or by our customer service department.

Your estimated delivery date is:
September 27, 2011

mattp

I NEED SCISSORS said:
SotC took me about 7 hours. I always considered it a really short game.
i guess it really depends on how quickly you 1. find the colossus and 2. figure out how to beat it
actually executing isn't that hard. but figuring out what to do takes real long sometimes

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
7 hours? That's the amount of time it took me to beat #3 and #16 combined.

SkylineRKR

I think I clocked about 11 hours or so, with some bosses I just didn't know what to do. I was on the brink of looking at a FAQ but it would defeat the purpose of this game.

mattp said:
i guess it really depends on how quickly you 1. find the colossus and 2. figure out how to beat it
actually executing isn't that hard. but figuring out what to do takes real long sometimes

If it took me more than 5 minutes to figure out I just used a guide.

TheExodu5

Banned
Reveirg said:
It doesn't. =/

I'm french-speaking and I wish I had received the US version, which is -slightly- better... Oh well...

Uuuuuughhhh.

Do I grab it now, or import from the U.S.? :(

Lothars

Reveirg said:
It doesn't. =/

aww that sucks, I think I will import it from the US than.

Thanks again for replying to my PM, it is appreciated.

alr1ghtstart said:
SOTC is a puzzle game. Don't use a guide in puzzle games.

For me it was a cinematic experience and a love story. Stopping to figure out what to do all the time killed the pacing. I still consider it one of the best games ever, so it didn't harm the experience at all even if I was playing it 'wrong'.

Zwei

I NEED SCISSORS said:
For me it was a cinematic experience and a love story. Stopping to figure out what to do all the time killed the pacing. I still consider it one of the best games ever, so it didn't harm the experience at all even if I was playing it 'wrong'.

You played it wrong. You really did.

Top Bottom