• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection |OT| Ueda *bow*

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Got my copy delivered from Amazon! First thing I did was flip the cover art, heh.

I've played both games countless times on the PS2 and then each one emulated, so it'll be interesting to see how the ports compare. Can't wait to start playing tonight...

Picked up a copy in Montreal just now. For those who care:

1. Yes there is a dual language cover
2. Yes it is poorly printed
3. No there is no reverse cover, please proceed to custom cover GAF

Owzers

Got my copy of the game, noticed that the case was cracked on the inside/top corner. Put the disc in to check out the dynamic themes and i really dislike them, especially that they are letter boxed. :(

Crewnh said:
Just picked up my copy. As per usual, Canadians get screwed out of the reversible cover. Fuck you Sony.

OMCeg.jpg
It'd be nice if there was some way us Canadians were given an option for a downloadable version of that cover or something... lame :/

Most 360 games just have the American cover and then an additional french cover shrink wrapped onto the case which is what I prefer.

Bit-Bit

Picked it up this morning. Played for a little over an hour. Now I'm sitting at work waiting for the day to go by so that I may play again.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just watched the interview in the game. There's new TLG footage (well new for me) I'll spoiler it for the media blackout peeps.
Torico's horns look longer and greenish blue, and there's a clip of the kid pulling out the spears from Torico's body.

Gonna start playing this now!

I notice there are 2 empty square in the bonus vids section of the disc... do you think there are 2 more videos, 1 for each game...or possibly more TLG insight?

Strange that none of this stuff is up on the net yet?

hmm

You know what the ultimate unlockable for this collection shouldve been? (if they even had included any)

...You get to see the actual release date for The Last Guardian

Im guessing the other vids are unlocked when you complete each game.

Dunan

dark10x said:
You do realize that some of us can actually understand Japanese, right?

He also seems to be forgetting that Ico and Yorda speak their own languages, and that that's part of the charm.

(That said, I'm very glad to be able to read what's in my Japanese games and books. Had I not been able to, and had the Valkyria Chronicles artbook not been translated, I probably would have laboriously looked words up one by one in a dictionary just to fully appreciate that book!)

ScOULaris

Just drove out of my way on my lunch break to the only GameStop nearby, and all of the copies that they had were reserved. Now I have to hurry to get lunch and get back to work on time empty-handed. Gat dammit.

kingslunk

ScOULaris said:
Just drove out of my way on my lunch break to the only GameStop nearby, and all of the copies that they had were reserved. Now I have to hurry to get lunch and get back to work on time empty-handed. Gat dammit.

The woes and terribleness that is GameStop.

ScOULaris said:
Yeah I made sure to preorder this one because its the type of game that could end up not selling well and becoming rare since GameStops wouldn't order a second batch.

TONX said:
Just watched the interview in the game. There's new TLG footage (well new for me) I'll spoiler it for the media blackout peeps.
Torico's horns look longer and greenish blue, and there's a clip of the kid pulling out the spears from Torico's body.

Gonna start playing this now!
Ah yeah, first interview, definitely new footage. Time for me to start as well, glad I know very little about these games.

FINALBOSS

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
duuuuuuude. that SUCKS. time to find a BestBuy or another GS. Hunt that shit down son!

Copies are going VERY fast. I'm in the K-Mart thread on CAG and people are saying they were selling out earlier this morning.

And hopefully someone comes out with a printable cover of the Japanese styled one with both games on the front so I can replace this shitty one. The reversible one isn't that great either.

ScOULaris

There are plenty of places where I can buy it on my way home, but this was my only shot for getting it on my lunch break. I'm starting to get a little worried though. This is indicative of the small shipments that stores are receiving. Only enough to satisfy preorders.

Crewnh said:
Just picked up my copy. As per usual, Canadians get screwed out of the reversible cover. Fuck you Sony.

I think your complaint should be directed at your government. Don't they have laws that require publishers to create special versions for Canada? I believe this is why you get screwed on such things.

Takuya

Banned
Crewnh said:

OMCeg.jpg

Just picked up a copy at Game Buzz in Downtown Montreal....

BEHOLD FELLOW CANADIANS!

Atqlm.jpg

It does have the reversible cover and all (I can see from outside of the packaging), but I'm not opening it until I get home! I went to Game Buzz because I knew that they sometimes sold the U.S. versions of games.

I have a question regarding two ICO trophies that involve "demo scenes". What the hell are demo scenes? It sounds like something that occurs if I just stare at the title screen and dont touch anything on the controller.

StuBurns

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
I have a question regarding two ICO trophies that involve "demo scenes". What the hell are demo scenes? It sounds like something that occurs if I just stare at the title screen and dont touch anything on the controller.
The Japanese term for cutscene.

GrayFoxPL

I predict lots of "Gaf you lied" posts regarding ICO from first time players.

It just may be something you didn't expect.
I remember back in the day it was hyped to heavens, when I played I must admit I was kind of bored.

It's a good game, beautiful art wise but suited to the certain expectations and mood - preferably melancholy.

ghibli99

Regarding "ICO hype", when I played it back in '01, I fell in love with the art, atmosphere, design, puzzles, and an overwhelming sense of loneliness and dread. In a way, many of those things carried over quite consistently in SotC.

However, I made no apologies for the simplistic combat, even though I knew what purpose it served. ICO was a case for me where after it was over, it left quite the lasting impression on me... those feelings still linger. That game, for me, is about the small, personal moments. Conversely, with SotC, it was more about the amazing peaks that game was able to hit (even though it has its fair share of quiet magic).

I got the game yesterday, but i'm reticent to open it.

Should i return it to futureshop and get my 40 bucks back and wait for inevitable bomba pricing? or just crack it open now?

anddo0

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Just got it a few minutes ago. How far are you from where it shipped from?

location? where did it ship from?

I'm in NY which is near one of their shipping facilities. However, it seems that my copy shipped from Canada. I pre-ordered on the same day the $29.99 deal became available.

Takuya said:
Just picked up a copy at Game Buzz in Downtown Montreal....

It does have the reversible cover and all (I can see from outside of the packaging), but I'm not opening it until I get home! I went to Game Buzz because I knew that they sometimes sold the U.S. versions of games.

Argh! And I passed right by it...

(Did they get in Solatorobo, by chance?)

Top Bottom