• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Buh... they didn't talk about playing with Kula color palette. =/
I want them to do something original with Kula and not just... different colors...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
Buh... they didn't talk about playing with Kula color palette. =/
I want them to do something original with Kula and not just... different colors...

She has an Iori-based color palette that removes the shine from her hair (making it look much heavier and emo in the process), and an all-ice-body color, basically making her appear like her "pre-defrosting intro" pose in pass KoFs.

Personally, I wanna see more variation on Maxima's colors as well... and this really is becoming a game where I wouldn't mind some unique color palette DLC for... especially if they get as creative as Yuri, Raiden, and CAMMO PANTS! Ralf.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
She has an Iori-based color palette that removes the shine from her hair (making it look much heavier and emo in the process), and an all-ice-body color, basically making her appear like her "pre-defrosting intro" pose in pass KoFs.

Personally, I wanna see more variation on Maxima's colors as well... and this really is becoming a game where I wouldn't mind some unique color palette DLC for... especially if they get as creative as Yuri, Raiden, and CAMMO PANTS! Ralf.

Yeah, I mean those are nice and all... but I wanted something that will make Kula clothe look different, like that Sprite I showed before. I mean Yuri and Raiden are the best examples of those, Ralf Cammo pants are just amazing. Even K got something original! Maxima gets the no shirt below the Jacket, Kula needs something interesting too!

Oh and thanks for the mentioning on the K team post! :lol

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
Yeah, I mean those are nice and all... but I wanted something that will make Kula clothe look different, like that Sprite I showed before. I mean Yuri and Raiden are the best examples of those, Ralf Cammo pants are just amazing. Even K got something original! Maxima gets the no shirt below the Jacket, Kula needs something interesting too!

Oh and thanks for the mentioning on the K team post! :lol

-nod- That "Ice body" color doesn't seem to be one they had in the original Team K' color vids, I bet we'll be assaulted with a bunch of crazy different colors come arcade release. (Yet watch everyone keep on using the "black and red" and "white and blue" of the bunch regardless...)

They must have LOADS of unused colors produced by now... Maxima has like one color with his jacket and pants different colors... he needs a Robot army throwback color! The ability to give K' a different color pants leg could lead to quite a few original designs... I personally would like to see Mai get some floral details on her outfit, as Ralf got camo... Someone needs some Kasumi Todoh colors somewhere... Leona could use a Whip color Palette...There's just so much that COULD be possible!

Anywho, last Tech Refs, and last Special episode, coming up in a few hours! I'm gonna miss these things, lol. It's been a fun ride. Still wanna see a "Elixir Buffed" Hwa Jai, I now have to wonder if drink buffed moves for him will be original versions (Huge attack effects and damage, but no multi-combo hit ability) or just a version of the moves with spit and tounge sticking out... it's such a mystery!

Looking forward to seeing Maxima today... now predict Maxima Press -> HD cancel into EX dp+k!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:
Let me see... ok I uploaded it so you can see it: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/DarKaoZ/maicurve.png

I found it odd when I first saw it.

Hmmm, maybe so. I guess it wouldn't just be shadow for the sake of making her legs look more rounded or anything. Wouldn't be impossible to image that with a bit of tweaking, they could add on some details (similiar to adding the moon to Iori's back.)

Final Episode of Toppu O Tougeki! or something, now here!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNDfbWosv1o

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jHgHypau0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBJCsCsBIY

The Final Tech Refs: Team K'!:D

Countdown Site has updated: New Tougeki special episode coming next Tuesday!

Wow did they improve Kula's animation (compared to the website sprite).

You can see in one of the first parts of her tech video, how she calmly closes her eyes in her stance, on occassion, now.

It was also a bit hard to tell, but you can also see her recovering from her old "yawning" idle animation in the very beginning of her Lay Spin EX exibition.

She also occassional forgoes the eye blinking, and instead clasp her fingers into fist, while slightly moving her arms...

Beyond the wonders of Kulimation, Techs where very solid here. Maxima can you his DP+K and "FADC" it to get people into their air, before a vapor cannon? That's some comedy right there, talk about new tricks. And his EXDM is actually very cool! More than I expected. EX dp+K also does very solid, DM-worthy damage.

I'm sure everyone else will be happy to speak about K' and Kula in depth, I'll just hold the Maxima front, heh. I really like what they've done with him, as you can tell; he looks to have become the obvious de-facto "WHEN I HIT YOU... IT HURTS!"-style powerhouse of the game, and him combos are simple, but PAINFUL. A nice change from all the crazy stuff people like Kyo or K' will be pulling off.

Hmm. In the AimTou vid, Duo's outfit is wonderfully plain! XD No crazy dragon embrodiery there; A plain black jacket, golden trim, red interior, very pale skin, bright hair... someone wants to be Alucard...

More details: Sometimes, Diana comes out first, when Kula does her NM. At other times, Foxy leads the charge. Nice subtle change of animations.

i'm hyped for this and kof 2k2 on Live, It was sopposed to come out spring. Where the hell is it? I want my online multiplayer. Taking soo long.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
SAB CA said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jHgHypau0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBJCsCsBIY

The Final Tech Refs: Team K'!:D

Countdown Site has updated: New Tougeki special episode coming next Tuesday!

Wow did they improve Kula's animation (compared to the website sprite).

You can see in one of the first parts of her tech video, how she calmly closes her eyes in her stance, on occassion, now.

It was also a bit hard to tell, but you can also see her recovering from her old "yawning" idle animation in the very beginning of her Lay Spin EX exibition.

She also occassional forgoes the eye blinking, and instead clasp her fingers into fist, while slightly moving her arms...

Beyond the wonders of Kulimation, Techs where very solid here. Maxima can you his DP+K and "FADC" it to get people into their air, before a vapor cannon? That's some comedy right there, talk about new tricks. And his EXDM is actually very cool! More than I expected. EX dp+K also does very solid, DM-worthy damage.

I'm sure everyone else will be happy to speak about K' and Kula in depth, I'll just hold the Maxima front, heh. I really like what they've done with him, as you can tell; he looks to have become the obvious de-facto "WHEN I HIT YOU... IT HURTS!"-style powerhouse of the game, and him combos are simple, but PAINFUL. A nice change from all the crazy stuff people like Kyo or K' will be pulling off.

Hmm. In the AimTou vid, Duo's outfit is wonderfully plain! XD No crazy dragon embrodiery there; A plain black jacket, golden trim, red interior, very pale skin, bright hair... someone wants to be Alucard...

More details: Sometimes, Diana comes out first, when Kula does her NM. At other times, Foxy leads the charge. Nice subtle change of animations.

I'll kinda miss the old Maxima. I'd rather have seen Kula reworked. Maxima rework could be interesting though- I'd give it a shot.

Kula has always been one of the more boring KOF chars to me. She feels overpowered, yet underdeveloped at the same time.

I do like Freeze Execution as a Neomax (just not as a regular DM)- she should be a Super Ray Spin or something for her 2nd DM. Also did Kula's crouching normals change? I hate how she has 3 crouching kicks- it's lazy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
arstal said:
I'll kinda miss the old Maxima. I'd rather have seen Kula reworked. Maxima rework could be interesting though- I'd give it a shot.

Kula has always been one of the more boring KOF chars to me. She feels overpowered, yet underdeveloped at the same time.

I do like Freeze Execution as a Neomax (just not as a regular DM)- she should be a Super Ray Spin or something for her 2nd DM. Also did Kula's crouching normals change? I hate how she has 3 crouching kicks- it's lazy.

All I'll miss of old Maxima are "Maxima Revenger!" and "Mongolian!", but he just looks like a better realized character now... his tech seems to fit into his moves better, making him feel less like "the guy with some cannon gauntlets". Also, hated that old dash throw of his too (at least in XI... where he could whiff the final part for... no good reason? It just seemed too goofy.) Maxima Scramble was cool (kinda Abel-like, really), but I'll give up that speed move, in order to get more power and guardpoint moves anyday.

Kula... hmm. I think it's just the "Marvel Vs Capcom Normals" getting to ya! :lol And the "assist heavy" side.

The Neomax and DM thing is pretty weird; it makes her portion of the Neomax less impressive. I'm glad she has a 2nd DM though, I always felt like Ice Pillar on it's own was just a lame Power (Ice) Geyser. I have to admit though, I like the fact that her DMs have almost nothing to do with her own moves; they're not amped up verrsions of anything, they're unique.

She also still seems to have the 3 kicks, but I can't see how having that is "lazy" (Not like they reuse animation frames); it just seems like it gives her better range than if she did a default punch. And one less attack where she uses something like an ice spike or something.

I'm glad her original designer is still with SNKP. I imagine anyone else would have made her more GothLoli-creepy by now, and she would have lost alot of the childish innocence that she has. I'd hate for her to become another Rachel Alucard!

CadetMahoney said:
i'm hyped for this and kof 2k2 on Live, It was sopposed to come out spring. Where the hell is it? I want my online multiplayer. Taking soo long.

I know how you feel... I REALLY wanna be able to play 2002UM already, but at the same time... I wonder if releasing it now would interfere with XIII's launch? Probably not... It would be nice, next Wed, 7/14, right before Summer Of Arcade... Japan gets to play XIII, we get to play 2002UM... at least it would help calm the sting... and 2002UM would actually be a decent training ground for HD combos and such...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You better buy some new socks 'cuz KOFXIII gonna blow 'em

Korigama

arstal said:

arstal
Infinite Whine Combo
(Today, 08:16 AM)
Reply | Quote

She's fine as is (if I don't care for how someone plays, which applies to plenty of fighters in KoF, I don't bother complaining about them and just focus on someone else instead). I wouldn't normally make a point of this, but you've constantly gone on and on about it when we already know you aren't satisfied (in respect to both her gameplay and her design remaining the same).

To answer the last thing you asked, though, she's always had three kicks for her crouching normals, none of which are alike in use or appearance (not seeing the lazy part). It just wasn't until now, however, that crouching A could be reliably comboed into all that much.

SAB CA said:
I'm glad her original designer is still with SNKP. I imagine anyone else would have made her more GothLoli-creepy by now, and she would have lost alot of the childish innocence that she has. I'd hate for her to become another Rachel Alucard!

To be honest, I also think they would've missed the point if her original designer wasn't still there (more goth, less genki girl).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
I only wish Kula had her air fireball back, or something in which they use the Snow flake or what ever its called. I though it was damn original and awesome to have that in XI. But it seems they aren't going to use it on XIII. =(

Anyways, man it sucks that there won't be any more TECH REF videos, they were good. But then again we have only 5 more days for KOF13 arcade release! I will be so jealous for the people who will be able to play it.

tzare

KOF needs to bring back Laurence in homage to Spain's football team :D

Can't wait to listen/read impressions from arcade players. Hopefully SNK's effort will deliver this time.

Korigama

-DarKaoZ- said:
I only wish Kula had her air fireball back, or something in which they use the Snow flake or what ever its called. I though it was damn original and awesome to have that in XI. But it seems they aren't going to use it on XIII. =(

I think her new jumping CD uses the same kick from that move, but it is too bad they didn't bring back Diamond Shoot (air snowflake) and make it better. Come to think of it, though, didn't they leave out K's air fireball too?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Korigama said:
I think her new jumping CD uses the same kick from that move, but it is too bad they didn't bring back Diamond Shoot (air snowflake) and make it better. Come to think of it, though, didn't they leave out K's air fireball too?

-nod- Does anyone else have an aerial fireball in this game now, other than Yur-- well, ok, Leona's X-Calibur almost fits.

I like the fact they kept the motion for her aerial CD, seems to work well, kinda like Andy's. I always felt the fireball kinda... ruined my flow with Kula in XI, but it could have been a sweet Aerial HD cancel move. I'd only want K's air fireball, if they gave him his f+D jumping knee...

I'm pretty happy with the move selections, though, TBH. Seeing Clark's Tech Ref, I'm even happy with what HE has. They've done quite a job making characters with good themes to their attack and playability, and I can see how a lot of the "missing" moves would have diluted the unique-ness of the overall cast. (especially with EX moves, too!)

Korigama

SAB CA said:
-nod- Does anyone else have an aerial fireball in this game now, other than Yur-- well, ok, Leona's X-Calibur almost fits.

I think King can use Venom Strike in mid-air now. Can't think of any others, though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Korigama said:
I think King can use Venom Strike in mid-air now. Can't think of any others, though.

Doh, good point! I guess I was just thinking about "downward aiming fireballs". I like King's air Venom Strikes so far, too... reminds me of SFII Rainbow edition stuff!

But in a good "this looks fun to use!" way, and not a "I dragon'punched and shot 9 sonic booms at the same time!" broken way. The way you can use them to push her back after a Tornado Kick actually looks pretty smooth...

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
K and Psycho Soldiers Team Dialogs are translated. They are only missing Elizabeth team so far, unless they plan to have Ash talking to himself or something. :lol

Again thanks to www.speksnk.org for the translations and here it is, enjoy! :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Aww, Kura wants an Ice Cream party! :lol: Casual chatter between Team K' makes me think of the Pachislot games...

Kensou saying something like "Flutter like a Dragon"... yeah, that's awkward enough for him. I guess the only dragons Chin knows of are the Chinese New Year variety...

G-Fex

Oooh K' is the one with attitude.

Oh and I found the real life Kula.

7Yb12.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kula, you look just a bit older than I'd expect! This is not a bad thing.

Heh, endorsing this picture will bring on discussion of KoF Cosplay. And then someone will have to post THAT Ash cosplay picture...

K
otak
u had a nice KoF cosplay group pic up the other day as well...

SAB CA said:
I know how you feel... I REALLY wanna be able to play 2002UM already, but at the same time... I wonder if releasing it now would interfere with XIII's launch? Probably not... It would be nice, next Wed, 7/14, right before Summer Of Arcade... Japan gets to play XIII, we get to play 2002UM... at least it would help calm the sting... and 2002UM would actually be a decent training ground for HD combos and such...

I just hope they don't drop a bombshell and say it's delayed for another 4 months or not coming at all. . . this and 13 is like, the only snk games that I have no doubt will play to get good at. . . they better not ruin my plans.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
CadetMahoney said:
I just hope they don't drop a bombshell and say it's delayed for another 4 months or not coming at all. . . this and 13 is like, the only snk games that I have no doubt will play to get good at. . . they better not ruin my plans.

Hopefully KOF2002UMTougeki (long name :lol ) has NGBC netcode, that would be kickass! Man is a good time to be a KOF fan. :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm not worrying about the possibility of them cancelling 2k2UM:TouED, they haven't cancelled an XBLA release yet. As far as it getting pushed back? Yeah, I could imagine the Summer of Arcade stuff causing UM and Skystage to come out close to each other. It'd be annoying to wait, but bearable...

Watching Evo on-and-off today... man I hope XIII tourneys have some interesting teams. Watching Rufus isn't really all that fun anymore on IV, and even when some of the "lower tier" characters are played by the more advanced people, their tools can turn up looking so poor... I've seen so many magical mashed dragons and unreasonable throw reversals off the oddest things!

I think I particularly liked watching AAA.Kayane's Chun Li, because her strong normal game and Hazanshu-fireball hopping really felt KoF-ish, heh heh.

KoF is on your brain too much, when you start noticing similiar animations between Maxima's far Stand D VS Abel's f+M, comparing Duo Lon combos to similiar Dhalsim ones, and wishing every FADC SRK-> Metsu Hadouken was actually a Kouhou -> DC Hien Shippu'kyaku -> Zanretsuken/Ryuuko Ranbu combo instead (more interesting to watch!)

Who ever ends up publishing XIII in the US, I hope they take tips from SNKP's Japanese promotion, it's really felt quite awesome. Magazine spreads, unique artwork, multiple mini-tornaments, a few events that let the game get into consumer hands early, daily video specials... it has all been incredibly satisfying.

Wonder if a company could like... buy out Gamestop's demo Kiosk for a month or 2, and just let the awesome gameplay pull in the players... :lol Or demand/sponsor a pre-release demo, even if SNKP wasn't planning one...

hxa155

SAB CA said:
Kula, you look just a bit older than I'd expect! This is not a bad thing.

Heh, endorsing this picture will bring on discussion of KoF Cosplay. And then someone will have to post THAT Ash cosplay picture...

K
otak
u had a nice KoF cosplay group pic up the other day as well...

im now curious to see that

Finaika

-DarKaoZ- said:
K and Psycho Soldiers Team Dialogs are translated. They are only missing Elizabeth team so far, unless they plan to have Ash talking to himself or something. :lol

Again thanks to www.speksnk.org for the translations and here it is, enjoy! :D

Dragons have wings.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
-DarKaoZ- said:
Not in Asian Mythology it seems. :lol

I can't wait to see that intro in action, I still remember that Japanese loketester saying that the Intro was amazing. I can't wait to see it! :D

Maybe Kensou's an American Dragon?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
arstal said:
Maybe Kensou's an American Dragon?

That would be interesting if he imagined himself as a European Dragon.

But as Athena is mentioning, I think Chin is just finding stuff to make fun of Kensou, specially after what happen on Psycho Soldier story. :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
arstal said:
Yeah, Hiroaki is by far my favorite of the SNK artists.

IIRC Hiroaki is a free loaner or something like that, I know he has done work for other games that aren't SNKP related. Unless I have my information wrong.

But yeah, he is known for this SNKP work the most, he has some really dynamic poses with some great shading, but where he exceeds are in the covers/posers, they are so awesome. I haven't seen a better fighting game cover than the KOF Orochi Saga US cover, god... that is amazing.

orochi01_psp.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, who did the character portraits for XII and XIII? Is it Nona? Talk about getting worlds better than the 2001 days.

Yet Ogura also has a hand in a lot of this as well, right? I keep seeing Ogura-looking works with Nona's name all over them, on the net... so without greater japanese reading ability, I don't feel like I'm getting the full story.

Ogura seems to have a fantastic balance of anime-ish cuteness for the ladies, and yet serious, masculine faces for the men, along with very strong looking musculature.

I like all the art Hiroaki has done quite a lot (Especially with the Advance Wars and SSFIV title screen images, and 2002UM victory portraits), though I think he makes characters like Kyo a bit too soft looking for my taste.

Anywho, one extra thing of note within those Dengeki pics; I like getting to see more of Leona's "Slash Saber" DM. Looks like it has a traditional Rebel Spark-style ending to it, which makes it even cooler! I wonder what the chances are, of it having anywhere juggle similiar to Elisabeth's Grand Rafale?

SO MANY CHARACTERS that I wanna play in this game... :lol

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
I like all the art Hiroaki has done quite a lot (Especially with the Advance Wars and SSFIV title screen images, and 2002UM victory portraits), though I think he makes characters like Kyo a bit too soft looking for my taste.

Wait what? Hiroaki is responsible of SSF4 menu art? That is new to me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
-DarKaoZ- said:

It's bad that the only reference I have (other than my own eyes) is one of Fersis proclaiming Hiroaki love on like... page 379 of the SSFIV uberthread, lol. I remember there being some JP page (or capcom unity, maybe) speaking about the screens, that I believe gave him credit, but I can't find it anywhere... (-_-; )

I know my first reaction upon seeing them, was along the lines of "Man, why is Capcom using another SNK artist?" XD Made me think instantly of the NGBC cover artwork... Along with Shinkiro doing VS. series artwork (And Resident Evil Dead Aim cover), it all just feels a bit odd, thinking back to 90s artist/company traditions... SNKP needs to kidnap BENGUS or something...

Korigama

SAB CA said:
So, who did the character portraits for XII and XIII? Is it Nona? Talk about getting worlds better than the 2001 days.

Yet Ogura also has a hand in a lot of this as well, right? I keep seeing Ogura-looking works with Nona's name all over them, on the net... so without greater japanese reading ability, I don't feel like I'm getting the full story.

The portraits (promotional and victory illustrations) = Ogura. The pre-fight dialogue illustrations look like Nona's work, though.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
-DarKaoZ- said:
Yup and Shinkiro is doing MvC3 Promotional art.
Shinkiro is a free lancer, he works for several companies Capcom and SNK are among them.

Shinkiro is also my favorite SNK/P artist.
Nona did the dialogue artwork and Ogura the character portraits ,promotional and victory artworks.

SAB CA said:
It's bad that the only reference I have (other than my own eyes) is one of Fersis proclaiming Hiroaki love on like... page 379 of the SSFIV uberthread, lol. I remember there being some JP page (or capcom unity, maybe) speaking about the screens, that I believe gave him credit, but I can't find it anywhere... (-_-; )

I know my first reaction upon seeing them, was along the lines of "Man, why is Capcom using another SNK artist?" XD Made me think instantly of the NGBC cover artwork... Along with Shinkiro doing VS. series artwork (And Resident Evil Dead Aim cover), it all just feels a bit odd, thinking back to 90s artist/company traditions... SNKP needs to kidnap BENGUS or something...
Hiroaki + Fersis + Love in the same sentence? Yup it seems true.

Fersis

Remember kids Hwa is not drunk! His drink has not alcohol in it. :lol

Fersis said:
Shinkiro is also my favorite SNK/P artist.
Nona did the dialogue artwork and Ogura the character portraits ,promotional and victory artworks.

yea, nobody can touch shinkiro. he came up with so many great fighting game designs and his improvements over the years are amazing too.

Gandara

Just watched the Kula neomax video and noticed that Diana and Foxy say "Dance like a butterfly, Sting like a bee" (Cho no you ni mai, Hachi no you ni sasu 蝶のように舞、蜂のように刺す). I was wondering why a butterfly and a bee image showed up when they were disappearing...

Just love the little details in this game.

Akainu

Augemitbutter said:
yea, nobody can touch shinkiro. he came up with so many great fighting game designs and his improvements over the years are amazing too.
Bah all his characters in that realistic style he does look the same.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
CcrooK said:
Now, SNK needs to get their game to EVO Japan for full exposure.

Oh yes, I really want to see KOF game in EVO, I hope they appear in EVO Japan and then in US EVO Next Year. The game might be out for consoles by then most likely.

Akainu said:

Shinkiro has never been a guy who does great dynamic poses, that is his weakness. But his coloring and shadings are amazing and they work for daily life poses well. I would love to see a art combining both Hiroaki dynamic poses + Shinkiro coloring/shading. The art would be quite nice to see.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Korigama said:
The portraits (promotional and victory illustrations) = Ogura. The pre-fight dialogue illustrations look like Nona's work, though.

Hmm, that's what I suspected. Ogura feels like a worthy successor to Shinkiro, but with a bit more life and style to his work, so I enjoy that for the promo works. Nona has a great style for cinematics and such, though, and really seems to be able to eke out the emotions for each character well... even if I do find some of those chins dangerously pointy!

Fersis said:
Hiroaki + Fersis + Love in the same sentence? Yup it seems true.

It was months back, yet I clearly remembered your strong affections from that post! :lol Was a nice "oh, it's not just me!" moment.

Gandara said:
Just watched the Kula neomax video and noticed that Diana and Foxy say "Dance like a butterfly, Sting like a bee" (Cho no you ni mai, Hachi no you ni sasu 蝶のように舞、蜂のように刺す). I was wondering why a butterfly and a bee image showed up when they were disappearing...

Just love the little details in this game.

Heh heh, I was wondering, because it seemed like the absolute perfect setup for the line. Does Kula herself say anything to carry on the idea?

Akainu said:

He's improved a hell of a lot now, though. His Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and Marve Vs Capcom 3 stuff have a very unique look compared to his older SNK stuff, and I find it very impressive that he can get such dynamic coloring to work with rather realistic looking characters. I'll always hold a special respect for his style, since that's obviously what's inspired KoF's original look in the first place.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Oh yes, I really want to see KOF game in EVO, I hope they appear in EVO Japan and then in US EVO Next Year. The game might be out for consoles by then most likely.

Already posed this question in the Evo thread, lol. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22346657&postcount=9426

Shinkiro has never been a guy who does great dynamic poses, that is his weakness. But his coloring and shadings are amazing and they work for daily life poses well. I would love to see a art combining both Hiroaki dynamic poses + Shinkiro coloring/shading. The art would be quite nice to see.

I remember seeing Shinkiro using muscle mags and such when drawing his artwork, though I also think I once remember him mentioning the use of 3D model software in more recent years (this was like... and interview in the back of a SF udon comic.) His Maaah-vel stuff does seem a bit more explosive than his oldest works. It really would be something to see them collaborate on a piece, however. Just as SquareEnix always gets Amano to make a title image for EVERY Final Fantasy, it'd be cool for SNKP to bring back Shinkuro for at least one piece of art, ever KoF game...

EDIT: Well, here on monday, we did at least get some kinda info. Stuff relating to SBO (google translate is kinda nice for this one):

SBO Schedule and Stores

Would that also be a list of arcade that are officially getting the machine, in a way? If so... that looks pretty nice.

Blog Update HERE as well.

From what I can gather, this is the event that becomes tomorrow's "Aim Tougeki! Crash fierce storm-Ichiki Mitsuhiro extra edition =" video episode.

Top Bottom