• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Multiplayer Discussion Thread

Kard8p3

yeah that was so much fun - we did really great.

i didn't even realize it's so late in america lol.. it's 12:30 lunch time here :)

Oh wow! I didn't know it was so early for you, lol! We definitely need to play again later if you want!

Also, guys I found out something awesome about the first aid level 2 perk. You know how you can heal your team mates, and it gives you what, 20 parts every few seconds? Well it also gives you 1 thing of supplies every 4 or 4.5 seconds. My mind was blown when I saw that.

Raxus

Wow, getting punished for other people's disconnects really hurt.
Went from about 55 healthy to 13 healthy, 29 hungry, 13 sick. And lost a mission day.
ND, fix this shit.
It sucks but you can always quit out before survivors are tallied.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Getting into it a bit more now but I can't help but feel that matchmaking is a bit unbalanced

a team of 2 level 0s, a level 1 and a level 4 vs a lvl 11, 13, 20 and a 6 is just unfair

Kard8p3

Getting into it a bit more now but I can't help but feel that matchmaking is a bit unbalanced

a team of 2 level 0s, a level 1 and a level 4 vs a lvl 11, 13, 20 and a 6 is just unfair

I'm fairly certain the numbers dont represent skill level.

Took a couple rounds for this to click, but it's so much fun, I'll be on majority of the day tomorrow psn is the same as on here.

Anyone with a mic shoot me request

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
ATTENTION

If someone needs a decent player just add me :eek:

I prefer tactical teamplay. my current level is 19* with 3.3 kdr

PSN: Caelsus
Timezone: GMT +2 (that doesnt really matter though)
Mic: hell yes
language: englisch, german

Alienous

Those metagame scenario's where a minimum of 20% of your survivors get killed are frustrating.

I'm at 73 people and I don't know if I could try as hard to keep them alive as I have this time around. I've got 4 weeks to go, and things are getting desperate. Once I get to around 80 survivors I have a hard time maintaining the amount of ... blue cans. I need 120 survivors before the end, and I'll have unlocked everything that needs to be unlocked.

This is tense. Any tips on how to always meet the requirement of ... blue cans? Most matches I seem to have just enough. If my populace quit inviting their cousins every time I brought home extra food, I could provide for the lot.

Balphon

Had 62 survivors, found Supply Raid lobby. Loading screen > kicked out > 0 survivors and clan died. What a garbage.

That metagame seems rather poorly thought out, especially given that the quickest way to "finish" it apparently involves immediately leaving 75% of the games you join.

I have decided to just go without a second weapon and use my revolver all the time. Then I have Covert Training 2 so I don't show up in listen mode and spawn with a shiv. I also use Crafter 3 so that for every 2 things I craft, I get a gift. I can routinely give 7 or 8 gifts a game, it's ridiculous. It gives me good part amounts too as well as helping the team. Then I have a few points left so I have brawler I think and the explosion perk. I think I am going to change up the last 2 perks a little.

So basically I just sneak around crafting for gifts and I use smoke to set up shivs. Has made the game pretty fun.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I'm fairly certain the numbers dont represent skill level.

Oh I know but higher level means better loadouts + more familiarity with the maps at least

Also how do you heal/gift other people?

Host left the match and now 12 of my survivors became sick and 33 are hungry. God fuckin damn I'm angry. ND really need to figure out an autosave stats feature like in COD's MP or get host migration in the game stat. Or at the very least not punish people for getting booted out of the game.

GAF Username: Love Deterrence
PSN ID: LoveDeterrence
Time zone: Central
Mic: PlayStation Eye Camera (I plan on purchasing a headset soon!)

I try to win every game I play, but I'm not going to be a jerk if you don't! I just want to enjoy my time with The Last of Us. However you decide to play is fine by me! Hope to see you all there!!

Tagg9

Host left the match and now 12 of my survivors became sick and 33 are hungry. God fuckin damn I'm angry. ND really need to figure out an autosave stats feature like in COD's MP or get host migration in the game stat. Or at the very least not punish people for getting booted out of the game.

It's weird because Uncharted 3 has host migration IIRC.

The_Monk

I really like the Multiplayer but you need to have a good team and players need to play together, helping each other.

It can be really fun or really frustrating. I don't like entering in a middle of a match already loosing a lot. Also it seems a really big pain that, if you lost all your clan members you have to start over from Week 1 (I believe, right?)

I'm not even caring a lot about the trophies, I just like to see progression in the Multiplayer.

By the way, how do I give, let's say, a bom to others, fellow GAFfers?

jediyoshi

Hasn't been the case for me. If ever I get DC or 'kicked', the match itself just hasn't counted towards anything and I get put right back into the MP menu. The clan stats for the day screen doesn't even pop up.

With a 4v4 cap the chances of running into a squad/clan are going to be a lot higher. Pretty much all I play with.

KAOz

Short bus special
Having a blast with this game. Can't wait to play some more.

Same here really. And damn dude, you where wrecking shit when all of us played.

Do hope we get to play together again. All of us.

Looking forward to play with more GAFfers aswell.

Matt_

Well that's fucked me off royally

I was mid shoot out when something pops up saying leaving game, and it just takes me back to the menu
No internet issues, no host connection issues, just took me out the game as I was shooting

So now the majority of my camp is sick/hungry + I was mid way through a raid that I won't be able to finish without having nearly half my camp die

Shit sucks.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... I played this for a while today with some gaffers / decent randoms. I think we won every match, maybe lost one, but we had a good 10 win streak or something like that in supply raid. I unlocked the clan trophy and feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. Here are my thoughts:

The "vote map" 40 SECOND TIMER needs to die in a fire. What a waste of damn time. Just put the damn maps on rotation and save everyone 15-20 mins of their life each session.

The meta game is retarded and designed to punish people who actually care about it.

I don't like boosters and despise the wallhack. I abused the shit out of it all day. People who say it isn't OP either aren't good enough to exploit it or they're bullshitting, imo.

If they don't release a no booster mode / no Listen Mode... I will never play another second of this game. The core game is fun, but all the gamey bullshit the layered onto it is the opposite of fun. They need a purist mode, and it needs to be free.

I'm done with it otherwise.

Same here really. And damn dude, you where wrecking shit when all of us played.

Do hope we get to play together again. All of us.

Looking forward to play with more GAFfers aswell.

Really good games, perfect teamwork and 100% fun.
After you guys leave I'd continued to play with some other GAFfers and we Did very well too.

Feel free to add me any time guys

CRAZY_SPIRIT
No Mic.
GMT+1.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
So... I played this for a while today with some gaffers / decent randoms. I think we won every match, maybe lost one, but we had a good 10 win streak or something like that in supply raid. I unlocked the clan trophy and feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. Here are my thoughts:

The "vote map" 40 SECOND TIMER needs to die in a fire. What a waste of damn time. Just put the damn maps on rotation and save everyone 15-20 mins of their life each session.

The meta game is retarded and designed to punish people who actually care about it.

I don't like boosters and despise the wallhack. I abused the shit out of it all day. People who say it isn't OP either aren't good enough to exploit it or they're bullshitting, imo.

If they don't release a no booster mode / no Listen Mode... I will never play another second of this game. The core game is fun, but all the gamey bullshit the layered onto it is the opposite of fun. They need a purist mode, and it needs to be free.

you-mad.gif

EDIT: I dont think it's that bad lol. Its not a wallhack but one of the main features of the actual story mode. But I agree with you about the other points

GAF: VisceralBowl
PSN: surhaj
Zone: Pacific
No Mic
I play whenever I can, and I play to win

Still figuring out how the game works in MP but I have got a pretty good grasp of it.

jimi_dini

Sounds like Uncharted 2+3 multiplayer :/ Naughty Dog is unable to implement a proper matchmaking system. Are there parties (of 5) as well? Those ruined both U2 and U3 multiplayer.

demonkaze

Really good games, perfect teamwork and 100% fun.
After you guys leave I'd continued to play with some other GAFfers and we Did very well too.

Feel free to add me any time guys

CRAZY_SPIRIT
No Mic.
GMT+1.

Yeah was good playing with you, great games. I'm ChronosTear by the way.

I watched a multiplayer match a channel belonging to a dude that works for Edge, and dug what i saw..

This game is begging for a horde mode, or a mode where you and your crew try to infiltrate or steal supplies and food from government encampments and get out alive, I can't play multiplayer versus other people because I'm not competitive, but I learned through playing defiance, that I like fighting side by side with strangers, helping noobs along the way, and killing a lot of things for the greater good..I hope they have dlc that addresses this :(

yeah..no. Wallhacks and boosters don't matter when really good teamwork is what's OP at the end of the day.

Alienous

Ok, who's playing right now? 2 people just died of hunger, and I can't have that happening.

If you are playing, and you need an extra player, just add me. Msharingan on PSN.

Anyone else get some socom vibes from this? With a good squad I can see this being a time sink, really fun core gameplay

To me it feels like the original MGO. Lots of sneaking that is really effective. Strong but not overpowered melee. Peaking around corners and over boxes. The movement vs accuracy, in MGO you could only shoot while running if you used the auto aim, which was purposely fairly poor. Or you could stop moving and aim in first person and be much more effective. It caused for some good tension in battle and while the last of us different the aiming penalty for movement has a similar effect.

GAF name: Losermakesgood
Psn: zerostrife
US EST
Have a mic

I've been doing pretty good with ransoms so far, but I have mouths to feed.

Raxus

I should be on later tonight. Have to eat dinner and put kids to bed, then it's time to go hunting for some fireflies.

Funny you should say this. I joined the fireflies D:

I have to take a break for an hour so I figure I will discuss the multiplayer. I agree the listen mode is pretty mean but once you get covert ops 2 you will never have to worry about it again. If anything covert ops makes you bolder to run to get to positions faster since you will quickly disappear on their listen mode.

Covert ops is a staple in all my builds. So is revolver unless I have points to spare to get the silenced pistol.

Strategist is rather useless until you get level 3 and marksman is likewise if you go up against a team of covert ops 3.

Explosives expert, revive, and marathon runner are all great early on and I still use them late into the game (I am on week 9)

Hunting rifle is very situational which is a shame since I really like the weapon but in most maps you are dead if they get a surprise attack on you.

Top Bottom