• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

The weapons in this game are balanced very well. Even the new DLC weapons. It's impressive.

I would say maybe the only OP weapon is the enforcer. And I'm hesitant to even say that.

There's lots of stuff ND missed on, but weapon balance is pretty damn good. I would love for them to release some more weapon skins. Basically weapons that have the same performance, but look cool. Like some WWII era weapons, and cool modern weapons. But keep the stats basically the same as existing weapons, So people don't cry about it.

I would love for mollies and bombs to get nerfed to hell. Probably won't ever happen, but I think it'd change the game for the better.

And I want bricks and bottles to occasionally come out of supply boxes. I miss the environmental melee kills. I can understand why they didn't do them in mp, but I bet they would work if you had to stun an opponent first. So if you stunned them with a b/b throw, you could set up the running melee. And as a distraction, a b/b throw would show up on the radar.

Speaking of melee, this game desperately needs a little more depth in hand to hand. Giving a counter would do wonders. Letting players holding melee weapons block (degrading the weapon each time) would be a good start. And melee should cost stamina. Brawler users would have a stamina buff.

I'm disappointed with paid weapons.

It's like they can't make them powerful enough to be unbalanced, but weak enough to be worthless. Enforcer seems like a really solid gun, but paying for it sours it for me. However, costing 1 loadout point seems to be a fair tradeoff.

I actually wish weapons like the grenade launcher were more effective against groups of enemies, as the weapon is unique in that role. But it seems it can't ever be that way, or else the game will feel like pay to win.

I continue not to have too big of an issue with mollies, but I can understand the frustration of getting downed by one instantly. However, I actually find them to be fair for the most part. They take a good number of resources, resources that could go to health kits (which are plentiful as is) and melee upgrades. I think molotov gifting may be an instance of earning them unfairly, but that comes to random chance. Perhaps they can make it a bit more difficult to get molotovs by gifts.

I like the idea of bricks and bottles in the multiplayer, but I feel the lock on would detract from the game's focus on skill. You would have instances where bricks and bottles are thrown, stunning enemies in a manner that seems more effective than using smokes.

I actually do wish that they improved what happens when you're the last guy in a sudden death game. I feel the resources given are never good enough to give you a chance against a competent team. IMO, the machete should be removed from purchasables and made into a supply box item, and turned into a faster, 1 hit kill weapon with two chances to hit. I also wouldn't mind bricks and bottles appearing in this instance, where the last player is given unique items to have a fighting chance.

I think it would be a lot more fun for the enemy team to have to still use teamwork and stealth to find the last player, instead of rushing the shit out of him to finish him, which is what usually happens.

I think there are three areas for cosmetic DLC that ND really missed the boat on (and IMO, are better than buying lame hats and gestures):

-Melee DLC
-Special Execution DLC
-Character DLC

Melee DLC could have allowed one to buy fancier melee items that have the same effect as the 2x4 and an upgraded 2x4: Katanas, Samurai Swords, Baseball bats, Machetes, lead pipes, hatchet/axe, hammer, guitar...

I wouldn't want complicated things like stamina meters. However, it seems odd to me that they nerfed the crap out of the machete, when it could have been useful.

Special Executions are really fun to watch, and ND should have invested in making more animations to sell, as they seem more enticing than buying taunts. (Taunts were fun in Uncharted, but you rarely have time to use it in Last of Us).

And of course, Character DLC just makes sense. Who wouldn't want to play as Joel, Tess, David, Henry, Bill, Marlene, Maria, Robert, and Tommy? I know there's the metagame with Hunters v. Fireflies, but I don't think people care at this point.

Maybe if they charged for those kinds of cosmetics, weapons and perks could have been free/appropriately balanced.

Balance is great in this game, and if anything, there are things that are underpowered or not used: Machete, Flamethrower, Grenade Launcher, and the Full Auto Rifle are rarely used. I can probably imagine those weapons getting buffs that wouldn't take away from the balance, but that's easier said than done. Maybe they just aren't popular, but deadly in the right hands, but I'm thinking of experimenting with those weapons for fun.

Quick question I wonder if anyone can help,

I downloaded tlou on my us account but played it on my uk account it's now saying I need to download the maps to connect, if I download them through the USA account will they still be available for the uk one and therefore me be able to continue with the mp?

Thanks

Financial District is great. No Beach yet; impressions?

Alos had two people choose Bill's Town over a new map and you should have heard everyone screaming at them. lol

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Financial District is great. No Beach yet; impressions?

Alos had two people choose Bill's Town over a new map and you should have heard everyone screaming at them. lol

I like financial district from the one game I've played, also. I haven't gotten beach yet, either. :(

The variable rifle sucks, but the scoped semi is pretty sweet. I like it a lot.

I don't particularly like the variable, either.

The hunting rifle got a buff? What happened with it?

It had a buff on PS4 from the start. It got upgraded on PS3 with the latest update.

If you're playing on PS4, it didn't get another buff, which I assume is what you are thinking?

Anyways, it was a much needed buff. Hunter Rifle on the PS4 plays a very good role.

Naughty Dog did a great job keeping the weapons simple and balanced. I can't stress how happy I am that they knew when to keep it simple, especially after how awful UC3 was. I fully expected crazy gun combinations, mod unlocks, and all kinds of shitty grinding

Welp, there goes that. And that sucks about reset-- I know that the weeks does not equal skill, but I don't want anyone seeing 26 weeks and thinking I am good. They probably don't as I have not completed the missions, but I gave up on the metagame weeks ago.

Darknight

Damn it guys havent been on for so long. Gonna play tonight. Hope Terri and the other fellows play this weekend so I can catch up on what I've missed.

Jeramii

Banned
Oh my god. The game is so unstable now. This is really pissing me off. The game crashes for me or someone in my party every 10 minutes now.

RE: Stability. I got kicked out of a match for the update, but what I noticed the most are the collision issues: getting shot when I am fully behind a wall, or getting hung up on corners, other pieces of the environment.

How come the patches seem to make the game worse?

And one more annoyance: I understand crafting bombs and shit, but give us more fucking ammo!

The game has totally changed now due to the paid weapons imo and not for the better.

Totally unbalanced and overpowered, especially the Variable Rifle.

Not happy....

I also think the latest patch has made the already shitty tickrate even worse. Shot round corners galore...

RE: Stability. I got kicked out of a match for the update, but what I noticed the most are the collision issues: getting shot when I am fully behind a wall, or getting hung up on corners, other pieces of the environment.

It's pretty much a ND tradition at this point.

Gray Matter

The game has totally changed now due to the paid weapons imo and not for the better.

Totally unbalanced and overpowered, especially the Variable Rifle.

Not happy....

I also think the latest patch has made the already shitty tickrate even worse. Shot round corners galore...

Those are just scoped weapons, same damage and everything, just a little more accuracy. Nothing OP about that.

And one more annoyance: I understand crafting bombs and shit, but give us more fucking ammo!

Ugh, this is my biggest gripe with the MP. I've been downed so many times when I knew for a fact I was safely around the corner. Disappointing to know it's gotten worse.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What so paying for more accuracy is not more powerful than not?......

= ie overpowered imo.

It's balanced by the fact you're forced to go down scope. No quick TPV aiming... only exception is the variable rifle, which is a variable rifle. Kind of the point of that. And it's basically just a scoped enforcer that has a slower vanilla ROF and cost more to upgrade.

These weapons they've made are actually really balanced well.

Only played financial so far and it was really fun and a good addition. Could have played Beach too, but my lobby chose Depot instead. Annoying though that you boot the game up and have to download them whereas with a patch they would auto download.

ND has always been good with weapon balance IMO. It's been the boosters/perks that break the balance of the game. I'm pretty sure more players are using strategist, and there doesn't seem to be a counter for it. Covert has two though...

Gray Matter

ND has always been good with weapon balance IMO. It's been the boosters/perks that break the balance of the game. I'm pretty sure more players are using strategist, and there doesn't seem to be a counter for it. Covert has two though...

Yes. When it comes to the weapons I gotta say they are all even.

Superflat

The beach level is pretty great. Only played on it once, but it has sewer tunnels that you can go into, and there are high walls all over the exterior, making for some surprise encounters and tight face-offs. Enjoyed it a lot.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Loading into Beach for the first time, woohoo.

edit: Match was halfway over, boooo. It seemed pretty nice, though.

Egg0

Banned
Weird, Facebook profile pictures are showing up now. I've never seen it working til now. Wonder if that was part of the update.

Jinjo

Variable rifle is pretty sweet. It tends to work better up close than really long range though the scope does give you an advantage over long range. I prefer it over the enforcer, never been a big fan of that gun, the revolver is the best handgun still. And I've always preferred using primary over having a single enforcer. Ammo being the main problem, and getting scavenger or gunslinger costs way more than using a primary. Silenced scoped semi-auto is really amazing though, love it.

I think the Beach is a cool map,but it seems a little too big for 4 v. 4 match. Financial District was fun.

I seem to get wrecked by the Variable Rifle, if they get one shot on me, I can't steady my aim to recover.

Superflat

Four more weeks till plat.

FOUR MORE WEEKS

I think the Beach is a cool map,but it seems a little too big for 4 v. 4 match. Financial District was fun.

The beach map does seem pretty expansive but I like the windy, snaky paths. Wonder if it's actually bigger than the other maps.

really like the financial map, haven't played the beach yet. i really really wish the "pay to win" weaponw were at least unlockable with experience...even if it took a shit-ton of grinding. just give me a way to have those guns as an option in a custom loadout.

Not a fan of Beach at all. Pretty boring map, imo.

And I just rage-quit for the second time ever on this game. I hate doing it, but I couldn't stay on the game after such BS happened. I shot a guy FOUR times with my enforcer and he proceeds to swing his 2x4 twice and down me...despite the fact that every time I've tried to melee someone while being shot, the swing animation gets interrupted and I end up dying.

I hold my hands up every time someone gets the better with me, I have no problem with dying at the hands of people who are simply better than me...but BS inconsistencies like that piss me off.

And I'm sick and tired of being downed when I'm comfortably around cover.

Rant over. Time for some Metro Redux :D

zkorejo

So.. I downloaded and installed the patch. Then it says I MUST download the free maps... when i try... it says "cannot transfer the funds to your wallet".. and I cant even play the MP without wanting new maps. Is this happening to anyone else too?

wowlace

So.. I downloaded and installed the patch. Then it says I MUST download the free maps... when i try... it says "cannot transfer the funds to your wallet".. and I cant even play the MP without wanting new maps. Is this happening to anyone else too?

That's weird. No funds are needed. I'd contact nd support, something wrong there dude.

zkorejo

That's weird. No funds are needed. I'd contact nd support, something wrong there dude.

Yea.. and its not just me. There are alot of threads in TLOU official community page.

Apparently this error triggers which says "Funds can not be transferred" when you try to download something free for some people.

It started since the last update and there hasnt been a solution for it yet.

wowlace

Tlou mp and psn in general has been busted and buggy as f**# the past week. This is quite cruddy that peeps can't even access the mp because of 2 maps.

Top Bottom