• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Gray Matter

So that's the new DLC that was supposed to be announced at PSX?

Gotta say it's disappointing besides the crossbow, it looks badass.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love the lever-action rifle... that's cool as hell.

Mr Git

Bought a PS4 with this last week so should be getting back onto the multiplayer soon. Shame your progress doesn't carry on from the PS3, I'll have to unlock the bow again.

AKyemeni

Not again with this. Sigh.

It isn't gonna be any different with this new pack.

I've heard people call me a "pay2win scrub" for using the launcher, which is one of the least used purchaseables out there.

It's not pay to win unless it is very overpowered. I don't see any of the DLC weapons as overpowered.

Evolved1

They have been surprisingly good with the weapon drops. Some of them actually feel like a waste of money lol.

So yeah the enforcer is right on the cusp of OP.... but I generally prefer the revolver anyway. Spector is pretty much guaranteed kills, but so has the assault rifle always been. And they're both pretty expensive to keep ammo in. You only get 14 rounds and then the price goes up.

Honestly the last few days seems like the most complained about weapon is the purchasable shotgun. Have to listen to people arguing with each other about who is scrubs and all that over a shotgun that's always been in the game.

My guess for the weapons:

• Crossbow is a purchasable. It's a OHD. You get a very limited amount of bolts. Not sure if they'll let you retrieve your bolts.
  • Auto pistole will cost at least two loadout points.
  • Combat shotgun does less damage but has higher ROF than vanilla shotgun.
  • Repeater rifle will be the first truly OP weapon. It has to down in three or its existence is pointless. 4 to down would make it completely redundant, and if the ROF was less than the enforcer, and if it cost more to equip? lol. Pointless. This is the one I have my doubts about. Unless it has a really high ROF,,, or it's a purchasable, idk about this one.

I'm guessing the Frontier Rifle will be a 3-point Large Firearm. 2 shots to down like the Bow, but loud. Also does a little less damage than the Hunting Rifle (50 v. 70). On the upside, it's accurate as there's no delay and fires a little faster than the Bow.

Crossbow...I don't know. Something about the tip of the bolt seems off in that pic. Explosive attached?

Tactical Shotgun I'm guessing will be a 2-point Large Firearm. Damage same as Shorty/Double-Barrel (i.e. Cannot one-hit down), but has six shots in the tube and fires about as fast as the Semi-Auto.

Burst Pistol will deal 15 damage per shot, requiring 3 bursts to down and making it worse than the Burst Rifle on torso shots. It is also less accurate. However, it is roughly equal on headshots. 1-point.

...Oh, and the Hunting Rifle will be made a 3-point in a balance patch.

Evolved1

I'm guessing the Frontier Rifle will be a 3-point Large Firearm. 2 shots to down like the Bow, but loud. Also does a little less damage than the Hunting Rifle (50 v. 70). On the upside, it's accurate as there's no delay and fires a little faster than the Bow.

Crossbow...I don't know. Something about the tip of the bolt seems off in that pic. Explosive attached?

Tactical Shotgun I'm guessing will be a 2-point Large Firearm. Damage same as Shorty/Double-Barrel (i.e. Cannot one-hit down), but has six shots in the tube and fires about as fast as the Semi-Auto.

Burst Pistol will deal 15 damage per shot, requiring 3 bursts to down and making it worse than the Burst Rifle on torso shots. It is also less accurate. However, it is roughly equal on headshots. 1-point.

...Oh, and the Hunting Rifle will be made a 3-point in a balance patch.

Interesting thoughts.

Frontier rifle is what I'm most curious about. We'll know soon enough.

Åesop;141680560 said:
10492166_10203562963131786_8162505302178917273_n.jpg
Going through the link, cross-referencing with the image, and using a dictionary...

Lucky Strike, going off the JP page, should be Lucky Break (ラッキーブレイク). Don't know what that'll do. Improved loot from toolboxes? Exact location during Last Man Standing? Sounds better than Lucky Strike which sounds like random bonus damage though. :p
Several Expert should be Jack of All Trades (何でも屋). Do...everything slight faster for a high point cost?
The ???? is 瞬殺. This means INSTA-KILL. Headshots from anything kills opposed to Military Sniper? Modded 2x4s and Machetes for good measure? I don't know, but this one sounds dangerous. D:

Interesting thoughts.

Frontier rifle is what I'm most curious about. We'll know soon enough.
Yep. I'm going crazy as is. lol

AKyemeni

New Perks

Jack of All Trades
Level 1 – 5 LP
8 points worth of skills in one. Contains: Brawler 1 Covert Training 1 Sharp Ears 1 Strategist 1 Crafter 1
Level 2 – 10 LP
16 points worth of skills in one. Contains: Explosion Expert 1 Reviver 1 Brawler 1 Covert Training 1 Sharp Ears 1 Strategist 1 Crafter 1 First Aid Training 1 Scavenger 1 Second Chance 1

Lone Wolf

Level 1 – 2 LP

Lone Wolf activates when you are far from your teammates (or they are downed). When Lone Wolf is active you get: Agility 2, Sharpshooter 2, 50 bonus parts whenever you down or execute an enemy

Level 2 – 3 LP
Lone Wolf activates when you are far from your teammates (or they are downed). When Lone Wolf is active you get: Agility 2, Sharpshooter 2 Sharp Ears 3 100 bonus parts whenever you down or execute an enemy

Lucky Break

Level 1 – 2 LP
When you open a supply box, get: 50% more pistol ammo
Level 2 – 4 LP
When you open a supply box, get: 50% more pistol ammo, 25% more large firearm ammo, minimum of at least two crafting ingredients
Level 3 – 5 LP
When you open a supply box, get: 50% more pistol ammo, 25% more large firearm ammo, minimum of at least three crafting ingredients

Second Chance
Level 1 – 2 LP
Get a free health kit when you have none and have taken more than half damage from an enemy. Get 25% additional starting ammo after two or more consecutive deaths without getting a down or execution, up to a maximum of 50%.

Level 2 – 3 LP

Get a free health kit when you have none and have taken more than half damage from an enemy. Get 50% additional starting ammo and 25% cheaper armor after two or more consecutive deaths without getting a down or execution, up to a maximum of 100% additional ammo and 50% cheaper armor.
Lethal Efficiency

Level 1 – 2 LP
Do a faster, low-to-the-ground neck-snap when performing a Special Execution.
Level 2 – 3 LP
Do an even faster low-to-the-ground neck-snap when performing a Special Execution.

New Gestures
Game Over
Combat Formation
You're Done
Stretch
Evil Laugh
Intimidation
Dust Myself Off
I'm Watching You

NEW EXECUTIONS

NEW DLC Headgear
Viking Hat
Plague Mask
Smiley Mask
Outlaw Mask
Ski Googles
Broken Gas Mask
Urban Camo Helmet

Weapon details in this video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g50toKeQPmo

Evolved1

Frontier rifle is 2 hit down with faster ROF than the hunting rifle. 2LPs.

LOL.

I'm going to abuse the fuck out of this until they patch it. hahaha

I have basically been watnting a hunting rifle without the scope forever, but it'd be too OP, and here they kind of just gave it to me. Only better.

AKyemeni

Frontier rifle is 2 hit down with faster ROF than the hunting rifle. 2LPs.

LOL.

I'm going to abuse the fuck out of this until they patch it. hahaha

I have basically been watnting a hunting rifle without the scope forever, but it'd be too OP, and here they kind of just gave it to me. Only better.
But the HR will still be superior (for me, at least) because of one thing: Instant Headshot downs.

The frontier rifle does 92% on a headshot.

And the burst pistol sounds like trash.

Evolved1

But the HR will still be superior (for me, at least) because of one thing: Instant Headshot downs.

The frontier rifle does 92% on a headshot.

And the burst pistol sounds like trash.

Yeah, that's the one thing about the FR that's keeping it from being super OP.

Still, have a feeling I'll be cleaning up with it.

Bleed-out mechanic on the crossbow is interesting. And contextual perks is something out of left field. Still not sure how I feel about that.

AKyemeni

Yeah, that's the one thing about the FR that's keeping it from being super OP.

Still, have a feeling I'll be cleaning up with it.

Bleed-out mechanic on the crossbow is interesting. And contextual perks is something out of left field. Still not sure how I feel about that.
I want to know if the special execution perk works in Interrogation.

Evolved1

Is TLoU MP panel going to be streaming anywhere? Seems like it's scheduled for 10pm EST.

I want to watch it.

wowlace

One hit from crossbow and you start bleeding ! Without healthkit you get downed and die !
Also the attacker can see you after he hits you (you're marked).

martin.gif

What were they thinking..... This sounds like the most frustrating OP weapon ever in TLOU.

Hopefully it's hell expensive.

AKyemeni

One hit from crossbow and you start bleeding ! Without healthkit you get downed and die !
Also the attacker can see you after he hits you (you're marked).

What were they thinking..... This sounds like the most frustrating OP weapon ever in TLOU.

People said the same thing with the other DLC weapons and they turned out just fine.

Dreaver

Bought the game a few days ago with the PSN deal. Really enjoying multiplayer. Question: does the silencer (on sniper particular) have any negative sides? reducing the damage or so?

Evolved1

Bought the game a few days ago with the PSN deal. Really enjoying multiplayer. Question: does the silencer (on sniper particular) have any negative sides? reducing the damage or so?

Only that it costs LP's that could be used somewhere/on something else.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
You know i like the multiplayer but having DLC perks really rubs me the wrong way, yesterday i read about that and it blew my mind in a bad way :(

Gray Matter

I know it's about the paid perks. I just want to know if they don't like paying for perks or if the perks themselves are overpowered

We won't know if they're OP until they're released and people use them for themselves, but I'm sure we'll get a lot of people here saying the perks and weapons are OP.

Evolved1

That frontier rifle looks amazing. Awesome animation on working the lever and the reload.

Top Bottom