• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Still waiting for the raffle to end before I buy :) The money is already in the Steam wallet though:)

Herla

I bought it because of that word count comparison picture I saw a while ago, let's see what this is all about.

0QZYKZG.png

I love you Xseed

Why does the Steam release say "Steam Store and Retail Key"? Steam Store I get, obviously, but what's the significance of the last part?

I was all set for buying on steam but gog has those extras... I like to keep everything as much as possible on steam though... argh!

BluWacky

Couple of weird technical issues if you've bought off GOG that I've run across:

i) By default, for some reason, the mouse buttons are mapped incorrectly. Make sure you change them in the "config" menu - at present "confirm" is mapped to the right mouse button, which is very counter-intuitive, and the left mouse button does nothing.

ii) GOG doesn't automatically add a link to the configuration programme, which is the only way to change the resolution etc. It's called "Config.exe".

iii) The first two times I tried to run the game nothing happened, but strangely it worked the third time - with incredibly flickery graphics. This problem now seems to have vanished; however, the videos still aren't playing properly. I get a "double image" horizontally (i.e. two copies of the video playing side by side) and the colours look like some CGA/EGA monstrosity. Not sure what the issue is there...

I'll probably actually play the game in a minute!

I hope Tom will be able to give us an update regarding sales, just to know if it met their expectations, hopefully it will surpass them.

Shantom

For anyone who hasn't already grabbed it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Note: As this giveaway was made before the game was available for purchase, the winner will need to add me on Steam to be gifted the game.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-FC569E02EA2A517D - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 224 entrants total.

t1406653000z1.png

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Double-dipping on some TITS action, though what I'm really hyped for is the second game... *drool*

Really hope these PC releases become a profitable endeavor for both X-SEED and Falcom. Though I don't really think the market is there for this type of game on PC.

Volcynika

Double-dipping on some TITS action, though what I'm really hyped for is the second game... *drool*

Really hope these PC releases become a profitable endeavor for both X-SEED and Falcom. Though I don't really think the market is there for this type of game on PC.

The success of the Ys games on PC was how we are getting Trails SC. As long as it does as well or hopefully better, I wouldn't worry.

The market has always been there though, it's just been starved as most Japanese devs don't put out their bigger RPGs and like on the platform.

BluWacky

So uh, the game won't boot in 1080p. I don't understand.

I have a high end PC.

Have you manually changed the graphics settings through the configuration programme?

If you have, try running the game in compatibility mode at first. I had to do that the first time to get it to run, but then "cancelled" out and can now run it normally.

Videos still buggered, though. I assume there aren't very many of them in the game?

desmax

Have you manually changed the graphics settings through the configuration programme?

If you have, try running the game in compatibility mode at first. I had to do that the first time to get it to run, but then "cancelled" out and can now run it normally.

Videos still buggered, though. I assume there aren't very many of them in the game?

One at the beginning, one at the end and one after the credits.

studyguy

I want this game so bad, buying as soon as I get home. Was slightly annoyed that you couldn't pre-order on Steam.
What's up with that?

Kyoufu

How do I run it in compatibility mode? This is why I don't buy anything on PC.

Li Kao

Eh, I don't know, seems like there is definitely a market to my uneducated eyes. I mean, the evident question is how big, and I have no clue about the answer, but I get the feeling J-something is selling well on Steam. Ys games (seem, again) to have done well, then there is Ghostlight which keep releasing S-RPG after S-RPG, then the beginning of a Visual Novel stream of release...

Numbers I have not, and I wouldn't say that PC could be THE platform for japanese productions, but I get the feeling that it may be more and more one of the natural choices when thinking about releases system.

BluWacky

How do I run it in compatibility mode? This is why I don't buy anything on PC.

Right click on the icon for the game. The second option should be "run in compatibility mode" or something similar. Windows should then auto-detect the best settings for you.

Worth a shot, anyway!

Top Bottom