• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Bought. I can't believe the next XSEED game I'll be buying on PC will be SC.

Cue people mentioning there's something else releasing inbetween.

Ryker

Okay, here's a weird thing I tried with that spot! I got stuck using my controller and couldn't get out, but when I used my mouse to guide me out of it, I somehow got out just fine. I had that happen in another spot during QA too next to a treasure chest. I think that one was fixed, though.

Oh my.. it was that easy. Lmao. Thanks for that. I hadn't restarted yet, cause lunch and such, but now I won't have to. Whoohoo, thank you! Can't believe I didn't think to try that. -_-

edit: Interestingly enough, once you get yourself unstuck with the mouse, you can't get stuck again. @_@;;

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* okay I see a few others in this thread also are having this... seems like a pretty basic thing to make sure is working when releasing a game :|

Help? All the video sequences show like this for me.

0AjRVTE.jpg

As you can see... the video is mirrored and colored all wrong?

I'm using the new nvidia 340.52 drivers that came out today. Never experienced this in a game. Nothing unusual about my system (windows 8.1 64bit, fairly modern processor, plenty of ram, etc.)

Dr Dogg

So yeah going into the menu reverts to a aspect ratio I assume is 4:3. This also happens before some camera transitions.

There's also some text flow issues with some menu items where the name is to large to fit in it's block as well
Achievements doesn't fit/overflows
2048x1152.resizedimage

Training doesn't fit/overflows
2048x1152.resizedimage

Other than that no issues so far.

arit

Is there a way to limit the fps to 60 when in windowed mode? Vsync does not work then and 30fps are ugly.

Regardless of settings(windowed) it seems to limit itself to 125fps, though my displays are just 60hz.

EDIT: Seems like the 30fps lock stops while menus are open.

Mrbob

*edit* okay I see a few others in this thread also are having this... seems like a pretty basic thing to make sure is working when releasing a game :|

Help? All the video sequences show like this for me.

0AjRVTE.jpg

As you can see... the video is mirrored and colored all wrong?

I'm using the new nvidia 340.52 drivers that came out today. Never experienced this in a game. Nothing unusual about my system (windows 8.1 64bit, fairly modern processor, plenty of ram, etc.)

I didn't download the new drivers yet and I'm having the same issue. Windows 8.1 64bit as well.

Aeana

How to use the dpad for menus and analog stick for movement

The game does not support this ability, but you can approximate it by using a free program called JoyToKey. Run it and double click on the entries marked POV: ↑, POV: →, POV: ↓, and POV: ← and set them to the corresponding arrow keys on your keyboard. Note: this is for an xinput-based controller. If you're using something else, just press the dpad buttons on your gamepad and the program will highlight which entries you need to change.

trails-jtk.png

Then you should be able to use the dpad to navigate menus and the analog stick to move in the game. Note that you must keep the program open for these bindings to work.

You can get a pdf manual on Ghostlight's website. It's about the PSP version but it should still hold up for the PC version.

Ta.

I didn't download the new drivers yet and I'm having the same issue. Windows 8.1 64bit as well.

Worked fine for me with the older drivers so I upgraded to the latest ones and it works fine for me with those too. I did manage to crash the game by clicking through the Cassius and Estelle sequence at top speed though but I can't reliably reproduce it.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Ran into an issue... just entered Rolent, and all of the trees and plants look like this:

Running the game on Windows 7 on an old HP laptop... but that laptop shouldn't have a problem running a game like this.

EDIT: For anyone else who is having this issue, turning off Hardware Vertex Shading seems to have fixed this for me.

desmax

All right, finished downloading the Gog version.

Got to the main menu, and someone called me on Steam. Since the overlay wasn't working, had to alt+tab the game... When I came back, this happened

The menu works fine, though

Nairume

Banned
So if we are using a pad, what button do we press to instantly activate the S-Breaks? The config thing doesn't seem to have a button for them and I'm having to just press 1 on the keyboard right now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ran into an issue... just entered Rolent, and all of the trees and plants look like this:

Running the game on Windows 7 on an old HP laptop... but that laptop shouldn't have a problem running a game like this.

This was mentioned on XSEED's forum, and someone else replied that it also happened in the Japanese version and might be a settings issue.

Aeana

How can I press the Break Button on a gamepad? Preferably without using my mouse.

Use left/right to select a button at any time in battle, then hit confirm on the one you selected.

EDIT: Actually this seems to be broken for me. If I use left/right, I can see it very very briefly select a sphere and then the cursor disappears. Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

wrowa

All right, finished downloading the Gog version.

Got to the main menu, and someone called me on Steam. Since the overlay wasn't working, had to alt+tab the game... When I came back, this happened

The menu works fine, though

You should use Alt+Tab on your own risk in any game ever. It always tends to mess things up. I can't even recall how many games crashed when I tried to resume after switching to the desktop for a few seconds.

That's the same issue I'm having. No problems with the videos or crashes, but the plant thing in Rolent happened to me as well. I'll mess with the settings and see if something happens.

Shiina

Use left/right to select a button at any time in battle, then hit confirm on the one you selected.

EDIT: Actually this seems to be broken for me. If I use left/right, I can see it very very briefly select a sphere and then the cursor disappears. Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

Yeah that is what's happening for me, too.

epmode

These compatibility issues are a little disappointing! I'll try it tonight but it looks like I might wait a few days to play for real.

Tried 1080p just for kicks and sure enough it crashed in less than a minute.
I was going to play with the controller but I don't think I'm going to bother with configs, was expecting it to work better out of the box.

No it's not. Neither is the localization of any of the others after SC if this doesn't make Xseed a ton of money. Seriously though, there's no need to take everything so literally. All I meant is buy the game, you won't regret it.

I did buy it, crashed 3 times so far before I've even had control of my character.

So what are the most stable settings?

Again, why are you recommending people buy the game right now? It isn't going anywhere. You should tell them to buy it when it has had a few patches.

Aeana

To those playing the game for the first time, I wanna stress to not ignore the books. They're good reads! Liberl News adds quite a bit of flavor to the world, and the Carnelia books make a neat story and you even get a great weapon if you manage to track down all of them.

Ah, thanks for letting me know. Turning Hardware Vertex Shading off seems to have fixed it.

Yup, that fixed that issue, seems to be running nicely now.

Little thing, but I always love how when kids are chasing each other in jrpgs, you can make them swap whose chasing who by getting in the way of the chaser so the chase-ee cycles back around, like with Luke and Pat in Rolent.

Knurek

Spent a little over an hour
on the tutorial

I know that whoever translated the game for XSEED will want to murder me, but I can't help but notice that most of the background scenery is pretty much lifeless in the game.

Would be lovely if game's bookcases had additional flavor text - similar to, say, DQ7.

Volcynika

To those playing the game for the first time, I wanna stress to not ignore the books. They're good reads! Liberl News adds quite a bit of flavor to the world, and the Carnelia books make a neat story and you even get a great weapon if you manage to track down all of them.

Why would I read in an RPG?

Aeana

Spent a little over an hour
on the tutorial

I know that whoever translated the game for XSEED will want to murder me, but I can't help but notice that most of the background scenery is pretty much lifeless in the game.

Would be lovely if game's bookcases had additional flavor text - similar to, say, DQ7.

Well, the game does have books to read! They just aren't usually found in bookcases.

I'm enjoying how, at least so far in Rolent, Estelle and Joshua actually have a little conversation to say to you whenever you talk to NPCs, instead of them just spouting their info and flavor text at you. It makes them feel like they have more life in them instead of just being walking billboards and newspapers. It also kind of reminds me of the Party Chat system in the DS Dragon Quest remakes. Big plus if this keeps up.

Dr Dogg

I'm getting a crash on startup if I try to run windowed mode in 2560x1440.
Fullscreen mode works fine.

Yeah I tried creating a custom res and going up and down a few pixels and crashed every time. Setting a resolution of 2460x1340 runs but still has aspect ratio issues. I obviously haven't gone through everything all the way down but seeing as I had it in my active resolutions already 1920x1200 ran fine windowed and no issues with aspect ratio or text flow. Though at that resolution it's kind of floating in the middle of the screen so not the best compromise.

Hubb

Just grabbed the game even though I wont be getting to play it just yet. Happy to see it sitting at number 1 on the top seller list. Hopefully it'll stay there for a little while yet.

Top Bottom