• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Well, unless my download massively speeds up, it looks like I won't be playing this until tomorrow.

Pretty annoyed at Sony for waiting so long to put this up, but what's one more day after four years of waiting?

kswiston

The fact that this game is still managing to hang onto a top 10 spot on Steam's best sellers list despite 1500 games being discounted for this weekend's Halloween sale is pretty impressive.

Terxus

Neo Member
Finished the prologue.
I really liked how they handled the beginning
with Estelle being in complete denial about Joshuas disapperance and his "betrayal".

Le Locle felt a bit like a big tutorial, (re)introducing the battle and orbment system. It's pretty cool that they have in-game explanations for all the improved systems. Dialogue has been pretty great so far as well.

Is it possible to get the first volume of the new book after the prologue? I know that trails is pretty bad about this stuff, but I didn't expect to already miss the first volume. :(

Bladenic

YAY

Downloading now. I didn't get to transfer over my data and I'm kinda over it. Will just play as is, hopefully I don't miss out too much. I care mostly about the main story, characters, and music so should be okay.

Varion

Finished the prologue.
I really liked how they handled the beginning
with Estelle being in complete denial about Joshuas disapperance and his "betrayal".

Le Locle felt a bit like a big tutorial, (re)introducing the battle and orbment system. It's pretty cool that they have in-game explanations for all the improved systems. Dialogue has been pretty great so far as well.

Is it possible to get the first volume of the new book after the prologue? I know that trails is pretty bad about this stuff, but I didn't expect to already miss the first volume. :(
Nope. Abandon all hope of a 100% playthrough.

Corpekata

Banned
Question for small area spoiler right at the start of the game:

When you briefly get control of Estelle at the castle I went straight to the story part, which of course leads me back to now Rolent. Want to make sure I didn't miss some item before I get too invested.

Varion

Question for small area spoiler right at the start of the game:

When you briefly get control of Estelle at the castle I went straight to the story part, which of course leads me back to now Rolent. Want to make sure I didn't miss some item before I get too invested.
Nah, there's nothing of significance before the opening movie plays at the end of the intro section. The guide I use for my replays doesn't even cover that whole bit.

Rocky

Banned
Just got it on PSN, and double-dipped on the first one as well (have a physical version). The SC game says it's a bundle, what's in the bundle? It doesn't say anything in the description.

Just got it on PSN, and double-dipped on the first one as well (have a physical version). The SC game says it's a bundle, what's in the bundle? It doesn't say anything in the description.

It's a two disc game, so you have to download both discs as separate files.

So how long is SC compared to FC? Like gameplay wise. Does anyone know? The first one took me around 61 hours and I did all the sidequests. Trying to budget my time. I'd like to beat it before Xenoblade X releases lol

epmode

So how long is SC compared to FC? Like gameplay wise. Does anyone know? The first one took me around 61 hours and I did all the sidequests. Trying to budget my time. I'd like to beat it before Xenoblade X releases lol
Estimates I've seen say it's about twice as long, maybe a bit less.

Varion

1.5x-ish, maybe? If you talk to all NPCs every time their dialogue changes you might end up more like 2x, but otherwise, I doubt it. My first playthrough back in (god) 2008 was 80 hours, replayed it doing everything and got 60. So yeah, it's a bit on the long side but unles you're doing NPC runs I can't see the average player getting over 60-70.

Tenebrous

My only issue so far is the lack of a 60fps lock. Vsync doesn't match the refresh rate of my monitor (60hz), so it's running wild at 125fps, and stutters when it falls to 90-110. I could lock it to 30, but I really don't want to...

Guess I'll have to force it in the Nvidia control panel later.

1.5x-ish, maybe? If you talk to all NPCs every time their dialogue changes you might end up more like 2x, but otherwise, I doubt it. My first playthrough back in (god) 2008 was 80 hours, replayed it doing everything and got 60. So yeah, it's a bit on the long side but unles you're doing NPC runs I can't see the average player getting over 60-70.

Ah gotcha. I would probably talk to every NPC the first time I get to a new place, but I doubt I'd return to see dialogue changes. Not sure.

I don't even have time to play it right now but god damn it, still downloading it right now to play an hour or two.

c1d08cc0adebac76ce8cb295b02865e0.png

Fasterrrr!

Also, I'm probably going to buy like 10 copies of the fucking game, just to make the TC dream a reality.... it has to happen!

I don't even have time to play it right now but god damn it, still downloading it right now to play an hour or two.

c1d08cc0adebac76ce8cb295b02865e0.png

Fasterrrr!

Also, I'm probably going to buy like 10 copies of the fucking game, just to make the TC dream a reality.... it has to happen!

I bought 3. I am heavily considering buying 4 more to raise the count to 7.

Linkark07

Banned
In the end bought the GoG version instead of PSP. Well, it will also go into my PSN collection sooner or later.

Now downloading.

Between this and Divinity: OS, I will have to handle my spare time carefully.

3.4G o_O

Oh shit, I won't have room on my PSP, but I will on the Vita. Is it really worth importing your save? If so, I'll have to "clean out the fridge."

Eusis

This is making me feel better about sacrificing portability in the name of quality (and irritation with SCEA) as I WOULD prefer a more consistent experience across the whole series, within reason anyway.

And do you really start with NOTHING even with a imported save, or did the person who made that one dump everything? Would've liked the last game's Liberl News articles but if they just don't exist in this game then it's a moot point.

Nose Master

Ahh man, I didn't know this was so close. I still haven't beat the first one. Feels a lot like Growlanser, which is the best <3

Dio

Banned
This is making me feel better about sacrificing portability in the name of quality (and irritation with SCEA) as I WOULD prefer a more consistent experience across the whole series, within reason anyway.

And do you really start with NOTHING even with a imported save, or did the person who made that one dump everything? Would've liked the last game's Liberl News articles but if they just don't exist in this game then it's a moot point.

You only really get bonus items, etc. Note: I'm pretty far past the prologue now. There are in fact Liberl News in this game, they're just not carried over from FC.

Eusis

You only really get bonus items, etc. Note: I'm pretty far past the prologue now. There are in fact Liberl News in this game, they're just not carried over from FC.
Oh, I figured there'd be NEW ones, I just kinda hoped there'd be OLD ones to look over again. Seems like it missed some of the fun of importing saves that some games have without the excuse of, say, ME2 just upending the whole system.

Though it probably saved Sara and everyone else a giant fucking headache making sure yet another part of the game worked right.

Varion

Oh, I figured there'd be NEW ones, I just kinda hoped there'd be OLD ones to look over again. Seems like it missed some of the fun of importing saves that some games have without the excuse of, say, ME2 just upending the whole system.

Though it probably saved Sara and everyone else a giant fucking headache making sure yet another part of the game worked right.
It's a shame, yeah, although it's something they apparently thought of later as all of the newspapers (Imperial Chronicle instead of Liberl News, of course) in Cold Steel 1 can be read in 2 -- they're all on a shelf in the library as back issues. Nothing like that here though, alas.

Oh! Wait a sec! If I DL to my Vita, will I be able to transfer my save Data to the new game in Dec.?

Data does not transfer between "campaigns", only within campaigns. Zero does not carry data over from Sky SC or Sky 3rd, Cold Steel does not import anything from Sky or Azure. Data does transfer between Zero and Azure, and Cold Steel I and II.

Dio

Banned
HOLY FUCK ITS THAT SONG! I went south of
Ruan
to the
Causeway
and one of my favorite tracks from the SC soundtrack I've been listening to for several years was playing. I fucking adore that song. I recognized it in seconds.

Top Bottom