• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Is anyone using a controller on the PC version? It's not responding to mine at all

Controllers should work fine. Make sure it's being recognized as controller 1.

3.4G o_O

Oh shit, I won't have room on my PSP, but I will on the Vita. Is it really worth importing your save? If so, I'll have to "clean out the fridge."

It's still worth it, the quartz you get has some nice elemental affinities and can let Estelle or a few caster-focused folks get one of the new, ultra-powerful Space arts really early.

But yeah, it's only level, quest completion flags, and bonus items carried over. The books sadly don't carry over.

HOLY FUCK ITS THAT SONG! I went south of
Ruan
to the
Causeway
and one of my favorite tracks from the SC soundtrack I've been listening to for several years was playing. I fucking adore that song. I recognized it in seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqAzKJIr5aQ

So so good.

Aeana

HOLY FUCK ITS THAT SONG! I went south of
Ruan
to the
Causeway
and one of my favorite tracks from the SC soundtrack I've been listening to for several years was playing. I fucking adore that song. I recognized it in seconds.
Yeah, it's the regular field music for SC.

Dio

Banned
Yeah, it's the regular field music for SC.

Thank god. I still can't believe I'm playing this.

EDIT: I love the Gourd Pigs so much and the way they zip around in circles excitedly. The baby ones in groups, too. I loved them in FC and I'm glad they're back.

Man, Estelle's denial at the beginning was tough to watch lol...

btw I'm not getting right stick camera rotation on my 360 controller. Is this an issue that anyone else is having? I feel naked without it.

Tenebrous

I still want to smack
Jill
in the face with my staff, damn...

Oh, I (quest spoilers)
decided to end the ingredient hunter quest early - Does that mean I've missed out on some BP? Not too concerned, but I do want to do as much as I can that doesn't involve that fella!

Is anyone using a controller on the PC version? It's not responding to mine at all

Using a 360 pad just fine.

Aeana

I still want to smack
Jill
in the face with my staff, damn...

Oh, I (quest spoilers)
decided to end the ingredient hunter quest early - Does that mean I've missed out on some BP? Not too concerned, but I do want to do as much as I can that doesn't involve that fella!

Using a 360 pad just fine.
Yes, you need 6 ingredients to get full credit. You missed 1 BP.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Done with the prologue and onto early chapter 1. Looks like with the existence of a "deeper story" being thrown out there at the end of FC, SC doesn't hesitate to get right into it based on the early cutscenes.

Noticed a couple issues though, not sure if they have been posted. During some scenes where the game is letterboxed, sometimes the textboxes fall outside the scene and into the letterboxing, which looks off. Also, during the cutscene at the end of the prologue,
Kyle seemed to have some glitchy movement for a moment.

desmax

Is this supposed to happen?

2015-10-30_00001f9q4f.jpg

JEKKI

ahh geez 2.4 gigas!

my pspita has 700 but theyre megas and not gigas :(

I played the first game in this game tho, like got halfway thru

but then my PSP broke on vacation, the screen got crushed,

and I stripped the screws so I couldnt fix it myself

but then I got it fixed!!

but instead of playing it again I ended up buyingit again for the pspita lol.

now I have 2 copy but if I'm gonna play it I wanna start all over on the pita

but I'ma still buy the second one coz I wanna support the game!!

even if I dont play it til like a few years lol

I've only had the FMV bug so far *jinx*.

Anelace is about a few sheets to the wind at times lol.

Man, Estelle's denial at the beginning was tough to watch lol...

btw I'm not getting right stick camera rotation on my 360 controller. Is this an issue that anyone else is having? I feel naked without it.

Yeah, so I guess the ending of FC was the journey to Le Loche? I guess that was the last spasm of childishness leaving her.

Aeana

I know this would be like the lowest priority thing imaginable, but while using the boost font size option (at 1920x1080 at least), the names in the dialog boxes aren't centered vertically inside the blue box like they are on the regular font size. It's kind of distracting to me... would love if it got fixed. (._. )

9ivWZr9.png

Regular size, for reference:
MMh3uWN.png

Dice//

Banned
Holy shit, what a fucking piss to get this game on the Vita....

My story if anyone cares:

> My save file on the PSP is like as 100% as I'll ever make it (sans a few recipes or whatever).
> Have to transfer the save from PSP to PC
> Have to transfer the save from PC with PSV's Content Manager (separate download)
> You need to have a PSP SAVE STATE on the PSV for the Content Manager to recognize it can copy files (so I played FC's long intro to save it)
> Good it works! FC 100% save transfer a-GO.

> SC is released
> Not in the "New Releases" section for some reason, fine I'll search.
> I can't download it because I need PSN 'funds'
> Now I can't download it because I need to sign in... even though I am.
> My password is wrong... ok, try again, still wrong
> Reset password
> Try password, it's STILL wrong...But it's not. And I'm still "logged in".
> Go to Sony account over Chrome
> Can't add funds because my Credit Card info is expired
> Add new card
> Can't add funds because my Credit Card info is "incorrect" (it wasn't)
> Go JUST Paypal route, no Credit Card
> Can't add funds from PayPal because my Credit Card info is "incorrect"!!!!!! WTF.

> Sign in over PS3, buy 'Trails in the Sky SC' on THERE.
> Finally! It appears on the Vita Downloads List....
> Error Can't Download, Error Code NP-9962.
FUCK FUCK WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
> Reset Vita, works fine, credit card don't work, but my 'workaround' did.
> Download....
> Not enough space....
> Delete shit, we're good....like a half hour and cold soup later. :(
That last bit isn't as bad...but after everrything else, it was a cherry on a turd cake.

And I usually don't complain about this shit, but MAAAAN it's like they went OUT OF THEIR WAY so I couldn't pay. I'd have gone PC in a motherfucking heartbeat if not for Vita being great for long trips I take.

man, I tried to load a save file before the last cutscene in FC, and I already forgot most of the characters. I wonder if I should simply just replay the whole FC again. tried reading the bracer notes of events that happened, didn't really helped since it mention names that I already forgot what they look like....

is there any youtube summary that show characters and some of the cutscenes?

You live in the states? Could have just bought PSN cards on amazon and used those on the website, buy Trails SC on PSN store on PC, then check your downloads on your Vita and it was right there for me to download. Its what I usually do if I ever go digital for Vita.

Dice//

Banned
You live in the states? Could have just bought PSN cards on amazon and used those on the website, buy Trails SC on PSN store on PC, then check your downloads on your Vita and it was right there for me to download. Its what I usually do if I ever go digital for Vita.

lol @ "pain". x)

Canada, I DID try the PSN card thing till it locked me out for being in Canada (I don't know why... I didn't think there was a regional difference between US/CAN for PSN).

So Vita is just *always* this bad for funds and general wonkiness??

lol @ "pain". x)

Canada, I DID try the PSN card thing till it locked me out for being in Canada (I don't know why... I didn't think there was a regional difference between US/CAN for PSN).

Oh yeah if you're in Canada I can totally understand that terrible process lol. I know other Canadians who've had a lot of problems getting their cards to work with Sony's PSN store. Its a nightmare.

lol @ "pain". x)

PSN in general is for adding funds (at least in North America). I've tried and failed hundreds of times to add funds. It's just a known issue that no one seems to care about fixing. You pretty much have to go with cards.

Dice//

Banned
Oh yeah if you're in Canada I can totally understand that terrible process lol. I know other Canadians who've had a lot of problems getting their cards to work with Sony's PSN store. Its a nightmare.

Well, good knowing I'm not alone I suppose. Thanks. :)
That much harder when it's a release I've been waiting for, hell, for almost 10 years, I've had this title on my radar since its PC debut in Japan.

man, I tried to load a save file before the last cutscene in FC, and I already forgot most of the characters. I wonder if I should simply just replay the whole FC again. tried reading the bracer notes of events that happened, didn't really helped since it mention names that I already forgot what they look like....

is there any youtube summary that show characters and some of the cutscenes?

http://lparchive.org/The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-in-the-Sky/
Really good, quick read (don't have to wait for the LP-ers YouTube progress, just read at your own pace, put the OST on in the BG?).

lol @ "pain". x)

I'm from indonesia and adding money to my account is a huge pain in the ass. last month it works fine when I bought One Piece Pirate Warrior 3, but this month when I tried to buy Dragon Quest heroes it said wrong credit card info, even though I hadn't changed a thing since last month, I tried a bunch other credit card, borrowing friends cards and none of them work for a week until one day it suddenly works. no idea what happened

MechaX

I am getting frustrated with Tales of Zestiria from a story-standpoint, and I really, really, really feel like I need to play an RPG that is well-written.

I am definitely assuming that FC and SC fit this, but assuming I want to play through FC, should I be using a guide through that, since I heard stuff carries over into SC? I also previously read that the missables in both game is... frustrating at times.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not done the prologue yet, but I gotta say, the new tracks I've heard so far have been amazing.

Well, good knowing I'm not alone I suppose. Thanks. :)
That much harder when it's a release I've been waiting for, hell, for almost 10 years, I've had this title on my radar since its PC debut in Japan.

Yup, even as awful the process is, at least its finally here!

I am getting frustrated with Tales of Zestiria from a story-standpoint, and I really, really, really feel like I need to play an RPG that is well-written.

I am definitely assuming that FC and SC fit this, but assuming I want to play through FC, should I be using a guide through that, since I heard stuff carries over into SC? I also previously read that the missables in both game is... frustrating at times.

Its honestly not that big of a deal. You get some items, but that's really the only thing that carries over. Just enjoy the ride :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Bought despite having very little disposable income and no time to play it at the moment... there's no way I can't support XSeed for the grueling work they've done to localize this game. And I'm sure week one sales look very appealing when execs are gauging series interest :)

Tenebrous

Just finished Chapter 1, and advanced to Bracer Rank F in the process. Going well so far, although
the boss fight at the end was irritating. Not because it was difficult, but instead the complete opposite. I've a hatred of sponge-like enemies that pose no threat.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

The missables aren't really important.

If you do choose to play though, definitely definitely definitely play FC first. It's a slow burn, but everything in that game sets up for what's to come.

Made almost a dollar selling my cards.

Dragon

Banned
Going through the first dungeon/training center, man the monsters that spawn out of the chests don't stop calling allies. At one point I was fighting ten of them :/.

epmode

GAF. Should I take (minor Chapter 1 spoiler)
Schera or Agate? I mean, the answer is obviously Schera but would I be missing something SUPER AWESOME by ignoring boring old Agate?

Tenebrous

Schera or Agate? I mean, the answer is obviously Schera but would I be missing something SUPER AWESOME by ignoring boring old Agate?

Agate has been more enjoyable than in FC, in my opinion. The game worded it like you should take Agate, but I personally wanted to take Schera... Took the games advice, and C1 went well enough.

desmax

Agate, obviously.

His "Wild Rage" (Or something) craft got upgraded, so he gets 150CP for the cost of 75% of total HP.

Ridiculously OP if you know what you're doing

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Agate has been more enjoyable than in FC, in my opinion. The game worded it like you should take Agate, but I personally wanted to take Schera... Took the games advice, and C1 went well enough.

Jess had her bias put into the game, obviously.

A couple scenes are made better/funnier for various reasons by taking Agate along. Others are better with Schera. There's basically no right answer and it's more about who you care about seeing.

Agate's mellowed a touch since FC, though, even in Japanese, and respects Estelle on a more fundamental level. He's not the relentless goober he was in FC.

Really? The game should feel neutral about it. What made you think it was leaning Agate? I'd like to know for my own feedback purposes.

epmode

Agate, obviously.

His "Wild Rage" (Or something) craft got upgraded, so he gets 150CP for the cost of 75% of total HP.

Ridiculously OP if you know what you're doing

Combat, shmombat.

A couple scenes are made better/funnier for various reasons by taking Agate along. Others are better with Schera. There's basically no right answer and it's more about who you care about seeing.
Schera it is!

Really? The game should feel neutral about it. What made you think it was leaning Agate? I'd like to know for my own feedback purposes.

I just played through the scene and the game really doesn't lean to either companion. It's definitely neutral.

Tenebrous

Personal playstyle opinion perhaps, but with Estelle being the most art-reliant person out of the four when the choice was offered, pairing her off with Agate, the least art-reliant person outta the four, just seemed to make sense. I don't wanna get stuck with a bad pairing later on in the game if I end up having to do some stuff with the other two.

mdubs

Banned
Bought despite having very little disposable income and no time to play it at the moment... there's no way I can't support XSeed for the grueling work they've done to localize this game. And I'm sure week one sales look very appealing when execs are gauging series interest :)

Same here, I can't not buy a copy after the odyssey that it took to get this game over here. Hopefully I'll have a chance to play in December!

Personal playstyle opinion perhaps, but with Estelle being the most art-reliant person out of the four when the choice was offered, pairing her off with Agate, the least art-reliant person outta the four, just seemed to make sense. I don't wanna get stuck with a bad pairing later on in the game if I end up having to do some stuff with the other two.

Ooooh, okay. Estelle is actually meant to be very balanced and so you can build her either way - I guess that didn't come through clear enough in the "decide what kind of bracer you want to be", even though that scene cleaves pretty dang close to the Japanese, all things considered. You do end up a little arts-heavy in Act 1 if you choose Schera, but it's still fine, just because Olivier and Kloe start strong.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I think Estelle is intended to be pretty balanced rather than art-heavy. So your options are to either have a bruiser or another fairly balanced character, both of which are good options.

Man, I am suffering even through normal battles. Just got a bit into Chapter 1 though.

Also I have no idea what I'm doing while fishing. Every attempt has been a dud so far.

Top Bottom