• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

duckroll

Chapter 3 was really, really good. Huge step up from the disappointing main quest plot in chapter 2. The Renne stuff was a lot of fun, and seeing how the other sides of the game are moving forward was pretty exciting. Having it all come together at the end was a great way to tighten up the narrative while moving it forward in a new direction. It was great to be able to finally visit the embassies in Grancel too.

The start of chapter 4 was a really nice surprise.
But I wish they gave the player full control of the party instead of just Joshua. It was pretty annoying watching the other characters do bone headed stuff in battles when it wasn't Joshua's turn. The fight with Mueller was basically a one on one fight because of that. I couldn't even be bothered to revive Josette. Lol.

I also read all of the Doll Knight at the Calvard Embassy, and I'm wondering about something...
In an earlier scene, the society members mentioned that the Gospels were manufactured by the Thirteen Factories. This same organization is mentioned in the Doll Knight story. Isn't it odd that a fictional novel in the game would reference something real that's supposed to be top secret? Or is this like some commonly known boogieman thing like Area 51 and Illuminati?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I finished last night. Overall it was great but the backtracking the final area was horrendous. Why in the world did they not copy what they did in the first game where your party sets up a base camp in the final dungeon? Overall I loved it though.

I'm really intrigued how much the ending adapts to who is in your party. Because I had
Kevin
in the my final party and he seemed so story critical to everything that was happening. How does that all play out if you don't have him with you? Did I miss out on other scenes by not having some other character in my party instead?

I also brought
Zane to fight his rival and Schera to fight Illusion lady
so I got those scenes. But I forgot to bring
Olivier to fight the thief and I didn't know who to bring to fight Renne
and I'm curious if I missed some stuff there as well.

edit: I'm really surprised to see people saying Tita is bad on the previous page. I think properly built she's one of the most powerful characters in the party. Equip her with strength, speed, and crit orbments, and long barrel and her consistent AoE just decimates encounters. As long as there is more than 1 enemy to hit, she probably has the highest consistent DPS of any character. And against boss battles she has instant cast, large, non-targeted (manual placement) healing. I can not over stress how good it is to have your healing spell not have to target a character. And her final super is one of the best I saw in my playthrough.
comparable even to Joshua's final super

Chapter 3 was really, really good. Huge step up from the disappointing main quest plot in chapter 2. The Renne stuff was a lot of fun, and seeing how the other sides of the game are moving forward was pretty exciting. Having it all come together at the end was a great way to tighten up the narrative while moving it forward in a new direction. It was great to be able to finally visit the embassies in Grancel too.

The start of chapter 4 was a really nice surprise.
But I wish they gave the player full control of the party instead of just Joshua. It was pretty annoying watching the other characters do bone headed stuff in battles when it wasn't Joshua's turn. The fight with Mueller was basically a one on one fight because of that. I couldn't even be bothered to revive Josette. Lol.

I also read all of the Doll Knight at the Calvard Embassy, and I'm wondering about something...
In an earlier scene, the society members mentioned that the Gospels were manufactured by the Thirteen Factories. This same organization is mentioned in the Doll Knight story. Isn't it odd that a fictional novel in the game would reference something real that's supposed to be top secret? Or is this like some commonly known boogieman thing like Area 51 and Illuminati?

Yeah, I didn't bother
reviving her either

As for the latter...
Doll knight series originates from the last game of the garghav trilogy ;)

Taruranto

I must say, it's really impressive that, once the party opens up and you can select your party members, secondary character manage to have unique conversations all the time.

In most jRPG they either get stock phrases our just stay silent.

Nyoro SF

I must say, it's really impressive that, once the party opens up and you can select your party members, secondary character manage to have unique conversations all the time.

Yeah, it's something I really appreciate with this game. Makes it unique and gives it a real shine of dialogue quality.

I love how in Chapter 8
if you bring Tita with you to fix the phones, you get a special little scene of Tita installing the device in the phone and messing with its power switch lol

Those 3.5M characters weren't for show!

I finished last night. Overall it was great but the backtracking the final area was horrendous. Why in the world did they not copy what they did in the first game where your party sets up a base camp in the final dungeon? Overall I loved it though.

I'm really intrigued how much the ending adapts to who is in your party. Because I had
Kevin
in the my final party and he seemed so story critical to everything that was happening. How does that all play out if you don't have him with you? Did I miss out on other scenes by not having some other character in my party instead?

I also brought
Zane to fight his rival and Schera to fight Illusion lady
so I got those scenes. But I forgot to bring
Olivier to fight the thief and I didn't know who to bring to fight Renne
and I'm curious if I missed some stuff there as well.

edit: I'm really surprised to see people saying Tita is bad on the previous page. I think properly built she's one of the most powerful characters in the party. Equip her with strength, speed, and crit orbments, and long barrel and her consistent AoE just decimates encounters. As long as there is more than 1 enemy to hit, she probably has the highest consistent DPS of any character. And against boss battles she has instant cast, large, non-targeted (manual placement) healing. I can not over stress how good it is to have your healing spell not have to target a character. And her final super is one of the best I saw in my playthrough.
comparable even to Joshua's final super

I'm in chapter 9 right now, and it really epitomizes what is great and what needs work in this game. On one hand the game itself is like a decade old so I want to give it some slack, on the other, lord it really needs some work on QOL. For an example that has been a problem all game: The pain in the ass it is to swap equipment/orbments between characters is just plain AWFUL. Even if you can't access them, having the ability to just change gear between members anywhere, or hell just in your base camp/cities would make the game a hell of a lot more fun to play. Or not having to manually run back to the
Bracer's guild in chapter 8 would have had me changing out the gang a LOT more.

I'm actually someone who love switching characters around in my parties a lot. But this game just makes it painful to do so.

I'm especially feeling it right now because Ch 9
I have to swap in Josette for Olivier, and not ONLY does she have a ton of orbment slots I need to fill, but her gear is on Olivier basically, so I need to remove his stuff to give it to her unless I want to waste money buying her a new weapon/armor.

So far the final area definitely feels very Falcom, huge and interesting. Love the hell out if it.

Just the two. The residential area one was a PSP version extra -- in the original, you could only get the one. And could only choose between a weapon for Estelle and a weapon for Joshua.

Thanks so that means
my best bet is to just get the weapon for Johsua and Estelle then?

bobohoro

I'm downloading SC right now. It's really happening. Still feels unreal.
Just have to finish reading the final three updates of the FC LP, have dinner and then I can start a game I've been waiting years for.

duckroll

Got questions about the consistency of terms in TitS.

- I remember reading in one of the XSEED blog entries the other day that there was a decision to change Hamel to Hemel from FC to SC. But in both FC and SC so far, the name of the village used is Hamel. Is that the name that was eventually decided on?

- At the end of FC, Joshua said "Legion No.XIII" but in SC the term used is "Enforcer". Did I happen to finish FC before the change was retroactively applied or was that just something that was missed?

zakujanai

- I remember reading in one of the XSEED blog entries the other day that there was a decision to change Hamel to Hemel from FC to SC. But in both FC and SC so far, the name of the village used is Hamel. Is that the name that was eventually decided on?

- At the end of FC, Joshua said "Legion No.XIII" but in SC the term used is "Enforcer". Did I happen to finish FC before the change was retroactively applied or was that just something that was missed?

Another one I noticed, they said they gave the mayor's wife her correct name instead of just "Mayor's Wife" but when I met her she was still without her name.

Finished chapter 2 the other night. Its climax wasn't quite as intense as chapter 1's, but still a cool chapter. Hoping chapter 3 is even better than the last two.

Varion

Thanks so that means
my best bet is to just get the weapon for Johsua and Estelle then?
Well you can get them made for whoever you like, the PSP version added ultimate weapons for the other characters, and those are all in the English PC version too. I went for Joshua and Agate because they were my main physical attackers, but...yeah. Whatever works.

The blog's the wrong way round. It was Hemel in FC PSP, and it got changed to Hamel to better match the Japanese version. So yeah, what's currently in the game is right, it's just the blog that's wrong.

Must've been one that fell through the cracks. Legion was Falcom's official reading for 執行者, so that's how that ended up there, but then CF went for Enforcer for it in SC and that Legion mentioned in FC got missed. Will get it fixed, thanks for noticing.

Another one I noticed, they said they gave the mayor's wife her correct name instead of just "Mayor's Wife" but when I met her she was still without her name.
...and thanks for noticing this, too. That's definitely meant to be in the game, but somehow it isn't. Figured it had gone in with the last round of text fixes last week, but apparently not. It will be looked into.

Shahed

For those who got the PSP version on Vita. Is it meant to be 2 seperate bubbles? I set it to auto download and just got home. No idea which is disc one or two...

EU PSN version is up

https://store.playstation.com/#!/de...y-sc/cid=EP1023-NPEH00166_00-TRAILSINTHESKYSC

EDIT: I noticed that the store description in several languages is machine translated. I know Sony requires a translation, but would it be so hard to get the 10 lines translated by a human at least for EFIGS? It looks so unprofessional :(

EDIT2: You can't find the game on the webstore by searching for "Trails", because there is no space after the ":"

"Legend of Heroes:Trails in the Sky"

Between not being mentioned in this week's EU blog post, the messed up search terms and the terrible regional descriptions, this game won't be a blip on anyone's radar here. :(

I did my part and double dipped.

Pookmunki

Between not being mentioned in this week's EU blog post, the messed up search terms and the terrible regional descriptions, this game won't be a blip on anyone's radar here. :(

Assuming it's £30 or less, I'll be doing my part come pay day.

In a just world, Falcom and Square Enix would have the exposure they truly deserved, for better or worse.

Just another chapter in the story of SC's localization. The fact that SCEE doesnt even mention it is just sad.

Finalow

BBlnqQk.jpg

ah.

Assuming it's £30 or less, I'll be doing my part come pay day.

In a just world, Falcom and Square Enix would have the exposure they truly deserved, for better or worse.
It's 26.99€ so it should be something like £23.99 I guess.
I don't really care about SE one way or the other but yeah, Falcom games deserve a lot more exposure.

Just another chapter in the story of SC's localization. The fact that SCEE doesnt even mention it is just sad.
This is infuriating given the effort that was put into localizing this. The game deserves better.
Hell, I found out about it because at the top of the comment section on this week's update, someone was complaining the game wasn't mentioned. Hell, SCEE could have done a blog entry to give the game exposure and why it matters so much.

I noticed that the reward for bracer ranks was bit off in the bracer book.

The E+ and F+ one, specifically. The E+ is listed as machine power in the book when it should be ingenuity and the F+ one is sepith vein when it's called septium vein everywhere else.

SxP

Wow, glad I read the comments on the PS Blog Store update. I had no idea this was releasing today on EU PSN.

Buying right now. Guess Fallout 4 will have to share my attention.

Nyoro SF

I'm about to wrap up Chapter 8. Here are my theories so far:

Estelle is Aidios reincarnation and is about to fire off some Deus Ex Machinas like it's going out of style
Cid is actually the leader of Ourobouros
Tita was actually Robo-Tita which explains why she still has no skills worth a damn
Kloe will silence everyone as part of the illuminati of Liberl
The amount of damage you do to the final boss depends on how many fish you caught to that point
The amount of damage you take from the final boss depends on how often you won at poker
The empire is about to unleash a whoopass can of blood and iron on Liberl because PREDICTABLE WAR COUNTRY

As you can see, I am a master of understanding subtext.

Yay at least I know what it's supposed to say now! I don't envy anyone having to go through all the text in this game. Lol.

Didn't want to leave the story unfinished for ya. As for the volume of text, I'm pretty sure the Barossa Valley saw a big uptick in wine sales in 2014.

And for the other book,
it made what had seemed like a kid's fairy tale downright sinister. If you go on to play CS, more fun there...

The blog's the wrong way round. It was Hemel in FC PSP, and it got changed to Hamel to better match the Japanese version. So yeah, what's currently in the game is right, it's just the blog that's wrong.

Oops. My bad. Late, but I'll see if I can't update that.

Working on getting that fixed. Title seems to have been a space issue initially, but we'll see if it can't be made searchable, at least. And, the no mention on the EU PS Blog is like a soul burn. It hurts. It hurts, man. :/ Cheers for the above and beyond support, though! :)

http://i.imgur.com/BBlnqQk.jpg[IMG]

ah.[/QUOTE]

This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on, my friendssssssss~

Taruranto

Done with CH3. Boy, that felt so long.

Please no more double bosses with temporary characters =_=

Game could definitely use an encyclopedia like Xenosaga. I really don't remember much about FC at this point, like what was the deal with the Mayor's rod?

Game could definitely use an encyclopedia like Xenosaga. I really don't remember much about FC at this point, like what was the deal with the Mayor's rod?

It could stop all orbaments when it activated, I don't think it was explained much past that point

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It could stop all orbaments when it activated, I don't think it was explained much past that point

Pretty sure it
freezes people in place,
what Bleublanc does with the shadows when you meet him
in SC. In FC the gospel reacted to the rod and disabled it, which is what you might be thinking of.

Finished Chapter 5.

A lot of good moments for Agate this chapter, along with his whole sibling relationship with Tita. Parts of his backstory could be predicted, but the flashback with him and Mischa was pretty good, along with his scenes with General Morgan. The final scene at the memorial was really nice. Morgan has really turned into a wonderful characters.

duckroll

Nah, that's what the Black Orbment does. The mayor's rod was just a family artifact handed down which had the power to "stop time" on other people. Sort of like Shadow Stitching, but with a more limited effect. What the rod does isn't really important, only that it was seized as part of evidence and meant to be handed over to the church for safe keeping.

And DONE!

General Impressions:

Trails in the Sky (both chapters) is really a special game. On the surface it really does look like the most generic of JRPGs, teenage heroes, colorful anime designs, bright and cheery art, and a whole lot of text. What sets it apart though, and this really becomes clear as one plays through the game is that Falcom is pretty much the king of both having a light hearted journey, while still keeping everything emotionally relevant. A character like Estelle falls superficially into the dopey tomboy archetype, but the game shows that there is just so much more to here than a trope. She can be smart, funny, occasionally dopey, but she always feels like herself. Other characters follow suit, yes, many of them are just as trope-y as Estelle, but Falcom understands what makes the tropes work, and WHY these archetypes are successful. We care for each and every party member and many NPCs by the time the game winds to a close, and that is honestly no small feat.

In lesser hands the game would have felt trite, the long cut scenes would have dragged on, and the game would have failed. It did not.

Another amazing thing, really is the world, the way that they built things up from FC to SC was really amazing. I was surprised at how many NPCs I remembered from a game I last played 4 years ago, and how much I came to want to see how their stories resolved. Liberl in many ways feels like a real place, a place where while you are important, you are never the most important person around, or you are at most, one of many. That doesn't downplay the journey of Estelle and co. in makes what you go through even more immediate.

There were a few things that did bother me a bit about the game though. Some of it is at least a little spoilery, so I will just start out with this one, the pacing. Certain chapters feel like they drag on far longer than they should, and sometimes it really does feel like you are spinning wheels waiting for the story to catch up. When it does it is great, but there were times where I felt I needed to push myself forward a bit, or take a break for a while. The other thing is the lack of some common sense features that could have saved a LOT of time clicking through menus. There is no reason I should have to put a party member into my group just to unequip them so I can use their orbs/gear on someone else. Hell changing party members is way more of a pain in the ass than it should be. It's not a deal breaker, but it does get old fast, especially when there are times where you would want to switch up your party often.

Spoiler thoughts:

• I loved the fact that you weren't actually around for the mayoral election in Ruan or the signing of the peace treaty in Grancel. Other games would probably feel that you had to be everywhere something important happened. Here it does a great job showing that yes, the world moves on without you.
  • Props to the way that death is dealt with in the game. It doesn't happen often, but I kinda liked the restraint. It made scenes like the attack on Grancel and the death of Loewe feel much more important as a result.
  • One thing that bothered me was the fact that there were so few new areas on the game. Or at least it felt that way. No new cities, no real new land masses to visit. All the new stuff was dungeon related, and the new dungeons were pretty good, but you pent a LOT of time doing stuff you already did in FC.
  • Agate and Joshua are broken as fuck
  • I do wish more was done with Kevin, as he seems pretty cool, but I guess that is what 3rd is for

Overall though, I'm very happy with SC, now time to wait for 3rd. And wait... And wait... man I hope this sells well enough.

Chapter 8 spoilers:

It's interesting watching The Society get caught flatfooted while dawdling thru Grancel by things Prof. Russel and Cassius do behind the scenes when thruout the earlier chapters (and FC for that matter) they were indifferent to much of anything the army or the Bracers were doing and checking anything they could. Only Estelle's increasing power interested Weismann, and that was a recruiting bent (or to make Renne quiet one :p) or fixing the phones got them moving. Now to find out what they're up to on that island now that that EMP bomb is a defense mechanism!

Most JRPGs, Bishop? Most examples in media don't have this damn solid theming, perspective, and characterization of just how a team of supervillians would act when they have all the cards but not just go on a nihilistic killing spree (even though a few dearly want to).

They tend to be antagonists that just...exist, and only for the end results: the final showdown or to resolve one deriative "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" relationship whammy only. If it wasn't for the overuse of the mirror match aspect of the Enforcers, Falcom would have aced this.
I really appreciate that.

But one of them Julia FUCKING Schwartz!

Chapter 8 spoilers:

Most JRPGs, Bishop? Most examples in media don't have this damn solid theming, perspective, and characterization of just how a team of supervillians would act when they have all the cards but not just go on a nihilistic killing spree (even though a few dearly want to).

They tend to be antagonists that just...exist, and only for the end results: the final showdown or to resolve one deriative "LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER" relationship whammy only. If it wasn't for the overuse of the mirror match aspect of the Enforcers, Falcom would have aced this.
I really appreciate that.

Right, all I meant was that the game LOOKS like a generic JRPG, but its execution elevates it far beyond that. I agree with what you are saying pretty much completely. It would be done worse elsewhere. Trails is special because of its execution, and its world. I wasn't even a huge fan of the supervillain thing at the beginning, but I was all in by the end.

CH9
Well, kind of. I liked Renne and Loewe a fair bit, and Campanella was cool for what he was. I didn't completely buy Luciola's reason for turning evil, and Direwolf was kinda off. Even so, they worked when they had to.

Zephyx

I'm far from over in my FC playthrough but I might get to start it this weekend if things go well. Currently @ the start of Chapter 3 atm, finishing some side quests and able to log about 2 hours a day. Just a few questions:

- What difficulty should I start with? Normal seems to be the way to go for most people based on the OT. I'm fine with some difficulty during the start but I think I have no time to grind during later stages of the game.

- Are there any non spoiler guides I can use to 100% the game? Planning to use it to check if I missed something but not as a what and how to do these quests and bosses kind of thing..

Fin.

One of the greatest Japanese adventure wargames I have yet played. I can't be sure if it's my favorite right now, especially since I just finished it and the recency effect is strong here, but this game's positives far outweigh its negatives. What sticks out to me is just how interconnected everything is, such that power levels don't mean too much when deus ex machina and having the right blow for the right moment is critical. I still love how this game pulls genuine surprises on you, like
the Aureole having Vanish magic which you can't escape or guard against whatsoever. (I should have lost that fight, but I was able to save myself using the ungodly, orgasmic power of Dragon Dive + a Critical turn bonus one turn before Agate would have Vanished)
SC Spoilers.

SC just ends with an escape sequence, a cutscene, and a minimal amount of dialog between Joshua & Estelle. The little conversation between Raynard/Cassius/Joshua/Estelle wasn't all that interesting, and the cutscene wasn't all that, either.

I wanted to talk to the Queen again. I wanted to talk to everyone on the ship. I wanted to talk to Richard & Cid. But nope, none of that.
Hear hear. I get the impression Falcom was really strapped for time and human resources when developing this between their other projects (Felghana, Gurumin, Origin, Xanadu Next, and arguably RINNE), but
writing a longer ending wouldn't have been difficult and would have given it a Mother-like denouement with some interactivity
The dialogue you mention is fairly interesting, but not enough for me to say SC aced its ending. Also, given how McLargeHuge the Liber Ark is, wouldn't the falling pieces generate tsunamis upon crashing into Lake Valleria? That seems like a major question to answer in 3rd, assuming Falcom did that whatsoever

The last boss was pretty underwhelming despite having way too much health and multiple adds that keep being summoned, way easier than trying to do Loewe without a cheese method. The game also gives just enough of a tease with Kevin at the end to keep you wanting more, even if some of his "mystery" was seen from a mile away.
2nd phase Aureole is tougher if you take much too long and allow it to start casting Vanish magic, which is what happened to me. I was disappointed by the Loewe fight, though it was still challenging despite him being vulnerable to Clock Down. Kevin, it turns out, is a white liar in more ways than one, and I'm anxious to know about his exploits as 3rd no doubt shows.

And for the final chapter, I was suspicious of Cassius’ letter to Joshua and Joshua wanting some alone time with Kevin, but those two things quickly slipped my mind too and both of them being relevant to Joshua being free of the professor’s Stigma caught me off guard. It could have just as easily gone the deus ex machina/power of love conquers all route, and I'm impressed that it didn't. And like I said in an earlier post, I wasn’t a huge fan of Kevin until he demonstrated that he was a total badass. I’m completely on board the Estelle and Joshua ship, so that kiss scene at the end was beyond satisfying, and definitely my favorite moment in the entire series so far.
I actually thought Joshua's wedge would activate during the Loewe fight, so him beating Loewe in a duel without that was impressive. The Stigma plot bomb was awesome, and it answered my question about why Joshua's tattoo was so prominent. "Love conquers all" doesn't rear its head in this game, a blessing to say the least. We've also gone from Cassius being a direct hero at the end of FC to him being an indirect one, the most important sign that Estelle and Joshua have what it takes to combat Ouroboros even outside Liberl. I love that Hamel, because of its centrality in their lives, is what prepares Estelle and Joshua to move beyond their supposed homeland and see the good in every part of Zemuria. There's a White Witch feeling to all this.

Hamel's most interesting because of how absurd it seems at first before Weissmann reveals he was behind it. Ultimately some degree of irrationality is better than being so rational, and thinking of the world as so mechanistic, that it all consumes you and makes you vulnerable. When you think about it, the Enforcers here are holding back at some level, something you see even with Weissmann later. They're more than just great combatants and organizers—they also have tricks up their sleeves needed for when something ridiculous happens, but only Weissmann gets cornered such that he uses them. I think it's amusing that he fuses with Aureole to begin with, something no self-respecting scientist (and observer) would do, yet he survives it only to be unceremoniously killed by an operative from the organization he once served. So when he describes everyone but him (even the Grandmaster, in the end) as insects, he fails to see the irony of him being a cockroach not even the Enforcers want to be around for various reasons.

More thoughts on my playthrough tomorrow.

I'm far from over in my FC playthrough but I might get to start it this weekend if things go well. Currently @ the start of Chapter 3 atm, finishing some side quests and able to log about 2 hours a day. Just a few questions:

- What difficulty should I start with? Normal seems to be the way to go for most people based on the OT. I'm fine with some difficulty during the start but I think I have no time to grind during later stages of the game.

- Are there any non spoiler guides I can use to 100% the game? Planning to use it to check if I missed something but not as a what and how to do these quests and bosses kind of thing..

The only good guide that's close to 100% is kinda spoilerly sadly :(

And yes play Normal, I like a challenge but prologue on hard is most a test of frustrating attrition then any test of skill

duckroll

SC is harder than FC and gives the player more options in battles, so if you're happy with Normal in FC, Normal on SC will be more than enough challenge. You'll find chest monsters, quest monsters, and bosses more challenging than FC on average. Hard makes all enemies stronger and faster, so if you're looking to play through the game without retrying battles a ton or grinding to maximize stats and quartz, it could be a real pain.

Had to check a guide for the chapter 3
phantom thief
sidequest, couldn't figure out the third clue.
I figured it would be an embassy but didn't know what to look for, didn't read those books so the blue knight didn't ring any bells.
I've seen people complain about the Grancel sewers but they're not that complicated imo.

Had to check a guide for the chapter 3
phantom thief
sidequest, couldn't figure out the third clue.
I figured it would be an embassy but didn't know what to look for, didn't read those books so the blue knight didn't ring any bells.
I've seen people complain about the Grancel sewers but they're not that complicated imo.
Gladiator arena in West block

The word Hero was the clue.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The differences between normal and hard are insane. You're looking at less xp, less septium, and monsters doing like 300-400% damage. The most mundane and basic of enemies will kill your tankiest character in 2 hits. And you'll be under leveled and under equipped unless you spend time grinding.

I played through the prologue and chapter 1 on hard and was miserable for most of it. I then restarted and played through the game on normal and found it to be a cakewalk difficulty wise. So... I don't know. I wish there was an inbetween here but there isn't.

The differences between normal and hard are insane. You're looking at less xp, less septium, and monsters doing like 300-400% damage. The most mundane and basic of enemies will kill your tankiest character in 2 hits. And you'll be under leveled and under equipped unless you spend time grinding.

I played through the prologue and chapter 1 on hard and was miserable for most of it. I then restarted and played through the game on normal and found it to be a cakewalk difficulty wise. So... I don't know. I wish there was an inbetween here but there isn't.

Well after playing through chapter 1 on hard of course you'd find normal really easy by comparison :p Normal is a fairly appropriate challenge which will kill you if you aren't playing well

Chapter 7 finished!
That feeling when you reach the end of an altered tower and know you have to backtrack because there's a bunch of branching paths that you didn't take...and if you miss them now then there's no going back. I think this stresses me out the most in the game esp when you place teleporters all over.

Also deathblows are cool to land, but super frustrating when used against you. =|

I can't wait to go home and finish up (or at least beat Chapter 8)

Exactly what I said a few pages back, though I think most bosses are alright on normal, normal battles are too easy though and the gulf in difficulty compared to hard is so big that it really feels like an intermediate difficulty level is missing, which would've been ideal.
I'm also enjoying it more on normal than I was on hard, I like challenge in games but I wasn't having fun, don't remember the last time I restarted a game to lower the difficulty tbh.

Top Bottom