• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Nyoro SF

As a character, I like her. Always find amusing the volley of insults Estelle and Josette throws to each other. Now, as a playable character, she is kinda disappointing.

Yeah, that was my position.

I really like that they added her in as playable, I just wish she was more useful when they did. I love the dumb banter between her and Estelle but I just couldn't justify sitting Kloe or Kevin for.

That was my thought.
Didn't want to break up my party, checked out her stats and skills and thought "not worth it" then the game forces you to use her. I thought that was really dumb since like I said, she wasn't that big of a deal of a character. Not even for a "holy shit I can use this character now" fanservice like Mueller was.

i used
josette for a bit when she joined. her special attack can debuff def. that's pretty powerful if you have a hard hitting party. also her s-craft which unlocks a bit later is kinda hilarous. looks like a low-budget FF summon attack. i like that stuff.

Yeah that one craft is why I say she's not a bad character. If she didn't have it though, she'd essentially be Olivier 0.1, instead of Olivier 0.4. lol

I heard that the achievements for SC were still borked, so I can't do my perfect playthrough yet. Then again, the perfect completion guide has only reached chapter 5, so I'll be waiting for a while anyway.

finished the game. about Kevin
what happens if he's in your active party at the end? He just disappears and reappears magically? New dialogue in his scene with Weissmann?

ending:
does he really just disappear? in my game he actually killed weissmann for good. gave a little more background about himself and had a conversation with the fool. that scene is actually the best.

SephLuis

ending:
does he really just disappear? in my game he actually killed weissmann for good. gave a little more background about himself and had a conversation with the fool. that scene is actually the best.

You would love 3rd since he's the protag and it goes deeper into his story it seems. I am playing, but still at the beginning.

You would love 3rd since he's the protag and it goes deeper into his story it seems. I am playing, but still at the beginning.

i'm sure i would. not getting hyped for that though. this may take 5 years :S i'm good with cold steel for now.

In chapter 9
how I get a gospel reprint? I can't figure it out

i think you have to bring kloe to that terminal if i remember right?

fuzaco

In chapter 9
how I get a gospel reprint? I can't figure it out

Ask the professor about it, he will tell you to go through the files you got from the towers. You will find a name in file 0, something something Auslese. You have to remember the name and bring Kloe with you to the terminal and select her to get the Gospel.

demidar

Ask the professor about it, he will tell you to go through the files you got from the towers. You will find a name in file 0, something something Auslese. You have to remember the name and bring Kloe with you to the terminal and select her to get the Gospel.

Heh, I just guessed that.

Bladenic

What would you guys say is better for Olivier? His orbment setup is amazing for support right now but he's slow AF. Cast 2 or Action 4?? I could cast Clock Up EX to remedy the speed I suppose.

Chapter 8 sidequest
The tratt plains worms quest is insanely hard. I manage to kill half the worms, but the remaining half wipe my team :( Any strategies to use against them? I'm not one to look for tips against enemies, but i'll throw in the gauntlet and swallow my pride just this once.

This. It is my personal preference to equip everyone with cast 2 and action 4.

Taruranto

Chapter 8 sidequest
The tratt plains worms quest is insanely hard. I manage to kill half the worms, but the remaining half wipe my team :( Any strategies to use against them? I'm not one to look for tips against enemies, but i'll throw in the gauntlet and swallow my pride just this once.

That one is a bitch.
Do not aoe. Take them one at time. Worms only use their massive damage aoe attack as a counter.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Chapter 8 sidequest

One at a time, so you deal with less of their counters. And clock down.

Chapter 8 sidequest

clock down all the worms, clock up ex all your characters, kill them one at a time use flicker or other at delay moves to ensure they never get a move

That one is a bitch.
Do not aoe. Take them one at time. Worms only use their massive damage aoe attack as a counter.

One at a time, so you deal with less of their counters. And clock down.

clock down all the worms, clock up ex all your characters, kill them one at a time use flicker or other at delay moves to ensure they never get a move
Ohhh. Thank you, everyone!

Finalow

ending:
no I meant
Kevin just disappears and ''magically'' finds Weissmann fleeing, then rejoins the group.

About Kevin:
Nothing about the dialogue changes. Loewe does make an interesting remark if you take Kevin to his fight.

About the second spoiler tag:
Yes, you get scenes and backstory if you bring Zane and Schera with you to the Walter and Lucciora fight. I am not entirely sure what the scenes are like without them, since I never tried that.

And yes, FC and SC are barely scraping the surface of Zemuria's long, long history. Fortunately, Trails of Cold Steel is around the corner and offers another peek in the history books.
what remark does he make? :p
anyway, that's interesting. I might re-do those 2 fights, someday.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
what remark does he make? :p
anyway, that's interesting. I might re-do those 2 fights, someday.

I think Loewe asks about someone named Rufina, a strong bowgun wielding churchwoman he had previously fought. Kevin says he knows of her but she died in an accident about four years ago.

No idea what the importance of it is at this point though.

Eila

Chapter 8 sidequest

I heard it didn't like AoE so I AoE'd the hell out of it with Zane and Agate.
None of this would have been possible without Deus Ex Joshua with gladiator equipment.

Famassu

i'm sure i would. not getting hyped for that though. this may take 5 years :S i'm good with cold steel for now.
If they do decided to localize Third, it shouldn't be THAT huge of a project. Isn't it the smallest of the Sora no Kiseki games? I guess it's just more a matter of whether XSeed will think it's worth the smaller-than-FC-&-SC effort considering there could be another drop in sales like between FC -> SC and if they want to do Third if they never get around Zero & Azure.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If they do decided to localize Third, it shouldn't be THAT huge of a project. Isn't it the smallest of the Sora no Kiseki games? I guess it's just more a matter of whether XSeed will think it's worth the smaller-than-FC-&-SC effort considering there could be another drop in sales like between FC -> SC and if they want to do Third if they never get around Zero & Azure.

It's the "smallest" game in series, unless you count Nayuta. It's still not actually a small game though.

I got the impression 3rd laid some pretty important groundwork for later games (apparently Azure and Cold Steel 2 in particular). Given how intertwined the narrative seems to get, I'm not sure how they are going to handle it. Even if releasing the Cold Steel games before Crossbell/3rd works as a starting point, that isn't the same as saying XSEED could skip those games and we wouldn't miss anything.

Famassu

It's the "smallest" game in series, unless you count Nayuta. It's still not actually a small game though.

I got the impression 3rd laid some pretty important groundwork for later games (apparently Azure and Cold Steel 2 in particular). Given how intertwined the narrative seems to get, I'm not sure how they are going to handle it. Even if releasing the Cold Steel games before Crossbell/3rd works as a starting point, that isn't the same as saying XSEED could skip those games and we wouldn't miss anything.
Yeeah, I know it's still a pretty large project, but still, it shouldn't be an insurmountable SC like ~5 year project either, considering it is the smallest of the three & they've now worked on the franchise for a long time so that should speed up the process a little bit thanks to mostly having all kinds of lore & other special terminology & such translated once and being a bit more experienced in handling such large projects. It probably comes down to whether they want to localize it if they can't guarantee or commit to Zero & Azure beforehand, or if they are fine with doing Third without really deciding the fate of Zero & Azure until after Third, since I've gotten the impression as well that Third acts as a bridge between FC + SC <-> Zero + Azure (and apparently has something to do with Cold Steel as well?).

If they do decide to work on Third, I hope it won't be much longer than 2-3 years from now, if they start work on it soon after Cold Steel II is done.

Gu4n

About the importance of The 3rd, I've written before that "For the series' on-going narrative as a whole, I feel The 3rd is more important than FC and SC. Whatever happens throughout FC/SC is referred to by the Crossbell and Erebonia games, almost dismissively, as the 'Liberl Calamity'. The 3rd is a goldmine of important and ideas that all subsequent games constantly refer to. It's both the epilogue to the Liberl duology and the preface to both Crossbell and Erebonia duo/trilogy."

Damnit not that far in and Ive already messed up

Missed a rather large sidequest and now its expired.... I would have to restart from the beginning

Oh well

How important is Max BP anyways? Whats the minimum BP i can hit to maximize treasure

Damnit not that far in and Ive already messed up

Missed a rather large sidequest and now its expired.... I would have to restart from the beginning

Oh well

How important is Max BP anyways? Whats the minimum BP i can hit to maximize treasure

The a rank reward in this game isn't great, can't comment on the a rank reward in third. The best thing about a ranking is how a certain scene plays out later in the game.

Linkark07

Banned
And just finished the game. The wait was worth it, the game was amazing. Sure, it had some problems like the pacing but overall, it was great, especially the music. I can see why people praise Falcom in their music department.

Kind of sad now though, since I don't know when we will see Estelle and Joshua again.

Besides the pacing, my only problems were Weissmann. Being the main villain, I was expecting him to being more interesting. Same can be said about the black glasses dude and the witch (granted, didn't bring Zane and Scherezard to their final battles). Also, would have preferred if Joshua and Estelle stayed as siblings, not as a couple. But that's just me

Psxphile

Chapter 9, just got
Josette and opened the new Halo Rail so I'm back on the ship reorganizing.
Quick question, mostly pertaining to the ending beats of Chapter 8:
what's the Fisherman's Guild "special service"? I managed to fish up Valeria Lake's "Master" and got the Master Fisherman title from the local guild member, but all this happened after I got the call to return to Grancel so the Guild was unavailable.
And what am I supposed to do with all this fish? You don't use 'em for any recipes as far as I can see, I've just been selling the non-bait ones whenever I'm low on cash.

Psxphile

I figure the non-bait fish are just for selling. The special service is
a bait shop.

If I hadn't already finished filling up the Fishing Book that *might* have been useful. Lake Master was really the last one on the list I needed to catch. Lame.

Shame the fishing achievement is one of the ones that is borked right now. Maybe by the time I get around to my second run it'll be fixed? *crosses fingers*

Bladenic

In the final dungeon I assume, just fought Bb. Quick question that's a spoiler, do I get to fight
Campanella? I want to know what his fighting style will be

Also I used
Julia and Muller
and I quite liked them. She functioned as my support/caster while I slapped a crit 2 on him and he was doing pretty well. I'm going back to get Zane and Schera for their fights, but now I'm not sure who I want to use past that. I'm consider J, M, Zane, Kloe, Olivier, and Agate (Dat CP boosting Craft yes please). Tough decision :(

OH and Wheel Of Time and Phantom Raid are fking awesome

Chapter 9

The fact that I think I would've missed that super hype Walter/Zane fight if I didn't bring Zane with me really makes me glad I'm bringing the canon characters to fight the enforcers. Looks like Schera's up next.

Chapter 9

The fact that I think I would've missed that super hype Walter/Zane fight if I didn't bring Zane with me really makes me glad I'm bringing the canon characters to fight the enforcers. Looks like Schera's up next.

yea, i changed
characters after every boss anyway. i only ran into bleu by accident. he was immideately asking for princess and his soulmate.

Bladenic

yea, i changed
characters after every boss anyway. i only ran into bleu by accident. he was immideately asking for princess and his soulmate.

That's the only one I didn't oblige because I read here that there's not much to the dialogue like with Zane and Schera, which both had really awesome scenes that shouldn't be missed. I also didn't bring Tita to the fight cuz I read that she doesn't contribute much plus she sucks lol

i also just beat
Loewe
on my first try. Not sure if I got lucky, played well, brought a good team, or what, but it wasn't that bad at all. I brought Agate and Kevin. Does the boss address everyone after the fight? He did address both characters that I had brought.

ALSO THIS NEEDS RESTATING: Silver Will best video game boss/cutscene track Y/Y?

i also just beat
Loewe
on my first try. Not sure if I got lucky, played well, brought a good team, or what, but it wasn't that bad at all. I brought Agate and Kevin. Does the boss address everyone after the fight? He did address both characters that I had brought.

i played well too but i was probably a little slow. so he killed my whole party with his special attack. i think he did 8k to almost every character. what a cheat. i brought kevin and agate too. didn't even think about their previous encounters. this game is just amazing with how everything gets addressed.

Zephyx

Currently @ SC Chapter 1. I'm having a hard time with the monster chest in
Sapphirl Tower
with just Estelle and
Agate
. Should I wait for other party members to join before doing it?

Bladenic

i played well too but i was probably a little slow. so he killed my whole party with his special attack. i think he did 8k to almost every character. what a cheat. i brought kevin and agate too. didn't even think about their previous encounters. this game is just amazing with how everything gets addressed.

What level were you? I believe I was 89/89/86/86 or something like that.

AND now final boss beaten. Time to watch ending. I hope
Weissman doesn't actually get away. Also what's with JRPGs and people fusing into giant disgusting creatures yet seemingly returning to their human form afterward? It's weird.

Currently @ SC Chapter 1. I'm having a hard time with the monster chest in
Sapphirl Tower
with just Estelle and
Agate
. Should I wait for other party members to join before doing it?

Yeah I wouldn't attempt at least till you have 3 characters though nothing is stopping you from waiting till you have a full team.

peakish

Chapter 2 was pretty bland.

Basically a repeat of Chapter 1, feels like they just added it to get some more returning characters into the play. No story progression, no new characters (I guess a new villain, but eh). Beating off the peeping sheep was a nice moment, at least.

I hope that Chapter 3 takes a step forward.

zakujanai

Chapter 2 was pretty bland.

Basically a repeat of Chapter 1, feels like they just added it to get some more returning characters into the play. No story progression, no new characters (I guess a new villain, but eh). Beating off the peeping sheep was a nice moment, at least.

I hope that Chapter 3 takes a step forward.

You're in for a treat. I felt exactly the same after chapter 2 and thought chapter 3 was amazing.

Kalor

In Chapter 9
do you lose/miss out on anything by hitting continue when you die in the Loewe fight?

Edit: Well, I figured out the answer and that it just restarts the fight.

I understand the feeling of "wanting to know more" but here it's not really an issue of the writing or the story. FC and SC are hardly the only 2 games where that lore is present, so I wasn't expecting more than what we got. and actually we already see/read quite a bit of history, e.g. the stuff at the museum, the logs, the crystals etc.
it's obvious that when you're writing something big like this, you want to focus on the characters and events of the single games and you surely don't want to explain everything about the history of the continent or the whatever ancient civilization in one go.

anyone^?

and I'd like to know what happens if you bring
Zane at the Walter fight and Schera at the Lucciola fight.
more backstory stuff and/or action scenes? I wish there was a video or something because honestly I won't really enjoy doing the last dungeon again, I don't even think I have a save file where I'm near that dungeon entrance.

Spoiler 1
After the fight they have a long talk about the dojo and the master and kilika. Walter tells Zane what the master had told him and Zane tells Walter that the master had cancer. They have a duel and bounce around and they do a DBZ-esque final full power attack and Walter gets knocked cold and they decide to just leave him there because he's not going anywhere for a while {insert snickers joke here}.
This one is definitely more satisfying than without.

Spoiler 2
Schera and Luci have a talk about the troupe and their leader Harvey. Luci explains why she killed him. Luci goes to jump off the tower and Schera catches her with her whip. Luci cuts the whip and falls presumably to her death, though Schera comments that she wouldn't make a jump she couldn't live.
I did not do this fight without the person so I can't comment on the scene without. I feel like the payoff was not worth bringing
Schera
as I did not use that character except when necessary.

edit: Oh maybe it was someone else that asked about bringing Kevin to a later fight.

Spoiler 3
After the fight as everyone is coming off the platform, Kevin straight up just walks away and doesn't take part in that scene. I thought it odd at the time, but then when you get the scene with Weissman and Campanella, it all makes sense. Still a little odd though.

Top Bottom