• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

aravuus

Yeah it sounds rather confusing. I'll see what I'm going to to.

I'll be happy to help you with it if I can. I got CS1 from Canada I believe and I'm planning on getting the PAL version of CS2 myself too, so I'm more or less in the same situation. Depends on the release schedule.

Yu Narukami

I'll be happy to help you with it if I can. I got CS1 from Canada I believe and I'm planning on getting the PAL version of CS2 myself too, so I'm more or less in the same situation. Depends on the release schedule.
Could I send you my clear save and you would convert it into an US save? That would be really nice of you. I wanted to buy the EU version but now that FF15 releases on 29.11, there's no way I'll finish CS2 by then since it releases on 11.11. Of course if the US version releases on the same day there won't be any issues with my clear save.

aravuus

Could I send you my clear save and you would convert it into an US save? That would be really nice of you. I wanted to buy the EU version but now that FF15 releases on 29.11, there's no way I'll finish CS2 by then since it releases on 11.11. Of course if the US version releases on the same day there won't be any issues with my clear save.

You know I think I've gotten a bit confused during this whole conversation lol, but you've got a PAL/EU region CS clear save you want converted into a US save, right? I don't see why not.

e: hahaha I think I'm confused on a lot more ways than just one, but that's what you get for posting in the morning at work I guess. But yeah either way just send me the whole folder named PS3 you get by copying the game save from your PS3 and I'll see what I can do.

Yu Narukami

Now that I finished the game I have a few questions. Ending spoilers.
-What's the origin of the Old Schoolhouse again? I can't remember. Is its purpose only to guard Valimar? And why is it so futuristic in the end?
-What is Loa? A guardian of a guardian?
-What are the Divine Knights? The class members mention that the legend was true, what legend?
-If Sharon is an Enforcer and Vita too, aren't they part of the same organization?
-Why the heck do the Field Studies always take place where the "bad guys" are aswell?

Now that I finished the game I have a few questions. Ending spoilers.
-What's the origin of the Old Schoolhouse again? I can't remember. Is its purpose only to guard Valimar? And why is it so futuristic in the end?
-What is Loa? A guardian of a guardian?
-What are the Divine Knights? The class members mention that the legend was true, what legend?
-If Sharon is an Enforcer and Vita too, aren't they part of the same organization?
-Why the heck do the Field Studies always take place where the "bad guys" are aswell?

Well i'll answer some of these:
Sharon and vita are part of the same organisation but they certainly don't have the same goals
The field studies happenned in places important to the empire witch happenned to showcase the problems the empire had. So far it was a coincidence
The schoolhouse was made to house valimar and the school was made there and later relocated.

Cqef

Well i'll answer some of these:
The field studies happenned in places important to the empire witch happenned to showcase the problems the empire had. So far it was a coincidence

Erf, can't swallow that. The field study locations are decided by the board of directors. I don't know about Irina and Karl, but I totally can picture Rufus being aware of all sorts of shady stuff going on in Erebonia, and intentionally got Class 7 involved with those. If you consider every field study case-by-case, somehow you'll always be able to find his involvement. He definitely must know about the ILF early on, since they are basically hired goons of the Noble Faction, so he has to know of their plans, hence sending Rean's group in Nord.
also, >coincidence in kiseki
you srs mate

Nyoro SF

What are the Divine Knights? The class members mention that the legend was true, what legend?

I wish I remembered the answer to the first one here, because I think I remember Machias talking about it before.

The second one:
Enforcers operate at a level underneath Anguis. Sharon is an Enforcer, Vita is an Anguis.

Yu Narukami

I wish I remembered the answer to the first one here, because I think I remember Machias talking about it before.

The second one:
Enforcers operate at a level underneath Anguis. Sharon is an Enforcer, Vita is an Anguis.

I kinda have the feeling that people that didn't play FC and SC are a little penalized. I had to read about the Angius'. Unless it's explained in the sequel.

Nyoro SF

I kinda have the feeling that people that didn't play FC and SC are a little penalized. I had to read about the Angius'. Unless it's explained in the sequel.

That is why I recommend playing FC and SC first whenever I can. As the series goes on it's only going to get worse, I think.

CS2 expects you to know other things introduced in past games too. Also CS2 contains major Zero/Ao spoilers without much context to them.

CS3 in particular, is probably not going to hold back at all, since they're going to have to involve way more elements of past games rather than just "referencing" them like it's done so far, so it's gonna get tougher for us.

preta

Well, you really are supposed to play the series in order. While Cold Steel can be played first, it's far from ideal. By playing it, you've already had a fairly major twist from SC spoiled. Also, I wouldn't suggest reading about
Anguis or Enforcers
- you're very likely to run into major FC, SC and Ao spoilers.

Erf, can't swallow that. The field study locations are decided by the board of directors. I don't know about Irina and Karl, but I totally can picture Rufus being aware of all sorts of shady stuff going on in Erebonia, and intentionally got Class 7 involved with those. If you consider every field study case-by-case, somehow you'll always be able to find his involvement. He definitely must know about the ILF early on, since they are basically hired goons of the Noble Faction, so he has to know of their plans, hence sending Rean's group in Nord.
also, >coincidence in kiseki
you srs mate
i'll admit that it's not a coincidence , but i refuse to think only rufus was involved in ALL those choices. And that beg the question: Why put everyone in potential danger , especially when your little brother is nearby ?

Also chapter 5 castle is certainly a coincidence, no way that was planned ( or was it ? celine ? )

I also don't get the point of sending them so far away in CHP3 if they have an extra goal in mind...

Cqef

i'll admit that it's not a coincidence , but i refuse to think only rufus was involved in ALL those choices.

Oh I'm with you here, there's no way he is the only one. But for all we know for now, he *is* a (and not the) common denominator.

And that beg the question: Why put everyone in potential danger , especially when your little brother is nearby ?

Potential danger, it is indeed. But this potential danger is first and foremost planned. Class 7's successes are planned in the same way.

Also chapter 5 castle is certainly a coincidence, no way that was planned ( or was it ? celine ? )

Celine you say? Hahaha oh man oh man close enough, because Celine *did* drop Class 7's lance-wielding, light-shrouded, golden haired saviour's nickname right after beating Nosferatu, and THIS is a major hint that this is NOT a coincidence :V

I also don't get the point of sending them so far away in CHP3 if they have an extra goal in mind...

Again, everything is planned.

Cqef

9WhF3WN.jpg

Shahed

So a 2 month wait for the EU version? That's disappointing. I'll probably have to avoid the thread until I finish the game so it'll be closer to 3 months before I can mess around and discuss things. Oh well.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ahhhh crap, so the date was true...

I was hoping it was November honestly so I could play SMTIVA! ...and try to get the platinum trophy in CS1

Nyoro SF

I'll be in Japan for a while during that time... so this is like a repeat of CS1 where I was across the country on Christmas vacation and everyone got to play the game without me. Have fun everyone lol

Kalor

I wish the EU release date was closer but it's not that long of a wait. Xseed will probably officially announce it tomorrow.

Edit: Nevermind, they posted about it on twitter.

Gu4n

Damn, too early. Still have 2 1/2 chapters left, plus I already have WoFF and Exist Archive coming up...
I speak for everyone in this thread if I say we're going to help you get through the game in time. Have you managed to defeat that chapter 5 boss with my most recent advice?

(PS: I'm delaying Persona 5 for Cold Steel II, a game I finished twice already.)

Holy shit September 6th is close, and I start university again that day as well. Guess I'll have to skip out on Deus Ex next week so I can pound through the first CS. I'm halfway through Chapter 4 right now and I feel bad for putting it off like this even though I bought the LE at release.

Just came here to say that the Lionheart version is amazing and I hope I can get CSII soon after Sept 6, since I plan on getting it physical to match CSII. Still have to play the game though, but that's something I'll do later.

Bladenic

Omg so excited for CS2. Time to wrap up the Platinum run and wait for that sweet AF release day delivery. I've never gone through the full art book either since it had 2 spoilers. A few weeks more to wait! And with the FF15 delay I'll be able to devote fully.

Cornbread78

I speak for everyone in this thread if I say we're going to help you get through the game in time. Have you managed to defeat that chapter 5 boss with my most recent advice?
(PS: I'm delaying Persona 5 for Cold Steel II, a game I finished twice already.)

Yeah, I beat him the other day. I finally survived through one of his "triple" turns and was able to whitle down his hp enough to abuse Alisha's Blessed arrows and just S crafted through everyone, lol. So stupid. Eliot was dead and didn't get any exp, but that was a small price to pay for finally getting through that crap.

Thoraxes

XSEED hitting Summer 2016 versus Fall 2016 makes my heart go doki-doki.

Also I'm planning on streaming a full story-runthrough of CS the weekend before if people want a refresher. I'll post in here when I do.

Yeah, I beat him the other day. I finally survived through one of his "triple" turns and was able to whiddle down his hp enough to abuse Alisha's Blessed arrows and just S crafted through everyone, lol. So stupid. Eliot was dead and didn't get any exp, but that was a small price to pay for finally getting through that crap.

Don't worry much about exp for teammates. The game will make sure every character is caught up after each chapter.

aravuus

Wait, the EU version is confirmed to come a couple of months late? Well that's a no-brainer then, gonna order a US copy from VG+ again when I get home. Hope I'll be able to finish Deus Ex MD before September 6th.

Does it take long to go through? I've heard that everything doesn't transfer over, which is dumb. Also does anything import into the new game?

You can transfer over everything. Basically, the at the start of your first New Game+ you'd be given 5 points to spend on what to carry for your second playthrough:

NG_zps40y8ppec.jpg

If you also chose a low difficulty you could practically just run past all enemies in every field and dungeon and go straight to the bosses.

Hey, I'll take it if it meant I could actually finally watch [CS Final Chapter Spoiler]
Jusis and Machias duet-ing.

You can transfer over everything. Basically, the at the start of your first New Game+ you'd be given 5 points to spend on what to carry to you second playthrough:

NG_zps40y8ppec.jpg

If you also chose a low difficulty you could practically just run past all enemies in every field and dungeon and go straight to the bosses.

Hey, I'll take it if it meant I could actually finally watch [CS Final Chapter Spoiler]
Jusis and Machias duet-ing.
Ah, that helps a ton. Thanks. Guess I'll make the final push through my save and jump back in if I can just blast through it.

One last question: is there any new content in NG+?

Top Bottom