• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

I believe they had said that CS had 10,000 voiced lines, so it sounds about the same, although I'm guessing there's probably some reused battle cries from CS1, so it might wind up being a little more actual dialogue in CS2.

IIRC CS2 has a smaller script, so a similar amount of voiced lines would be a higher percentage of the game.

IIRC CS2 has a smaller script, so a similar amount of voiced lines would be a higher percentage of the game.

I had been under that impression as well, but XSEED's post refers to the game as having 1.45 million characters, which is higher than what most people had been saying (I thought 1.25 million was the figure thrown around), and would make it around the same size as CS1.

Zeta Oni

Ok, so does someone mind helping me out with a quest?

In chapter 4, the mission "Snapped". Found the Rex kid the first two times, but I cannot find that third spot they ran off to.

Checked a guide and it's not particularly clear as to where to go. This is the only mission that's giving me any trouble so far, and I feel like it's probably in an obvious spot I'm missing.

Thanks in advance, as I'll probably read your reply and then hop right back in.

Xeteh

In chapter 4, the mission "Snapped". Found the Rex kid the first two times, but I cannot find that third spot they ran off to.

Checked a guide and it's not particularly clear as to where to go. This is the only mission that's giving me any trouble so far, and I feel like it's probably in an obvious spot I'm missing.

The auditorium.

CrazyDude

Auditorium

pixxxelz

Sooo in chapter 4
where am I suppose meet instructor neithartd?
I accidentally skipped the dialogue without reading it and now I can't find him and there's no marker in the map either..

Xeteh

Sooo in chapter 4
where am I suppose meet instructor neithartd?
I accidentally skipped the dialogue without reading it and now I can't find him and there's no marker in the map either..

Is it the side quest? Should be in the faculty lounge iirc.

Just watched intro to Cold Steel 2. Looks awesome, spoilers obviously, particularly if you haven't finished CS1. Takes a bit of the sting out of the ending and wait.

Regarding playable characters,
please tell me Laura's dad joins the party in 2!

Just watched intro to Cold Steel 2. Looks awesome, spoilers obviously, particularly if you haven't finished CS1. Takes a bit of the sting out of the ending and wait.

This was Falcom's pre-launch hype trailer for CS2, which remains one of my favourite hype trailers out there. Be warned, Falcom loves spoilers, so there's CS2 spoiler here that may not be what you want to see.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkKo5epzMlM

This was Falcom's pre-launch hype trailer for CS2, which remains one of my favourite hype trailers out there. Be warned, Falcom loves spoilers, so there's CS2 spoiler here that may not be what you want to see.

That's extremely hype! I didn't mind the spoilers, going to be waiting for this for months.... Certainly a lot in that trailer,
mecha knight/Sara team up seemed sweet, new villains, Jusis as an adversary, seems Olivert's airship will serve as a mobile base for Rean's party, which is awesome albeit expected, didn't see much radiant blade master in there though....

SC's was stupid hype too. Glad I waited till the PC release to watch that one. :O

Fie is quickly becoming this game's Drowsy Rita Mordio. Snarky and insightful little smartass. Glad I waited to max out the link till late for the events.

Ch 7:
OK, Thoma has brought his girlfriend clear across the empire and snuck out at night with her. That makes Rean look REAL bad being shown up by a 13yo. Rean pls

I wonder if that Heartless thing was the one talking to Rean and them or was it the Weltall speaking or someone else? Huh.

Do we ever get to learn what happens to the other group when you go out on field studies? Sounds like some interesting things happened, especially in chapter 6
when the RMP mobilizes forces in both groups' locations

If only in a text dump. We know 1s and 4s, but the rest are a cypher outside of one comment from one classmate that participated.

Xenoflare

I wonder how the other groups function in the field studies since the game make it as if they can't hold up themselves unless Rean is there.

I mean, sure, he's the protag but come on.

That's extremely hype! I didn't mind the spoilers, going to be waiting for this for months.... Certainly a lot in that trailer,
mecha knight/Sara team up seemed sweet, new villains, Jusis as an adversary, seems Olivert's airship will serve as a mobile base for Rean's party, which is awesome albeit expected, didn't see much radiant blade master in there though....

I posted a lot of the characters in a spoiler several pages back if you want to know or just youtube it, easy enough to find.

I wonder how the other groups function in the field studies since the game make it as if they can't hold up themselves unless Rean is there.

I mean, sure, he's the protag but come on.

Normally they do fine, its the ones who are having issues where he ends up being helpful.

In some cases he doesn't even do that much. Up to chapter 4 spoilers
He have a big part in getting Machias/Jusis to work togeather but he ends up just moderating Fie/Laura they pretty much solve everything on their own.

Edit: Didn't mean to double post my bad.

Xeteh

Fie is quickly becoming this game's Drowsy Rita Mordio. Snarky and insightful little smartass. Glad I waited to max out the link till late for the events.

I don't know who that is but Fie is probably my favorite classmate. She doesn't talk much but when she does she's got some good lines. She's super entertaining.

I don't know who that is but Fie is probably my favorite classmate. She doesn't talk much but when she does she's got some good lines. She's super entertaining.

The way she trolls Rean in the later parts of the game is just great. Chapter 6 spoilers
When you go out to meet with Claire and she just picks on you the whole time and even after it, with Alisa doing her 'glare' thing, I was laughing so hard.

The way she trolls Rean in the later parts of the game is just great. Chapter 6 spoilers
When you go out to meet with Claire and she just picks on you the whole time and even after it, with Alisa doing her 'glare' thing, I was laughing so hard.

Chapter 7 spoiler with Fie
if you take Fie out on the bike ride to collect the costumes, her answer to Misty when asked if she and Rean are planning a weekend romantic rendezvous was the best.

... Bingo.

Xeteh

Yep, that is one of my favorite bits with her. She's fantastic.

So for those wanting info about Cold Steel 2's release they posted an update on facebook! Those who want to read it no spoilers what so ever.

https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/posts/1304114426280634:0

For those who don't want to read it (its not a long post)

Transation: 95% complete
Editing: 42% Complete (what an odd % lol)

They confirm they are on schedule and plan to begin recording in March (11000 lines to record) keeping the date simply at 2016 for now.

Looks like a very late summer or fall release being likely, god I hope I can wait that long.

Much farther along than I was expecting, guess they also started the translation a good half a year before I thought they did. Hopefully this means we'll be seeing this sooner than the tail end of the year.

Droplet

Welp, I have approximately now until when CSII comes out to forget everything I just saw in that trailer. Shouldn't be too hard. Probably.

Abdiel

That was fucking awesome. But arghhhhhh now I want it even more. Fuuuuuuuckkkkkkk!

Also?

Platinum Achieved.

It joins the ranks of Persona 4: Golden on my Vita platinum trophies.

Feels good. Game deserves it. I think I'm going to buy a copy for my friend.

PS3 or Vita?

Might pick this up soon, I'll probably go Vita but I'm curious if there's any reason why I should play the PS3 version instead.

Nyoro SF

I feel really bad for Dandy. Please read the OP.

Halfway through chapter 3. Damn this is a big area. However it doesn't take too long to get to where I need to go. Plus it's super entertaining to see that
rhino-like creature's real size after coming from FC/SC. It's freaking massive, good thing I remembered my Sky strats of running away from it lol

Gu4n

Sorry. :(

Man, closing in on 80 hours, and still pretty early on in chapter 6...
They're enormous games, don't worry. If there would an ongoing clock for the series as a whole, mine would be at 550 hours, excluding replays, by now.

Xeteh

PS3 or Vita?

Might pick this up soon, I'll probably go Vita but I'm curious if there's any reason why I should play the PS3 version instead.

PS3 has slightly faster loads. That is really about it. Framerate might be a tad bit better at spots but its bad at times on both. Just go with whichever you prefer.

Olivier for MC of CS3, with Sara and Schera in the party pls.

I actually wouldn't be surprised in the least if they do the same thing as 3rd and make it about one particular character.

Sara, protag of CS3? Yes please.

BTW, Dio...

I take it your Fie question on her CS2 wardrobe should be pretty much answered, no? :p

Dio

Banned
BTW, Dio...

I take it your Fie question on her CS2 wardrobe should be pretty much answered, no? :p

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean, I'll probably learn more about why in CS2 but still.

That being said, she basically dresses [Trails FC/SC]
like Joshua, which makes sense since both have Jaeger fighting styles and use dual blades and have scarves over their mouths
but with more midriff showing. I was always aware of that, but now that I know for sure, it's more concrete.

Gu4n

Hmmm, I take it that Rean and Class VII's story is finish in CSII if the protagonists for CSIII is up for debate?
Well, Falcom's CEO Kondo said that Cold Steel II would be a game changer for the series as a whole. And he definitely wasn't joking around, meaning all bets are off. It could be Rean or any member of Class VII as much as it could be Estelle, Cassius or - the hell, why not? - Gilbert.

Sara, protag of CS3? Yes please.
Doubtful. I've put my money on Gaius and/or Laura.

Don't assume that at all. I haven't actually played CS2 myself.

It's just that The 3rd is about Kevin, so it'd have precedence.
But unlike SC, the story per CS2 is far from finished.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean, I'll probably learn more about why in CS2 but still.

Like I said, it's not all perfect or anything
there's absolutely no "realistic" reason why she needs to bare that midriff, that's clearly the designer creative license
but in terms of why
it's so different from the rest of the cast and why she's not the type of character to be as bothered about it as say... Laura or Alisa
, it makes some sense for her character, since
she doesn't have the same dressing sense as the rest of the cast, being a Jaeger and her black jacket is the Zephyr jacket. Plus she's far less sensitive about exposure and stuff.

Well, Falcom's CEO Kondo said that Cold Steel II would be a game changer for the series as a whole. And he definitely wasn't joking around, meaning all bets are off. It could be Rean or any member of Class VII as much as it could be Estelle, Cassius or - the hell, why not? - Gilbert.

Laura as protag? Take all my money, Falcom.

Don't assume that at all. I haven't actually played CS2 myself.

It's just that The 3rd is about Kevin, so it'd have precedence.

Ah I see, okay.

Gu4n

To provide a bit of context for The 3rd's development:Originally, Falcom intended to move to Erebonia after the completion of SC. Circumstances (probably the limitations of the current engine in light of the size of Erebonia) led to a last-minute decision to shift the focus to Crossbell first. Originally, I found out through omgfloofy last week, the hook of The 3rd in SC (SC/Final Ch. spoiler:
Loewe's comment when you take Kevin to his battle
) was only included in a patch after SC's release. So The 3rd was born out of necessity to re-direct the series toward Crossbell rather than Erebonia, only to visit the Empire once they could shift to a more powerful engine/platform.

Cold Steel is a different beast. Almost everything in Cold Steel and II suggest that there were originally intended as one game, followed by a successor to provide answers and wrap things up. In the end, Cold Steel II feels more like (no spoiler, only insight into CS2 role vis-à-vis CS1)
a massive conclusion to the "first half", with a little stretching here and there and some additional content not completely unlike the extra context The 3rd provided. Cold Steel II isn't structured as tightly its predecessor and opens things up. I personally enjoy its freedoms, while the more rigid structure
of Cold Steel I is preferred by others.

Yu Narukami

If there weren't save bonuses for the sequel I would have imported the NA version a long time ago. Now I still have to wait until the 29.1 for the European version to release.
What are the bonuses anyway? Are you penalized if you start at level 1 in CSII?

Top Bottom