• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be Ryu. Though he seems to be a pretty decent airbender nowadays.
I suppose Kuruk would be a better insult?
tumblr_nbluybsj851qihroqo1_500.gif
He does like to travel the world doing fuck all with his time, though if he picked random fights in bars like Kuruk he'd get his ass beat, which I'd pay money to see.

Afrocious

I was thinking of a base for a fan fiction of the kind I like to think about, wherein our Earth is actually the World of Avatar 70,000 years after a massive catastrophe (known to us as the Toba Catastrophe).

This catastrophe, whatever it was, reshapes the world's geography, drives countless species to extinction, sends humanity back to a hunter gather society, severs the Spirit World from the physical, and strips bending from all life.

This happened when Korra and Asami were in the Spirit World. Cut off and finding no way back, they entered the Tree of Time and went into a deep stasis where they technically "died" allowing Raava, being immortal, to find a way back.

In 1979 an Israeli ship carrying a tiny piece of frozen spirit vine that survived in the antarctic exploded in the south Indian Ocean (Vela Incident) and created a microscopic tear in the barrier between worlds. After working at it for a decade, Raava finally broke through and made a new Avatar.

The process of breaking through weakened Raava enough that she remained dormant within the new Avatar until awoken suddenly in 2015. This new Avatar must come to terms with their role and power while trying to find a way to create new spirit portals before the next Harmonic Convergence at the end of the year so that bending can be restored to the world.

As long as you have it so this new Avatar revives Korra and Asami to live in 2015, I will fund this.

As long as you have it so this new Avatar revives Korra and Asami to live in 2015, I will fund this.
That's part of the plan. Though I'm not sure if I'd want her to somehow retain all of her bending or not.

Also I was thinking perhaps to provide a greater antagonist beyond just a scared and confused world, the act of breaking through could have forced the separation of Vaatu from Raava and the creation of a new Dark Avatar.

Only this time, due to Vaatu actually being born from Raava, the Dark Avatar will possess all four forms of bending.

Afrocious

tLQ8B.png

I wouldn't exactly call it an apology. But I guess so.

Are you talking about book 1 or book 2? I don't remember him apologising for shit in book 2.

I'm talking about in the whole show. Did he ever apologize for his actions?

I think even Prince Wu called him out on his bullshit, along with Yin.

Yeah I remember this. I'm surprised he didn't apologize. It would've made him a more redeemable character if he did.

Yeah I remember this. I'm surprised he didn't apologize. It would've made him a more redeemable character if he did.
I'm always going to be surprised nobody set Mako's shit on fire. With season 2 he had it coming.

Daemul

I remember him saying something about how he''s sorry about how things got messed up between him and Asami, but I wouldn't consider that an apology. An apology would be him saying, "I'm sorry that I messed up". Asami did nothing to fuck up that relationship, it was all Mako.

Daemul

I was just doing some googling, and someone did a much better job of explaining why Mako's "apology" was bullshit.

Let's Roast Mako

5.) But Mako apologized to Asami and they broke up, so it’s okay for him to date Korra now.

First of all, the way Mako apologized to Asami isn’t a real apology. He apologizes in the passive voice, which is how politicians talk to avoid taking responsibility. Mako says, “I’m sorry things got messed up between us” rather than “I’m sorry that I messed up.” You see the difference? Asami didn’t do anything wrong in the relationship, it was all Mako. Their relationship didn’t get magically “messed up” overnight. Mako was the one who was pinning after Korra while in a relationship with Asami and who couldn’t be bothered to take five minutes to break up with Asami, even though he says in episode 12 that he realized that he loved Korra back in episode 9. Talk about an unfortunate implication that Mako’s just keeping Asami around for backup in case Korra doesn’t like him anymore.

Furthermore, Mako’s excuse for not dealing with Asami in episode 10 is pretty pathetic. He can’t take the time to talk to Asami because there’s a war going on, and yet that doesn’t prevent him from coming onto Korra in front of her. (I am referring to the scene at the end of episode 10 where Mako randomly puts his arm around Korra for no apparent reason. He could have been trying to comfort Korra, but considering the problems he has with Asami at the moment are directly related to him liking Korra and cheating on Asami with Korra, that was inappropriate at best and downright cruel at worst.)

Nor does the war going on prevent Mako from telling Korra how brave and selfless she is (traits that actually don’t apply to Korra , but that do apply to Asami) while Asami is sleeping nearby. Bryke also confirmed that Mako was leaning in for a kiss during that scene. You know, while his girlfriend that he’s stringing along is sleeping 20 feet away. What a great person he is!

Korra can be brave, but she didn’t do anything like side against her father like Asami did. At the end of the day, Korra’s parents still love her. Asami could have taken the easy way out and sided with her father, but she didn’t. The idea that Korra is somehow incredibly selfless is ridiculous. Asami was the one being selfless by turning against her only parent who had taken care of her most of her life to do what she thought was right. Not to mention, Korra was very selfish and unlikable in her pursuit of Mako.

As for Mako and Asami breaking up, “I still care about you” is very open-ended. Like many things in this season, that “break-up” was rushed and forced. Why even bother to have Masami be canon for a while if they aren’t even going to break up properly on-screen? Why not just make Makorra (along with Pema/Tenzin obviously) the only canon ship and focus on developing affection between those two if it was going to be endgame anyway? It would be less rushed and maybe Mako and Korra would actually be civil to each other in situations that don’t involve them fighting the Equalists. Also, Asami is so amazing that she really deserved better than just being Mako’s arm candy and the target of Korra’s rage for the first three episodes she was in.

I can’t believe that Bryke was bragging about the lack of filler in this series and then crammed it full of poorly-written romance. That romance was the worst kind of filler because rather than resulting in any character development, which could have happened with more episodes to space out the romance and better writing, the romance actually resulted in character derailment and regression. Mako is basically a tool for the romance subplot and a creator’s pet. While I still have hope for Korra, she never apologizes to Asami or ever seems to take Asami’s feelings into consideration after episode 7, which has made me dislike her and has made her not be my favorite character anymore.

Here’s some advice, if you ever need to break up with someone, do not do what Mako did. I suppose the one good thing about the romance in LOK is that it can be a teaching tool about how not to handle your romantic relationships.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Afrocious

There's a fanfic called Watch The World Burn on FF.net. It's piss violent with Korra murdering people and having general disregard of life.

Yo, this fanfic is on point. It's a AU story about what if Korra was a sociopath. It's short and is in bite-sized chunks. Well done story, here.

EDIT: This shit turns into American Psycho lol wtf.

Lethe82

Banned
That would be Ryu. Though he seems to be a pretty decent airbender nowadays.
I suppose Kuruk would be a better insult?
tumblr_nbluybsj851qihroqo1_500.gif

That scene was actually hilarious, 'classic Korra'. She has the social grace and deft touch of a bulldozer. XD

I AM GOING TO YELL AT YOU UNTIL YOU AGREE WITH ME!!!!

May as well lol.

I was talking about the pro-bending sparring between her and the bros where she just snarls.

So far, I think she's killed Bolin, or at least disabled him mentally.
How the fuck can you disable Bolin mentally...further. Did she fry the dude's brain like Ms. Martian?

Afrocious

How the fuck can you disable Bolin mentally...further. Did she fry the dude's brain like Ms. Martian?

Just read it. It's pretty short. It's kinda hilarious where this is story is going. It's basically book 1 told if Korra was insane.

Damn, I'm almost at the end. This Korra is smart as fuck. This is some Attack on Titan shit.

Finished. That was a good read.

Just read it. It's pretty short. It's kinda hilarious where this is story is going. It's basically book 1 told if Korra was insane.

Damn, I'm almost at the end. This Korra is smart as fuck. This is some Attack on Titan shit.

I'll do it when I get home. I'm actually at work...working :(

Lethe82

Banned

I've just started with it and finished the intro with Naga. I'm not sure if I want to keep reading.

This is some "We need to talk about Kevin" level mind fuckery.

You know instead of writing a fanfic or whatever you guys where plannign why not just look into doing a Avatar verse PnP RPG via correspondence.

Of all the things to post... Lets not go down that road either and think it's okay to post that kind of fan fiction. Only a supremely disturbed individual could write something like that or enjoy it.

Let's impose a moratorium on that kind of fiction the same as we have on sex fiction.

Afrocious

Of all the things to post... Lets not go down that road either and think it's okay to post that kind of fan fiction. Only a supremely disturbed individual could write something like that or enjoy it.

Let's impose a moratorium on that kind of fiction the same as we have on sex fiction.

Hey, I'm not supremely disturbed. I mean, I like well-written horror and that kind of scratched that itch but yeah.

However, I'll remove it.

Well, I now I'm looking at art for this couple... And it's totally ok because they were actually a couple!!

Add Pema, plus a break up and a destroyed air temple island... And you get this

Damn you Tenzin!!!
GjTaEtm.jpg
I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck Tenzin broke up with that? Lin was a number one stunner, Pema's like a quirky 7.

Afrocious

That wasn't horror. That was sadism.

Sadism is horror.

I probably should've put a warning up I suppose. Sorry for that. The writer even puts a warning up.

I will also concede that I can be a very dark person, so I understand things I may enjoy along those lines may not another's cup of tea.

Lethe82

Banned
I honestly don't have a problem with it being up. I finished it, it was pretty scary/disturbing, but whatever people think is best. It's just certainly not a read that I think everyone can stomach.

Afrocious

I honestly don't have a problem with it being up. I finished it, it was pretty scary/disturbing, but whatever people think is best. It's just certainly not a read that I think everyone can stomach.

Precisely. I'm not trying to post stuff folks will feel alienated from with justification. Korrasami stuff is fine as long as it doesn't get too out there with explicit sexual depiction (which I've found great works of). It also stands to reason that not all people want to read about a dog getting abused or people getting tortured.

On that note, the writer of that horror story I posted wrote a small fic about Korra and Asami's time in the Spirit World. It's quite tender. I like this writer.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10911683/1/Interlude

I'm still trying to figure out how the fuck Tenzin broke up with that? Lin was a number one stunner, Pema's like a quirky 7.

Pema's a babe, dude. We just never see her out of her robes. I'd pick Pema over Lin any day. Plus, you know damn well Lin and Tenzin was probably almost exactly like Eska and Bolin.

Pema's a got dam home wrecker!!! She's 15 years younger than Lin so when Tenzin saw that young girl trying to get at him, he dropped Lin like a bad habit.

Aang wasn't even a shitty dad. Kya and Bumi were just complaining about how Tenzin got all the attention, and Tenzin didn't even realize that had been the case all those years.

Lethe82

Banned

The entire Tenzin/Kya/Bumi story in season 2 was basically 'dad kind of sucked, played favorites, and ran away/avoided real challenges in our lives when we needed him to be there for us'.

Apparently he never fully got over being that young boy who was all set to run away instead of killing the FireLord until a magic turtle gave him Energy Bending.

Pema's a babe, dude. We just never see her out of her robes. I'd pick Pema over Lin any day. Plus, you know damn well Lin and Tenzin was probably almost exactly like Eska and Bolin.
Lin is an intelligent, independent woman with her own money. I'd like to think she wasn't always that fucking salty. Granted yes I do joke that Tenzin left Lin to be in a relationship where he can actually play the "male" role.
Exactly. You dun goofed Tenzin!

But that's okay, Kya is the only person she needs now!
Tenzin dropping Lin is probably what killed Aang, his heart just couldn't withstand the shock of it.

Lethe82

Banned
Hey, at least Aang wasn't as shitty a dad as Goku was lol

I was going to say "I mean we're not talking Goku levels here but-", Ang still doesn't seem like he was a very good dad, even considering the importance he had to place on Tenzin for the Air Bender culture. Ang was always a little flaky as a child, and he never seemed to have grown out of that at least when it came to his children. It will be interesting to see a season 2 re-watch.

Aang wasn't even a shitty dad. Kya and Bumi were just complaining about how Tenzin got all the attention, and Tenzin didn't even realize that had been the case all those years.

Even if that was the totality of it, that's still being a shitty father.

360pages

Yeah, I only write good wholesome adventures. Really dumb and silly stuff.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tenzin dropping Lin is probably what killed Aang, his heart just couldn't withstand the shock of it.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. :lol

Speaking of which, I just remembered the scene of Lin and Su arguing with one another and Su dropping the bomb of "No wonder Tenzin left you." or something along those lines. When she said that I was like "Ooooooh no she didn't!!" XD

360pages

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. :lol

Speaking of which, I just remembered the scene of Lin and Su arguing with one another and Su dropping the bomb of "No wonder Tenzin left you." or something along those lines. When she said that I was like "Ooooooh no she didn't!!" XD

The reason why they broke up was the fact Tenzin wanted kids and Lin didn't And while Lin is badass, legit she would make a terrible significant other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom