• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Guys, the ATLA subreddit has opened my eyes to a new ship. I have no idea how I missed this shit.

hCoVSgD.png

gX75fVf.png

xgVuZuv.png

EvQ9nPj.png

TQaC3Pl.png

mYyhYe8.png

I6JxtmD.png

26idtZQ.png

post-29155-Blink-182-WHAT-THE-FUCK-gif-Im-YEwO.gif

I guess Bryke were right, we had to rewatch season 3 to see it.

Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for the pair in my re-watch of the series.

If it found it's way to Zaofu's doorstep, then Su would be able to handle it because that's where her focus is. Plus, I don't think those ideas just POPPED into Kuvira's head. She had an idea of what she would do before she went in. She was very prepared (look at when Su tried to assassinate her) in general.

Sticking your head in the sand isn't the same thing as what Su was doing. She wasn't trying to ignore the problem, she just didn't approve of the solution and wasn't going to carry it out. She didn't want to be seen as a conqueror and she didn't think the monarchy was the best option. She didn't want to have anything to do with it. She probably would have been fine with providing asylum to people though. That was definitely her thing.

Also, the idea of a combustion ninja is so fucking cool.
Zaofu can handle a large army of marauding earth benders, sure. It's one city against a collective of bandits from all of the cities that Kuvira had to unite. I would assume that to be a sizable force. And Su never provided a counter solution she just opted to do nothing. I have a very hard time seeing Su as this bastion of right decisions since this is the same person that helped cause a 30 year rift in her family and didn't even have the stomach or moral fiber to even apologize for it. Yes we're talking in circles about this...again. we both have our opinions on this. If anybody has a different opinion please join in I won't mind. And I'm not really in the mood for a two man war about this thing.

Zaofu can handle a large army of marauding earth benders, sure. It's one city against a collective of bandits from all of the cities that Kuvira had to unite. I would assume that to be a sizable force. And Su never provided a counter solution she just opted to do nothing. I have a very hard time seeing Su as this bastion of right decisions since this is the same person that helped cause a 30 year rift in her family and didn't even have the stomach or moral fiber to even apologize for it. Yes we're talking in circles about this...again. we both have our opinions on this. If anybody has a different opinion please join in I won't mind. And I'm not really in the mood for a two man war about this thing.

I was just about to say that we're going to have to agree to disagree. Like I see where you're coming from (even though she did apologize), so I get it. I just think we're both on opposite sides here.

On the other hand, if P'Li could lightningbend she'd be overpowered. Firebending AND combustionbending? Sign me up.

I was just about to say that we're going to have to agree to disagree. Like I see where you're coming from (even though she did apologize), so I get it. I just think we're both on opposite sides here.

On the other hand, if P'Li could lightningbend she'd be overpowered. Firebending AND combustionbending? Sign me up.
P'Li is over powered she's actually pretty agile for her size. She might even charge it up faster than combustion man, plus she can curve her shots. We are on different sides. You can whine about something as long as you think of a better solution. I'm not asking for Su to roll in with opposition crushing tanks, but if she used Kuvira as a proxy and just kept good enough tabs on her it could've gone better besides Su and Kuvira had respect for each other, it was just Su and her reluctance to do anything that really pissed her off. I know you don't see the chain of events the way I do. I don't mind discussions at all though, I'm just not like some here willing to put in the all nighters and wake up two days later to debate the same fucking thing.

P'Li is over powered she's actually pretty agile for her size. She might even charge it up faster than combustion man, plus she can curve her shots. We are on different sides. You can whine about something as long as you think of a better solution. I'm not asking for Su to roll in with opposition crushing tanks, but if she used Kuvira as a proxy and just kept good enough tabs on her it could've gone better besides Su and Kuvira had respect for each other, it was just Su and her reluctance to do anything that really pissed her off. I know you don't see the chain of events the way I do. I don't mind discussions at all though, I'm just not like some here willing to put in the all nighters and wake up two days later to debate the same fucking thing.

Oh god no. I was never going to do that. That sounds awful.

Book 3 gifs on the previous page got me hype for book 3.

then i saw the gif of kai.

i hate kai. forever a reminder of bryke's idiotic 'add more characters' mentality, only to forget about them or not have time for them in the following season. and then also having wasted time introducing them in the first place when that time could've just been used on other characters.

Hamlet

i hate kai. forever a reminder of bryke's idiotic 'add more characters' mentality, only to forget about them or not have time for them in the following season.

No doubt about that.Just another unnecessary character introduced taking that sweet precious time from other characters.
Still I don't think Kai is that bad as a character.

Daemul

i hate kai. forever a reminder of bryke's idiotic 'add more characters' mentality, only to forget about them or not have time for them in the following season. and then also having wasted time introducing them in the first place when that time could've just been used on other characters.

After the first episode of season 4 I thought he was going to play a big part in the fight against Kuvira.

Boy was I wrong.

Hamlet

After the first episode of season 4 I thought he was going to play a big part in the fight against Kuvira.

Boy was I wrong.

"But, Marge, that little guy hasn't done anything yet.
Look at him.
He's gonna do something and you know it's gonna be good."

tumblr_ma3os2nhvO1qztjn5o1_500.png

Shame Kai ended up doing nothing of note.

No doubt about that.Just another unnecessary character introduced taking that sweet precious time from other characters.

Yeah I don't think he was necessarily a bad character, rather that it's just annoying how Bryke added him for no lasting reason.

Daemul

*sigh* all that time wasted on Kai could have been better used on developing Team Avatar and Korrasami. Bryke dun fucked up.

Daemul

Yeah I don't think he was necessarily a bad character, rather that it's just annoying how Bryke added him for no lasting reason.

Didn't they have worries about adding him and that he would be unnecessary? They ignored that worry, and added him anyway, now look at what ended up happening.

i fucking hate that asshole gordon godfrey or whatever from young justice.

his damn nigel thornberry voice is so damn grating

Daemul

The problem with LoK, isn't actually that it introduces too many characters, the problem is, that too many of the characters it introduces, become main stays in the series.

The Bei Fongs should NOT have had so much screen time, why Toph's entire family became so important anyway is beyond me. There should have an arc for them, like they had in season 3, and that should have been it, they should have been relegated to the background, with some guest appearances from Su now and then, since she and Lin are the only ones from that family who matter anyway.

Lok basically became the story of Korra and the Bei Fongs, when it really, REALLY shouldn't have.

Anyway, I really need to try and get some sleep. It's 2:50am and I need to wake up at 6:10am for a 9 hour shift at work. It seems like my body has become accustomed to staying up till the early morning talking about Avatar this past couple of weeks though, cause I am struggling badly to fall asleep lol

Do they not say die that much on the show? Hmm, I never noticed.

As far as I am aware, that is literally the only instance of that. I can't recall if Tarrlok refers to Yakone as "passed away" or if he says that he "died."

They didn't say it at any other point that I can even vaguely recall.

Man watching the Blu-ray, I apparently didn't notice the sheer amount amount of 3D animation and CG in this season. Even the fucking Northern Air Temple collapsing in the distance is CG.

It's also really hard to not hear Azula whenever Ming Hua speaks. Damn you Grey DesLisle. You and your attractive, yet frightening voice.

Man watching the Blu-ray, I apparently didn't notice the sheer amount amount of 3D animation and CG in this season. Even the fucking Northern Air Temple collapsing in the distance is CG.

It's also really hard to not hear Azula whenever Ming Hua speaks. Damn you Grey DesLisle. You and your attractive, yet frightening voice.
I wanted Ming Hua to talk more actually. She sounded quite kooky in my opinion. When she fought she sounded fierce though.

Man, so now that I'm done with the re-watch of Book 3, I must now decide how to watch 4. Certain sites exist, with significantly better players, but far worse quality. And after watching these, I'm so very spoiled.

Hamlet

Haha yeah it's really apparent in the scene where Ming-Hua questions Zaheer about flying. Episode 12.

Man, so now that I'm done with the re-watch of Book 3, I must now decide how to watch 4. Certain sites exist, with significantly better players, but far worse quality. And after watching these, I'm so very spoiled.
Itunes has the best video quality for Book 4 at the moment. That is until the Blu-ray comes out next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom