• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuvira had mommy issues, so clearly that means they should have been fucking.

Yep
tumblr_nh2tchMYp81qfs2z4o1_500.jpg

And Lin has sister issues which explains why people put her with Kya...I don't know shipping is weird. I find it funny, but a lot of it lacks logic.

Shipping is kind of dumb, honestly. If you're pushing for a legitimately likely pairing, then fine. Otherwise, it weirds me the fuck out. Especially because some people get super stupid about it. I'm not afraid to admit that I've gotten into arguments over pairings in the Buffyverse, though. That shit was real.
WillowshouldhavebeenwithOz

Daemul

So most of these lesbian pairings come from the minds of women?...well explains why I can't date.

Yep, Tumblr is majority women. My sister is on there, and the sort of stuff I see on her Tumblr page is.....intriguing lol

I don't mind though, many of the pairings are quite nice, but when Tumblr really likes a pairing, they tend to go really overboard with it.

Yep, Tumblr is majority women. My sister is on there, and the sort of stuff I see on her Tumblr page is.....intriguing lol

I don't mind though, many of the pairings are quite nice, but when Tumblr really likes a pairing, they tend to go really overboard with it.
That reminds me of a particular canonized pairing cough.

Me neither. Lin couldn't stay with Tenzin so she lands his hotter older sister. Win.

Lin should have just gotten with Su. Did you see the way Lin said "I love you" to Su during Enter the Void? Plus, they're only half-sisters, so it's not, like, 100% incest or anything. Plus, Su traveled the world. Guarantee she experimented.

Mako is used goods, no artist want's him anywhere near their shipping art.
Because there's not enough space to draw both characters along with that massive L that Mako is currently holding
Lin should have just gotten with Su. Did you see the way Lin said "I love you" to Su during Enter the Void? Plus, they're only half-sisters, so it's not, like, 100% incest or anything. Plus, Su traveled the world. Guarantee she experimented.
based on anime they have no problem with cousins dating and wedding so why not half sisters? Some middle eastern cultures arrange marriage cousins.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
do you imagine tenzin and lin dating made some kind of rift in the gaang. like katara complaining to toph about how her daughter is a bad influence on his precious tenzin

do you imagine tenzin and lin dating made some kind of rift in the gaang. like katara complaining to toph about how her daughter is a bad influence on his precious tenzin
I would think they found it sweet. The gaang trusts each other and it's not a blood relation.

Because there's not enough space to draw both characters along with that massive L that Mako is currently holding

based on anime they have no problem with cousins dating and wedding so why not half sisters? Some middle eastern cultures arrange marriage cousins.

Real talk: Cousins actually have enough genetic variance that there wouldn't be that much of an affect on the gene pool. Half-sisters are much more similar.

Let's say the odds of a birth defect with a couple who have zero relation are 25%. Cousins are the same, even if they're first cousins. So let's say immediate family (dad, mom, brother, sister) is 75%. Half siblings would probably be no less than 50%-60%. If any less at all. You are sharing a single parent, which is still more than your cousin.

SG-17 said:
How would you guys feel if Warner bought the Avatarverse and incorporated it into the DC Multiverse?
I'd rather they not. The crossovers...I can't imagine liking any of them.

And I like DC.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So now that korra is gone how do you guys rate aang and her?

they're both great (excluding Book 2 Korra). I guess I liked Korra not pinning over a single romantic interest during the entire series better, tho.

Trey

I personally liked Korra more, but Aang was better executed as a character.

As far as being avatars go, Korra is already greatest of all time.

Dice//

Banned
I liked Korra's hurdles as a teenaged avatar and think she got razzed a lot more than she deserved. That said, even along with the first series, there are strange moments where the character development and feelings felt well-developed and real, then all of a sudden took a huge and sudden tumble. This is especially seen when characters are dealing with love sub-plots and in this case the series seems just especially bad at it. Aang seem to like Katara out of nowhere and just because, and even Korra was just as bad with "HEY I REALLY LIKE YOU AND I KNOW YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND" to Mako with the series barely off the ground. Hell, I am all for Korrasami but their connection wasn't any better than friends for most of the series before that final leap where they hold hands and look into each others eyes like they've always wanted this after Mako was a bad lover to both of them ( :p ).

Praise jeebus i'm finally back home

I got out quick. Some of the shit in that thread angered me.

Also, ATLA has an RPG. It's a top-down, action-RPG in the vein of stuff like X-Men Legends, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, etc. It's for the PS2, XBOX, and GCN, and was developed and published by THQ. I own it and have played it. It has some cool stuff, but is ultimately very average and easy. If you really want that Avatarverse fix, go ahead. As far as I'm concerned, Platinum's The Legend of Korra is the closest I have to my perfect Avatarverse game.

Some things kinda of angered me but reading everything after it already happened is much more pleasant than reading it as it's happening in that kind of situation. Then I feel like I need to contribute which may or may not make more more frustrated.

Aang:
-Fought and defeated Fire Lord Ozai, culminating in the removal of his bending and ushered in the new Fire Nation under Fire Lord Zuko.
-Lost at Ba Sing Se, allowing to fall under Fire Nation control
-Helped spearhead one of the most effective invasions in history on the Day of Black Sun
-Pissed off Wan Shi Tong
-Drove back the Fire Nation, defeating their invasion of the Northern Water Tribe.
-I'm sure you could argue him being partially responsible for the Moon Spirit's reestablishment.
-Helped remove Fire Nation colonies from the Earth Kingdom
-Removed the bending of the most powerful bloodbender (at the time), inadvertently causing Amon and Tarrlok to vie for control of Republic City
-Helped set the stage for the rebuilding the Air Nation by leading the Air Acolytes and ferociously boning Katara, resulting in Tenzin and by extension Tenzin's kids (you could potentially count Bumi as well)
-Assisted in the establishment of Republic City

Korra:
-Stopped Amon and the Equalists, causing Raiko to take office in an attempt to establish a non-bending voice
-Started (kind of. She says she did) and ended the Water Tribe Civil War, causing the tribes to become independent.
-Reopened the Spirit Portals, allowing humans and spirits to live together
-"Destroyed" Vaatu and Unalaq, who had broken her connection with her past lives. However she also reconnected with Raava, continuing the Avatar Line.
-Stopped the Red Lotus from ending the Avatar Line and from assassinating other world leaders, however she failed to prevent the Earth Queen's demise
-Helped rebuild and reestablish the Air Nation
-Failed to initially help stabilize the Earth Kingdom and lost to Kuvira at Zaofu
-Defeated Kuvira at Republic City, ending the Earth Empire, allowing Wu to turn it into a democratic republic.
-Opened a brand-new Spirit Portal

I've listed only the feats that were major and world-changing. Forgive me if I missed any

Good list. For me, Korra wins because of her win over Vaatu and her reestablishment of the Avatar in the world. How do you top that? Though, they walked different paths in different time periods. Seems like the writers gave her more to overcome...

Korra is the better Avatar, but I think Aang would destroy her in a fight. Boy Aang vs. adult Korra, to be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom