• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikaru

If anybody shops at TeeFury they have Korra shirts...I nabbed both.
http://www.teefury.com/
b-mco-balance_blk.jpg

b-mco-four-elements_crm.jpg

Oh. My. God.

Edit: Ordered one of each.

DedValve

Banned
buying the badass Korra with 4 arms right now. Any other good shirts? Also full size pic for phone wallpapers?

I'm right now perusing the internet for epic Korra wallpapers. My mac retina screams for them.

EDIT: Wow how scummy of my credit card. I bought a macbook pro a year ago and got a barclay card to pay it off (still had to pay extra on top of it). So for over a year I've been paying well above the minimum payment and slowly brought it down to just under $500. The past 2 months I've been bombarded by money woes so I had to stick that to the minimum payments and this month I had no choice but to transfer $200 to my account just to pay off my car.

Well now I look since I always check my account before buying the korra shirt and find that I now owe MORE than I did when I bought the goddamn macbook. They charged slightly over $200 interest! What. The. Flying. Fuck. My day is off to a shitty start. No light or heat, had to go to work early, stomach feels like shit and now this. Wonderful. Fucking wonderful.

Still bought that shirt because why the fuck not? I'm already $1k+ in debt with that card whats another $11?

EDIT 2: I wonder if Satch won't mind if I ask for his Asami Wonder Woman Avatar. I'd never thought I would change my avvie but my love for Korra is too strong and that Asami avvie is too good.

buying the badass Korra with 4 arms right now. Any other good shirts? Also full size pic for phone wallpapers?

I'm right now perusing the internet for epic Korra wallpapers. My mac retina screams for them.

EDIT: Wow how scummy of my credit card. I bought a macbook pro a year ago and got a barclay card to pay it off (still had to pay extra on top of it). So for over a year I've been paying well above the minimum payment and slowly brought it down to just under $500. The past 2 months I've been bombarded by money woes so I had to stick that to the minimum payments and this month I had no choice but to transfer $200 to my account just to pay off my car.

Well now I look since I always check my account before buying the korra shirt and find that I now owe MORE than I did when I bought the goddamn macbook. They charged slightly over $200 interest! What. The. Flying. Fuck. My day is off to a shitty start. No light or heat, had to go to work early, stomach feels like shit and now this. Wonderful. Fucking wonderful.

Still bought that shirt because why the fuck not? I'm already $1k+ in debt with that card whats another $11?

EDIT 2: I wonder if Satch won't mind if I ask for his Asami Wonder Woman Avatar. I'd never thought I would change my avvie but my love for Korra is too strong and that Asami avvie is too good.
Fuck car payments. I'm right with you bro. Tee Fury is good, only bad thing is they're usually a one day run of shirts so you either get them or you don't. They're only Avatar shirts in constant stock is this one:
1378327619_b-MCO-aang.png

These:
http://www.teefury.com/elemental-flash-sale
They were the Stormtroopers of their time.
Did the orcs get jobbed by LOTR equivalent of Ewoks?

Omikaru

That's the same thing I did. I think I have about 4 Avatar related TeeFury shirts now.

I missed most of the teefury stuff related to Avatar because I'm always so broke, but I have a bit of money right this second so I decided I'd just get both.

Can't wait to get them. I guess it'll take a few weeks for 'em to travel across the pond, mind.

Trey

it's not like Satch can use the avatar herself, heh.

I missed most of the teefury stuff related to Avatar because I'm always so broke, but I have a bit of money right this second so I decided I'd just get both.

Can't wait to get them. I guess it'll take a few weeks for 'em to travel across the pond, mind.
I'm an American and I wait a few weeks. I have no idea what your wait time is going to be. Maybe two months for you.
Official Book 4 Blu-ray/DVD cover. Comes out March 10 2015 for the US.

unnamed-2jpg-c9947b-720x887.jpg

I suppose you could count the Hobbits. As they ended up killing quite a large amount of orcs in the films.
Season 3 had the better cover. I liked the staff pose she was in. Man I keep forgetting the hobbits actually killed a bunch of orcs...god damn that's some hardcore jobbing. All that make up to get killed by a hobbit.

PBalfredo

....and just like that Divinity is on my wishlist.

I really hope the cover art for the artbook 4 is just the holding of hands with the spirit portal in the distance. It would be so fucking good.

I'm real curious about the season 4 artbook and how much of a look behind the scenes we'll get. Do we know yet at what point in production that Nick slashed the season 4 budget? Because if it was relatively late, I wonder if they had any scripts or storyboards for what could of been without the slash. There might be some lost episode material there.

Im sure whatever the real cover art will be glorious. My hope is either korrasami or have a recreated version of the very first Korra pic with her staring out at Republic City. That would really be such a good way to close Korra, with the very first image of her. EDIT: Especially if it's a recreated one that looks almost like the original but now with the new spirit portal instead of just standard Republic City. That would too cool.

That would be a rad way of bringing everything back to where it all began. Especially with a rebuilt Republic City. Similarly, how great would it have been if for the season 4 finale, they replaced the normal credits scene of Republic City with one after its been rebuilt with the portal and spirit wilds clearly visible, surrounded by rebuilt skyscrapers.

Day after my birthday? Nice

Book 3 cover looks like she's about to legitimately just fuck things up. She is just not dealing with shit today.
Legend_of_Korra_Book_3_DVD.jpg

Book 1 honestly has my least favorite cover. It just seems to stick out. I really like the other ones.
The_Legend_of_Korra_-_Book_One,_Air_DVD_cover.png
I really wish she got to use that staff in a proper fight scene. Her and Zaheer going nuts with their staffs would've been awesome.

DedValve

Banned
Guess who's kids these are

tumblr_nhb0h85PfG1saqqu6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_nhb0h85PfG1saqqu6o2_500.jpg

Mako being delegated as donor zoned I see
I keed, I keed

Those designs are so wonderful. I like how its very obviously water tribe based without needing the colors.

Also curious I joked about my friends that I'd get a Korrasami shirt before the finale just to prove that it would be canon and it never happened and now I told them that I'd get it to gloat that I was so right.

This is the only one that interests me, should I get? What color tee?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/xan...ture-holds?grid_pos=5&p=t-shirt&ref=shop_grid

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Book One's cover is shit, it really looks out of place.

It seems out of place because it probably was before they decided that Korra was not going to be seen as this kid's show but as a teenage drama.

Hamlet

Mako being delegated as donor zoned I see
I keed, I keed

Those designs are so wonderful. I like how its very obviously water tribe based without needing the colors.

Also curious I joked about my friends that I'd get a Korrasami shirt before the finale just to prove that it would be canon and it never happened and now I told them that I'd get it to gloat that I was so right.

This is the only one that interests me, should I get? What color tee?

http://www.redbubble.com/people/xan...ture-holds?grid_pos=5&p=t-shirt&ref=shop_grid

Blue looks nice and fits more closely with the colour scheme depicted in that scene.

Just finished this finally

Struggled a LOT through Book 2. Absolutely terrible

Book 3 was soooo much better. Book 4 was a nice resolution

Overall though Korra is about maybe half as good as the original series.

Really looking forward to what these guys do next because they tackles some really mature stuff in Korra. They clearly are yearning for something big. Might be time to stop making cartoons for Nickelodeon

Wait, he went out with her, too? lol

yep

iirc there was also a scene in the comic where Bette Kane (aka the girl who welcomed Artemis to Gotham high in the show and told Artemis to ignore him when he took that picture) just realizing who she was sleeping with (while Kid Flash and Artemis was talking to him on the computer and commenting about his swagger).

Dude's swag is way off the charts.

yep

iirc there was also a scene in the comic where Bette Kane (aka the girl who welcomed Artemis to Gotham high in the show and told Artemis to ignore him when he took that picture) just realizing who she was sleeping with (while Kid Flash and Artemis was talking to him on the computer about his swagger).

Dude's swag is way off the charts.
Dick has the Bishie Charm.

i guess he now has a meaningful nickname :p

also i agree with the took everything from Batman line but only the good parts tbh
Dick pretty much has the money of Bruce, but he doesn't seem at dedicated to the point of risking everything over the cause that Bruce did. He's quite balanced. Everybody seems to move on in a sense that Bruce was never able too. I believe even Tim did, Barbara as well...god I wish Terry met Dick Grayson in Batman Beyond.
Carrying that L till the end of time.
sisyphus.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom