• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

helpful_advice_by_chbgraphics-d8d4gvr.jpg

-Deimos

Just finished Escaflowne. Ending felt kind of underwhelming but overall it was great aside from a few issues. I really like the premise of the show and wish they did something more with it. Better to not risk ruining the series though, I guess.

And I totally called
Dilandau being Celena.

Just finished Escaflowne. Ending felt kind of underwhelming but overall it was great aside from a few issues. I really like the premise of the show and wish they did something more with it. Better to not risk ruining the series though, I guess.

And I totally called
Dilandau being Celena.
Told you it was good. Glad you liked it. Try Outlaw Star next.

Hmm i'll have to give that a listen to sometime this weekend then.

-She was very proud of the role and what it represents.
-She loved voicing the video game, but thought it was a lot tougher and more exhausting than the show. She'd love to voice more games, though.
-She loved working with Bryan and Mike and thought they did a really good job at planning everything out. She also used LOST as a comparison in terms of planning (which she thought was done terribly).

Also, she's pretty funny.

Looks pretty interesting, I'll give it a shot. Still have to watch Moribito though, gonna go through that first.
I need to rewatch and finish Moribito myself. I was almost done with it too. Outlaw Star is like Bebop with a less fight capable protag. That's the one thing that annoyed me about Gene Starwind. He's crew is badass though. It takes a bit for the team to get gathered together and for the plot to start, but once it does it's pretty damn good. It's another old Toonami classic. Blue Gender is good too. I think it has one of Laura Bailey's best characters in it, but people very rarely mention her role in it.

-Deimos

I need to rewatch and finish Moribito myself. I was almost done with it too. Outlaw Star is like Bebop with a less fight capable protag. That's the one thing that annoyed me about Gene Starwind. He's crew is badass though. It takes a bit for the team to get gathered together and for the plot to start, but once it does it's pretty damn good. It's another old Toonami classic. Blue Gender is good too. I think it has one of Laura Bailey's best characters in it, but people very rarely mention her role in it.

Dammit Blue Gender looks interesting too. You're bad for my backlog.

Damn, ATLA is such an amazing show.

Wtf happened on TLOK?

A multitude of reasons, which ultimately led to the decision to go for flash over substance. Big and bombastic. Probably what makes Endgame the worst of the finales. The fight between Amon and Korra...still, that's the product of making your villain too damned powerful. You either go big or go home. They did neither with that. They should have watched Soul Eater, that way they wouldn't have pulled almost the exact same type of ending.

SystemBug

This is actually very sweet lol

Considering Mako lost his mom when he was young, it would be nice of him to have a mother figure again

Also,

Finished watching Black Lagoon and man. I thought I'd only watch uptil season 1 but I watched all the way to season 3. Show is good and it gets dark.

Considering Mako lost his mom when he was young, it would be nice of him to have a mother figure again

Also,

Finished watching Black Lagoon and man. I thought I'd only watch uptil season 1 but I watched all the way to season 3. Show is good and it gets dark.

Roberta's Blood Trail?

Jarmel

Banned
Just watched the final three episodes. Yep that was a shit ending on multiple levels.

Yes, Korra/Asami is forced as fuck. No, it's not a big deal as there is a shitload of other forced elements in the finale.

I'm finally free. Thank God Almighty, I'm finally free.

Hamlet

lack of ehasz siblings
Aren't they a married couple though not siblings ha.

Also,

Yeah it's quite sweet. Now for some more cute Mako/Lin bonding moments.

tumblr_inline_ndn0a8AECx1qikdr9.png

tumblr_inline_ndn0cqzBwA1qikdr9.png

tumblr_inline_ndn1czWWwi1qikdr9.png

tumblr_nbx2d0BS0E1qkwdtzo2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbx2d0BS0E1qkwdtzo3_r1_500.jpg

Context

Mako and Lin really did need more moments together. Those are pretty funny. I think she would've been warmer to him during season 4 since she did have a less curt tone while talking to him, also pretty relaxed body language as well.

Really disappointed in Zuko in the season 2 finale. :( Huge shock to me. This rewatch has been a thrill.
Sometimes it's hard to realize that the worse thing for you is your own family. He was still trying to figure out how to earn his honor, but in doing so with his actions he threw it away at the end of season 2.

Daemul

He eventually redeems himself. Just takes him far too long. Anybody else wish Azula, Mai and Ty Lee showed up in Korra?

Nah, they would be old as shit and not very useful, plus, we already had way too many cameo's from ATLA who didn't really do much. Katara was fine since she's not meant to die before she has her first great grandchild or something like that, everyone else wasn't needed, not even Iroh.

Nah, they would be old as shit and not very useful, plus, we already had way too many cameo's from ATLA who didn't really do much. Katara was fine since she's not meant to die before she has a her first great grandchild or something like that, everyone else wasn't needed, not even Iroh.
True, still would've been interesting to see if Azula stopped losing her mind, but I guess you're right.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah. Just finished my watch of ATLA and now I see TLOK in a whole new light. The story and characters were much better dealt with and the show is just flat out addicting. I don't think I can say anything else that hasn't been said about the show already, but nonetheless I'm glad I binged it this week.

Going to go ahead and do TLOK as well, 'cause eff it I'm on a roll. I do need to get those comics, too, though...

WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOM?

And I am a believer in Sokka=Suyin's dad.

Daemul

I've heard people weren't very happy about the resolution to the Zuko's mum thing. I'll see what the complaints are about once I read it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard people weren't very happy about the resolution to the Zuko's mum thing. I'll see what the complaints are about once I read it.

i though it was fine, don't know what people expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom