• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(
S
M
H

The Beach was amazing for Azula's awkwardness. I can't believe I never saw it before until my rewatch.

Azula was not awkward at all, I mean... if a girl told me that I was so sharp that I can pierce an empire class fire nation battleship leaving hundreds stranded at sea.... she's wifey.

Hamlet

:(
S
M
H

The Beach was amazing for Azula's awkwardness. I can't believe I never saw it before until my rewatch.

Still one of the funniest scenes/reactions in avatar - Together, you and I will be the strongest couple in the entire world. We will dominate the Earth!!!

tumblr_m5vm6hPOs41qcz3g9.gif

Why couldn't the Krew have moments like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1ixlGKu50

Why does five manly men and a dog feel like closer friends than Korra's team?

Because the Krew (as it is called) all were constantly doing their own thing. Korra was trying to be an Avatar and train, Mako was working his way into and upward within law enforcement, Bolin was trying to find purpose in his own life, and Asami was patching up the shambles of her dad's company and then had to run it.

They traveled together when their interests aligned, and they were close enough to trust each other. It's not really that big of a deal that they weren't nearly as close as other groups, especially not one that's constantly together because of a long journey (Aang's group, for example). It's not really that big of a deal that they weren't the closest. They were close enough to matter to each other and that was about it.

360pages

Because the Krew (as it is called) all were constantly doing their own thing. Korra was trying to be an Avatar and train, Mako was working his way into and upward within law enforcement, Bolin was trying to find purpose in his own life, and Asami was patching up the shambles of her dad's company and then had to run it.

They traveled together when their interests aligned, and they were close enough to trust each other. It's not really that big of a deal that they weren't nearly as close as other groups, especially not one that's constantly together because of a long journey (Aang's group, for example). It's not really that big of a deal that they weren't the closest. They were close enough to matter to each other and that was about it.

That would be fine...if the series didn't constantly force the idea that they were the closest thing ever. Season 3 was the longest the group ever spent with one another...hell before the mid point of Season 2, I legit don't think Bolin or Asami even shared more than two sentences of dialog together.

Hamlet

More Book 4 Blu-ray details.

• The Blu-ray release of Book Four: Balance is presented in 1080i with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround
  • Audio Commentaries
  • The Legend of Puppetbender Presents "The Making of a Legend: The Untold Story - Part Il
  • Legend of Korra New York Comic-Con Panel

That would be fine...if the series didn't constantly force the idea that they were the closest thing ever. Season 3 was the longest the group ever spent with one another...hell before the mid point of Season 2, I legit don't think Bolin or Asami even shared more than two sentences of dialog together.

Well, let's look at this: Bolin got emotionally attached to pretty much every single person (Remember fucking Ginger?) and the whole basis for Korra getting into the Fire Ferrets was because he had a thing for her. Beyond that, Mako is Bolin's brother, and has a history with Korra and Asami. They never really pushed Asami and Bolin as close with each other, but Bolin did consider Asami someone to trust and part of the team and vice versa.

I get your point, but I'm not seeing the big deal. Considering the amount of relationships the characters had outside of this dynamic (Korra with Tenzin and his family, Bolin with Varrick, Mako and Wu, just to name a few) that were more exclusive to them individually, it's not exactly a huge detriment. Besides, they referred to themselves as "Team Avatar" in the beginning because they were vigilantes and Bolin gave them a team name.

SystemBug

so fucking good.

though for some reason I don't think it fits a subtle romance, just IMO. maybe it does.

ahhh gives me memories of book one when I thought Korra could do no wrong

i think it signifies an end of a chapter and at 2:43 a new beginning (to korras and asami's new relationship - it works better when you actually see it in the episode, its kinda like "their journey has just begun")

Daemul

I'm just going to post the finale music here again because it truly moves me.

I think I'm going to take Korra as an inspiration figure and create peace in my life

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra?in=jeremy-zuckerman%2Fsets%2Ffrom-the-legend-of-korra

this song...every time.

jamesbrownwow-gif.61

That song gets me constantly. I purposefully avoid listening to it because it reminds me that LoK is finished and the depression sets in again. :(

Toa TAK

Banned

• The Blu-ray release of Book Four: Balance is presented in 1080i with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround
  • Audio Commentaries
  • The Legend of Puppetbender Presents "The Making of a Legend: The Untold Story - Part Il
Underwhelming. :(
I'm just going to post the finale music here again because it truly moves me.

I think I'm going to take Korra as an inspiration figure and create peace in my life

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-zuckerman/the-legend-of-korra?in=jeremy-zuckerman%2Fsets%2Ffrom-the-legend-of-korra
Where's my soundtrack? :(

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah was hoping for a tad more considering it's the final season. Oh well at least the commentaries should make for an interesting listen.
Just need that ultimate korra OST now hopefully :(
In in the hands of the soundtrack gods now, my friend.

I was all like "Wait a second..." When they showed off her skill.

"Who lets their preteen bare midriff like that?"
She's got like 7 identical twins or some shit. I doubt her parents even noticed what she did. I do believe that's why she left and joined the circus.
This proved she's marriage material, she's just too awkward and strong willed to land a guy...plus really insecure.
Why couldn't the Krew have moments like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA1ixlGKu50

Why does five manly men and a dog feel like closer friends than Korra's team?
Man I said the same thing about Ryuko and Senketsu. The Krew just don't get that many bonding moments together. Their best one was when they were on that stakeout for Aiwei and Bolin and Asami had that Pai Sho match. Some are fine with it and others just find it weird. I need to watch the new Jojo episode today, I was too tired last night after getting home from work and the gym.

PBalfredo

Channel Surfing Podcast - Korra: Why That Character May Have Escaped Death
Some interesting points brought up in this.

I was talking to a friend about the finale and he thought Mako should of died, but I disagreed for pretty much the points listed in the link, plus the broader point that this finale is one for not only Korra, but likely also the whole animated Avatar universe, so it seemed more fitting to end on an uplifting send off then a funeral for a primary character.

Lethe82

Banned
If anybody shops at TeeFury they have Korra shirts...I nabbed both.
http://www.teefury.com/
b-mco-balance_blk.jpg

b-mco-four-elements_crm.jpg

Is there anywhere else that you can get these?

• Audio Commentaries

1080i? What have the other ones been in?

Is there anywhere else that you can get these?
A lot of that stuff is artist exclusive so no not really. That's why you have to jump on a shirt. You can find some of the older shirts on Ebay, way more expensive though. Today's shirt is this:
b-mco-sith-nightmare_blk.jpg

and this:
b-mco-saint-luke_blk.jpg

If you're lucky you can find another one of those Korra shirts on Ebay...and I'm nabbing that Darth Maul shirt today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom