• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I thought the ending of Brotherhood was just as wtf.

I think it was better. I always thought the general consensus was that the original 2003 ending was bad. I mean everything that happens at the end of Brohood is alluded to the entire time. No deus ex machina. Cool battle.

I'd say it was a good ending .

I will ship the shit out of this till I either grow old and senile or get a life.
I think it was better. I always thought the general consensus was that the original 2003 ending was bad. I mean everything that happens at the end of Brohood is alluded to the entire time. No deus ex machina. Cool battle.

I'd say it was a good ending .
Brotherhood's ending didn't break the space time continuum.

wat. No Korvoriasamivira nonsense.

Another example of a character that should've been this generation's Luke Skywalker--wasted.

I hate Ubisoft for that. They had something truly intriguing in AC2. I played all the puzzles which revealed the Adam and Eve cinematic and it was freaking incredible. I thought the way they did it was amazing too. All those alternate history puzzles and texts blew my mind. Like Gandhi, Washington, Napoleon and everyone with pieces if eden and everything.

Then they took it to another level of weird with Brotherhoods and Revelations. And then they take a fat hot shit on all that with AC3. FURTHERMORE, they shit on the previous story in AC4 and Unity by basically saying all that stuff was a load of bs and doesn't matter. No. FUCK YOU UBISOFT. You squandered years of investment into that story.

I'm mad.

I've always wanted a new Prince of Persia but I don't think current day Ubisoft has it in them.

Toa TAK

Banned
I hate Ubisoft for that. They had something truly intriguing in AC2. I played all the puzzles which revealed the Adam and Eve cinematic and it blew my mind. I thought the way they did it was amazing too. All those alternate history puzzles and texts blew my mind. Like Gandhi, Washington, Napoleon and everyone with pieces if eden and everything.

Then they took it to another level of weird with Brotherhoods and Revelations. And then they take a fat hot shit on all that with AC3. FURTHERMORE, they shit on the previous story in AC4 and Unity by basically saying all that stuff was a load of bs and doesn't matter. No. FUCK YOU UBISOFT. You squandered years of investment into that story.

I'm mad.

I've always wanted a new Prince of Persia but I don't think current day Ubisoft has it in them.

I know that feel. AC2 was the peak of being something truly special and mysterious and intriguing with the story. The way they blended history, conspiracy, and the sci-fi was so great. Too bad Brohood's story felt like a waste, and Revelations even more so (don't get me started on the Lucy bullshit). Then, as I was actually enjoying the modern day story in AC3, it ends with Juno escaping and up to Rogue and Unity, no one gives a fuck that an angry AI Goddess wants to destroy/enslave humanity.

Fuck that noise. Wish AC just stayed as a trilogy. But at the same time I love going into different historical eras for my inner history nerd. :(

Looks like AC and Korra share something in terms of squandered potential.

You would be doing so many fetch quests that you would get bored with the game before you ever finish. I miss The Sands of Time...whatever happened to that Ubisoft? Now they're like the fucking French EA.

Toa TAK

Banned
check your PMs

*cough*

PM pls

Guys don't ask me how I know this but there's a reddit subreddit for ugh...that kind of ....art...

I have lost control of this thread...
tumblr_ngvl2sdjYq1ry1sxno1_500.gif

I know that feel. AC2 was the peak of being something truly special and mysterious and intriguing with the story. The way they blended history, conspiracy, and the sci-fi was so great. Too bad Brohood's story felt like a waste, and Revelations even more so (don't get me started on the Lucy bullshit). Then, as I was actually enjoying the modern day story in AC3, it ends with Juno escaping and up to Rogue and Unity, no one gives a fuck that an angry AI Goddess wants to destroy/enslave humanity.

Fuck that noise. Wish AC just stayed as a trilogy. But at the same time I love going into different historical eras for my inner history nerd. :(

Looks like AC and Korra share something in terms of squandered potential.

Agreed, the alternate history conspiracy stuff was golden. Beyond that, I wish they had just kept the pieces of eden as artifacts from heaven or something. Would have been super simple to just leave it at that and have the two organizations, Templars and Assassins, fighting over finding them with the animus. Simple story, not too radically hard to execute, with the ability to go to any time period.

You would be doing so many fetch quests that you would get bored with the game before you ever finish. I miss The Sands of Time...whatever happened to that Ubisoft? Now they're like the fucking French EA.

What happened to good ol linear games with solid gameplay and compelling narratives? Watch Dogs's story is horseshit, and so is every AC since 3. I guess they make more money with those games, simple as.

yea, but back room dealings under Toa's nose is better.

ah, in that case continue my good sir

Hamlet

no he didnt.
Ha he probably made the best choice for his health at least. If he had stayed with Lin he probably would have died young with all of that stress building up from their relationship. Plus the babies thing.

I like this pic of the Red Lotus from the Official Art Book

Though they did make it clear that Ming Hua was actually born without arms, they liked it anyway.

That's pretty neat. Definitely going to pick up the Book 3 Art Book in the next week or so.

Daemul

Janets podcast is going to be crashed by the Korrasami Collective.

Though they did make it clear that Ming Hua was actually born without arms, they liked it anyway.

Woah now, what am I looking at here? This is amazing.

Zaheer though....bruh....

NeoForte

So I finally got around to watching the entire series. I had seen Book 1 last year and quite honestly I was kinda put off by the series. I didn't like Korra, felt things were too conveniently going her way and the whole love triangle thing. Then people kept telling me how bad and horrible Book 2 was; so I never picked it back up again until recently. I ended up loving the series but Kuvira definitely needed more back story. She needed to be fleshed out more. I also hated Su and Toph's "resolutions" with Lin and their issues. I feel so bad for Lin having such a shitty family (except Opal... she's awesome). I also had no problem with Book 2 and enjoyed it (aside from Unalaq being very cliché, but in the end he served his purpose I suppose).

AniHawk

can we get a miniseries (a real miniseries not one turned into a full series) where we just follow the z-team when they're teenagers and how they fight injustice?

FYI, they start talking about Korra about 50 minutes in. *dead* at JV low key saying Mako lost, got damn! Give that man a W please, he is going to crumble under the weight of the massive L he's holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom