• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I love Toto, but Afrika is like their worst song, Hendrix is great too.

Yea, she almost lost me with that, but Hendrix is always good.

Anyway, I loved when she played the harmonica at the end, and when she listed her characters in Avatar she would hang out with. "Toph, Iroh..... and umm, Asami? Can I hang out with myself?!"

Yea, she almost lost me with that, but Hendrix is always good.

Anyway, I loved when she played the harmonica at the end, and when she listed her characters in Avatar she would hang out with. "Toph, Iroh..... and umm, Asami? Can I hang out with myself?!"
Varney is such a happy nutty person...she wants to round the old cast together and hit a convention. Cast clearly are nothing but good friends. Has Faustino been on this yet? I'd love to hear his take on Mako pushing that L uphill for eternity like Sisyphus.

Daemul

FYI, they start talking about Korra about 50 minutes in. *dead* at JV low key saying Mako lost, got damn! Give that man a W please, he is going to crumble under the weight of the massive L he's holding up.

It's well known that Mako took the biggest L in animation history. Dude will forever be a laughing stock for his fuck up.

It's well known that Mako took the biggest L in animation history. Dude will forever be a laughing stock for his fuck up.
Dude was better off dying blowing up Kuvira's Colossus. With the way it is now Bataar Jr. is laughing at him. He's like "damn man. My girl just tried to kill me, but at least I didn't make both of them gay."

Dude was better off dying blowing up Kuvira's Colossus. With the way it is now Bataar Jr. is laughing at him. He's like "damn man. My girl just tried to kill me, but at least I didn't make both of them gay."

Even Janet said she'd prefer to date Bolin over Mako, like... at this rate Faustino is probably not even gonna bother showing up at cons anymore. Like, he doesn't want to be the voice of the biggest walking L in modern animation. He's gonna hire someone to dub all his lines in the season 4 DVD.

Even Janet said she'd prefer to date Bolin over Mako, like... at this rate Faustino is probably not even gonna bother showing up at cons anymore. Like, he doesn't want to be the voice of the biggest walking L in modern animation. He's gonna hire someone to dub all his lines in the season 4 DVD.
Bud Bundy should be used to being a walking L.

Damn, I keep forgetting about that.

These characters really do take after their voice actors after all.
Too bad Tenzin couldn't channel J Jonah Jameson. Still can't believe this is Bei Fong:
MV5BMTUxMjcwMzI1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTM5MTA3._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Mako secretly knew about Asami and Korra, he is a detective after all. I'm sure he figured it out.

That's why he tried to go out in a blaze of glory but Bolin fucked it all up

Damn such a brutal retribution for being a mostly shitty character (mostly because they did attempt to make him better by removing the shit that was defining him in a negative way).

LOL Mako's gonna hold that L deep for a long time.

Mako secretly knew about Asami and Korra, he is a detective after all. I'm sure he figured it out.

That's why he tried to go out in a blaze of glory but Bolin fucked it all up
"Just let me die here breh...reality...I can't go back to that shit right now...just let me go out like a hero."
"But those grandma tears man. "
*proceeds to rescue Mako*
Damn such a brutal retribution for being a mostly shitty character (mostly because they did attempt to make him better by removing the shit that was defining him in a negative way).

LOL Mako's gonna hold that L deep for a long time.
He was mostly fine when they gave him an actual job. His finale shouldn't have even been tied to his relationship with Korra because he actually developed a life without her. They just decided to heap some shit on top of him instead of giving him some cool scene with Lin relating to his actual job.

Yeah I mean Korrasami isn't that big of a deal. It's more that his final scene was a troll shipping fake out. Like even Bryke didn't give a fuck about him at that point.

Otherwise his character was mostly fine in season 3 and 4. The problem was that Bryke didn't know what the hell to do with him and he didn't really have a purpose. It all comes down to their terrible writing and character management, again.

Yeah I mean Korrasami isn't that big of a deal. It's more that his final scene was a troll shipping fake out. Like even Bryke didn't give a fuck about him at that point.

Otherwise his character was mostly fine in season 3 and 4. The problem was that Bryke didn't know what the hell to do with him and he didn't really have a purpose. It all comes down to their terrible writing and character management, again.
This list will always be relevant regarding Mako.
13903597923131.jpg

Even Mako Mankanshoku was more badass than him, got the girl too.

Pretty sure a lot this has been said before and more eloquently, but whatever. Mako's purpose of the season 1 was just to be the love interest and that's it. In season 2, Mako was kinda given something, a purpose, being a cop and shit. Although, it did suffer from a want of... a lot of things, much like everything else in season 2. I mean, the general idea for the breakdown of Makkora was good I guess. Mako and Korra being too similar, both being hot-headed and dedicated to their jobs. The comic I posted that had Korra say "Asami is amazing. ... She can managed both me AND her job.", as much as it was"lol, Mako keeping dat L combo going", it does illuminate that Mako is willing to sacrifice a lot for something. Clearly not Korra, as seen in season 2, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, the show doesn't explicity show what he is dedicated to. The ideals of Republic City? A growing respect for authority vis a vis Lin as someone to aspire to? Nope, Mako just getting the L and even backtracks what was set up in Season 2. Saying that you'll willing to die for a person, that didn't even write to you,but to your ex instead. C'est la vie or such is Bryke.

Edit: Well... on second thought, even if his purposed was more explicit... I still find him boring. Would rather have other characters/relationships more screentime, namely Asami w/ or w/o Eskimo Jesus. Sorry Mako. Better to be pitied than forgettable... maybe.

Pretty sure a lot this has been said before and more eloquently, but whatever. Mako's purpose of the season 1 was just to be the love interest and that's it. In season 2, Mako was kinda given something, a purpose, being a cop and shit. Although, it did suffer from a want of... a lot of things, much like everything else in season 2. I mean, the general idea for the breakdown of Makkora was good I guess. Mako and Korra being too similar, both being hot-headed and dedicated to their jobs. The comic I posted that had Korra say "Asami is amazing. ... She can managed both me AND her job.", as much as it was"lol, Mako keeping dat L combo going", it does illuminate that Mako is willing to sacrifice a lot for something. Clearly not Korra, as seen in season 2, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, the show doesn't explicity show what he is dedicated to. The ideals of Republic City? A growing respect for authority vis a vis Lin as someone to aspire to? Nope, Mako just getting the L and even backtracks what was set up in Season 2. Saying that you'll willing to die for a person, that didn't even write to you,but to your ex instead. C'est la vie or such is Bryke.
Dude pledged his loyalty to his ex girlfriend whom wanted him to commit high treason for her. And when he doesn't she comes to his job pissed off and kicks his desk over. I said this in the old OP, but it's like Charlie Murphy pledging loyalty to Rick James. Some things just don't make sense. That was one of them.

Dude pledged his loyalty to his ex girlfriend whom wanted him to commit high treason for her. And when he doesn't she comes to his job pissed off and kicks his desk over. I said this in the old OP, but it's like Charlie Murphy pledging loyalty to Rick James. Some things just don't make sense. That was one of them.

Oh yeah, that desk screen. Goddamn, all the memories of early Season 2 are flooding back. So bad. So bad. Still, the general... very general ideas of Season 2 were aight, but the plotlines that connected them were flimsy as eff. Goddamn.

This list will always be relevant regarding Mako.
13903597923131.jpg

Even Mako Mankanshoku was more badass than him, got the girl too.

Other from the obvious shit tier those first 2 tiers are also pretty good (liked that Mako from Pacific Rim, especially
the sparing scene and its lead up. Props to the main character seeing the whole thing as well instead of being blind.
)

Hamlet

Giancarlo Volpe director of quite a few ATLA episodes. Has started posting some neat ATLA content. Spirits having quite the fun time here ha

Avatar the Last Airbender - The Library - Bonus Scene Starring DJ Wan Shi Tong!
Thank you everyone. To show my gratitude, here’s an Avatar bonus scene I added at the end of the animatic for the “The Library.”

More bonus Avatar footage unlocks at 25,000 followers!
Giancarlo Volpe

Firebending Dragons Ran and Shaw from Avatar the Last Airbender episode, “The Firebending Masters”

I’m not sure how interested people are in seeing storyboards from the show, but if so, I’ve got tons of ‘em.

One thing to note: Because Avatar was done before the industry went (almost) entirely digital, I used to break up my boards like so (separating the characters from the background) so it was easier to build animatics. Nowadays this is much easier to do with programs like Storyboard Pro and Photoshop.
Giancarlo Volpe

Hamlet

FYI, they start talking about Korra about 50 minutes in. *dead* at JV low key saying Mako lost, got damn! Give that man a W please, he is going to crumble under the weight of the massive L he's holding up.

Neat, really like how casual it is.
Haha I'm sure Faustino will be fine. The Book 1 commentaries with David often talk about how much people hate Mako ha. Plus you'd be surprised at how many Makorra shippers are still out there.

Haha I'm sure Faustino will be fine. The Book 1 commentaries with David often talk about how much people hate Mako ha. Plus you'd be surprised at how many Makorra shippers are still out there.

Makorra shippers are like those decades long entrenched imperial Japanese soldiers in the jungles. The war is over, but they will still bunker up. Though seeing some of their posts via stealth tagging with Korrasami in tumblr is kinda amusing. Like arguing that Korra's blush when Asami complimented her was out of embarrassment/discomfort and nothing more.

I really need the DVDs, but I'm poor so struggle streams it is.

Daemul

Even worse, they're more expensive.

Even worse, non-Region A Blu Ray's lack all the extra features of their Region A counterparts, meaning we non-Region A peasants have to import Blu Rays from a Region A country if we want to get everything. This is assuming that the Region A Blu Ray will even work on our peasant non-Region A Blu Ray players.

Thankfully, the LoK Blu Rays have all been region free thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom