• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

He did it to revive the air nation. He grew up with Lin so he already knew what she was like. Lin isn't exactly like an unknown blind date to him.

Yeah I knew that and it was still probably for the best. The baby issue was going to drive a deep wedge in their relationship if it had continued and from what we know things were already getting pretty strained for the two by the end. Heh Tenzin probably even started getting harassed by the White Lotus to make sure he prevents the extinction of airbenders.
Did they ever say how long Tenzin and Lin were together for?

Kinvara

If I had to choose from an aesthetic standpoint, I'd prefer Lin.

But Pema is super easy-going and chill so being in a relationship with her would be drama free.

Yeah I knew that and it was still probably for the best. The baby issue was going to drive a deep wedge in their relationship if it had continued and from what we know things were already getting pretty strained for the two by the end. Heh Tenzin probably even started getting harassed by the White Lotus to make sure he prevents the extinction of airbenders.

It was never confirmed. My guess was 5 years maybe?

Random White Lotus Guard:
"Hey Tenzin why don't you just air bend some sperm into her?"
tumblr_m1m4dh9mAS1rscuhpo9_250.png

You know if that's what really happened then I could believe Tenzin finding someone else. They never did say who Kuvira's parents were. Could be them two.

Seems like a good story but I'd prefer not, because a good chunk of my head canons would be thrown out the window if that were the case.

CDiggity

You know if that's what really happened then I could believe Tenzin finding someone else. They never did say who Kuvira's parents were. Could be them two.

I'm not sure who the mother is, but the father is Sokka. The father is always Sokka. He's like the Genghis Khan of the Avatarverse, and like 1/4 of the population are his descendants.

I'm not sure who the mother is, but the father is Sokka. The father is always Sokka. He's like the Genghis Khan of the Avatarverse, and like 1/4 of the population are his descendants.

I was just about to comment on him. I'm rewatching ATLA is this guy is the anti thesis of Mako, he is just winning out here. He dated the MOON, hooked up with Suki and had Ty Lee thirsting for him during every encounter.

I was just about to comment on him. I'm rewatching ATLA is this guy is the anti thesis of Mako, he is just winning out here. He dated the MOON, hooked up with Suki and had Ty Lee thirsting for him during every encounter.
Sums up why Suki killed him after she caught him sniffing dried up cactus juice off a Republic City concubines cleavage, but not before fathering Suyin.

Hamlet

Ha that would be quite the twist. Would explain why Su is so against the Baatar/Kuvira relationship then heh.
If I had to choose from an aesthetic standpoint, I'd prefer Lin.

But Pema is super easy-going and chill so being in a relationship with her would be drama free.

It was never confirmed. My guess was 5 years maybe?

Hmm yeah around 5 years sound about right.

Ha that would be quite the twist. Would explain why Su is so against the Baatar/Kuvira relationship then heh.

Hmm yeah around 5 years sound about right.
Yeah Tenzin wanted an airbending platoon out of his wife and Lin didn't really want the burden of kids. Granted I can't see Lin tossing her kid out on the street, but this show isn't one to keep its characters consistent. Su wanted Kuvira for that side action. She barely even speaks to her like a human being. 5 years is just long enough to make Lin go "BERSERKER BARRAGE!!" throughout air temple island.

LOL

as said i might check this out.

Z team continues to be the biggest wasted potential.

Very unfortunate
Ryoka Yuzuki loves calling people pigs
Seriously give it a watch, just don't take it too seriously. Regarding the other part of your post. I love the Z team. They should've just kept them as the villains for the fourth season and just introduce Kuvira as like "The sixth ranger" and have her join Team Avatar to help take them down.

So, random question. How do you guys think an 80 year old Aang would have handled harmonic convergence? Would it have even been an issue for him? I imagine he wouldn't have even been manipulates like Korra was so I dunno.

i like Lin and all, but her personality was fairly bad even before the Tenzin break-up due to her family issues. her personality is perfectly justifiable, but I don't blame Tenzin for going for Pema.

So, random question. How do you guys think an 80 year old Aang would have handled harmonic convergence? Would it have even been an issue for him? I imagine he wouldn't have even been manipulates like Korra was so I dunno.

Watcha mean? The entire situation changes, besides the awful awful awful execution, Korra's setup was basically that she somehow can't tap into her past lives despite getting full-avatar state cause lolz. As such she requires someone to teach her more of dat spirituality and shit because Tenzin aint shit for that and a lot things. So conveniently her uncle knows exactly what to teach and what needs to be done. Aang would just ask one of his past lives, namely Wan, whats up, and would circumvent most of that shit. So I think it wouldn't be an issue for him.

Watcha mean? The entire situation changes, besides the awful awful awful execution, Korra's setup was basically that she somehow can't tap into her past lives despite getting full-avatar state cause lolz. As such she requires someone to teach her more of dat spirituality and shit because Tenzin aint shit for that and a lot things. So conveniently her uncle knows exactly what to teach and what needs to be done. Aang would just ask one of his past lives, namely Wan, whats up, and would circumvent most of that shit. So I think it wouldn't be an issue for him.

It wasn't that Korra couldn't tap into her past lives so much as it was that she because she saw the Avatar State more as a power-up than anything else.
Tenzin said:
The Avatar State is not a booster rocket!

In fact, they never say if she could or couldn't tap into her past lives (I don't quite recall it if they did). That was why the whole Raava revelation was so important, because spirits are an integral part of the world and her time in the spiritual world taught her that overwhelming force wasn't always the answer. There's other ways to resolve conflict, and she couldn't always operate purely off of emotion (which is what made her so insufferable during the beginning of that season). It was part of what caused the issue, but something that compounded that was having this mastermind directly pitting spirits against her as weapons. Korra fell prey to his promises because it meant she could fight spirits. That whole event with the spirit attacking her encampment was staged so Unalaq could directly show her a way to combat spirits, which would cause her to fall in line with his ideals.

Aang would have obviously opted to do it more diplomatically. Even more so because of his age at that point in time. There's too many factors involved to say if he could have handled it better or worse than Korra, though.

Hamlet

Got this on the way home today and for those wondering, Kurira made it into the book ha.

How they came up with Ming Hua is quite interesting.

"BK: Ming-Hua's origins came from a grim joke pitch Mike and I had about Amon somehow surviving the explosion on the boat, but needed to bend water in place of his missing limbs. While we never took that grisly idea too seriously, it led to the creation of a waterbender without arms, who nevertheless could bend liquid arms that were far more effective in many ways. We had shown Katara bending water in a similar fashion, but with Ming-Hua we could explore the techniques much further. "

bruh-o.gif

Bruh.....

You gotta open your eyes man. Pema isn't interesting in the slightest, she's just...there.
People acting like young Lin wasn't a total babe herself. If that relationship lasted 5 years I doubt Tenzin would do a 5 year stretch if he was suffering in it

doodle

I'm not sure if I am bat at the internet, or blind, but I can not seem to find a place that allows you to buy ATLA or TLoK digitally, while allowing you to download it?

Preferably, I would love it in a format that would facilitate watching them through XBMC or something similar. Would the best option be ripping the DVDs?

People acting like young Lin wasn't a total babe herself. If that relationship lasted 5 years I doubt Tenzin would do a 5 year stretch if he was suffering in it

Exactly, he knew from when he was a child what he was getting into with Lin and he still did it. They drifted apart due to the whole "Tenzin needs babies" thing, then Pema wants to come in with her ol regular self and drives the final nail into the coffin.

Anyhow... Time for me to watch Book 3 of ATLA

Exactly, he knew from when he was a child what he was getting into with Lin and he still did it. They drifted apart due to the whole "Tenzin needs babies" thing, then Pema wants to come in with her ol regular self and drives the final nail into the coffin.

Anyhow... Time for me to watch Book 3 of ATLA
Yeah I know. It's not like Lin threatened to flatten him with a rock to make him her boyfriend. He made the choice himself. It's not like Lin can't care about people. She's just usually cranky.

Since we talking about broken relationships, here is one that is so.... heart wrenching. I mean, we all felt the emotion coming from these two and I was so sad that they had to break up.

ttC8Ww5.gif

In all seriousness though...

.....I still ship them.

She's actually cute when they don't draw her to look insane.

Well... granted, anyone who spends 13 years in prison writing mental fan fics about guards and pastry chefs is gonna be a little out there.

Grey DeLisle has a thing for voicing characters in Avatar verse that aren't quite... there.

Not counting young Lin.

Spirit Mushroom seems crazy tho.

Well... granted, anyone who spends 13 years in prison writing mental fan fics about guards and pastry chefs is gonna be a little out there.

Grey DeLisle has a thing for voicing characters in Avatar verse that aren't quite... there.

Not counting young Lin.

Spirit Mushroom seems crazy tho.
I love her kooky sounding voice. She should've used it more as Ming Hua. I bust out laughing every time she asks Zaheer about his flying. She's also kind of funny when she's going nuts as Azula.

Lethe82

Banned
When they first went down into the prison I thought she was an old Azula and was freaking the fuck out.

Nah I agree with you, I think book 3 is the best season entity, it's just that as I was watching season one I was hyped unlike anything else. A lot of that hype disappeared after season 2, and I could never get that disappointment out of my mind while watching season 3. So for me the experience of watching season one is something I recall as being almost entirely very positive.

I would still say that book 1 is the best season of Korra, there is an argument that it is season 3 however, but in some ways I feel like Season 3 was giving up as it really eschewed a lot of the style that was present in books 1 and 2. It was very well executed, but a much more generic story (and far more TLA in aesthetic) than books 1 or (the overly ambitious mess) book 2.

Still though, I love book 3, but I would rate Book 1 as the best season of Avatar verse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom