• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethe82

Banned
jtY1MCF.jpg

just keep bryke away from it

I really wouldn't mind a series or something showing off the young red lotus members, especially considering how they ended up... Imagine the era in between the end of TLA and LoK, seeing their optimistic beginnings

tumblr_nik9myW8xB1s4xyd8o1_1280.jpg

"Bryan Konietzko: “As one of the primary gatekeepers of what is canon in the Avatarverse, I have to make it clear that Ming-Hua was born without arms, due to a congenital disorder. This is a cool alternate interpretation by Eugene, though!”

Joaquim Dos Santos: “If the story did not make you somewhat sympathetic to Zaheer and his gang, then maybe this image, which captures them in an earlier time, before life’s trials and tribulations have hardened them, will.”

Young Red Lotus members by Eugene Lee (The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series, Book 3: Change, p. 183). "

To this:

tumblr_nilk71NOd21tmlbv9o1_250.gif

tumblr_nilk71NOd21tmlbv9o2_250.gif

tumblr_nilk71NOd21tmlbv9o3_250.gif

tumblr_nilk71NOd21tmlbv9o4_250.gif

"Team Red Lotus" should have been a little more fleshed out, maybe had an episode devoted to their earlier days and how they ended up how they did.

"Bryan Konietzko: “As one of the primary gatekeepers of what is canon in the Avatarverse, I have to make it clear that Ming-Hua was born without arms, due to a congenital disorder. This is a cool alternate interpretation by Eugene, though!”

don't tell veelk

Lethe82

Banned
Nah man this is the Legend of Korra....move over irrelevant characters.

I was thinking more a mini series, or an episode dedicated to explaining their journey somewhat, or even just a little more exposition about their past during the season itself. They easily could have, I dunno, cut every scene with Meloo and that other Tenzin Daughter to make room.

I guess Tarrlok is missing in that picture, wasn't he a red lotus member (who screwed them over after the failed abduction of Korra?)

EDIT: Unalaaq

360pages

Nah man this is the Legend of Korra....move over irrelevant characters.

Honestly, I want their story to be told over Korra's I mean, I even like their designs more and they feel closer to Gaang 2.5 more than the Krew. I mean, they actually took out time to take a picture together.

I was thinking more a mini series, or an episode dedicated to explaining their journey somewhat, or even just a little more exposition about their past during the season itself. They easily could have, I dunno, cut every scene with Meloo and that other Tenzin Daughter to make room.

I guess Tarrlok is missing in that picture, wasn't he a red lotus member (who screwed them over after the failed abduction of Korra?)

That was Unalaaq.

rexor0717

I would read a comic series about Zaheer's crew for sure.
So Nick posted a different family trees. Apparently Zuko is asexual because they didn't even give him a branch for his mate. lol

Hamlet

I would read a comic series about Zaheer's crew for sure.
So Nick posted a different family trees. Apparently Zuko is asexual because they didn't even give him a branch for his mate. lol
Gotta keep something for those comics and probably the same reason why Sokka's all empty on it also.

I concur that Tarlock does not look like Ming the Merciless.

Tarlock looks like he's about to go join Nudist Beach.
Nah he's just getting ready to meet his new best buddy.

tumblr_mw1syf6Rlc1qbsleso1_1280.png

Hamlet

Some tibits from the Book 3 Art Book.

About the theories from this particular image.
MD: After we showed this photo at San Diego Comic Con, there was some speculation that Zaheer is the one in the photo holding Su. It's an interesting theory, but that was never our intent. Su's circus background was part of her eclectic history, showing how she was trying to find herself before she built Zaofu.
BK: Besides the guy holding Su is about a foot taller than Zaheer!

About P'Li's death.
BK: In the orginal storyboard, in order to protect her sister, Su used the metal from her necklace and bracelets to encapsulate P'Li's head. There wasn't enough enough metal in normal design to do the trick, and it it made sense that she would have suited up for this battle, so we gave her some armor similar to that of the Zafou's guard.

Lethe82

Banned
That's not something very hard to achieve to be honest.

No it's not. When a group of friends are better characters away from each other it's just weird.

I feel like Team Korra being more of a fragmented entity of close acquaintances was inevitable in a far more developed world. In TLA everything was so tightly knit because Katarra and Sokka really had nothing to tie them to the water tribe (because there was basically nothing left) and they found Aang who had this huge destiny to fullfill. Right there it creates a tightly knit group.

LoK gang are all people with their own (non transient) lives, positions, and responsibilities within an area when Korra appears on the scene. Yeah they like one another and will work together, but all of them have day jobs and responsibilities that pull them in different directions. Every member of Team Avatar from TLA essentially existed to help - and revolved around - Aang and his quest, and because said quest necessitated group travel over long distances they all had to stay together in close proximity.

It didn't help that Mako kind of made everything weird during book 1.

Though from a 'group cohesion' perspective I did like that they had Bolin helping Asami in book 2, and I mean they tried to essentially make Verrik the final boss for Mako/Bolin/Asami in book 2, but I think keeping the Fire Ferrits around might have been easier from a writing perspective.

I feel like Team Korra being more of a fragmented entity of close acquaintances was inevitable in a far more developed world. In TLA everything was so tightly knit because Katarra and Sokka really had nothing to tie them to the water tribe (because there was basically nothing left) and they found Aang who had this huge destiny to fullfill. Right there it creates a tightly knit group.

LoK gang are all people with their own (non transient) lives, positions, and responsibilities within an area when Korra appears on the scene. Yeah they like one another and will work together, but all of them have day jobs and responsibilities that pull them in different directions. Every member of Team Avatar from TLA essentially existed to help - and revolved around - Aang and his quest, and because said quest necessitated group travel over long distances they all had to stay together in close proximity.

Though from a 'group cohesion' perspective I did like that they had Bolin helping Asami in book 2, and I mean they tried to essentially make Verrik the final boss for Mako/Bolin/Asami in book 2, but I think keeping the Fire Ferrits around might have been easier from a writing perspective.
You make an excellent point but even after the Gaang grew up they pretty much stuck together. Zuko might be the exception but he had a country to rebuild. It's hard to even picture the Krew getting a cup of tea together unless the entire world was in danger.

360pages

The Irony of this, is despite the fact that the Gaang revolved around Aang. When Aang wasn't there they still had their own characters and thoughts on one another outside of him.

Once the Season start, most of the dialog outside of Season 4 was pretty much. (I wonder what Korra is doing?) Which is a really awful way to write

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom