• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fucking god.
h8458C27B

SystemBug

The manga did most of it better, but it feels very Violent for the sake of Violent. Did you love all those character deaths?

it was all b.s. like they were going for shock factor or whatever.
tatsumi's death was rushed, leone didn't even need to die

360pages

it was all b.s. like they were going for shock factor or whatever.
tatsumi's death was rushed, leone didn't even need to die

That is my main gripe about the series. Even the Manga version (Which is very different)They top killing off characters for reasons and just feel like they kill them off because there hasn't been a body dropped in awhile.

Really, only two/three characters on the main character side should have died.

Kuvira would've made a good sixth ranger for the Krew, not as a villain.

I was totally on board with the idea a ways back, from the beginning of Balance until at least the halfway point, that Kuvira was being a dictator in preparation for a bigger threat. Or that her messing with the spirit vines would unleash a bigger threat and she'd have to switch sides, and that this threat would make her realize "I dun fucked up" and she'd stop.

I was genuinely on board with that, and if I recall it was a fairly popular idea being batted around.

I was totally on board with the idea a ways back, from the beginning of Balance until at least the halfway point, that Kuvira was being a dictator in preparation for a bigger threat. Or that her messing with the spirit vines would unleash a bigger threat and she'd have to switch sides, and that this threat would make her realize "I dun fucked up" and she'd stop.

I was genuinely on board with that, and if I recall it was a fairly popular idea being batted around.
Her pulling a Satsuki in preparation for evil spririt Aang or Kyoshi or whatever would've really helped her character.

Her pulling a Satsuki in preparation for evil spririt Aang or Kyoshi or whatever would've really helped her character.

It's a trope that's existed in multiple forms for a long, long time. That being said, it worked with Kuvira's character more than any other villain. Getting put in her place as punishment for her ambition, or establishing total dominance in order to have full control of the defense against said major threat.

That being said, I'd rather her pull a Satsuki as opposed to "Oh shit I fucked up," mostly because it would mean that we'd get a giant spirit villain again. Not something I'd particularly want. If she was uniting people in preparation for say, Raiko's evil world-conquering plot, I'd be super down with that. Especially considering that there didn't seem to be an in depth representation of the political conflict in that season. One of the only times I can utilize "wasted potential" as an actual gripe.

Man, Raiko should have been a big bad.

Double post, but that's Winry Rockbell.
I guess I have too much of a hard on for Hawkeye. Winry's nice...she's just not Hawkeye.
It's a trope that's existed in multiple forms for a long, long time. That being said, it worked with Kuvira's character more than any other villain. Getting put in her place as punishment for her ambition, or establishing total dominance in order to have full control of the defense against said major threat.

That being said, I'd rather her pull a Satsuki as opposed to "Oh shit I fucked up," mostly because it would mean that we'd get a giant spirit villain again. Not something I'd particularly want. If she was uniting people in preparation for say, Raiko's evil world-conquering plot, I'd be super down with that. Especially considering that there didn't seem to be an in depth representation of the political conflict in that season. One of the only times I can utilize "wasted potential" as an actual gripe.

Man, Raiko should have been a big bad.

Raiko was the bad guy. Anybody trying to set up an incompetent puppet regime just so they can exploit their resources is some George W. Bush era bullshit. He's Reagan without the CIA.

I guess I have too much of a hard on for Hawkeye. Winry's nice...she's just not Hawkeye.

Raiko was the bad guy. Anybody trying to set up an incompetent puppet regime just so they can exploit their resources is some George W. Bush era bullshit. He's Reagan without the CIA.

Yeah, but that was never put in any real focus and he was never played up as an antagonist. Besides, he didn't have various camps and WMDs. He wanted to make WMDs, but he didn't have any.

He was always played up as "What an asshole, but he's kinda got a point."

Yeah, but that was never put in any real focus and he was never played up as an antagonist. Besides, he didn't have various camps and WMDs. He wanted to make WMDs, but he didn't have any.
The dude was trying to start up an arms race. I'm not arguing with you, but if Kuvira didn't think of it first he wouldn't have cared. Personally I would've preferred if Kuvira actually refined the spirit energy as an energy source. Everybody would've wanted that and they wouldn't have tried to depose her. They would've had to initiate trade talks with her to even get access to it.

The dude was trying to start up an arms race. I'm not arguing with you, but if Kuvira didn't think of it first he wouldn't have cared. Personally I would've preferred if Kuvira actually refined the spirit energy as an energy source. Everybody would've wanted that and they wouldn't have tried to depose her. They would've had to initiate trade talks with her to even get access to it.

Like I said, Raiko's an asshole, but he's never played up as an antagonist outside of Spirits. Even then, he has a point.

To be fair, that was what Varrick was doing initially. It begs the question though: Was Kuvira planning on building the Colossus all along, and Varrick's accidental discovery got turned into the spirit cannon and was added on later? Or was she planning on using spirit vines as a weapon the whole time?

Like I said, Raiko's an asshole, but he's never played up as an antagonist outside of Spirits. Even then, he has a point.

To be fair, that was what Varrick was doing initially. It begs the question though: Was Kuvira planning on building the Colossus all along, and Varrick's accidental discovery got turned into the spirit cannon and was added on later? Or was she planning on using spirit vines as a weapon the whole time?
Because they wanted the laziest politician in animation history to be a good guy. Raiko would've gotten steamrolled in either Code Geass or a Gundam show.

So what if Tenzin died as a kid, and Aang became a super pissed/grumpy/depressed person, then impregnated Katara again, but ended up on his death bed before that kid was born.

Ok, finally finished the second season of young justice last night and three things:

1. Obligatory screw you to CN

2. Really loved the animation, the guys at Warner Bros Animation are amazing

3. Season with Darksied would have been the shit.

4. Screw you CN

Ok, finally finished the second season of young justice last night and three things:

1. Obligatory screw you to CN

2. Really loved the animation, the guys at Warner Bros Animation are amazing

3. Season with Darksied would have been the shit.

4. Screw you CN
i_hug_that_feel.png

I didn't say the kid wouldn't be an airbender. I'm just trying to create a dark situation for Aang.
Without Tenzin there's nobody there to teach history. I guess the air acolytes can do it, Tenzin was really schooled in the history and he seemed to teach the acolytes as well.
Reading another Korvira fic, man I'm such a sucker for crack ships.
It's a better ship than their canon ships.

orochi91

Just finished watching Season 1...

That scene, with Tarrlok and Amon...

That boat...
DAT SUICIDE.

And speaking of
suicide
, Korra on that cliff contemplating jumping off was just awesome.

The season had great plot/humor/dialogue/characters/animation/sound.

Wonderful all around.

Ranked right up there after Book 3 of ATLA.

On to Season 2 now!

So I was going through OT1, and I found this

tumblr_ndhe67a2Qz1tl5boeo1_500.jpg

Toa's reaction to it(and many other pics :p)

Good ol Iahfy, her and Owler combined provided the Korra fandom with crazy amounts of NSFW pics. Her tumblr got hacked and now she does SFW these days while Owler still does NSFW. They reblog each other's pics all the time so it's kinda easy to get them confused.

Good ol Iahfy, her and Owler combined provided the Korra fandom with crazy amounts of NSFW pics. Her tumblr got hacked and now she does SFW these days while Owler still does NSFW. They reblog each other's pics all the time so it's kinda easy to get them confused.

Used to be Kyhu or something right?

That was good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom