• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was going through OT1, and I found this

tumblr_ndhe67a2Qz1tl5boeo1_500.jpg

Toa's reaction to it(and many other pics :p)
Here's another one done by the same artist. Don't back track this image if you care about your sanity and eyeballs, you've been warned.
Pic is SFW but everything else on that site is yikes

Here's another one done by the same artist. Don't back track this image if you care about your sanity and eyeballs, you've been warned.

I was figuring out what you were talking about because I didn't see the pic, then I quoted your post. Then I saw the url... and yea, I don't want them problems.

Good ol Iahfy, her and Owler combined provided the Korra fandom with crazy amounts of NSFW pics. Her tumblr got hacked and now she does SFW these days while Owler still does NSFW. They reblog each other's pics all the time so it's kinda easy to get them confused.

Good ol'Iahfy/Kyhu, been a lot of updates from her as of late. The closest thing to NSFW she put out recently was this
Definitely safer than Owler's output.
dzsa7KL.png

Lethe82

Banned
Just finished watching Season 1...

That scene, with Tarrlok and Amon...

That boat...
DAT SUICIDE.

And speaking of
suicide
, Korra on that cliff contemplating jumping off was just awesome.

The season had great plot/humor/dialogue/characters/animation/sound.

Wonderful all around.

Ranked right up there after Book 3 of ATLA.

On to Season 2 now!

You have my sword. Season 1 is my favorite season of Avatar ever. It will be interesting to hear your impressions of season 2.

Lethe82

Banned
I'd almost say smoke some crack and not even bother, but there are some decent moments in it still.

Seazon 2 could have been so much better had they

1) Not purposefully made characters unlikable to make the endgame more powerful. Seriously, it was either that or you got hit with the stupid stick (like Lin who refused to follow up on any of Mako's leads, or the President)

2) Cut down on the amount of tangent plotlines or more tightly consolidated them to fewer threads per episode, or constructed them more as individual focused mini chatacter arcs that all then tied into the finale.

Sesson 2 is filled with a lot of good ideas qnd narratives, conceptually, but the way they are cramed into every episode makes season 2 a frantic disorienting cocophonous mess of jerks and fools.

Seazon 2 could have been so much better had they

1) Not purposefully made characters unlikable to make the endgame more powerful. Seriously, it was either that or you got hit with the stupid stick (like Lin who refused to follow up on any of Mako's leads, or the President)

2) Cut down on the amount of tangent plotlines or more tightly consolidated them to fewer threads per episode, or constructed them more as individual focused mini chatacter arcs that all then tied into the finale.

Sesson 2 is filled with a lot of good ideas qnd narratives, conceptually, but the way they are cramed into every episode makes season 2 a frantic disorienting cocophonous mess of jerks and fools.
Best part of season 2 is Aang's kids as far as I'm concerned. Seeing Bolin dealing with Eska is funny as long as you don't take it seriously and some of Varrick's stick. The Krew is fine when they're not acting like people from The Jersey Shore. Villain was shit, he had about as much depth as Skeletor. Pretty much when you really think about portions of that season it's bad, like really bad. Once you distance yourself from thought you can find the nuggets of goodness. It's a mess yes, but it's not all bad. Still wish Lin showed up. Her doppelganger was not up to the task. They wrote her well in season 1, but it's like they forgot how to actually write her character for the second season.

I'm not refuting that. Raiko just couldn't play politics to save his life. Lelouche would've just shamed him without even dipping into his Geass power.

Lelouch was overpowered as fuck, but that's beside the point. I'll agree to that, only because we never really see Raiko actually "play the political game," so to speak. I mean, he's not even present in Air and barely there for Change. Hell, he isn't even there for most of Balance, so really we only see his political swag through Wu. His most prominent role is in Spirits, but only due to the Civil War and I've stated before that he was a dick, but he did have a point. Even if he went to a ludicrous extent to maintain that point.

that Ether was fucking massive LOL

You knew that shit made her soul burn slow just due to the fact Lin attacked Su after that. Even when I first watched that episode I just said "daaaaayyyyuuuummmm"

Here you have this woman who has her own city, with a husband and 5 kids... standing in her massive courtyard telling Lin that she ain't shit and won't never be shit... that's gotta sting.

Lin is still bae tho

Lin should've thrown a bigger rock at Su's head.
You knew that shit made her soul burn slow just due to the fact Lin attacked Su after that. Even when I first watched that episode I just said "daaaaayyyyuuuummmm"

Here you have this woman who has her own city, with a husband and 5 kids... standing in her massive courtyard telling Lin that she ain't shit and won't never be shit... that's gotta sting.

Lin is still bae tho

I'm still annoyed that Lin lost that fight. Su hasn't been in the right a day in her life yet she's always the one Bryke sides with.

She should've did Zaofu like she did Air Temple Island.

Yea, I'm miffed at that too. I just take solace in the fact Lin wasn't 100% going in the fight.
Lin is crabby for a reason. If you're confronted by somebody that literally scarred you for life because of their actions then you're going to be salty as fuck for a reason. It took a good chunk of time in my opinion for Lin to work through Su's and Toph's shit. Just the fact that Toph never told Lin who her dad is put's her on the shit parent list. She's not on Ozai's level, but she ain't great. I'm convinced Lin racked up a couple of kill streaks during her rampage on Air Temple Island.

Lin is crabby for a reason. If you're confronted by somebody that literally scarred you for life because of their actions then you're going to be salty as fuck for a reason. It took a good chunk of time in my opinion for Lin to work through Su's and Toph's shit. Just the fact that Toph never told Lin who her dad is put's her on the shit parent list. She's not on Ozai's level, but she ain't great. I'm convinced Lin racked up a couple of kill streaks during her rampage on Air Temple Island.

Least we got a name for Lin's dad, Su's pops is still ducking child support.

Yet when Su and Toph tried to make amends and work shit out, Lin told them to fuck off. Lin's anger is understandable, but I don't feel bad for her.

Su ffs. That woman annoys me so much. She's at fault for so much shit but constantly gets away with it.

All that shit that went down in season 4 stems from Su's boneheaded decisions.

The whole Kuvira wanting to help out the Earth Kingdom thing, Suyin could've taken the world leaders recommendation and helped out the various regions without needing to "assert Zaofu's dominance" or whatever bullshit excuse she came up with. Obviously, the world leaders and Kuvira weren't the only ones who thought that was a bad decision as a majority of her army joined Kuvira's cause.

Also, Like... how on earth is trying to assassinate Kuvira going to magically make the army still at your doorstep disappear?? Get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit Su, jeez.

All that shit that went down in season 4 stems from Su's boneheaded decisions.

The whole Kuvira wanting to help out the Earth Kingdom thing, Suyin could've taken the world leaders recommendation and helped out the various regions without needing to "assert Zaofu's dominance" or whatever bullshit excuse she came up with. Obviously, the world leaders and Kuvira weren't the only ones who thought that was a bad decision as a majority of her army joined Kuvira's cause.

Also, Like... how on earth is trying to assassinate Kuvira going to magically make the army still at your doorstep disappear?? Get all the way the fuck outta here with that bullshit Su, jeez.
Oh I agree. I've had two long ass discussions with BKatastrophe about this same topic. I just can't side with Su. Tried to kill Kuvira in her pajamas and wonders why she gets thrown in prison. If she pulled that shit on anybody else her and her family would've been demolished. Most if not all would've been either dead or sent off to work camps across the globe and Su would've been tortured. I always thought Kuvira was nice for imprisoning the family together.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The issue is Toph. It was her lax parenting that caused Su to do what she wanted and basically get away with it all.

Yup, and then she just says fuck it and disappears on her family when their lives are in danger during 3 whole seasons and then helps them exactly 1 time before going to die in the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom