• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durask

They do that quite a bit, I don't m since I can usually finish a chapter in a Manga faster than an EP of a Anime. So I tend to read those more, plus the art isn't awful.

Akame Ga Kill Adaptation is really meh, though the first 14-17 EP are there with some lacking character moments cut for time.

But if someone is interested in it, Akame Ga Kill as one of the best main villains ever. So likable they even like her more than the main heroine. (Which isn't too hard, considering the female lead is like a dead fish...)

OT but what's so good about Esdeath? Khorne champion with T&A...

AgK is just dumb violent fun but I woulnd't look for anything "best" in it.

tumblr_naq2xtRTKd1rt1uvoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_naq2xtRTKd1rt1uvoo2_1280.jpg

Link

Just to bring it back to Book 2 for a bit, I personally felt the most satisfied after that finale. I appreciate them going for a big, epic, bombastic ending. I enjoyed it and it felt good to watch. Lasers and shit. It was cool.

Anyway, carry on.

Glad you liked Book 2 though. I enjoyed it quite a lot even with it's flaws.

This whole scene is actually one of my favorites

tumblr_mtsw3zFY5p1rogcuio1_500.gif

Although a lot of people thought it was just her going overboard with her unlikable personality at the time, I thought it was a cool scene tbh she was puttin in WORK
There's gotta be fan art of Korra dressed as Jack Bauer because of this scene. TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!? WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!
I know that every time I talk about the death of western animation people usually recommend an apparently highly regarded anime, but do you think I am being unreasonable if I say that practically no Japanese anime can hold my attention for a long time so I don't bother with the medium? Don't want to turn this into an anti-anime thread but I was just wondering if I am being unreasonable here.
What have you been recommended so far?

The thought of an episode dealing with Ming Hua's struggles having no arms. People calling her all kinds of nasty names, having P'Li do her hair (that ain't a stretch... lol). Then she becomes master water bender and...

tumblr_naivtwJwJY1ry1sxno1_500.gif
I could imagine Ming being a kick ass water bender from an early age. She used it like it was an extension of her body so I'm pretty sure she learned how to compensate for it really early. Katara got good at an early age and so did Toph.
Just to bring it back to Book 2 for a bit, I personally felt the most satisfied after that finale. I appreciate them going for a big, epic, bombastic ending. I enjoyed it and it felt good to watch. Lasers and shit. It was cool.

Anyway, carry on.
I will always say the best part of Book 2 is Aang's kids and them working how their issues with Tenzin and how Aang babied him. Both Kya and Bumi are very likable characters. Besides Bumi is the proper comedic character in this series until he got sidelined by Varrick. Bumi is hilarious. Who else would Shoryuken and spirit monster?

Kinvara

Finished watching Season 2.

That was brilliant, though incredibly bittersweet; if I have understood this correctly, the Avatar cycle has completely reset.

10,000 years of Avatars/knowledge is now lost D:

This entire season was fantastic due to lore overload; seriously, it was incredible.
That Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki inspired Avatar origin arc was beautifully executed.

Korra continues to impress me as a character, same with Tenzin's development throughout the season.

One thing I'm confused about is what exactly Jinorah did. Will Season 3/4 answers that?

One thing I absolutely hated: Lin's character was completely tossed aside and butchered. That needs to be rectified going forward.

I'm glad you enjoyed Book 2.

I hope you like Book 3 and 4 which are considered (for the most part) better than 2.

360pages

OT but what's so good about Esdeath? Khorne champion with T&A...

AgK is just dumb violent fun but I woulnd't look for anything "best" in it.

More the fact that her personality is interesting and there is a reason why she acts the way he does. Though Dio is a far better villain, and the main bad from Part 4 of Jojo is better than him.

More the fact that her personality is interesting and there is a reason why she acts the way he does. Though Dio is a far better villain, and the main bad from Part 4 of Jojo is better than him.
I love how Dio always refers to himself in the third person. It's hilarious, "I, the mighty Dio..." Based on what you told me I can't wait for Part 4.

I loved that part.

The entire season Bumi spends telling hard to believe stories about his time in the military, then we actually see the fuckery in action by him destroying the entire encampment by himself... and when asked how he did it, he just says forget it because nobody is going to believe him anyway, lmao.

I loved that part.

The entire season Bumi spends telling hard to believe stories about his time in the military, then we actually see the fuckery in action by him destroying the entire encampment by himself... and when asked how he did it, he just says forget it because nobody is going to believe him anyway, lmao.
Doesn't he have a greased up hog monkey story or some shit? His stories are insane, but I'd love to see them play out in a flashback...god yeah Bumi's great. Wasn't enough of him after Book 3. I wonder if the same sack Bataar Jr. was thrown into was the same sack that Bumi was enlisted in.

Daemul

I loved that part.

That was the best part, the revelation that all his crazy stories are true, but no one ever believes them. Poor Bumi.

When they're in the spirit world, in that fog, Bumi starts getting paranoid that the cannibals are coming to get him. Like, the fuck has Bumi seen in his lifetime?

Bumi has probably seen just about everything I would imagine. I love how Zhao goes right after Tenzin in that fog.
When they are suggesting that they kidnap airbenders by putting bags over their heads and dragging them out of their homes, Bumi says that's how he was recruited into the U.N. After everything we've seen, joke or no joke, I'm inclined to believe him.

When they are suggesting that they kidnap airbenders by putting bags over their heads and dragging them out of their homes, Bumi says that's how he was recruited into the U.N. After everything we've seen, joke or no joke, I'm inclined to believe him.
he made sure they used a sack, probably the same sack mentioned to kidnap Bataar.

because blind people have never had sex?

not saying that, I'm saying if we're going to run with the hilarious theory she sexed a lot of dudes... then it's a little bit weird that she doesn't know what any of them look like.

But, I'm just going to keep it safe and say she got with "Kanto" and
Sokka
only.

not saying that, I'm saying if we're going to run with the hilarious theory she sexed a lot of dudes... then it's a little bit weird that she doesn't know what any of them look like.

But, I'm just going to keep it safe and say she got with "Kanto" and
Sokka
only.
Don't forget Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. And Toph sexing up a bunch of dudes probably isn't much of a theory. Given how lax and go with the flow her personality is she probably just did whatever the hell she wanted. And if that's the portion of her personality that Su got then yeah, her ship with Kuvira makes some sense. "I'll raise her to do what I want...hot damn this orphan girl is cute. I'm going to have to holler at that when she hit 18."
*Kuvira turns 16*
"Fuck it I've waited long enough."

Don't forget Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. And Toph sexing up a bunch of dudes probably isn't much of a theory. Given how lax and go with the flow her personality is she probably just did whatever the hell she wanted. And if that's the portion of her personality that Su got then yeah, her ship with Kuvira makes some sense. "I'll raise her to do what I want...hot damn this orphan girl is cute. I'm going to have to holler at that when she hit 18."
*Kuvira turns 16*
"Fuck it I've waited long enough."

And Lin got the crabbiness of Toph. I find it hard to believe that after her and Tenzin broke up she just stayed bitter and lonely. You know all them young "menz" that work under her, she could've at least plucked one of them and tell them to "do work" and be done with it.

....and it's going to be difficult for Su to pry Kuvira from Opal :D

I completely forgot about Sokka. Too bad he got corrupt and Suki killed him for sleeping around and snorting dried up cactus juice off hookers cleavage.
And Lin got the crabbiness of Toph. I find it hard to believe that after her and Tenzin broke up she just stayed bitter and lonely. You know all them young "menz" that work under her, she could've at least plucked one of them and tell them to "do work" and be done with it.

....and it's going to be difficult for Su to pry Kuvira from Opal :D

Maybe that's the part Mako is going to place in the future. She's GILF status.

I completely forgot about Sokka. Too bad he got corrupt and Suki killed him for sleeping around and snorting dried up cactus juice off hookers cleavage.

Maybe that's the part Mako is going to place in the future. She's GILF status.

Well... according Mindy Sterling, he has to buy Lin drinks, be able to last all night, and not think he's going to end up on top.

Follow those three rules, and Mako is sure to turn that L into a W.

Well.. you gotta give Tenzin this. He must have obviously been laying in down in bed otherwise Lin wouldn't have went berserk trying to throw Pema in jail and the whole air temple island thing.
Yeah probably did her on top of a tornado or some shit. He rocked her like a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom