• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really could've done a lot more with whoever has Vaatu being the Dark Avatar. But no, we just got Pacific Rim.

If the Dark Avatar hadn't been an endgame plot point, sure. We could have gotten more development, but the only other reason you introduce something like that into a show like this is to provide a sick fight. Which they did.

Also, unclear as to how anything being "just Pacific Rim" is bad. It's one of the greatest films of all time
fightme

If the Dark Avatar hadn't been an endgame plot point, sure. We could have gotten more development, but the only other reason you introduce something like that into a show like this is to provide a sick fight. Which they did.

Also, unclear as to how anything being "just Pacific Rim" is bad. It's one of the greatest films of all time
fightme

gi1VwNk.gif

fightme

Having a Dark Avatar as a recurring villian would have been soooooo good. And I mean like a normal sized person, not that giant kaiju shit we got.

Lethe82

Banned
So are the TLA Avatar comics ever going to deal with how Sokka dies? Presumably not since he was still alive when the Red Lotus tried to kidnap a young Korra (and was a part of the defense, allegedly), but Sokka died sometime shortly after that (as in 1-2 decades time frame), he would have been in his 50's or 60's.

It's really weird that he apparently died so young, and we never hear about why or how.

EDIT: Granted Aang was in his what, late 60's when he died? Yet Katara is still around at 89 in LoK. Maybe guys just suck at living even more so in the Avatar World. :p

So are the TLA Avatar comics ever going to deal with how Sokka dies? Presumably not since he was still alive when the Red Lotus tried to kidnap a young Korra (and was a part of the defense, allegedly), but Sokka died sometime shortly after that (as in 1-2 decades time frame), he would have been in his 50's or 60's.

It's really weird that he apparently died so young, and we never hear about why or how.

The storylines haven't gone past a full year or so after the ending of ATLA. So unless there's a time jump, I would say "no." At the current pace, anyway.

Lethe82

Banned
My head cannon says that he suffered a fatal brain aneurysm when Yakone Blood Bent him at the court house. I mean... why not I guess.

EDIT: Granted Aang was in his what, late 60's when he died? Yet Katara is still around at 89 in LoK. Maybe guys just suck at living even more so in the Avatar World. :p

I think they attributed Aang's early death to being in an iceberg for 100 years.

But yea, Avatars for some odd reason tend to not live very long, unless your name is Kyoshi who sees Sozen's comet like a regular ass day.

Lethe82

Banned
Kyoshi probably bathed in the blood of virgins every sunday.

Even though he was alive to fend of Zaheer's group when Korra was a wee baby?

Well to be fair I only just read that he was a part of the Red Lotus Defense (he probably was the 'plan guy' behind a lot of keeping Korra safe and the actual defense itself when it came to it). XD

I know my head cannon is invalid, but that's what I had been going with for pretty much ever before learning about this little tid bit (well not really, I just assumed he died an unremarkable death to a remarkable life so there was no point in characters randomly commenting on how he died in his sleep a little early. If they were going to give him an in show explanation, I figured that dying at the council would have been it).

I think they attributed Aang's early death to being in an iceberg for 100 years.

But yea, Avatars for some odd reason tend to not live very long, unless your name is Kyoshi who sees Sozen's comet like a regular ass day.

This is plausible yeah.

I kind of wonder if Korra had some time lopped off her lifespan due to all the shit she has been through. Although the world she lives in is advancing so rapidly that medicine is probably much much better than it could ever be during Aangs era.

This whole scene would have worked a better with more abstracted visual information. Instead of just making them giant Kaju with clearly defined borders, have auras around them literally spilling out energy.

Don't care. I want my fight scene of Tenzin, Tonraq, LORD Zuko, and motherfucking CHIEF Sokka fighting off Zaheer (without airbending), Ghazan, P'li, and Ming Hua. All whilst protecting Korra IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARCTIC.

Fucking sick nasty.

Don't care. I want my fight scene of Tenzin, Tonraq, LORD Zuko, and motherfucking CHIEF Sokka fighting off Zaheer (without airbending), Ghazan, P'li, and Ming Hua. All whilst protecting Korra IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARCTIC.

Fucking sick nasty.
Sokka probably got submerged in lava, combustion bent or eviscerated by Ming, but yes that would've been a cool fight scene.

Sokka probably got submerged in lava, combustion bent or eviscerated by Ming, but yes that would've been a cool fight scene.

You KNOW he hit P'li in the face with a boomerang. Him an Zuko were like "just like old times" and then one of them made a snarky comment about trying to kill each other and then I squeed like a wee babby with glee

Lethe82

Banned
The end of ATLA Book 1 at least had the Kaiju being monstrous and demolishing an army. Book 2s Kaiju battle was litterally just two giant dorky looking people talking and performing wrestling moves. I mean at least the Fish thing kind of made sense in context, Korra turning into a giant blue version of herself and shooting off IronMan Uni beams was just insultingly bad.

Fucking sick nasty.

Well they're making a mini comic (or something) where Aang tells a young Tenzin about his life, so maybe we'll eventually get to see the Red Lotus defeat in some way shape or form.

I'm kind of worried though that nick is only interested in milking TLA in specific for as long as people will buy those comics etc and have no real interest in allowing expanded Korra material.

The end of ATLA Book 1 at least had the Kaiju being monstrous and demolishing an army. Book 2s Kaiju battle was litterally just two giant dorky looking people talking and performing wrestling moves.
She didn't even have the common sense to do a pile driver or Zangief's Super Combo.
latest

360pages

The end of ATLA Book 1 at least had the Kaiju being monstrous and demolishing an army. Book 2s Kaiju battle was litterally just two giant dorky looking people talking and performing wrestling moves. I mean at least the Fish thing kind of made sense in context, Korra turning into a giant blue version of herself and shooting off IronMan Uni beams was just insultingly bad.

Well they're making a mini comic (or something) where Aang tells a young Tenzin about his life, so maybe we'll eventually get to see the Red Lotus defeat in some way shape or form.

I'm kind of worried though that nick is only interested in milking TLA in specific for as long as people will buy those comics etc and have no real interest in allowing expanded Korra material.

Honestly, I am interested to see what new and fresh writers would do with the world and series...though they will probably just make Teen Titian Go level of stuff.

I would pay good money to see this happen. Now that I think about it they do have a bit in common. Kuvira could probably give her that strong devoted shoulder Azula needs.

I just want to see if for a certain someones meltdown.

Wait a minute, the description for that pic says it's kicking off a tumblr fan event called "femslash february"?? Those women on tumblr about to go ham and

tumblr_static_profile.gif

Kinvara

I LOVED Koizilla in the Book 1 finale.

The awesome wrath of the ocean spirit levelling an entire fleet of Fire Nation ships. So rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom