• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT3| JadedWriter Gaf

dTVKL.gif

Feenix you will not over take me

edit: who am I kidding yeah you will

it's ok, i don't want top 10 in this kuvira thread anyway

Even if I do overtake you, you're still going to be in the top 10 of Toa's Kuvira Shrine. Unless 360 or Icy pass you, but I doubt that would happen before new OT.

Fortunately I never seen the movie but even I know about that part. Like, all those people and their fancy earthbending just to move a cot damn pebble.

Speaking of which, what happened to that OT? Azula is now Mononoke and I think Omikaru was supposed to post it at some point.

Yea, they said the new OT was going to be ready soon but were putting some finishing touches on it. Idk the ETA on it, but I rewatched ATLA at least 3 times during the wait.

Hamlet

Speaking of which, what happened to that OT? Azula is now Mononoke and I think Omikaru was supposed to post it at some point.

lol. I've never seen the movie but have seen that clip. Don't know wtf he was thinking.

What Feenix said. Just in time for the 10th Avatar anniversary hopefully.
Who knows what Shyamalan and Nick were thinking with that film from all the names suddenly getting pronounced differently for some reason, bending getting super nerfed (fire benders needed pre-existing fire to fire bend now) and the film being almost entirely humorless. Only good thing that movie gave us was Asami and an ok Iroh.

What Feenix said. Just in time for the 10th Avatar anniversary hopefully.
Who knows what Shyamalan and Nick were thinking with that film from all the names suddenly getting pronounced differently for some reason, bending getting super nerfed (fire benders needed pre-existing fire to fire bend now) and the film being almost entirely humorless. Only good thing that movie gave us was Asami and an ok Iroh.

I honestly didn't think the guy who played Zuko was a bad actor tbh

Dev Patel is a great actor but I don't really think he was at his best in this. Then again its been quite a while since I watched it, so maybe it's time for a rewatch heh .

i think many times it comes down to director vision. I haven't seen the film myself, but I wouldn't even mind different name pronunciations or anything like that, but why make the bending so janky and hokey is the one thing I won't understand. You could've made an incredible martial arts film but noooooo

I mean, I wouldn't mind another full rewatch with yall. Besides, the last few times I rewatched, it was either background noise for when I'm on the computer or I started from when Toph joins mid Book 2. I rewatch the more light hearted Book 3 episodes all the time though (painted lady, the beach... etc)

the firebending masters is one of my favorite episodes, haven't watched it in a while though

Dev Patel is a great actor but I don't really think he was at his best in this. Then again its been quite a while since I watched it, so maybe it's time for a rewatch heh .

Eh I haven't watched it since it released myself, but from what I recall, I remember feeling like I saw genuine emotion from him in comparison to the rest of the cast.

I mean, I wouldn't mind another full rewatch with yall. Besides, the last few times I rewatched, it was either background noise for when I'm on the computer or I started from when Toph joins mid Book 2. I rewatch the more light hearted Book 3 episodes all the time though (painted lady, the beach... etc)

Fire is such a strange season. I can't place my finger on it, but the way that season starts is so...off. Like, the first episode is great. I love it, but then you get The Headband, The Painted Lady, The Beach, Sokka's Master, The Avatar and the Fire Lord, The Runaway, The Puppetmaster, Nightmares and Daydreams.

That's a lot of not plot, which is super surprising coming off of Earth, which is a lot of plot. It's like they reset back to Water's overall tone, but now with all of the extra development to the characters it now carries more weight. It's so...odd. It's not necessarily filler, though, because it either serves to build the Fire Nation and the advance character threads. Plus, the assassination plotline enters in.

I feel like they tried to copy that concept with Balance (it has common threads with Air), but the problem there is that TLoK got way too big by that point. There's no way they could effectively do that.

Welp... going to be posting almost exclusively in this thread for the next two weeks. Keep me company Jaded.
I have no life, I'm practically always here.
Oh this thread. I can always come back to it and expect some weird shit. It's like my own little weirdness hole.
That's why I'm always here.
Even if I do overtake you, you're still going to be in the top 10 of Toa's Kuvira Shrine. Unless 360 or Icy pass you, but I doubt that would happen before new OT.
Does that make me overlord of the Kuvira shrine?
She at least had more swag than Korra till she got nerfed for the finale.

Was trying to find the unpaired version for the upper left one, but goddamnit my google-fu is too weak. At least the upper right works with it...
Perhaps Asami took some pointers from Belladonna.
I linked this before but I never paid much attention to the description.

novawittmann

"KORVIRA is POWER"
They actually look pretty good in that pic. Kuvira is every bit as feminine looking as Asami. Korra's the tomboy in both ships to be honest.

Anybody know what other director options there were for the movie other than Shamalamadingdong?

nah... he's the one who asked Bryke if he can make an Avatar movie.

though I do wish they gave him the
WNVPwBw.png
and kept it moving. How that film managed to make over 300 million is beyond me....

nah... he's the one who asked Bryke if he can make an Avatar movie.

though I do wish they gave him the
WNVPwBw.png
and kept it moving. How that film managed to make over 300 million is beyond me....
They should've thrown rocks at the guy. It's more accurate than his interpretation of earth bending. Avatars think they have it rough but their bosses never tried to force them into debt by trying to force them into Graduate school.

They should've thrown rocks at the guy. It's more accurate than his interpretation of earth bending. Avatars think they have it rough but their bosses never tried to force them into debt by trying to force them into Graduate school.

the only good thing that came out of it was Bryke meeting Seychelle Gabriel

Just keeping away from anything sports related for a while, so I'm just going to camp out here... lol

Oh you mean that lol

good thing i don't care about those things so i didn't even realize

Anybody know what other director options there were for the movie other than Shamalamadingdong?

Not sure.

Apparently it wasn't him that messed it up fully but it was upper management (and also the Katara actress supposedly got the gig because of nepotism and she sucked in the role) with rewrites and the "white washing", etc but hey i guess we will never now.

the only good thing that came out of it was Bryke meeting Seychelle Gabriel

was surprised by this but i guess it was the only thing (even though how Asami was used in the series was no where optimal imo, its better than that POS from before).

the Aang actor looked alright but he apparently couldn't act for shit.

Oh you mean that lol

good thing i don't care about those things so i didn't even realize

Not sure.

Apparently it wasn't him that messed it up fully but it was upper management (and also the Katara actress supposedly got the gig because of nepotism and she sucked in the role) with rewrites and the "white washing", etc but hey i guess we will never now.
Given his filmography I'm willing a apportion some of the fuck ups to Shyamalan. Nick probably just didn't care enough to make sure the movie turned out well.

Given his filmography I'm willing a apportion some of the fuck ups to Shyamalan. Nick probably just didn't care enough to make sure the movie turned out well.

Yea i think the name pronunciation stuff was on him lol and if true about what i said he could have basically fucking left the production instead of going in "dont give a fuck, gimme my money" mode.

Well Nick seemed to care since the green lighted it plus it was supposedly already planned as a trilogy with the other books in tow. But given how they treated Korra i wouldn't be surprised if that tune changed somewhere along the way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom