• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Korra BD will needs to have an alternate ending with Wu and Mako doing the exact last scenes that Korra and Asami had.

360pages

The real problem with the lack of substantial build up to Korrasami is that it's premature implementation comes off as something token, like they threw it in for PR reasons because they knew the Internet would eat it up, for better or worse. In that regard they're geniuses because there are now probably more people talking about Korra than ever before, but it feels like it cheapens the whole thing and is kind of upsetting for the fans who really just wanted a proper send off to the story.

I feel that somewhat, I mean if the series just ended with her talking to Asami and looking off into the distance...would half the people here be here? Nothing was resolved we never got to see what the characters turned out to be like.

Even things like Dragon Ball Z and Naruto ended with at least the most basic of Epilogue's. We got closure...I mean what happened to the world, the bad guys? I mean it just kind of ends...

Afrocious

A cool thing about Asami is that she was drawn to look like Lust from FMA.

I really would've liked to see her villain plotline.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I was pretty convinced when she was introduced that she was going to be a villain until she ended up electrocuting her dad and helping Korra and her crew escape.

my only problem with korrasami is that asami is a dumb character who has no flaws. the relationship between the two was fine for me though.

what are you talking about? she's a girl; thats a flaw right there. HEYOOOO

its a joke guys, don't be mad

nah but in all seriousness I don't get your complaint, she's pretty powerless in the show, she did nearly nothing from what I recall so idk if I would say she has no flaws, but then again I'm not gonna say she's flawless either, I don't feel like I know enough about her to lean 1 way or the other.

was that their intentions or just a coincidence? cause I remember when she was introduced I also thought she looked like Lust and was convinced she was bad.

AniHawk

what are you talking about? she's a girl; thats a flaw right there. HEYOOOO

its a joke guys, don't be mad

nah but in all seriousness I don't get your complaint, she's pretty powerless in the show, she did nearly nothing from what I recall so idk if I would say she has no flaws, but then again I'm not gonna say she's flawless either, I don't feel like I know enough about her to lean 1 way or the other.

was that their intentions or just a coincidence? cause I remember when she was introduced I also thought she looked like Lust and was convinced she was bad.

i just never got the feeling she was a real person. even bolin being a buffoon i felt like there would be someone in the real world who is as deaf to themselves as he is. i guess it isn't even about flaws- there's nothing that made her interesting at all.

i just never got the feeling she was a real person. even bolin being a buffoon i felt like there would be someone in the real world who is as deaf to themselves as he is. i guess it isn't even about flaws- there's nothing that made her interesting at all.

now that I can agree on, she's very irrelevant. she had a minor role in the 1st season but after that she was just there. she didn't serve another purpose until the writers decided to make asami+korra a thing in the last scene for the show. which i have no problem with asami+korra, I think its great, I like how it wasn't just "k yea, we're in love" like bolin and air bender girl. it was more subtle, like a romance just beginning kind of thing.

Just finished it last night. The pacing for this last season, especially the 2nd half was too fast. Solutions seem to happen as soon as the problem is presented. Like how they quickly were able to make the hummingbird cutters, for instance. The Korra-Asami thing also pretty much came out of nowhere -- and not only that, you can't tell if it's something that may begin or has been going on as Season 4 has had 0 romance in it.

Seasons 3>1>4>>>>>>>2.

And what the hell happened to Sokka? 4 seasons and not a mention. I guess the Avatar stories will continue via the comics but I'm sad there will never be another TV show.

SArcher

Banned
I'll have to agree with those who think that this show could have used 20 episodes per season because Korra had way more characters and storylines than ATLA. The result was that we didn't get real resolutions for many of the characters and they never had time for proper epilogues.

SoulUnison

Banned
I was pretty convinced when she was introduced that she was going to be a villain until she ended up electrocuting her dad and helping Korra and her crew escape.

She was *supposed* to betray Team Avatar and side with her father in Book 1, but they changed it because it seemed too much of a standard trope.

WHAT!? WHAT SEASON WAS WAN IN!? whatever season wan was in
wan> whatever else you want to put, idc, wan is number 1.

See what I do to rectify this little situation is rank the seasons by removing Beginnings from season 2

So
Season 3
Season 1
Beginnings
Shit
The Hobbit
Season 4
Season 2 - Beginnings

See what I do to rectify this little situation is rank the seasons by removing Beginnings from season 2

So
Season 3
Season 1
Beginnings
Shit
The Hobbit
Season 4
Season 2 - Beginnings

Sounds about right. I enjoyed season 1 until the last 2 episodes more than season 3 but considering sason 3 was the only one to stick the ending it gets the nod.

Yeah, can't agree with season 4 being so low.

I mean, it wasn't good. But it rarely felt bad either. At least I wasn't constantly bothered by romance or stupid characters. Or stupid twists. The overall plot was terrible though.

Yeah, can't agree with season 4 being so low.

I mean, it wasn't good. But it rarely felt bad either. At least I wasn't constantly bothered by romance or stupid characters. Or stupid twists. The overall plot was terrible though.

We got Wu

Like I said above, there were good episodes in there. But the majority of the season was poorly paced, the plot was uninteresting, the villian was boring and lacked any depth whatsoever. As a whole then I think it's fairly bad.

Seesaw15

The thing that bothered me about season 4 of Korra is the same thing that bothered me about season 3 of Sherlock. I know that it's impossible for a show to be created in a vacuum in this day and age but for Tumblr to have such an impact in your writers room really shows me that the show runners have no idea what they're doing. Though in Korra's case the whole Korrasami thing really elevated an otherwise mediocre season.

Yea I can't agree with S4 being a bad season. It was a dissapointing season but it wasnt shit. I thought the beginning was strong. Then after Toph's arc with Korra things quickly slumped. They didnt fully utilize their limited amount of episodes well especially with the clips episode. That whole Zhaofu take over plot could've been handled better so that it took less time as well as Korra's redemption arc. The final episodes were good and strong and made best of the situation. A fully fleshed out epilogue showing what all the characters were doing would've been appreciated. We dont even know what happened to Mako and Bolin, much less Tenzin and his family or the Beifong clan.

S3> S1> S4> S2

Kinvara

The thing that bothered me about season 4 of Korra is the same thing that bothered me about season 3 of Sherlock. I know that it's impossible for a show to be created in a vacuum in this day and age but for Tumblr to have such an impact in your writers room really shows me that the show runners have no idea what they're doing. Though in Korra's case the whole Korrasami thing really elevated an otherwise mediocre season.

What about Season 3 of Sherlock? Haven't seen the show. Don't plan to. Pls explain.

Season 4 was decent. Not as good as it should have been, not as bad as it could have been.

Personal preference:

Earth
Fire
Change
Air
Water
Balance
Spirits

That's for me. And yeah, I like Korra Book 1 more than ATLA Book 1.

Daemul

She was *supposed* to betray Team Avatar and side with her father in Book 1, but they changed it because it seemed too much of a standard trope.

33504b0a.gif

Thank God they didn't go down that dumb route, they probably would have botched it. The lovely Asami has already been screwed over too much over the past 4 seasons, she deserves her new found happiness.

Satsuki? (also damn I already past the halfway point of the series. So freaking good!)
Yeah satsuki's awesome. I keep telling people it's good but I always meet stiff resistance on here. Earlier when Book 4 started a lot of people compared Kuvira to Satsuki. After watching all of Kill LA Kill it's not accurate.

Luigi87

Yeah satsuki's awesome. I keep telling people it's good but I always meet stiff resistance on here. Earlier when Book 4 started a lot of people compared Kuvira to Satsuki. After watching all of Kill LA Kill it's not accurate.

I can definitely see the comparison in how people follow them both for their charisma and natural leadership style... Of course anyone who has viewed both series knows they can't be more unalike.

Gravidee

Isn't Kill La Kill about that girl who slits her wrists with that device?

Yeah, I saw that and said fuck no.

? She doesn't slit her wrists with it. When the tag is pulled, a mechanism is activated where small points like the heads of a pin prick her around the wrist area.

CDiggity

The more I think about it the more Korra the character seems designed like a tumblr OC. At least from the pages I read. Although this only seems to apply physically with maybe a few character traits.

Seesaw15

What about Season 3 of Sherlock? Haven't seen it. Pls explain.
They really overplayed the undercurrent of homoeroticism in the show. So much so that they have a scene with a Sherlock fan girl speculating what happened on the roof during the end of season 2. It went from winks and nods to full on fan service.

sherlock-moriarty-kiss.gif

Goodstyle

The real problem with the lack of substantial build up to Korrasami is that it's premature implementation comes off as something token, like they threw it in for PR reasons because they knew the Internet would eat it up, for better or worse. In that regard they're geniuses because there are now probably more people talking about Korra than ever before, but it feels like it cheapens the whole thing and is kind of upsetting for the fans who really just wanted a proper send off to the story.

Build up to what though? They're not even in a relationship yet; they just more or less became aware of feelings they may have for each other. I don't think there needed to be substantial build up if they were going to end at the stage where they're just holding hands.

People say that they didn't kiss at the end because Nick/Censorship, but in-universe it's more likely that they aren't even there yet.

Hollycat

I can agree with that because we're probably only in this thread because there were some meltdowns over Korrasami, shit was hilarious and scary at the same fucking time. The show still leads to some really good discussions, but damn, the meltdowns are insane.

Can someone link me to the first page these meltdowns started happening on, I wanted to read them, but damn that thread is huge.

Kinvara

They really overplayed the undercurrent of homoeroticism in the show. So much so that they have a scene with a Sherlock fan girl speculating what happened on the roof during the end of season 2. It went from winks and nods to full on fan service.

Ah, yeah. I've heard plenty of complaints about Moffat's queer-baiting.

Sherlock uses homosexuality as a punchline and the teases they do put in are just there to troll the fans. Tasteless.

Ennosuke

I just saw that last episode. And I loved that show and I will miss it. The final had some epic fights in it, although I expected more from the actual fight against Kuvira.

But of course as everyone else in this thread, I am totally confused about this Asami and Korra thing. Never saw this coming or at least the show never gave us any reason to think into this direction.

Afrocious

I just saw that last episode. And I loved that show and I will miss it. The final had some epic fights in it, although I expected more from the actual fight against Kuvira.

But of course as everyone else in this thread, I am totally confused about this Asami and Korra thing. Never saw this coming or at least the show never gave us any reason to think into this direction.

Nope. There's plenty of us who are in this thread not confused at all!

JDY3DFb.png

Wanderer5

Wait what happen to this thread? Meltdowns? Seems like I missed some excitement in this thread.

And I already love Kill La Kill more in many ways compare to say Korra (like a better use of the cast of characters for one). Definitely quite a enjoyable and entertaining ride so far with a interesting premise too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom