• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as it should happen, Platinum will never make a KLK game because they all seem to dislike the show. So much so that the Platinum Games GAF account has a tag quote about how much it will never happen.
Has platinum games ever seriously sat down and witnessed the bulk of their scripts? Their plots are all over the place and every bit as random. Don't get me wrong there's a lot of charm to them and they put a lot of love and effort into their games but nobody plays a platinum game for the story, and this is somebody that owns most of their games, even dating back to their Clover studios games. The story of Bayonetta is no worse than the story in Kill La Kill. Their only good story is the one in Okami and the God Hand story is crazy. And this isn't me insulting the company, it's just me telling it like it is because I think they could make a kick ass Kill La Kill game.

Hamlet

Well there we go.

Also from Michael Dante DiMartino.

Our intention with the last scene was to make it as clear as possible that yes, Korra and Asami have romantic feelings for each other. The moment where they enter the spirit portal symbolizes their evolution from being friends to being a couple. Many news outlets, bloggers, and fans picked up on this and didn’t find it ambiguous. For the most part, it seems like the point of the scene was understood and additional commentary wasn’t really needed from Bryan or me. But in case people were still questioning what happened in the last scene, I wanted to make a clear verbal statement to complement the show’s visual one. I get that not everyone will be happy with the way that the show ended. Rarely does a series finale of any show satisfy that show’s fans, so I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the positive articles and posts I’ve seen about Korra’s finale.

CDiggity

Oh man, I can't wait for the damage control du jour of "Sure they are in a relationship, doesn't mean it will last."

My fries need salt dammit.

Oh man, I can't wait for the damage control du jour of "Sure they are in a relationship, doesn't mean it will last."

My fries need salt dammit.
Who would say that? Homosexual relationships are every bit as powerful, emotional and lasting as heterosexual ones.

rexor0717

Season 3 of Korra, while not perfect, left me the most satisfied.

My order of all Avatar Tv seasons (best to worst):

1. ATLA season 2
2. ATLA season 3
3. Korra season 3
4. ATLA season 1
5. Korra season 1
6. Korra season 4
7. Korra season 2

Yep, this is my ordering of seasons as well. I might put Balance over Water depending on how I feel that day though.

I too was surprised at the positive reactions to your poorly written finale.

In Korra, all relationships seem to end terribly. Lin and Tenzin, Mako and Korra, Bolin and Eska etc.
But there's still Suyin and Bataar, Bolin and Opal, Tenzin and Pema and Raiko and whatever the fuck his wife is called.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I too was surprised at the positive reactions to your poorly written finale.

In Korra, all relationships seem to end terribly. Lin and Tenzin, Mako and Korra, Bolin and Eska etc.

Tenzin and Pema seem just fine though. Bolin and Opal, Varrick and Zhu Li, Tonraq and Senna, Suyin and her husband...

Hamlet

Great write-ups from Bryke. I love you Bryke.

All hail Bryke.

AsZyDTL.png

Isn't it better to say that all first relationships end terribly? Tenzin had a family and wife after breaking up with Lin. Bolin found Opal and worked as he could to fix their relationship which he did. I assume the characters learn from their previous mistakes and that Korra and Asami could have a lasting relationship.

aly

But there's still Suyin and Bataar, Bolin and Opal, Tenzin and Pema and Raiko and whatever the fuck his wife is called.

Tenzin and Pema seem just fine though. Bolin and Opal, Varrick and Zhu Li, Tonraq and Senna, Suyin and her husband...

Pema stole Tenzin from Lin. Forget her. I agree with the rest though. I guess it's just when I think of shipping the fail stands out a lot.

Isn't it better to say that all first relationships end terribly? Tenzin had a family and wife after breaking up with Lin. Bolin found Opal and worked as he could to fix their relationship which he did. I assume the characters learn from their previous mistakes and that Korra and Asami could have a lasting relationship.

That makes sense as well. Mako learned from his relationship with Korra for example, and now will stay forever single.

DominoKid

as far as the rankings i'd have:

Korra S3 = Airbender S2 (if i had to take one i'd take Korra S3)
Korra S1
Airbender S3
Korra S4
Korra S2
Airbender S1

Pema stole Tenzin from Lin. Forget her. I agree with the rest though. I guess it's just when I think of shipping the fail stands out a lot.

That makes sense as well. Mako learned from his relationship with Korra for example, and now will stay forever single.
Don't worry I remember that. Lin is superior to Pema. Lin is like GILF status.

Nah, he's got Wu. His loyalty to Korra is because she kept his and Wu's relationship hidden.

Kangi

I’m only sorry it took us so long to have this kind of representation in one of our stories.
Don't worry, there's still time to make some retcons and make Zukaang canon post-A:TLA.

aly

you know what I just realized? the last two girls mako dated turned homosexual after breaking up with him... man thats a real blow to the ego. happening once hurts but twice? in all seriousness, I'd feel like complete shit afterwords :3 but on topic, i mean really, was there any doubt whatsoever that they fell in love? you'd truly have to be in denial. the only way the could've made it any more obvious was if they kissed but then that would've ruined the scene imo, it would've felt forced.

aly

I'm gonna make a list of all the people who got the short stick in this show:

Lin
Mako
Tahno
Kuvira
Asami's dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom